Thread: fcc and c band sat

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Default fcc and c band sat

FCC Looking to Open up C-Band Spectrum for 5G Use
    February 25, 2020

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has shared some draft rules that would reform the use of the C-band and make a large amount of spectrum available for 5G communications.

The C-band is a 500 MHz segment of spectrum from 3.7 to 4.2 GHz, which is now mostly used by fixed satellite companies to beam content to video and audio broadcasters, cable systems, and other content distributors. However, satellite companies don’t need the entire C-band to provide the services they are providing today. They can provide the same services with less bandwidth, which would free up a significant amount of spectrum for 5G.

5G Americas’ Response to the Announcement:

This announcement by the FCC regarding the mid-band spectrum and the C-Band auction is an important step for U.S. 5G leadership for the next generation of mobile communications. Mid-band licensed spectrum will be critical in providing both coverage and capacity for the vast array of new 5G services and applications for consumers and enterprise users in the U.S.

Chairman Pai’s draft rules would make the lower 280 MHz of the C-band available for flexible use, including 5G, through a public auction. Existing satellite operations would be repacked into the upper 200 megahertz of the band with relocation costs covered.

This strikes the appropriate balance between making available critical mid-band spectrum for 5G and protecting incumbent uses. This would be the Commission’s most significant action yet to repurpose mid-band airwaves and would represent a critical step toward securing United States leadership in 5G. It would quickly free up a significant amount of spectrum for next-generation wireless services, and it would generate significant revenue for the U.S. Treasury.

The full Commission will vote on this Report and Order on February 28, 2020 at the FCC’s Open Meeting.

OUCH

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (03-03-20),tristen (02-03-20)

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

So what does that all mean for here in Australian. I have Trouble understanding this sometimes due to my many strokes. Well i want to be paid Compensation for the issue that I will have. Why should I use my Money to fix this issue at my End yet they are responsive for issue I will have.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 03-03-20 at 09:43 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Not relevant to Australia as we don't use c band here.

The fact you can receive overseas c band services here is irrelevant.

Much easier and cheaper to go iptv now anyway.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks

We get this issue in ChinaSat6b channels and other sats that the hotels use for foreign tv channels. There are a lot of people, mainly Asian and M/E immigrants, watching these channels in Australia. There are 5G filters and filtered LNBs available but they still miss the bottom of the band.
    It's up to the satellite provider and their governments to work it out but they will likely have to do it in their own country anyway.
    If possible, best to find another source atm.