Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: survived day one

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

LeroyPatrol
    we aren't in lockdown

Some here have been complaining that we aren't in lockdown already and complaining about the government for not doing it.
    Their idea of what a lockdown is seems to be quite different to the accepted meaning however.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    We have been in voluntary lock down for over a week except 3 trips to some shops and loving it.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Some here have been complaining that we aren't in lockdown already and complaining about the government for not doing it.
    Their idea of what a lockdown is seems to be quite different to the accepted meaning however.

So you know all about how a lock down works ...eh?

I certainly don't and the way your beloved Government is handling the current situation there is mostly confusion for many about the do's and don'ts and I keep seeing images of those people not bothering much about the don'ts.

My trips to Bunning's were a requirement for us to get through a possible lock down, which seems unlikely. ScoMo has 'banned' the use of the word 'lockdown'.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (29-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    So you know all about how a lock down works ...eh?
    Well the " stay at home" message and the term lockdown seems pretty fking clear to me.
    I don't take it as " Stay at home when I like and go out when it suits me" thats for sure. Although the Term Volountary lockdown may imply that it is exactly that , stay home when it suits me and go out when I feel like it.

I certainly don't
    Well that's abundantly clear and no one needs confirmation of that. You have well proved you don't know what it is other than predictable a virtue signalling term.

and the way your beloved Government is handling the current situation
    Oh, you are one of those " Not my Prime minister" types.
    Figures!

I take it in protest you won't be having any of that relief money " My " Prime minister is handing out either. Yeah, pigs arse you won't be out for all you can get of it.

there is mostly confusion for many about the do's and don'ts and I keep seeing images of those people not bothering much about the don'ts.
    No confusion at all. The message is quite clear to all even those that want to spin it to suit themselves. As for people not bothering much about the don't's, you have illustrated that point perfectly well!

My trips to Bunning's were a requirement for us to get through a possible lock down, which seems unlikely.
    So although you didn't think it would be needed because you have so little faith in the government, you went anyway.... 3 times..... and in doing so went against everything you have been carrying on and getting your lace panties in a Knot about by going against the very practices you have been preaching and calling for?

Yep, makes perfect sense to me. Prove them wrong by doing exactly what you volunteered not to do and have condemned the gubbermint for not putting into place.

Nothing hypocritical at all about that.

Much!

ScoMo has 'banned' the use of the word 'lockdown'.
    Oh Goody!
    Something else for the leftards to piss and moan about!

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (29-03-20)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

George 65 thanks for your comments but they are a pointed insult to another member which is a no-no and you have hi-jacked my thread for you own personal hates and opinions and are way of the subject matter . So can you please either not continue or forget that this thread exists as its for those who like to express their feelings re Lockdown surviving thank you don

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-03-20),freakee1 (29-03-20),lsemmens (30-03-20),Uncle Fester (29-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    forget that this thread exists as its for those who like to express their feelings re Lockdown surviving thank you don
    Which is exactly waht I was doing pointing out how some are Ignoring the message and not staying home or avoiding public contact at all. I personaly can't see how " surviving " staying at home is any big deal at all. Most people I know are actualy making the most of it using the time to unwind and relax. Hardly an imposition or hardship at all.

I will call out Hypocrisy, especially when it presents an element of danger, wherever and when ever I see it be that to your liking or not.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Which is exactly waht I was doing pointing out how some are Ignoring the message and not staying home or avoiding public contact at all. I personaly can't see how " surviving " staying at home is any big deal at all. Most people I know are actualy making the most of it using the time to unwind and relax. Hardly an imposition or hardship at all.

I will call out Hypocrisy, especially when it presents an element of danger, wherever and when ever I see it be that to your liking or not.
    You really have no clue don't you.
    A lock down does not mean you can't go out and get essential items.
    WE ALL HAVE TO EAT you mo&%n.
    Going to Bunnings last week WAS ESSENTIAL as it enabled me to be self sufficient in growing more vegetables, quicker and efficiently so I don't have to go out so often to get essential items in the coming months.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-03-20),dashinson (29-03-20),Godzilla (29-03-20),hinekadon (29-03-20)

Thanks

Oh look, just fresh on the news:

The PM says you must stay at home except for the following reasons:
    • shopping for what you need — "food and other essential supplies that enable you to remain at home and to do that shopping as infrequently as possible"
    Looks like I had thought ahead again. How am I a hypocrite?

hinekadon (29-03-20)

Banned

Thanks

Day four nothing absolutely nothing as far as work is concerned Got ais working again two bolts job done the police are chasing nutters out in the wild according to the radio coms wives getting beaten up has had a rise in activity two preachers standing in the middle of the road telling god how sorry they were ???? but a big change in numbers of car offences ,but who in their right mind would do shoplifting when there is only one person allowed in the shop , Heaps walking dogs looks like the dogs are getting the right end of the bone so to say so what does tomorrow bring they may have to lock me up to keep me from going mad , Hope i survive day five wow ?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

This lockdown is nothing different than i do every day anyway...

I have no idea why so many are crying
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

The tap in the laundry leaks about 2 drops per day.. it has been doing it for ages.. it has never been a problem till corona turned up.. bloody missus..lol no way is this going to last 14days.. lol

Thanks

.... the police are chasing nutters out in the wild according to the radio coms wives getting beaten up has had a rise in activity ....., Hope i survive day five wow ?
    You are lucky to still have open police coms. All encrypted here for ages, scanners useless these days.

But I found my old Sony Professional recording Walkman. Took it apart, love the way they used screws those days and boards that could fold up to access the mech, despite an insane rats nest of wires.
    Actually found the right size belt and now I am enjoying 80/90's hair bands that I taped from radio back then but never knew who they were but now guessing the song titles can discover the band names on Youtube.
    Sound on the cassettes is usually way better than the Youtube sound though, but still cool to watch and find more titles to DL.
    Fingers itching to grab an axe myself but I will wait after a couple more beers, no rush, no early mornings. I can't play when I am sober.
    So if I have to die, at least I am enjoying myself while I can.

hinekadon (30-03-20)

Banned

Thanks

There’s a lot of truth in these…..

* Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.

* I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

* I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

* Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

* PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

* Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

* I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone

* This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

* So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

* Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

* My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

* Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

* I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

* I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

* Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

* Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

* Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under!

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

well , I have survived day one , been on austech about five or six times , sorted out some rf connectors n type pl259 bnc sma smb 7/8 andrews din f type didnt realise I had so many . Got a lot of N type for ld4/50 heliax both male and female and 1 inch 75ohm round alloy got sick of the sight of them , so finished the rotator ( cde) so may be I can put up the six meter yagi etc .
    Now waiting for day two , shit I hope I get a job ! being home sucks too many people calling asking If Im all right ??? any one else going mad on day one ????
    SHI.T I though you have COVID-19?

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12