Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with *some* Ebay sellers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I NEVER get another item sent because Every single time I have, it does not.
    I think this is a tactic to stretch out the time you can leave bad feedback and do anything about it. I'm going through that atm. A Digital PWM I bought in feb was DOA. Seller seemed reasonable at first ( should have been awake up to that crock) and said we have already put another in the mail to you. I said don't bother want a refund. No, already sent another. @ months later I say this isn't going to turn Up ( Because the fkers never sent it) I want a refund. Comes back can you wait another 8 Days? I 'm thinking 8 days must be wehn the Clock expires. I'm awake up this time. Insisted on refund. Days later they respond it will be there in 24 hours. Over 48 hours and nothing.

Just sent them an email saying stop stalling, you have 12 Hours or I'll go straight to ebay and they can refund it for you given you have already agreed.
    Complete and utter cesspit.

I have also noticed prices across the board have gone ape shit.
    Looking at little Multimeters I was buying 6 weeks ago for $8 delivered are now $16. I know the dollar has dropped but it hasn't halved. Found many other thing like this as well, knives for one thing I have been looking at have also jumped to what I was buying them before. Bought a few to check them out, for once were decent so I went to order a few more and the same exact things have skyrocketed.

Went to buy some other buck/ boost boards. usualy keep a few in stock and have used some so wanted to top up. Same thing, jumped from $8 to 14 almost over night. Linear actuators, same.

And like you saw, the whole delivery time has become a crock. They just put anything and make excuses little pricks. The whole platform is becoming such a shitfight it's becoming unusable.

Not a good time to be buying anything particularly from scambay.
    Least that new tractor I will probably go get next week IS in stock at the dealers and it comes from Japan not Chinaaah.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

...m'kay. that was interesting at a couple of levels. Firstly, seems ebay has revamped the chat portal somewhat - there's more filtering AI involved with beginning a chat and getting it assigned to an agent...hint is click on 'more' options or whatever, and down at the very bottom of the list there's a 'talk to agent' clicky...the AI's fairly well done as well I might add...as far as those things go. Here's the core focus of the chat;

EB: Can you tell me which item are you referring to so that I can further check on this?
    Me: Yes, the DPS-5015 module I purchased recently
    EB: This one DP50V15A DPS5015 Programmable Supply Power Module Integrated Voltmeter Ampmeter?
    Me: Yes, that's the order
    EB: I can see here that there was an Item Not Received request for this item but was closed. Did you receive this one already?
    Me: That is my point -- *today* I received what I believe is the first item sent, but clearly it's come from China, and I've been inconvenienced by weeks because of this bad item description
    EB: In this case, you can open a return request since the item was not as advertised with it being coming from China instead of within Australia. Do you still have the packaging where it's showing that the item came from overseas?
    Me: Of course =)
    EB: Please use this link to open the return request and add the photos of the packaging as further proof. The seller will then be given 3 business days to provide you with a resolution. In case the seller will not be able to do so, you can ask eBay to step in and help as early as on the 10th of June.
    The link given, was just the request a refund link from the 'my purchases' item listing. Of course, I won't use that link (yet), because ebay guidelines&policies say (as does AU consumer law), I should contact the seller first. What I have been given here, is the details of what's required to substantiate the claim, to ebay's satisfaction ; all I have to do is present the same details to the seller, so they know if ebay does get involved, it's a no brainer, ebay will rule in my favour, and the seller gets a frowny-face sticker next to their name on the ebay database ouija board.

There is, however, a wrinkle...I've mentioned it above -- the drop-sellerhipper's backdoor ; the seller, no doubt living in Melbourne, can act as a returns agent for who-so-ever sent the item from China, and if I go after a full refund, which is a gimme here, on an item with a sale price of $99, weighing less than 500grams, they'd gladly cough up the full refund, pay for return postage to Melb, and been seen by ebay as doing the 'right thing' by the buyer. That's how it works.

So ultimately, what you're bargaining on, is a demonstrable cost of inconvenience .. and how much the seller wants to avoid getting that frowny-face sticker. Now...to do that, means I'll rope in Banggood on the same item -- in *that* case, I might be better to use the link the ebay agent told me to use, because playing one platform off against another, is often a good ploy. Plus you get the 3day fuse to resolution...yeah, let's go ebay's way on this one.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Not bad, not bad at all... took 22minutes, partial refund as requested back in paypal.

An easy 35% discount, and they've avoided the frowny-face sticker. I can't really claim a one-shot, coz I backed myself with ebay chat pixie dust...but still, the difference between typing China, or Australia, is 4chars, so that little 'typo' cost them nearly AU$9/char.

Not a word of a lie in anything I said, I hasten to add - Banggood did indeed have DPS-50V15 on a 30% off special at the time of purchase ; now, I see that's gone to 45% off, so I can putty-up another $25 to this $35 refund, and grab another DPS-50V15 from Banggood ; nice =)

Now I have to contemplate what feedback they get on this ; they just lost a couple of communication points by providing the refund, but no message response....lemme see here...clickity click...

Next, the amp/volt meter replacement has arrived as well today...but from AU =) This model, also has a watt meter + accumulative watt/hour measurement, which is a nice feature for battery charging ... if it works - back to the workbench.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (05-06-20)

Thanks

At least EBay have a say and you can give a seller a rating. My experience is a facebook scam currently going around.
    2 months ago I stupidly purchased a dash cam through a facebook link using paypal. $80.00, Given a tracking number.

Seller trick #1. After contacting seller 2 weeks later to query what was going on as parcel had not left I then had to send copy's of the invoice to prove it was paid. I should have realised why would you send me a tracking number on something that was not paid? It then took 4 weeks to arrive and what did turn up was nothing like advertised. a $5.00 toy.

Seller trick #2. I Opened paypal dispute and got email from supplier telling me to close the dispute and negotiate a solution and if still not happy I can re open dispute. Buy this stage I was aware that once you close a dispute you cannot re open it.

Seller trick #3. Despite my invoice having a picture of what I bought on it, they still claimed it was not advertised like that. another email afterwards blamed their advertising department. Next email blamed myself. Next email accused me of doctoring the original invoice.

Seller trick #4. Evey contact made is replied to by a different person on different email. some like, amy_66666666666@hotm..

Seller trick #5. Check out this below email from them.
    Thank you for your feedback, sorry to bring you a bad shopping experience, maybe the product is not as satisfactory as you think, but we still want to make you satisfied
    As we all know, advertising has a certain role in publicity. As businessmen, we use advertising to attract customers while also ensuring product quality. According to your description, our products have no quality problems.
    We provide you with the following solutions:
    1. We will provide 15% compensation for your order. Even if we lose money, we still want to please you. (Honey, I think this plan is the most friendly to you)
    2. If you want to refund, according to the logistics policy, the freight will be borne by the buyer. You need to pay a shipping fee of more than $ 20 to return the product to us, which is not cost-effective. After the return, we will refund your fee after receiving the package and check it, but it does not include the original shipping cost. (Long transportation time, I hope you will seriously consider it

I kept the claim open, Pay pal have told me to send it back for a full refund. I mailed it on the 3rd June so interesting how long it takes to get there. I am expecting them to claim the return parcel was empty but the nice guy at Australia post allowed me to video the item being placed in the bag and him accepting it. I've decided to ride this one to the end regardless of the time it takes because every minute it inconveniences me is a minute it inconveniences them. These companies play on you giving up and walking away due to how hard it is to fight them. It is easier to dispute with Ebay than with Paypal.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to statesmanjeff For This Useful Post:

george65 (05-06-20),lsemmens (14-06-20),wotnot (05-06-20)

Thanks

More EBAY scamming!
    Spose I must be a bigger sucker than I realised as well as ebay being a far bigger scam and aiding and abetting it's scammer sellers more than I ever Imagined.

Bought a spotlight which of course turned out to be completely over rated. Requested refund, sellers were a bunch of smart arse turds trying to insult my intelligence and would only refund after I removed neg feedback. I said refund first to which they refused so I opened a return case. They again offered to refund after I removed feedback which I had no confidence in.

Didn't return Item because I am up here looking after my father and time elapsed during " Negotiations" so ebay closed the case at sellers request because item hasn't been returned.
    Fair enough but when I check, my neg feedback and several others they had has now disappeared! What the goddam Fk !
    Fleabag pester you to leave feedback and make such a big deal of their buyer protection but the pricks are completely complacent in aiding and abetting their crooked scamming sellers.
    Its a complete fking joke!

My feedback was accurate, didn't breach ebay guidelines, I sent pics showing the light was about 3.5% of stated output and it gets removed. WHY?

I have sent an appeal to the case being closed and explained the situation and said I would not be a party to the sellers coercion and reverse neg feedback under duress. I protested the accurate neg feedback being removed and asked why this had occurred when I had not given any permission for it and did not agree with it.
    I requested a full refund and a reinstatement of the feedback. Doubt I'll get either out of the corrupt bastards.

I know Don you admire fleabag and say I don't get it and you are right. They are no better than Nigerian scammers and closer to organised Crime.
    OK, I didn't return the items but why the Fk is the feedback removed and how did that happen?

Whole damn site is a complete and utter sham and con job.
    They certainly suckered me into thinking they had some semblance of integrity .

Premium Member
    Thanks

Bought a spotlight which of course turned out to be completely over rated. Requested refund, sellers were a bunch of smart arse turds trying to insult my intelligence and would only refund after I removed neg feedback. I said refund first to which they refused so I opened a return case. They again offered to refund after I removed feedback which I had no confidence in.

Didn't return Item because I am up here looking after my father and time elapsed during " Negotiations" so ebay closed the case at sellers request because item hasn't been returned.
    Fair enough but when I check, my neg feedback and several others they had has now disappeared! What the goddam Fk !
    Fleabag pester you to leave feedback and make such a big deal of their buyer protection but the pricks are completely complacent in aiding and abetting their crooked scamming sellers.
    Its a complete fking joke!

My feedback was accurate, didn't breach ebay guidelines, I sent pics showing the light was about 3.5% of stated output and it gets removed. WHY?

Ahh, a very common mistake made here ~ you've failed to construe what feedback is...and in the process, you've transgressed guidelines & policies as set forth by ebay. And ebay have enacted a degree of moderation, against you (and others it seems) in result.

This is exactly how I expect ebay to react, given the purchase record outlaid above....and yes, I would admire them for their consistency in this regard -- hint: if ebay weren't this consistent & predictable, I'd be sunk...I'd lose my yearly ebay bad seller earner =)

To explain -- your feedback rating is about the entire transaction . That is to say, the transaction from the moment you buy the item, to when you receive the item, through the discovery of the item being not as described, including the willingness of the seller to resolve that issue to your satisfaction, and finalizing with how long it took the seller to provide recompense.

THEN you leave your feedback, not ever before, unless you're totally satisfied with the purchase. If you leave feedback before the transaction process is complete (or has even begun in the case of making a claim), you've basically screwed yourself. The closest analogy I can come to with this, is likening it to playing a board game, and you go to move one of your playing pieces -- if you keep touch of the piece, you can reneg the move and replace the piece to the original position --- however, if you move the piece and remove your hand/touch, the move counts and cannot be renegged. Anyone who's played chess or draughts would be well aware of this rule of gameplay.

I never ever leave feedback until point of transaction completion. Sometimes (and often) that happens at the OOTB moment (out of the box, you receive the item and everything is hunkydory). Other times, largely depending on item type, it might be 2 ~ 4 weeks before I get around to leaving feedback, just because I want to test the item for as long as I can, to prove reliability or whatever, and once I'm happy the item is ok, -then- I leave feedback.

Contrary to what you write here, Ebay *never* pester you to leave feedback -- sellers do. How do I know this?...simple - ebay guidelines & policy ...specifically one sentence, it reads "Remember though, leaving Feedback is completely voluntary." That's in black & white, and has always been part of ... the feedback system is an 'opportunity' for buyers & sellers to leave an honest comment about the transaction -- it has never been mandatory nor obligatory to leave feedback.
    It's akin to the 'Thanks' button in this forum software -- it's entirely optional whether you thank a fellow member for a post or not, that simple.

However...if you choose to leave feedback, that is governed by guidelines&policies, and the one thing I know ebay do jump on (buyers & sellers alike), is if ebay members transgress this stipulation - 'Buyers can't use the threat of negative (or promise of positive) Feedback to get a seller to provide goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price'. There is of course a very similar clause for sellers.

So how does that apply here?...you are seeking partial/full refund whatever - that is 'goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price' ..ok? Now...even though feedback should not have been given by either party at this point in the transaction (your mistake =), when you wrote 'I said refund first' [before you removed the negative feedback you'd already given], that is construed as 'Buyers can't use the threat of negative (or promise of positive) Feedback to get a seller to provide' ...simple as that.

For a bit of devil's advocate, the seller was correct here -- the negative feedback should not have been left at that point in the transaction, because the seller was involved with/prepared to resolve the issue -- in the ebay 'backroom', this leaving of 'early' negative feedback, would be seen as precluding any opportunity for the seller, to amicably resolve the issue...as typically it's very hard to change your feedback...-however-...it's easy for sellers to get 'erroneous' feedback removed, which is what you've done here. Why?.. this is why... you left negative feedback before the transaction was completed, that simple, and you held them to ransom with it to try obtain what you were after -- I'd drop whatever ebay userID you're using, and spawn another ; you perhaps earned a black tick on this account in this result.

I never, ever leave negative feedback...regardless of how unscrupulous the seller is, or how misleading their descriptions. I always leave positive feedback, as due to the ebay guidelines&policies, in every ebay transaction over the past decade, I've been able to obtain a 'positive' buying/transaction experience, be that in the form of a partial refund, no returns ; full refund, no returns, or plain old out&out good purchases, that were cheaper to buy off ebay than not ..ie; ali or BG had higher prices for same than ebay.

Positive feedback also sticks like CA & gorilla grip mixed together ; after all, why would a seller request positive feedback be removed? The ebay gestapo are on to this as well...they call it 'feedback manipulation' ...but like, ebay themselves ware you of what their feedback system is like, and how it's governed...'While Feedback is intended as an open forum' ...get it? Read the words...it's a *forum*, and all forums are subject to moderation -- they basically deleted your feedback 'coz it was 'off topic'. How so?...tersely, feedback is not just about the item, and you tried to make it that..but like I say, it more than likely got pulled for being non-sequitur relative to transaction progression.

Feedback for me, is inconsequential ..it never plays any part in my negotiations/purchases, I view it more as a 'courtesy' only. Nor do I go out of my way to express what, if any, problem there was with a purchase down to specifics of detail. Sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet like with the 'no faking worries' image and unleash Davros' legacy, but like I say...it's all a game, and I don't like making it too easy for other players...so I leave positive feedback with 'clues'...and it all stays put.

Item in China not Australia - seller provided partial refund for inconvenience [DPS module as above here, I never quote refund %]
    Item tested faulty, but money cheerfully refunded -- good eBay seller [bad amp/volt meter, earned brownie points for fast, full refund, no returns]
    Small issue with item, however seller cheerfully resolved issue - A+++ seller =) [<- seller who offered testing job]
    Item not as described, but seller quickly resolved the problem... A+ seller! [seller who participated in the 'one-shot']

Ebay will never find reason to remove those positive feedback entries, and a lot of the time part of my motivation here is, I well might circle back on these same sellers in 6-12months time or whatever, and do the do again on them (because they have still failed to update their item description, which I always advise them to do =) I dunno what they think about that really, but what *I'm* saying to them is "Fix it, or I'll do it again"...and they don't, and they get hit again. And ebay guidelines&policies, of which I have such a kind understanding of, allow it to be so.

Considering I'm now out to 20 or so of the '48W' lights/month, which is an extra $150-$200/month earner for me, and it's only possible because of sellers -not- adhering to ebay guidelines&policies, do I 'admire' ebay? Let me tell you, I'll admire *any* person, system, or enterprise that can yield me these kind of guaranteed returns, for next to no effort on my part

lsemmens (14-06-20)

Thanks

VERY much to my surprise, fleabag has reversed their Decision and given me a full refund. No reason or explanation given, just a notification the decision was reversed. The neg feedback has not been reinstated.
    This one was very hard won but got there in the end. It does not change that the real policy of fleabay is to let sellers get away with whatever shiiifluckery they want and won't do a thing until something is complained about..... Maybe.

How many lights are they now aware of and have multiple pieces of proof they are dodgy but refuse to do anything even when there is no doubt of the evidence provided from multiple people. It's a giant deception where they d just enough to cover their own arses and those that aren't savvy to the intricacies of their rigged policy's get shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post

If you leave feedback before the transaction process is complete (or has even begun in the case of making a claim), you've basically screwed yourself.
    I have to disagree with this. I have hit brick walls in negotiations with sellers 4 times in the last couple of months. When I have left bad feedback, it has prompted them to give an Immediate refund twice in the case of our favorite 48W Lightman seller and with another 2 as well including this one.
    Yes, at least 2 I can recall have been ignored but none the less, I'm well ahead with leaving bad feedback when negotiations have hit a brick wall.

'Buyers can't use the threat of negative (or promise of positive) Feedback to get a seller to provide goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price'. There is of course a very similar clause for sellers.

when you wrote 'I said refund first' [before you removed the negative feedback you'd already given], that is construed as 'Buyers can't use the threat of negative (or promise of positive) Feedback to get a seller to provide' ...simple as that.
    I have been careful since you pointed this out not to make any such threats and I expected that the same applied to the sellers which was why I lent on it several times in my appeal.
    I disagree that asking them to refund first could be construed as a threat. They had already made the offer to refund If I removed the feedback so I was merely negotiating on the order of which their offer would take place. Ebay apparently did not have a problem with it.

For a bit of devil's advocate, the seller was correct here -- the negative feedback should not have been left at that point in the transaction, because the seller was involved with/prepared to resolve the issue --
    In this case negotiation had come to a stand still. I wasn't going to change the feedback until I got a refund because I was concerned with the bad will they had shown. I strait up told them this and several times was given BS excuses why they couldn't do it. I had already left the neg feedback 2 weeks before and had not messaged them in that time when they came back to me to change the feedback.

I also have a problem with the idea that feedback cannot be left till the transaction is concluded. I can leave POS feedback pretty much as soon as I pay for an item. If one thing shits me to tears it is the bullshit idea that you can say something complimentary but not supposed to tell the truth is something is less than complimentary and that is a basic principal not just with fleabag. I would argue this with fleabay that if it's acceptable one way, it is acceptable the other.

I never, ever leave negative feedback...regardless of how unscrupulous the seller is, or how misleading their descriptions. I always leave positive feedback, as due to the ebay guidelines&policies, in every ebay transaction over the past decade, I've been able to obtain a 'positive' buying/transaction experience, be that in the form of a partial refund, no returns ; full refund, no returns, or plain old out&out good purchases, that were cheaper to buy off ebay than not ..ie; ali or BG had higher prices for same than ebay.
    My experience has been Very different. It is accurate if not co-incidental to say that since I have left more neg feedback I have had better results in getting refunds from not as describe cases. I would also have to say that doing unpacking vids and Pictures of testing seems to have had Bloody little effect. This was a case in point. Seller didn't give a fk basicaly and neither did fleabag. I believe my experience with pics / vids is no better than when I didn't bother with them. That said I will still do them but so far, they have not been the case winner I hoped for nor had the effect I believed they would.

..so I leave positive feedback with 'clues'...and it all stays put.
    This is what I was going to do with this seller but was not confident a positive rating with the neg/ warning text would be satisfactory and get me the refund they offered.

I think we have very different techniques here. You tend to kill them with kindness and play things to the letter of the law and then some. That has not been successful for me. Being as strong and firm as I can without breaching any rules, leaving neg Feedback and coming on in a dissatisfied and clear position of being pissed off ( again within the rules) has got far better and faster results.
    Maybe it is a reflection of natural personality? I have been told I am scarily calm and professional when pissed off and it's the threats I don't make that put the wind up people. You tend to be exceedingly patient, clever and perceptive. I have tried hard to follow that position because I see the benefit in it but it's just not effective for me.
    I was pretty direct and made it clear in an acceptable manner that I was completely pissed off with this and the outcome was unacceptable and spelt it out in black and white what I wanted.

So far I have received full refunds on Everything and not had to send anything back. Big test coming when I get back home and complain about the lamp posts. Even got the solar charger over the line in the end and that lot were just complete scamming pricks that stonewalled and outright lied.

Again, as before, the very direct and hard hitting approach has worked for me and gained the outcome I wanted.

Premium Member
    Thanks

VERY much to my surprise, fleabag has reversed their Decision and given me a full refund. No reason or explanation given, just a notification the decision was reversed.
    In other words, a human being looked at it, and concluded the seller did more wrong than yourself, over the entirety of the transaction process. Myself not being privy to the contact flow, I wouldn't be able to guess what they found, but I'd surely suspect that multiple negative feedback removal requests from a seller, sets off some flags that warrant 'investigation'. When ebay do this, they don't just look at the one transaction but many from the preceding month(s), and if they discern a pattern of conduct (that is deemed outside the auspices of ebay guideline&policies), they'll jump on it.

The neg feedback has not been reinstated.
    Mjah, that's right ; technically the ebay reversal 'reset' the transaction process back to a point >before< you left the negative feedback, by providing you what you claimed for in the beginning, in which case it's probable you may *not* have left negative feedback, if the seller had been more cooperative in the resolution process.

Ebay only make money on sales, and proffer their platform as a place sellers can sell ~ negative feedback does not bolster sales, regardless of the ethics of the seller -- all ebay are after is *sales* ; like I say, there's a game within the game =)

This one was very hard won but got there in the end. It does not change that the real policy of fleabay is to let sellers get away with whatever shiiifluckery they want and won't do a thing until something is complained about..... Maybe.
    Actually, ebay got you there in the end really B^)

How many lights are they now aware of and have multiple pieces of proof they are dodgy but refuse to do anything even when there is no doubt of the evidence provided from multiple people. It's a giant deception where they d just enough to cover their own arses and those that aren't savvy to the intricacies of their rigged policy's get shafted.
    Ebay policies are governed by AU consumer law ; there is very little difference between regarding ebay guidelines&policies, and Australian consumers laws & rights...very, very little different. To a large degree, the only real and tangible difference, -is- ebay acting as a middle-man of sorts, and providing the money back 'buyer protection plan' gratis. Try buying from a non-ebay online store and get shafted, and see what it takes to seek recompense in that situation with *only* AU consumer law on your side.

They know all about the lights ; doesn't matter - all they are after is sales.

That vidaXL light mob really played their hand well ~ I tip my hat. They're still culpable to the buggery ; they still make ebay a lot of sales at the same time ; don't expect ebay to do anything. I reckon they divined their partial refund offer, based on the cost of of replacing the E27 lamp holders with AU certified ones...and I can indeed source these at about the $5/holder mark. Still, you shouldn't have to do that, and ebay shouldn't be allowing the seller to list the items on their platform...and the only party that can hold both accountable, is the ACCC.

Even so, ebay will get off scott-free, and they will tend to side with the seller, because they make ebay so much money (and paypal. CC companies, etc etc) because of all their sales - one image sums the situation up;

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

This recent saga is a bit like; That area of town(eBay) is full of shonky sellers. The office of fair trading(eBay's agents) can only act on the traders but cannot force them to change their ways. If they force shonky1 to close down, shonky2&3 spring up to replace him. Sorta like "wack a mole". The only real difference is, in eBay you can set up shop a lot easier than you can IRL.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

george65 (15-06-20),wotnot (15-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    This recent saga is a bit like; That area of town(eBay) is full of shonky sellers. The office of fair trading(eBay's agents) can only act on the traders but cannot force them to change their ways. If they force shonky1 to close down, shonky2&3 spring up to replace him. Sorta like "wack a mole". The only real difference is, in eBay you can set up shop a lot easier than you can IRL.
    Sort of, but you need to be mindful of the difference (in legal parlance) between a 'seller' and a 'trader' ... that is to say, a trader can be both buyer&seller ; ebay tends to delimit the two =) In e-commerce, it would be reasonable to describe ebay as the trader.

The 'wack a mole' effect is real enough, but I hasten to point out that's evident IRL as well ~ in this forum alone there's enough words written about, for instance, dipshit solar power suppliers etc, who rip people off, then the company folds to avoid trouble, and reopens under another name to sell/ripoff again, and many of these entities seem to get away with this sort of thing for decades...yes? Ebay have merely built a business upon a pre-existing, flawed, toothless sets of (locale specific) consumer laws, and found a place to peddle something -- the ebay buyer protection policy. Such as it is, ebay would crash&burn without it ~ buyers wouldn't keeping coming back without it (because...) ebay will let any ebay member to become a seller, and just like it is in real life, some people are arseholes ; it's a constant caveat of the human condition if you ask me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    The office of fair trading(eBay's agents) can only act on the traders but cannot force them to change their ways. If they force shonky1 to close down, shonky2&3 spring up to replace him. Sorta like "wack a mole".

for instance, dipshit solar power suppliers etc, who rip people off, then the company folds to avoid trouble, and reopens under another name to sell/ripoff again, and many of these entities seem to get away with this sort of thing for decades..
    You both make very good and sensible points about this.
    I guess the whole world is corrupt now and I'm the fool for expecting people to be honest and hold the same morals I would. One of the reasons my Daughter calls me a Dinosaur. :0(

I got a further message about the case, seems I was wrong, Only got a partial refund. Purchase price was $45 so I'm not complaining.

We can see that the seller promised a partial refund of $35 but did not issue. Due to this, we grant your appeal with a partial refund.
    The Vida one is next. I'll be very happy if I can get that over the line, otherwise will just send them back.
    I still think there should be some sort of limit as to how many negs a seller can get in a certain time, but as Don says, Ebay makes money off them and that's what counts.

Premium Member
    Thanks

The latest guidelines & policy updates;

For “Significantly Not as Described” claims under our Seller Protection Policy, sellers may not receive the item back, or may be required to accept the item back and pay for the return shipping costs.
    &&

Items intended for resale, including single item transactions or transactions that include multiple items, are not eligible for reimbursement under our Buyer Protection Policy.

To be eligible for our Buyer Protection Policy, buyer must attempt to contact the seller to resolve their issue directly prior to filing a claim with PayPal.

Ha!...I've been doing the last one for over 6years...now it's policy, nice.

The first change is self-explanatory, but that 'items intended for resale' line is a tab obscure ~ I might have to hit-up ebay chat tomorrow for some clarification, as it's quite obvious I'm not likely buying those '48w' lights for myself....or at least, after getting 40 of the things, you'd think I'd have enough for personal use =) I don't *think* that's what they're on about, it's perhaps a seller2seller thing, but as I can think of a few scenarios, it's probably prudent to ask a question or two.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'd suggest that "offering for re-sale" is to cover them if buyer a buys 1000 units without checking suitability and then tries to sell them as the same unit to buyer b who then claims item not suitable for purpose. I'd think that buyer a should have purchased one or two items first and tested "fit for purpose" before re-selling said items.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

wotnot (28-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Geez, I hope they only pop this image on ebay.au because elsewise what would this image say to the rest of the world?

I did this, because the special trial offer was up to $50 off the next order...

So I could buy these for a bit under a redback ->

I will of course be the arsehole and cancel my ebayplus membership in 3 weeks, and that is that ~ a free fifty bucks is hard to deny =)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

So how much was the girl in the first photo?

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

wotnot (04-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    So how much was the girl in the first photo?
    Dunno but she sure needs her face waxed and a trip to the hairdressers wouldn't go astray either!
    Probably went pretty cheap in that sort of condition but cleaned up a bit would probably be able to be sold for a reasonable profit.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Okay.... found a new low point on 48W lights....as in 13W....and the seller is as dumb as a brick.

Got onto ebay chat....ohh!...they've changed the chat portal and forked it off to another URL.... dammit janet, quick rush to disable Ublock so I can receive the chat...now fullpage, not embedded....interesting revamp.

This time seller is in Regents Park, and that suburb in Sydney has been mentioned before in this thread....so time for a little online reccy...

Definitely some struggling ma&pa business trying to make a few extra quid..... yeah, sure, right.... NOT =)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Well that was just weird ~ when I originally contacted the seller, they didn't actually reply to my message ; instead I got that usual gratuitous 'thank you from buying from us' message one sometimes get at purchase time.

Then when I got ebay involved via the chat portal. no further contact from the seller, nada, nothing. SO let ebay know about that, and I get a full refund of purchase price, and a return shipping label (generated by ebay, not the seller)

Maybe it's covid19 related, but it's a first for me...in a decade...wherein the seller simply did absolutely nothing, damn weird. It sort of made me think...if the seller could see my ebay-plus status, they would know that means 'free returns', and if that were the case doing nothing would perhaps be a clever move -- you don't make a sale, buyer gets refund & goods are posted back to seller...without seller having to do everything. Makes me wonder if sellers get penalized somehow for this.

Speaking of ebay-plus, it's nigh on a month and time to make my mind up ; do I stick with ebay-plus for a year, or terminate membership having made my ostensibly free $50 for trying the service out?

Truth is, counting the free $50 off for trying ebay-plus, I'm actually about $95 ahead, because of the 5%, 10%, 15% ebay-plus discounts I've been able to avail myself of in the same time. Also, the 'fast&free' express delivery you get with ebay-plus has been convenient ; if I had to pay for that, I'd be closer to $120 saved... and you gotta like it when items get delivered in a quick & timely fashion, at no extra cost.

Logic sort of dictates that I'm well ahead, and that being the case, I might as well stick with ebay-plus for at least a year, to see exactly how more I can save over a 12month period, as I will save more $$$ if I do (and if I did my grocery shopping using Coles online, I would save even more)....I've a few days left to convince myself otherwise, but at this stage I might give ebay-plus a full 12month trial, because in practical terms it's going to cost me nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

I ordered a "1200Mbps Dual Band Wireless USB WiFi Network Adapter 2.4/5Ghz 802.11AC w/ Antenna" AND received a 300mbs 2.4Ghz 802.11g/b/n unit instead..

Contacted the seller with a very polite 'Please explain', 2 days have past with no reply.. almost time to get ebay involved. Not an expensive item under $20 delivered. Still I want what I ordered.

Last edited by Johnno; 11-08-20 at 05:19 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Scam and they know it.... the real crunchy banana, is the max possible wifi speed in mbps, is determined by the USB standard used;

No USB 3.1 gen 2, no 1200mbps =)

Johnno (11-08-20)

• Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast