Thread: Anyone know if irdeto smart VAST cards are available, if so where?

Thanks

Thumbs up VAST is OK

I'm using Vu+ boxes with (expensive) cards and am OK with VAST as I can skip ads. Why the Humax etc boxes were crippled with restrictions remains perplexing.
    Last edited by Tassie Devil; 16-03-20 at 10:24 AM. Reason: more info
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

You can't just buy a VAST card, as they are paired with either a box or a CAM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    You can't just buy a VAST card, as they are paired with either a box or a CAM.
    Thanks. Of course you are right - my question was not well detailed.

And I've discovered, since posting, they are available with CAM (at very high cost) at Access antennas.

Thanks

Unfortunately the VAST cards are married to the box, so if you loose the card you can not replace it. The box has to be replaced. No idea why Optus can not rewrite to the box, but it could possibly be hard written to the CA software once the virgin card is paired to the box.

The CI module is the best option for 3rd party boxes. Just trying to find a single CI version is $$$

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Unfortunately the VAST cards are married to the box, so if you loose the card you can not replace it. The box has to be replaced. No idea why Optus can not rewrite to the box, but it could possibly be hard written to the CA software once the virgin card is paired to the box.

The CI module is the best option for 3rd party boxes. Just trying to find a single CI version is $$$
    Actually cards are available and I did end up getting one to use in my Vu+ receiver. But they are expensive ($800) and there is a catch, although classed as 10 channel cards they will only receive more than one TV signal from channels using the same frequency. So e.g. a multi CH card will record SBS and Channel 9 OK as they use the same frequency but not the ABC or Channel 7 at the same time as they are on different frequencies. As I understand it these cards are not generally meant for retail consumption so their availability is not being widely advertised. PM me if you would like to know the source, but I'm told there are no more currently available anyway so there could be a long wait, exacerbated by the current virus problems.