Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: survived day one

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Default survived day one

well , I have survived day one , been on austech about five or six times , sorted out some rf connectors n type pl259 bnc sma smb 7/8 andrews din f type didnt realise I had so many . Got a lot of N type for ld4/50 heliax both male and female and 1 inch 75ohm round alloy got sick of the sight of them , so finished the rotator ( cde) so may be I can put up the six meter yagi etc .
    Now waiting for day two , shit I hope I get a job ! being home sucks too many people calling asking If Im all right ??? any one else going mad on day one ????

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

\o/

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Day 1?
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Too many Corona Parties ? Day 1 of ? coming out of the closet ? /Confused lol

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (26-03-20)

Banned

Thanks

Lock down !!!!!!!!!!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    Lock down !!!!!!!!!!
    We have been in voluntary lock down for over a week except 3 trips to some shops and loving it.
    So much to do, so many projects(hence the reason to go out 3 times to Bunnings) and sorting out the home schooling. My wife in the garden and cooking, we are eating fit for a king

I say bring it on for all Australians and stop whinging.
    I feel very sorry for those emergency workers who will still have to be out there, especially if we delay any longer.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 26-03-20 at 10:21 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (27-03-20)

Banned

Thanks

Day two sun shining no-one on the street dogs and cats free ranging on the road no kids making a noise ? level four has quietened things down , Domestic violence is on the rise more predominant on the police radio frequency , some think they have the powers of Hitler but thats normal for those of low intelligence . The walkers are still at it as well , been a big drop off of joggers tho . No call outs yet heres hoping for a little one I can stretch out for a few hours , being retired is great but not so in this environment . I think the job for today may be to sort out the duplexer cavities for the club 2mtr repeater and try to get them as good as possible ho hum time for morning cuppa
    Last edited by hinekadon; 27-03-20 at 07:56 AM. Reason: more

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

Johnno (27-03-20),Uncle Fester (27-03-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Only three trips to the hardware store yesterday. Had a water leak in the main feed to the house. Fortunately the gardener came, so I gave him the job of fixing it. The tee to the front tap had split along the seam. Main feed being HDPE and the front tap was fed via PVC. I'd moved the tap a couple of years back and, knowing the problem I had getting the line to it and meeting the existing tee (Rock just below the surface), I expected that one of the PVC joints had failed. Problem found, I went to get a new Tee, mistake #1 I checked the size of the nipple to the PVC and forgot the HDPE, so back to the Hardware store for the correct size only to find that there were two types of HDPE (I've never worked with the stuff). So, came home with two fittings, neither of which seemed to fit properly. One, which was "supposed" to be the right one would not do up, the other "incorrect" one did up fine, but now the pipe was too short to make the joint water tight. Back to Hardware again for a joiner to "Extend" the hose. Still, not long enough, How can adding 50mm to a line still not be long enough when it was all working before? Fortunately I had some HDPE left over from when the stuff was installed (I guess, because it was there when I bought the house) so cut off a length and added about 6 inches to the line. Hooray! NOW WE HAVE WATER again. Not that it was a big deal as most of the house is on rainwater anyway.

Next job - Many of the down lights in the kitchen were not working and I finally got some LEDs to replace the Halogens that were there, but half still did not work. Up into the roof to check the power supplies (all supposed to be 12V) none were putting out much more than 3V. Bugga!!! I didn't have spare power supplies for downlights, but I do have a heap of computer PSUs so off to adapt one of those. After a bit of Jigger pokery and soldering I now have a 12v PSU that will feed ALL the lights.

FYI Computer PSUs will not power up unless two conditions are met; switch (or short) pins 14&15 (power on) and a "load" between 3&4 (5v). Usually a 10W low value resistor (10 ohm), I didn't have one and the nearest parts store is 50Km awy, so I used an old cooling fan. Let it run on the bench for a couple of hours under full load to test. Now all I have to do is install it. I got my instructions from which creates a desktop PSU out of an old computer PSU.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Johnno (27-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Ohh stop it.. You are making most of us look bad.. I intend to do absolutely nothing .. lol, lay on the couch maybe watching AFL re-runs and a lot of sleep. lol

Then hope I have a job once I wake up..

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

SS Dave (27-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    We have been in voluntary lock down for over a week except 3 trips to some shops and loving it.
    So much to do, so many projects(hence the reason to go out 3 times to Bunnings)

I feel very sorry for those emergency workers who will still have to be out there, especially if we delay any longer.

For someone going on so much about wanting and complaining because there isn't a total Lockdown, you sure are piss poor at practising what you preach!

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Jma (27-03-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks

IT WERKS!!!!! I can see in the Kitchen now.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Guessing OP is in NZ which is stage 4 lock down. Or just being sarcastic.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Banned

Thanks

Day two !!!! three phone calls b4 7:30 "Are you alright " "yes thanks for the call Im ok " ok dont over work , we are relying on you so keep safe " yep all good bye for now "
    next call almost identical different voice , up outta bed usual activity's clothes on . Now what was I gunna do ? hmm cavitys mate calls problem with dish , worked out moved in wind so hes moved it back and alls ok there . Walk the dog he peed on every blade of grass between here and the street corner turn around and he peed on every blade of grass on the way back just in case he missed one on the way out . now wheres the bloody job ??? nothing ??? turn on police freq more domestics so Im not the only one stir crazy !!!! Im going to get a tee shirt printed ":I SURVIVED THREE DAYS OF LOCK DOWN " but theres no one to print them the guy next door wanted a hand to get his mobile home sat tv going so thats it for the day ,Bah might have to take up drinking ??? any suggestions ?

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    For someone going on so much about wanting and complaining because there isn't a total Lockdown, you sure are piss poor at practising what you preach!
    ...only because I went out three times to Bunnings in one week?
    That was all, not even Aldi.
    Think I am doing very well.
    I dread having to go maybe to Aldi on next Wednesday, trying to convince the missus that we go in the late afternoon, she won't get those seeds anyhow, will be sold out in 5 minutes.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    ...only because I went out three times to Bunnings in one week?
    Well what the hell does lockdown mean to you?

I didn't know Bunnings had groceries or fruit and veg, medical supplies or treatment or any other essential service or product that justifies going out but I guess it all depends on your perception. You complain about kids and teachers going to school and the risk to them but what about the poor bastards working at bunnings to look after what ever life and death reason you HAD to go there... 3 fking times... and the risk to them?

Pretty damn easy to see why this lockdown business isn't working!
    I don't think the "Do as I bitch and complain about but I'll do as I want" approach is going to be too successful either.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

we aren't in lockdown

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    we aren't in lockdown
    Yet

LSemmens
    Thanks

If we were in lockdown, Bunnings would be closed!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

shred (28-03-20),Tiny (29-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    If we were in lockdown, Bunnings would be closed!
    NOOOOooooooooooo..........................thats when we know that civilization has ended as we know it !!!

Banned

Thanks

Day three a change to the routine got a job ais antenna broken well thats something to keep the mind active ! diapol on 162 mhz ? two frequencys about there went to bunnings to get some plastic pipe and a couple of end caps after the hassle of trying to explain its a essential service for the marine shipping services to a thicko exdole bludger with less than ten bob in the pound he decided that it was to hard for him to understand so he gave it to me then I had to wait till they got the computer system up and running so they could charge me on account as they dont have efpos going ! And they cant log in thats the managers job and hes away . But they all had masks on and plastic gloves on hahaha took over an hour to get 1 meter of 50mm plastic waste pipe and two end caps . I wasnt allowed to go inside and the 2 meter rule was in full effect so they open the trade roller door and ask who are you ? then prove you are essential service show them your permit and so on they put the goods out side after you step back two meters so I asked them for a tape measure to measure the two meters , that wasnt considered "funny" but I got a giggle out of it back to the workshop and repaired the antenna decided to put it back up tomorrow just to stretch it out a bit . Then I get a call from a cops girlfriend saying can I have a little look at the riding for disabled 4wd bike as ti wont show the neutral light so the cant tow the trailer to pick up the shit from the horses, Not really my thing but she quite attractive so said ok went down and the battery was flat due to the loose connection on the start solenoid fixed that and it started great , so brownie points for Me there
    not a wasted day of lockdown

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast