Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with *some* Ebay sellers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

First thing they will tell you is have you checked with the post office and can you wait a few more days, thanks for your understanding.

I always say in the first email I have checked with the post office and it's not there to get that one out the way and I have waited long enough and other items I ordered on the same day from ( China?) arrived a long time ago OR, that it does not take XX weeks for something to be delivered in Australia.

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

No probs OB.
    Yeah it can get annoying when waiting for something urgent and then being stuffed about.
    Even more annoying when we know the seller is just stalling, but the best way to get the desired result is jump through all the hoops.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (02-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    First thing they will tell you is have you checked with the post office and can you wait a few more days, thanks for your understanding.

I checked at the Post Office today
    I got the owner at the Post Office to run my tracking number, it's still in Sydney after 10 days

I'm thinking a fake tracking number, but who knows
    I also told the seller i had received items from QLD days ago, all ordered on the same day

Honestly, i should have known better, but i had been dicked around by 2 other sellers of the same item (changing prices as i went to buy)
    So i just found this seller and pulled the trigger

Then i read his neg feedback later
    Last edited by ol' boy; 02-04-20 at 07:59 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Cheers mate, i have started the process
    Emailing back and forth now, what a grand waste of time
    Yeah, start with the seller, give them 7days to sort it, then get ebay involved pointing to the like/negative feedback that's very much the same as what you're experiencing. If it gets that far, and at that time, you should query ebay as to exactly -why- you could find such bad/negative, and why haven't they done anything (about the seller)? Be polite. They (ebay) are more concerned about it appearing as though they're doing nothing, that they are about shonky sellers using their site -- that's not speculative, that's what you seeing happening in reality.

Change of tack, positive result today that examples why we buy potential junk off ebay. Farmer's pressure washer goes down, turn out the carby is the problem - engine is a honda gx390 13hp petrol engine, china have been knocking these off for years. Cost of replacement knockoff carby?..$20 + $3 express postage ; carby already here, direct fit, pressure washer up and running again, farmer happy.

You offer up the 'genuine' part replacement route to the same farmer ...$75 for the carby, $30 freight, and it'll probably get here next Monday. The original carby survived 3years in service -- for the same money as a single replacement carby, you can buy 5 knockoff carbys and even if they die after 1 or 2 years in service, you're still ahead by some large amount, plus, if you buy a few you keep the downtown & inconvenience of not having the pressure washer running, to an absolute minimum. You're saving $80 on the carby and gaining $500 in productivity by minimizing downtime.

In such cases you need an aussie seller who specializes in that area. You can find them, purchasing from them is different, you buy it, it arrives on time, it works, and there is zero communication from the seller....no broken English thank you from buying from us, no BS emails, nothing... ...if you ever need any of the gear/parts they carry, they're a good choice - even their item descriptions and detailed specs match each other and actually make sense and obey the laws of physics, Ohm's Law, and other universal constants =) In fact, if you look carefully, you can discern where words have been changed/added, to DE-sensationalize some claims and accurately reflect the true position. I've bought from that seller before, never a problem, sources gear made at a good target manufacturing price-point/spec.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (03-04-20)

Thanks

honda gx390 13hp petrol engine, china have been knocking these off for years. Cost of replacement knockoff carby?..$20 + $3 express postage
    Bought one of these for my fathers Ride on that was leaking 4 weeks ago. In this case $18 delivered to the country in 4 days.
    Dad puts it on, reckons the thing has never started easier and run Smoother.

Last year a Honda pump wouldn't start. Traced it to the coil. Dad prices new one at local Honda stealer Over $150 ( $165?) Dad says pumps not worth it. I look on fleabay, $17 Delivered. I remember that took 2 days to turn up which amazed me. I got it out the mail box walked up the shed, put it on and had the thing back together and purring like a Kitten in 5 Min.
    Dad says where you get the coil, I told him, he says I wasn't going to bother for that price. I said well I thought it was worth it for $17. He asks for what? I said the coil. He looks confused. He said they told me in town it was $165. I said on ebay they are $17. Delivered.

Couldn't give me the $20 fast enough when I went down the house. Keep the change.

Komatsu Forklift was acting up. Bad carby as well. Komatsu Price... $15xx.00. Set of gaskets (3) needle and seat and accelerator pump plunger, $245.
    Took some finding on fleabay, new carb $149 WITH a new fuel pump. Bitch to install the mechanical fuel pump but again, thing runs like a watch.

Now whenever he needs some part I am told to "Get your computer and bang up one of these for me and see how much".

I bought a new Alternator for the ute. Local wreckers were taking the piss on the price, over $200 used and exchange. Fleabay larger alt, $125.
    Thing puts out good power at proper voltage. Could not distinguish it from the original one to look at.

My Kubota tractor Drive belts, $54 ea at local joint... when they have them.... Gave me wrong size which I had to take back, right ones maybe next week.
    Fleabay, $14 and the same brand as the local place had. Arrived in 3 days and were spot on. Ordered 2 More for spares.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

wotnot (03-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

@Ol'boy, start a have not received item claim on ebay, then paypal will get involved, you will see you money after a wait.

Have seen a competitor on ebay do this for a month and then disappear from the face of the planet.

All of a sudden he started to get a lot of negative feedbacks one month, the next month he was gone.

That same month he was selling cheaper on ebay than we could buy the parts for wholesale, he got all the orders, his prices were too good to be true, money was flowing into his bank account.

Meanwhile he had a 30 day account with all his suppliers, so they didnt approach him to be paid while this was happening, the stuff he did get in to send was never paid for to the wholesalers.

He ended up owing 300K plus to suppliers, who knows how much he cleaned up from ebay buyers, simply shut shop at the end of the month and claimed bankruptcy.

He knew what he was doing, he made sure when the receiver did walk in there was nothing left to pay any one with, zero stock, zero in the bank account, go f#$k yourselves.

I remember talking to the suppliers about it, i prefer to pay my accounts by the week but in turn i chase a discounted wholesale price....now all their online sellers pay weekly to minimize the impact of the next one to try it.

And you wonder why Australian wholesalers charge so much......

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (03-04-20),ol' boy (03-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Do you sell Alternators Godzilla?
    I only think of you for brakes etc
    (And I still haven't purchased what you organised for me... bloody hopeless)
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

In my case, the seller has been very responsive, he replies in minutes every time

He actually just pointed out that i had purchased off him in 2017 and that why would i be upset and that he doesn't wish to lose a long time customer
    I checked and i had purchased a Timing Belt Kit and EGR plate, but from a different eBay seller "ACA AUTO PARTS", maybe ACA Autoparts and greatdeal-auto are the same people??

Anyway, i appreciate in these times, freight might be delayed and/or mistakes do get made, but its seems the only thing that got my tracking updated was to start a dispute with them.
    They have sold 70,000 items, so they would have to be legit, you'd think

Premium Member
    Thanks

maybe ACA Autoparts and greatdeal-auto are the same people?
    Yep, parent name is Machter Auto Parts, non ebay store is --

ol' boy (03-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Yep, parent name is Machter Auto Parts, non ebay store is --
    Yes, that street address matches perfectly, thanks wotnot
    The Alternator is literally twice as much on that website
    It also says it is not compatible with my vehicle on that website, yet on the eBay ad, it says it is compatible...

Sometimes online is good, then other times
    Last edited by ol' boy; 03-04-20 at 11:39 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yes, that street address matches perfectly, thanks wotnot
    The Alternator is literally twice as much on that website
    It also says it is not compatible with my vehicle on that website, yet on the eBay ad, it says it is compatible...

Sometimes online is good, then other times
    What I've given you there is cannon fodder for your splatterplank ... "Hello, I was chatting with a commercial lawyer, and he pointed out the actual parent name for your business is [insert name]. Having visited that non-ebay website, I noticed you're selling the exact same alternator for twice as much as you do on your ebay store-- and further, that website indicated the part in question is not suitable for my vehicle. I must say, I only investigated this far, after you mentioning I'd purchased from you before ; it was then I noticed I wasn't dealing with a single seller, but multiple ebay & online stores working under a common parent name."

In words, even less then 2000 of them, I can take that anywhere I want .. even popping that into ebay messages is like dropping a piece of sodium metal into a beaker of water - they really do want nor expect the average ebay punter to figure this much out, and pointing out to them it was something -they- said that prompted you to look deeper, is just garnish =)

ol' boy (03-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Reading this maybe we should set up a couple of eBay threads. one stealers to avoid and Good eBay Dealers.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

shred (03-04-20),wotnot (03-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Reading this maybe we should set up a couple of eBay threads. one stealers to avoid and Good eBay Dealers.
    Interesting you should say that
    I found this while checking out an online Battery Shop for laptop batteries
    BetterBatt seems to scrub up ok, spoke to them on the phone, girl could not be more helpful
    Went and purchased online using PayPal just in case, full GST receipt, tracking, 400 Day money back warranty, Victorian seller
    Seems to have great reviews... Lets see if i don't get shafted on another frigging laptop battery

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (03-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Do you sell Alternators Godzilla?
    I only think of you for brakes etc
    (And I still haven't purchased what you organised for me... bloody hopeless)
    No i avoid anything electrical like the plague, most suppliers wont take back stock thats been fitted or opened for use, they claim that once its been connected it may have been damaged due to electrical surge, not their goods that were perfect when they handed them over.

Once you see the wholesalers conditions you realize the headache waiting dealing with ebay numbnuts.

I remember when i use to sell starter motors, they would return them claiming they dont work or was not needed, the ones that didnt work did work as i tested them, the ones that claimed they bought them by mistake made me realize that most worked out they had a bad battery, or alternator, or poor earth or a ignition signal issue.

They bought, tested, worked out they didnt need it, i copped back used returns that could not be resold, so their experiment/test cost me money.

Hence, bugger that, and hence my some ebay buyers are liers/scammers attitude that play the ebay returns system at the sellers expense.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 03-04-20 at 06:36 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (04-04-20),ol' boy (05-04-20),shred (05-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

I remember when i use to sell starter motors, they would return them claiming they dont work or was not needed, the ones that didn't work did work as i tested them, the ones that claimed they bought them by mistake made me realize that most worked out they had a bad battery, or alternator, or poor earth or a ignition signal issue.
    Try working in the wrecking game!

They will tell you the problem, tell you what they want, you tell them that's not the problem, this is (Wanting a switch for a Non working window when it's the motor gone 95% of the time is a multi time a week occurrence) they insist on the part they want, then come back and want to return it weeks later when you proved right but often don't want the part they did need having got it on fleabay or the like from some private seller.

Like the problems with electrical, engines are another one. They cook an engine because the radiator is stuffed, put the one they bought from you in without replacing the radiator, often after being warned about it, cook the new engine and then want a refund claiming what you sold them was a dud. Sometimes they come back with it in the car with the Radiator leaking or missing half the fins. Haven't sold an engine in 20 years without heat tabbing it. Once you show them it's cooked and that's not covered, discussion over. Well, loads have gone off screaming consumer affairs etc but never even had a single call from them.
    Those heat tabs have saved us TENS of thousands over the years.

We have had things brought back covered in grease and shit where they put them on then realised they weren't the problem and bought them back. Ah, not in a million fking years! Had more than one try to bring back their old part claiming it was the one we sold them. Well Being illiterate, spose you didn't notice the the letters and writing on the part You DID get from us which is on the car and this being your old one, clearly did not come from here.

One guy about September was original. Cleaned up the old part ( starter motor) Wrote the codes on it and brought it back for a refund claiming it didn't work. Got upset when Dad said Dunno where you got it but wasn't from here. Smart arse had his Recipt at the ready . I came round from the back after listening to what was going on, saw what they had and said Mate, I'll give you 10 Times your money back if you can find another part in this place with writing in black Texta on it. If you can't, I suggest you and your girlfriend here ( Mate) Fk off now you scamming little piece of shit before I get annoyed.
    They left with the typical threats and insults from a safe distance.
    Dads been buying yellow paint pens by the box forever.

There are some idiots in the general public out there but by god there are a lot more worse idiots with various mechanical repairers licences.

Dad was always not wanting problems. At his age I wouldn't either. He was FAR too soft with the dickheads and far too worried about someone putting out a bad word against him. I had a different outlook through experience in my own game. I was happy to go through these arse wipes like no tomorrow. About 3 years back, I cut his customers by about 15-20 %.
    Dickheads that nothing was ever right for and always whining . people that just took the piss. Couple of the worst offenders would ring and soon as they said who they were, Id' say sorry, nah don't have any and hang up. They would ring back going off their tits and I'd tell them, not Fking round with your BS anymore, nothing is ever right, you are always whinging, sick of you costing us money Fk off somewhere else . Was handy knowing there was no where else to go for 150KM one way and 300 k the other and both the alternatives charged like wounded bulls.

Business suffered not one bit from getting rid of these idiots, saved Dad a fortune and a lot of stress.
    Exactly the same as when I woke up and cleaned up my own client base years before.

Thanks

Oh Dear!

I think I hurt someone's Feelings!
    The seller of the 48W Lights doesn't want me as a customer any more!!

Sorry, the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you at this time.

• This may occur for various reasons. For example, the seller might have a limit for the amount of items that can be purchased within a given time.

I went to buy some more of those lights and they don't want to give.... errr, sell them to me any more. I wonder what could have possibly brought that on?

Are you allowed to have more than one ebay account? Either that or Just buy them on my daughters. They have a nice light bar they advertise at 240W but I'd bet has only 1w not 3w leds like everything else but 80W should be quite good in my greenhouse.

Either that or I might have to give some other little low life my " Business" but I was enjoying getting free stuff off these crooks.

Reminds me, haven't left Feedback yet.... ( Insert evil laugh with a neg rating and explanation the lights are 21w not 48. )

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

I was wondering if they could refuse to sell to someone, I guess that means they can.
    Maybe they're content to just keep scamming as many people as they can, but not sell to anyone who's woke up to their crap & cost them money.
    Maybe the 'buy it now' will work? But they might still refuse to sell to you I guess.

I've had no response since calling the broken light seller out on the wattage of their lights, after the initial ignorance then negative feedback they responded almost immediately to everything I sent, now all I get is crickets...

Premium Member
    Thanks

Are you allowed to have more than one ebay account?
    Absolutely -- see -->

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    I was wondering if they could refuse to sell to someone, I guess that means they can.
    Maybe they're content to just keep scamming as many people as they can, but not sell to anyone who's woke up to their crap & cost them money.
    Maybe the 'buy it now' will work? But they might still refuse to sell to you I guess.

I've had no response since calling the broken light seller out on the wattage of their lights, after the initial ignorance then negative feedback they responded almost immediately to everything I sent, now all I get is crickets...
    There is no need to guess or speculate ;

I was speaking with someone about this thread (not a forum member) ~ they made the valid observation of "What if these ebay sellers read the thread? Won't that tip them off?"

Best I can come up with, is a Jack O'Neill line .."And? So? Therefore?"...[Deadman Switch ep 3.07]

It doesn't matter if they do or not -- at the end of the day, what you are doing is enforcing ebay policies, nothing more, nothing less. When you enforce the policies to get a refund/return, that is your right --- likewise, if a seller comes here and reads this content, works out who you are (as a buyer) and subsequently blocks you, that is their right ... at the end of the day, what they are doing is enforcing ebay policies, nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, sellers who might end up reading this thread content, have no real idea how much chatter is going on with personal messages and the like .. >smile<... but that's not the point either. The point is, both buyers and sellers are playing on the same field, all playing by the same rules -- ebay policies. It is *not* a personal battle, it's a game you play by the rules, and if you don't read the rules (ebay policies) before participating in the game, you may as well run out onto a football pitch for a game of soccer, and start laying hands on the ball! Who would start playing a game, without knowing the rules? Think of a game of chess - both players know the rules -- who can play by those rules and win? That's how I see it.

A lot of these ebay store, especially O/S located entities, aren't actually individual sellers ; the seller obtains say 100pieces of an item for sale, and sells 10 of each item, on 10 ebay stores/seller names...each with a fractionally different price, sometimes as little as 5cents. For Chinese made goods, you really do have to figure in the probable MOQ (minimum order quantity) that the 'prime' seller has to buy .. I always presume an MOQ of 1000units.Going buy this premise, I can expect to see 100 sellers/stores, each one selling 10units of the same item ; is that what I find on ebay? Yes. =) Even if you wanted to spool individuals into the fray, of those 100 sellers/stores, there maybe be anywhere between 10 and 100 individuals, each trying to undercut each other by a few cents. Recall those ebay 'kits' I mentioned earlier? One buys these kits, with the store pre-stocked ..think of anything like amway, avon, tupperware....others... where you buy boxes of product to onseller to individuals ...it's sort of the same thing. A lot of it is automated however, and these hapless people think they're making a go of it (in life), by purchasing one of these kits, and have no idea they're up against a bunch of bots ..it is bizarre!

I'm not sure how good their tracking software is these days, but if you want to really check it, you can have multiple ebay accounts, that's a given ...but you can only have 2 paypal accounts, each one assigned to a different debit/credit card account. I haven't found any use for that birdy card yet, but, I know what to do if I wish to check out whether my payment method/name was being tracked.

Jma (05-04-20)

• Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast