Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with *some* Ebay sellers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I got a Notice last Night my lights are due to be delivered today.... along with my solar controller boards I have been waiting on.

I am still waiting on the Psuedo 12 AH battery and I bough another set of lights that are supposed to be 200W and they are also due today or tomorrow.
    I'm taking bets those 200W lights will be somewhere in the 18-30W range when measured. In order to be 200W they would have to be 10W Leds and I'd bet my house they aren't going to have anything that quality! Still, I'm punting they will be OK lights and I will be able to use them. Actually thinking of putting them on the back of the house through a power supply to shine right up the back yard where the mains powered ones won't reach.

I have some relays I am waiting on 4 days over due. I am trying it your way wotnot with some of your lines and have sent an email saying if they don't turn up tomorrow I will have to get alternative items and will have no use for theirs. " I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue". :0) Mentioned I'd have to open a return claim for a refund if they weren't here tomorrow and pre empted the usual " have you checked the post office " Bs stalling crap and set up for a faster refund. No doubt I'll get the inevitable " Could you pay more paitence please? and wait a few days longer?" line off them but the answer is NO! No more use if they do show up, I'll send them back at your expense and take the refund.

I did actually want them ASAP and did pay more with this mob because they were advertised as local and with a much faster delivery date. Looks like I fell for the old scam of local stock again (although this listing seemed legit and didn't have any of the usual hallmarks,) when they are coming from China or elsewhere on the slow, cheap delivery boat.

Ah well, I did actually learn a cheaper and better work around in the meantime but Fkem. If they are not here a week after stated delivery, they are taking the piss so I'll take a piss right back on them!

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

The replacement LEDS I am waiting for are 12/24 volt 40 watt apparently.
    I managed to get some advertised as 24 watt from another seller (twice the price) as I've been chasing ones with lower wattage, and it appears the more expensive 24 watt lights are far brighter than the supposed 40 watt ones I've had the seller trouble with.
    From all accounts it looks like Fleabay & their scam advertisers might actually work in my favour in this instance when chasing lower wattage lights, took some time to find ones advertised as low wattage as most I saw were listed as 100-200 or greater wattage.
    I'll have to learn how to measure wattage with my multimeter once I get some spare time again & see just what they actually are.
    Jeez be a shame if my 40 watters from the problem seller turn out to be something else, I'll have to annoy them about that too, lol.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,510 Posts

Some people are still just excited stuff turned up at all and hurriedly rushed to leave feedback because that's what they are so encouraged to do at every turn
    Yep, that's what you see - faux feedback. Only in one way is this useful -- it makes detailed negative feedback look more credible. The feedback/review system they use on Banggood works much, much better.

There is a company on fleabay called " Mills Trading" whom also sell under "Edisons" as well as several other names.
    Yeah, they're all part of the same syndicate ..(as sold the 'Rossmark' battery charger in the other thread)...easiest way to spot them, is using the eyes wide open approach ; they use a common toolkit (webstore templates are all the same) ;

<- aussie platform distributor
    <<-- the other shoe
    <<-- AGR was one of their no defunct shop 'fronts'...

The other problem as I alluded to earlier is people more than not don't know anything about the product they are buying or have a clue if it's what they are getting.
    Correct, but it's more than just plain lack of common sense...ie; I was always taught that if you don't know, ask somebody who does. That's common sense to me. Decades ago that used to work as well -- if you wanted to buy something you really knew nothing about, you'd go the the physical store to ask someone knowledgeable in what they're selling, which device is best for your purpose ..(and back then they would've sold you a made in Australia Arlec battery charger for instance - note that brand still exist but is now made in China =) The perception now, with the advent of online shopping, you're cutting out the middle man, and thus getting a cheaper price ; perhaps you do. Perhaps that's because you didn't pay for the knowledge & expertise that you used to get 'in the old days', as such for free. Online shopping moves the onus onto the buyer to be their own expert, and to know exactly what they're buying.

Sticking with battery chargers, I see Edisons flog off 'Rossi' branded chargers ~ if they're not a clone of Rossmark, then they're rolling out of the same factory.

Folks need to think more laterally - if you want to research a product before you buy, you look for forums like these and read read read. Don't limit your research ground to the confines of ebay feedback/reviews, understand this merchandise is also being sold outside ebay, either via direct online store or via suppliers. If you want to find out about people's experiences with 12/24v battery chargers, just search for that much ; forget all about the Rossmark or any other branding ; you'll learn something.

If you don't need to learn that, ok then, what about this 'Rossmark' branding then? M'kay, google's your friend but probably a lot of folks don't know the tricks... the name Rossmark will be a contraction of something like 'rossmark industrial electric pty ltd' or some such similar nonsense, but you can usually trim the search with <brandname> electrical ... so feed 'rossmark electrical' into google ; eyes wide open, click on the images tab ; that's right, grumpy old bastards don't have time to read and click on links, you'll get summary information on the image tab...how?..

On the images page you'll be presented with pictures of various Rossmark branded products. underneath each image is the url where google found that picture. This becomes the effective list of online (ebay as well) sellers, also smoking the same crack. you keep scrolling, reading it like a comic book...did you notice the images where the case side branding reads 'ROSS MARK' on a couple of URLs, whereas predominantly the brand is presented as ROSSMARK, no space ...they're likely knockoffs (clones) of this dubious Rossmark branding ... you keep scrolling ...it becomes clear this brand is targeted at Australia, and sales reference of this brand being sold in NZ would appear bogus...you keep scrolling ... suddenly you start to see images of other branded welders, your comic book brain suddenly notices some Rossi branded equipment...how on earth is google's database including these hits?...umm, keep scrolling...there, that one -> .. their search algorithm handily ropes in all the cheap and nasty in one go - personal opinion only again ; avoid buying everything you see there =)

Why?...that site's search algorithm is as the name implies - free shipping. Sanity check - we all know 'free shipping' does not exist, right? Somebody pays, always. We know the 'free' part, has to be incorporated into the purchase price. If you are an aussie manufacturer, you can't afford to do that ; the margins are too small ~ ergo, those who can offer free shipping, on say an item costing $130, and that price is a 80% discount on RRP, even at that price level they're still marking money. So...you look at the item size/weight, and figure out roughly shipping that item would normally cost, let's say it's $30..so you subtract that from the pruchase price, and even at $100/item, they're still making profit margin. How much?...well, sticking with the Rossmark charger here, you pop the cover and jot down the bill of materials, everything used to make it - with the BOM, you hit the HongKong or Chinese component suppliers, to find out how much it cost them to make the thing -- to give you some idea of how staggeringly different the prices are (and taking the LED module I example above) .. a genuine maxim7219 is roughly $10/piece (and that's in bulk) ; I can source knockoff 7219 chips for 66cents each in lots of 10.

This CD-55 charger (from what I can see and have read)..estimated cost of production?...somewhere between $25-$40... AUD... depends on the MOQ. You have to add transport costs to get them to AU ..bulk pallet, container ship, might round out to $10 a unit, so even at the sale price of $100 (RRP $275), they're *still* making $50 a sale. Not bad, huh? Call them arseholes, scum, ripoffs, thieves or whatever you want, but at least respect their entrepreneurial application They wouldn't get away with it, without willing buyers who don't know anything about what they're buying, and fall sucker to the advertising & discounts. I really can't blame them for exploiting silly people, because the exact same tool they use to do it... the internet... is the exact same tool I'm using here to dredge up all these facts and information to help me steer clear of the unscrupulous online sellers -- you may connote 'unscrupulous' as you see fit, all connotations apply =)

Perhaps to arrest this, the correct approach is to educate the young, at school/high-school, about what is going on, what they have to watch out for, and what to avoid. This is sort of happening already in part, but not centered with any online buying thread.

This is hell of a rigamarol to go through, just over a battery charger, right? A supposed 40amp charger, that overheats and shuts down, is of dubious overseas origins & manufacture as per above, and it only delivers 25amps at best, when it is running.

Do you *really* want to put a stop to this kind of ebay seller? Too easy -->>

Why would you buy anything else? Locally made, local service & parts, no bullshit advertising, 25amps continuous, no ebay (or other) online store. I do realize one can't buy every type of item out there from Australian manufacturers, but when you *can*, shouldn't this be your first consideration?

Sometime, the common sense way to deal with some ebay sellers, is far more simple and straight forward than one would first think..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Having a REALLY big laugh reading this thread.

About the feedbacks, mines at 100%, yet i tell scamming (yes you wouldnt believe the scams buyers try) customers where to go on a daily basis....so DONT look at feedback, a call to ebay with a good excuse gets them wiped off in the blink of an eye, no sweat.

But the part i find the funniest is people knowing they are paying less than market price and then complaining its not genuine.

Who would have thought so?

You want genuine? Find a Australian dealer of that product on ebay (if you can) ......stop handing over your money to Chinese sellers, the Chinese are the experts of reproducing a item to look exactly as the original item, even the packaging is dead on, but internally its inferior.

You all know this, yet you all still chase that cheap price then cry.

If the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is genuine....fake......

I sent my son to China late last year for our business, the amount of good fake reproductions is staggering, the prices ARE too good to be true.

Fake items that sell here for $1000 Aud on ebay over there for $200 Usd (about $300AUD), hard not to jump on the fake bandwagon when there is so much money to be made.

Yet sell a genuine product and there is no money in it as the wholesale prices here are through the roof.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (20-03-20),ol' boy (20-03-20)

Thanks

You want genuine? Find a Australian dealer of that product on ebay (if you can) ......stop handing over your money to Chinese sellers, the Chinese are the experts of reproducing a item to look exactly as the original item, even the packaging is dead on, but internally its inferior.
    Couple of things I find a problem with this alone....

Firstly, I'm mainly sticking with "Australian" dealers so I have more leverage getting my money back and they are the ones selling the over rated items.
    Be they Australian, Chinese or Klingon makes no difference to their Bona Fides as sellers.
    The battery I bought was from a seller in Sydney. The price was somewhat cheaper than other sellers with the same size but they were all interstate and as the post above points out, I figured cheaper to send across the city than the country. Again, no " Genuine" brands of those things other than maybe Panasonic and power sonic but there are loads of brands I have had over the years and they are all fine and some I have got from OEM manufacturers as well. wasn't the battery that was at fault was the Crunt of a seller.

Secondly, case in point, what exactly is a " Genuine " Led Light? I can look at a bunch of store front sellers and they all have different units with different, mainly their own, branding anyway.
    I was almost tempted to buy an LED light bar in supercheap yesterday just to test it and see if their lights were any different and actualy the output they claimed? Wouldn't surprise me in the least to find they or at least some of them weren't either. The one I spotted like I ordered that had 36w instead of 200 what on it looked exactly like the one I ordered. I very much doubt it's any different at all only supercreep put the proper rating on it. I doubt the quality is any better and the branding was their own.
    Like I have been saying, the ones I got off fleabay may not be bad units, just not what they are made out to be ratings wise.

That was Blindingly obvious ( pun intended) that a light that size couldn't have a 200W output ( well obvious to me at least) but the likley hood is I'll get a pair of lights for free that SC want $129 for. Not a better or different light, same one, lot more exy but with the proper rating on them. That's it. a 36W light will be great for what I want it for.

It's often not like buying a Kelvinator Fridge where they are all the same and any offered at half price would show up Immeadieatly. The other thing is, there are Multiple sellers hocking the same product and they all have the same ratings on the product so how is one to know what it should be. End of the day if it says XXX that's what it's obligated to be, not yyy.

One other thing I have also found is that there is Non genuine stuff out there BETTER Than OEM and at a fraction of the price.
    Between Friends and family and myself, I must know of 50 Of those Chinese petrol engines. I have 8 Myself. I would have one of those over 5 Briggs, Tecumseh's or others. Kohler are OK but for the price which is about 1/4 to 1/5th of a briggs or Honda, I'll take the knock off. They just DON"T give any damn trouble and when you buy an 8 Hp, you get every bit of 8hp, not 2.5.

The exception I will admit is a couple of mine after 3-4 years have had the fuel lines split but if thats the worst I have to put up with on a $120 engine as against a $500 + engine, Guess which one I'm taking? Both my father and a mate were died in the wool, Honda is the only engine to have types. Bought my father a BIG log splitter with the China engine on it. First comment was " We'll see how long this thing lasts. " 2 years later when hes thrashed the arse off it and split piles of wood he couldn't get the tractor through in several attempts, the attitude has turned to " I'll never pay for another Honda again when I can get four of these things for the same price and they hold up this well. 7 years down the line it's still going with no more maintence than an oil change and bang the dust out the air filter.

Mate is the same. Dunno how many he has for his Business and on his property but I never heard him complain about them once.
    Other thing he has is the chinese Chainsaws. The big ones. He bought one as a " Disposable' for a particular Job and found he loved the thing more than his Stihl.
    Next time I got round there there are 5 of the things , 2 in pieces on the bench. I asked if they stuffed up . He laughed and said no, they got stuffed up. Son ran one with no oil in the petrol and he put one the backhoe and drove off with it there and it fell under the wheel and got crushed. He went and bought the others in case they stopped bringing them in and he couldn't get more. He said All 5 have cost me less than a sthil of the same size and the stihl isn't idiot proof with the wrong fuel and running over them.

Over all I have found the Chinese machinery pretty damn good as have other people. The chainsaws amongst others are fakes, Husky knockoffs but they are bloody good knockoffs and work very well. The other thing is they are not sold as 250Cc and 20 HP, the ratings on the things seem entirely accurate and you do get what you pay for in what they are claimed to be.

If they said these LED lights are 36W instead of 200, then no problem but it's the Bullshit specifications and ratings from the pricks selling them that are a far bigger problem then the product itself.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Fake items that sell here for $1000 Aud on ebay over there for $200 Usd (about $300AUD), hard not to jump on the fake bandwagon when there is so much money to be made.

Yet sell a genuine product and there is no money in it as the wholesale prices here are through the roof.
    I have really noticed this with 4WD tyres

That market has exploded!!!
    Go on Alibaba and check out the prices, can buy a 285/75 16 for $20USD!!! in an All Terrain or Mud Terrain
    Min orders of 10 units!

FFS.....

I spoke to a few local dealers that also sell these lines as well as BFG's for $350 a tyre and they tell me they are not bad now for wet grip etc
    That if they were bad, like really bad the internet would be lit up over it.... That is a fair point.

As for eBay, just bought 40 LED downlights, thought they might take ages to get here or not at all.... Arrived in 3 days!!!!
    WOW!!!
    Delivered for the same price as 15 of the same LED light fittings from Bunnings
    Last edited by ol' boy; 20-03-20 at 10:08 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Mate is the same. Dunno how many he has for his Business and on his property but I never heard him complain about them once.
    Other thing he has is the chinese Chainsaws. The big ones. He bought one as a " Disposable' for a particular Job and found he loved the thing more than his Stihl.
    Excellent, that was exactly the place I was going to start as well. You actually touched on this earlier -- China manufacture to a specification & price, they don't just make junk. Some of us older johns can recall that we called everything made in Japan was crap - not so now.

Stihl is a good example ~ they make a good product, I have a couple over 20years old. They were made in Germany (the US is supplied by their Brazilian plant). In 2008 they set up a plant in China - all the Stihl we see today in AU come from there.

You can still buy a Stihl today, made in that Chinese factory and they're still a damn good machine. Of course, you can buy multiple Stihl clones and knockoffs as well. This is invariably what happens when you outsource a design to be made in China. Do you need a Stihl brushcutter to do the edges around the yard? Not really...that's light duty work, buy the Stihl knockoff, you'll save at least $100 on the purchase price. Likewise as George has found by talking to people who've bought same, the gear works just fine, no complaints, I can report the same ~ some of these Chinese knockoffs are quite good.

Where people go wrong, is giving in to their inner greed, and looking for the -cheapest- possible ; that's a recipe for disaster. When they knockoff a known good brand, they make several different price-point tiers ..ie; the knockoff of the $400 Stihl at a cost of $300 will get you a comparable unit -- the knockoff that costs $100 will be absolute crap -- this is how it works. If you buy the cheapest, you go straight to the crap knockoff.

And yes, I would buy -any- aussie made product in preference, but who in Australia makes locally produced brush-cutters? Nobody....you can't even buy an Australian made car. Buy local when you can ~ when you can't, use your head instead. Common sense...

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (20-03-20)

Thanks

My battery just arrived. No sign of any lights that were supposed to be delivered by now. The Relay did turn up yesterday.
    As I bet money on, battery is NOT what I ordered and just another 7.2ah Job. What is interesting is looking on the bottom of the box , it says Part SKU 9A. Was supposed to be a 9ah battery I ordered but the 7.2 was in the box packed at the end with old bubble wrap. Proof positive that they KNEW they weren't sending the right unit.

I'll be getting onto the seller straight away with some of wotnots suggestions. My method worked fine last time, Hope his don't bring me unstuck! :0)

I am fairly confident they will let me keep the battery and just give me a refund because I'll be nice once and then back to old habits and another Neg feedback saying they are cheating customers.
    Might wait a couple of weeks and get my daughter to order 1 on her account! :0)

Premium Member
    Thanks

with some of wotnots suggestions
    Mind how you go there ~ remember, the first rule of this sport, is comprehension -- in a previous post of yours, I think you've confused my quote, of GT250's quote, as being *my* quote ; not so, I didn't correct it at the time, but do so now seeing as you're sidling up to the skirmish line..

"I am trying it your way wotnot with some of your lines and have sent an email saying if they don't turn up tomorrow I will have to get alternative items and will have no use for theirs. " I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue" "

The bit in bold, is GT250's line that I don't particularly agree with =)

...now... back to fitting my elcheapo brake pads...

Thanks

Well heres a fly in the ointment, seller did send a return Shipping label. I noticed it was for 22KG though so I'm not sure if they think I have something else much more valueable like a car battery?

Games not over yet though. I thought I'll put a bit of leverage in here and leave a neg feedback for wasting my time and sending the wrong battery. Go to do that and I can't leave neg feedback for a week. Can leave pos feedback but not neg. Looks like I'll hold onto the thing and leave the neg feedback and see what happens.
    Might tell them I'm going away for a week and won't be able to take it to a post office till then.

Thanks

[QUOTE=wotnot;819867]The bit in bold, is GT250's line that I don't particularly agree with =) Sorry for the misquote.

Seems the calm strategy didn't work this time... yet.

...now... back to fitting my elcheapo brake pads...
    AAAHHHGGGHHH!

I know you are joking but...

There are some things even I draw the line at!

I was in qld a couple of years ago and I went through the pads. Went a few places to get them and no one had any. Finally found a set of supercheaps own brand. All they had. Put them on and scared myself Shitless. The things were useless!

I tried to get them hot, I tried them cold and in between and they just wouldn't stop the thing. I never left so much distance between traffic in my life before and was on tender hooks. I could pretty much pull the thing up on the handbrake just as well. Mind you the thing has a huge centre hand brake on the drive shaft but still...
    Got to my uncles 3 hours down the road and bled the brakes to make sure there was no air but they were hard, too damn hard with those pads and pulled the pads out and roughed them with some 40 grit. Made no difference. Disks were fine, only replaced them with the last pad change so no problems there.

Got back home, pulled them out and went to the local place and told them the things shouldn't be sold, they were fking dangerous and I wanted a set of decent pads or a refund or I would be taking it further to see if the things were even legal to sell. Manager went off, made a phone call and they had a set of Bendix and gave them to me at no extra cost. Went home, put them in and nearly put myself through the windscreen after getting used to the other ones.

You couldn't pay me to put them in again. I'd rather run metal to metal and replace the disks. At least the thing would stop better.

It's a scary thought what some people might be putting in though.
    I ran a parts shop for a while and people would get the wrong pads and bring them back covered in oil and grease and then wonder why we wouldn't take them back. Too damn stupid to know you don't put oil, grease and friction linings together.
    In the end there were some people I would not sell brake pads, master and wheel cylinder kits and the like to. They couldn't change the oil competently and definitely shouldn't been fking with brakes!

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    "I am trying it your way wotnot with some of your lines and have sent an email saying if they don't turn up tomorrow I will have to get alternative items and will have no use for theirs. " I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue" "

The bit in bold, is GT250's line that I don't particularly agree with =)
    Lol, actually that one's mine

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    Lol, actually that one's mine
    Yep, my bad... shorted synapses due to the charger being in one thread, and this discussion happening here ... at least I know it wasn't me, so there's hope yet =)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

All good.
    I'll sell it to you on Fleabay if you like, no returns, refunds, warranties or specs though

Premium Member
    Thanks

Finally found a set of supercheaps own brand
    ..ohh, that place is a microcosm of the clone/knockoff art - I only buy lubricants and cleaners/solvents from them (and then, only when such is on special)

I had feared I'd be heading off topic with this, but as it turns out one of SCA's home-brands (ToolPro) also has an ebay presence --> (I often wondered if that's where their store returns end up)

Did they have SCA branded brake-pads once upon a time? Oh the horror.... but here we go on another troll...

They sell Transgold brake pads ; looks like an aussie company but that's the face of this mob -> -- hard pads, work alright on dimpledrilled/slotted discs ; backing plate is shit though, flexes once you get do to 60% wear, then the friction material cracks in the middle ; they don't last long after this takes place. elcheapo pads ...

They sell Bendix as well ....they also sell a store-brand of PowaBrakes (cheaper) ... guess what? Both these are brands imported/made by the same company ... FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd. On that note, look here -->> ...note their website address .... scroll down to where it lists competitors, one of them is bendix-brakes.com ..*that* is the real Bendix ...bendix we get here is overpriced elcheapo pads ...

They sell Maxistop brake pads -- these are made in Malaysia ; these are totally useless...I suspect they're made of seashells and seaweed pressed together. When you throw these at a brick wall, they don't stop 8^) these are elcheapest pads...

What brake pads did I just fit?...aussie made ADB pads ... ...these are a good, medium priced pad ... but I still call them elcheapo =) Why? If I want 'excellent' brake pads, I'd buy some TRW pads that cost twice as much again, and won't wear as long...but they're excellent brakes -- if I want to buy extremely outstanding pads, I'll fork over $350 a set for Winmax pads out of Japan.

Seeing as I *can* support aussie made, I do.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

[QUOTE=george65;819897]
    Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    The bit in bold, is GT250's line that I don't particularly agree with =) Sorry for the misquote.

Seems the calm strategy didn't work this time... yet.

AAAHHHGGGHHH!

I know you are joking but...

There are some things even I draw the line at!

I was in qld a couple of years ago and I went through the pads. Went a few places to get them and no one had any. Finally found a set of supercheaps own brand. All they had. Put them on and scared myself Shitless. The things were useless!

I tried to get them hot, I tried them cold and in between and they just wouldn't stop the thing. I never left so much distance between traffic in my life before and was on tender hooks. I could pretty much pull the thing up on the handbrake just as well. Mind you the thing has a huge centre hand brake on the drive shaft but still...
    Got to my uncles 3 hours down the road and bled the brakes to make sure there was no air but they were hard, too damn hard with those pads and pulled the pads out and roughed them with some 40 grit. Made no difference. Disks were fine, only replaced them with the last pad change so no problems there.

Got back home, pulled them out and went to the local place and told them the things shouldn't be sold, they were fking dangerous and I wanted a set of decent pads or a refund or I would be taking it further to see if the things were even legal to sell. Manager went off, made a phone call and they had a set of Bendix and gave them to me at no extra cost. Went home, put them in and nearly put myself through the windscreen after getting used to the other ones.

You couldn't pay me to put them in again. I'd rather run metal to metal and replace the disks. At least the thing would stop better.

It's a scary thought what some people might be putting in though.
    I ran a parts shop for a while and people would get the wrong pads and bring them back covered in oil and grease and then wonder why we wouldn't take them back. Too damn stupid to know you don't put oil, grease and friction linings together.
    In the end there were some people I would not sell brake pads, master and wheel cylinder kits and the like to. They couldn't change the oil competently and definitely shouldn't been fking with brakes!
    You mean you removed those cheap Asian made brake pads and replaced them with Asian made Bendix?

Yep, few know most manufacturing is OS......i get lots of workshops refusing to put that crap in.

And on a side note, before buying pads, check the pads friction coefficient and temp range.

The better the bite, the quicker the discs will be in the bin, everything is a compromise.

And if you dont believe it, put some Bendix ultimates in next time, you will think your cars about to flip under braking, ill give you max 20,000Km till your out of discs and pads.

Love it when someone says they want a car to stop on a dime, hand over the money and see you again in 9 months for another set......
    Last edited by Godzilla; 20-03-20 at 08:51 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (21-03-20),ol' boy (24-03-20)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Godzilla;819919]
    Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

You mean you removed those cheap Asian made brake pads and replaced them with Asian made Bendix?
    No, I mean I took something out that didn't stop the vehicle and and put in something that did very effectively.
    I couldn't give a shit where they are made, If they work they work and that's it.

The better the bite, the quicker the discs will be in the bin, everything is a compromise.

And if you dont believe it, put some Bendix ultimates in next time, you will think your cars about to flip under braking, ill give you max 20,000Km till your out of discs and pads.
    I laugh every time I hear this sort of thing. Sorry but it's complete and utter crap!

So you have to replace the disks more often, Who gives a flying fluck? When I want to stop, I want to effing stop. Replacing the disks will always be a lot cheaper and preferable to running into something and having to pay insurance excess or be injured. I can also change disks a LOT faster than I can just taking the vehicle to a repair shop let alone all the rest of the stuffing round. And that's If they have to be replaced not just skimmed.

As it were, I have run the Bendix ultimates for some years on a variety ov vehicles and I find the 20K disk replacement figure laughable and completely wrong. I have run them in my 4Wd and passenger cars and the shortest I can remember having to have the disks MACHINED from new was 80K km and that was on the truck when I was constantly towing with it.

Disks are cheap as ship now anyway and it's a 5 Minute job to change each one. I really couldn't care less if I had to replace the disks every year. Cheap compared to other costs of having an accident and if that saves my life or my family from injury, They are bloody cheap and more than worth the cost.

Love it when someone says they want a car to stop on a dime, hand over the money and see you again in 9 months for another set......
    Anyone that drove like that requiring new Disks/ pads every 9 months is a maniac and doesen't count. They are probably burning through tyres and clutches if they drive a manual at the same rate and I have seen several of those types. I completely refute that as being the case for normal driving activities and its certainly NOT been my experience through a wide range of vehicles and several drivers. Don't believe for a minute that is at all an accurate assessment.

And again, so Fking what if you DO have to replace the disks every 12 Months, not for a second do I believe that is creditable for anyone that does not drive like a fktard. I don't hang around but there is a BIG difference between a fast driver and a dipshit who abuses their vehicle and does stupid things. Even when I was young and did have some questionable hi speed and handling driving practices, I NEVER went through disks in a year or decent pads for that matter. I do remember trying some asbestos free things and they were rubbish but if you don't blow the brakes out with compressed air and breathe the dust nothing to worry about with asbestos pads.

Anyway, for $50 to have disks skimmed or $100 for a new set of rotors, I don't give a shit as long as the thing stops as well as it can when I need it to. It's not barrelling into a corner and having to wash off 100Kmh in 10M I'm worried about, it's stopping when some moron pulls out in front of you or slams on their brakes the second they see an orange light when you have a ton and a half on the back even if it is braked.

If other people want to try and make consumable components last for ever and are willing to compromise safety and their well being ( not to mention that of others) for a lot less than they spend on piss or fast food in a year, that's up to them.
    I have different priorities and worrying how long my disks will last isn't one of them.

Thanks

Got my 200w lights today.
    Measured them at a whopping..... 6w!
    I knew they coildnt be 200w but even that sets a new standard for chinese bullshit !

I felt rped off even though i ordered them expecting to be...ripped off...but not that ripped off.

Things are virtually useless. I literally have far better flashlights than these things. Not even sure they would be worthwhile as a reversing lightnas they have no spread or reach.

I emailed the seller ignoring all advise here and let them know i was pissed. No refund tomorrow and straightnto neg feedback.... not that there was going to be anything different anyway .

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Jma (24-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Got my 200w lights today.
    Measured them at a whopping..... 6w!
    I knew they coildnt be 200w but even that sets a new standard for chinese bullshit !
    ...wow, that's a new level of low alright ~ 3% of quoted!! Go the jugular....

Thanks

Yeah, I saw what I -thought- were the same lights in supercheap the other day rated at 36W and that's what I was expecting which would have been ok.
    As soon as I took the things out of the mailing bag I was sus on the cheap arse looking boxes. when I opened the box and saw the leads that had more in common with a Human hair that electrical wiring, I knew they were going to be crap.

They have requested a return and given me a number. I sent a reply saing I was in quarantine for 12 more days and couldn't go out and that I wasn't paying to return the lights that they tried to rip me off with. Also left Neg feedback saying the lights were only 6W and beware of the ripoff. Havent heard back yet. Hoping rather than stuff round might bring them to the party offering for me to keep the lights if I change feedback.

The return everything seems to be a new strategy. Maybe another hurdle to make people forget about it and just keep them.
    That can be played too. If they do get enough returns and starts costing them money they may well drop it.

Seems to be an evolving game!

• Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast