Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bible bashers

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Sad tale all too familiar ~ if there's any solace, rest assured I feel your pain. As far children go, what I find particularly cruel, is the way they walk door to door with their kids... teaching them to be just like their plot lost parents. Religion, of any form, should not be foist upon children in this fashion....there should be an age of consent in this regard...80years old would be a good starting point. I stick them in the same group as flat earthers, but slightly behind in levels of credibility..ie; at least we can all agree there IS an Earth.

Relative to the current situation ... words of it being the wrath of some almighty being, that's being's revenge on the wicked, etc blablah et al ...I've got that sorted...like this ;

"Well, this god of yours is particularly inept at biological weapons seeing as it's only targeting roughly 1% of the world's human population ... I'm pretty damn sure man's better at that skill ....but on the other had, you lot should be rejoicing because if this is your god's will, then that means 99% of the world's population must be 'good' due to the fact your god hasn't targeted them. Which is kind of interesting because at least 20% of the world's population doesn't believe in religion at all, and there's twice as many religious people on the planet who think your religion is wrong. Can you explain why your stance on this appears so wrong...regardless of belief?"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-04-20),VroomVroom (01-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Then a week before the wedding , the pastor approached me again at my home and told me that I would not be welcome inside their church because I was not one of them....
    I do not doubt that this occurred, it would be out of character for Hillsong to do that. I am not affiliated with them at all, but have many contacts in various Hillsong churches.

To all and sundry, I trust that I do not come across as a Bible basher, I do have a faith, and trust, in God.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    FWIW, the word is Divine, not devine!!!! Actually the "Bible Bashers" are always there. What I do find ironic is those who don't believe in God cry, "Oh God, why does this happen to me?" or use Jesus as an expletive and so forth. If God does not exist, why call upon Him or invoke his name when you are frustrated. There are many more perfectly adequate words and phrases to express your displeasure. Regardless of if there is a God or not, some people seem to require a crutch, some turn to God, others like cuddling a bottle and so on.
    A Lebanese friend of mine is Muslim but all the time he'd say"Oh my god" or I swear by god"
    Next time I'll ask him why he doesn't say Allah or Mohamed"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

To get rid of religion, an Extraterrestrial Space Craft will have to land on the White House lawn and ET walks out and ONLY then will the flock leave the shepherd.
    People would leave the Church in droves.

Unless they change their story and say ET is God.. lol
    Last edited by Johnno; 31-03-20 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    This is one of my favourite subjects
    Sounds like it should be something to make you scream!

I can't imagine what that would have been or is like for you. The thought of anything happening to ones kids is beyond bearable but to see some Nutters take your daughter away and not being able to make her see sense must have been unbearable. I certainly feel for you. It would be exactly like having a kid on Drugs that you couldn't reason with. I told my Daughters Boyfriend that if he did anything to hurt her, cause her to be hurt or do the wrong thing by her, he would disappear off the face of the earth. He didn't take it seriously but when he told her, She knew a Lot better. He didn't do anything to her like drive a wedge between us but I would do anything to protect her. If it meant I spend the rest of my worthless days in the can but it kept her safe, Fair deal. I woudn't complain nor hesitate to do what I could.
    Hell of a lot different when you are fighting an organised cult though with unlimited people to brain wash her, turn her against you and fill her head with bullshit.

IF I had my way all these groups would be outlawed and all their assets Siezed. To me they are worse that organised Crime although that's entierly what they are with mental Drug pushing thrown in.

One of the people I was talking about was from that hill song cult and luckily when I mentioned it to another friend, they went off the deep end and threatened to break my arms and legs if I went near them and Promised me he wasn't kidding. I know he meant it for my own good. Looking into them a bit later I saw why.
    I think if any group did that to my Kid I'm be killing some Fkers. That pastor IS lucky you let him live. Many wouldn't have and you were beyond within your right to loose your shit. I'm sure his words were very well Chosen but the insult could not have been greater with all the profanities in the world.

I hope one day your daughter sees that she has a loving father and comes to her senses. In the mean time there is no way to consul you for the pain you must be going through with this.
    I didn't talk to my father for 10 years at one stage. My choice, not his but I had my reasons and now we have become close again, I don't think I was wrong, In fact quite the opposite but suffice to say he made his decisions and I made mine. Circumstances do change though as do peoples minds and outlooks.

I really hope it works out for you mate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (01-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I hope one day your daughter sees that she has a loving father and comes to her senses.
    Took 12years in my case ~ reconciliation only came after daughter's mother died of drug overdose : suddenly and only then did daughter realize she'd been taken for a hypocritical ride into nonsense.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (01-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Oh man, Really feel you bro.... I have 2 Kids with my first wife, both grownup and in relationships now.
    Son's ok, but daughter has being brainwashed by her mother (Reiki Healing Chakra) and it's been 14 yrs with very little communications.

Shit happens hey.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I once (drunk) tried to (almost physically) force some poor Jehovahs Witnesses to turn a chop bone in to a woman. I figured if God could turn one of Adam's ribs in to Eve, then these people were sure to be able to at least produce a "beer googles beautiful" woman out of a chop bone.

I am pretty sure I was also involved with kidnapping some other door knockers that we tried to get pissed and stoned, but we had to let them go after about 3 hours as one was crying. Not sure who they were.

Things were less complicated in the 80's and 90's.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (01-04-20),hinekadon (07-04-20),Uncle Fester (31-03-20),wotnot (31-03-20)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I do not doubt that this occurred, it would be out of character for Hillsong to do that. I am not affiliated with them at all, but have many contacts in various Hillsong churches.

To all and sundry, I trust that I do not come across as a Bible basher, I do have a faith, and trust, in God.
    No problem with that mate, each to their own and you have never started a conversation on religion that I can remember since you have been here.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (01-04-20),Tiny (31-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Things were less complicated in the 80's and 90's.
    ...and the 70's. We used to wait for them to chain their pushbikes to some post, and watch them walk away on their sales route ~ we would then totally disassemble said pushbikes right down to little piles of ball-bearings, and leave it all there for them to put back together.
    Last edited by wotnot; 31-03-20 at 08:12 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

george65 (31-03-20),Godzilla (01-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    No problem with that mate, each to their own and you have never started a conversation on religion that I can remember since you have been here.
    And that's the key.

If you want to believe, that's fine.
    I have NO problem with the principals of religion in the 10 Commandments. All just basic decency to me. They problem occurs when people try to ram it down your throat and force you to their way of thinking.

No one would even know of Jehova's witnesses if it wasn't for their cult status of pissing people off coming to their homes. Perfect example. Not happy to do their own thing, their entire focus seems hell bent on recruiting more people what ever it takes. All comes back to money far as I'm concerned.

I don't know of anyone that goes round telling everyone religion is a crock of shit out of the blue but I have come across LOADS that want to bring it up and indoctrinate people as soon as they become a little familiar with them. there was a guy that came into my fathers Business that ALWAYS had to turn the conversation to religion and hand out these cards with pictures on verses on them. Hell bent on ramming it down peoples throats despite being told flat out don't talk about it here.

To me it's do what you want and I'll leave you in peace to do it as long as it does not impact me and please give me the same courtesy. So many of the faithful just aren't content with that.

The problem is so many aren't happy with that and want to ram it down your throat and try and convert you no matter how many times and how politely you try to tell them you are not interested thanks.

The other one I have seen first hand MANY times are real Crunts that are low down mean bastards all week but then because they go to church for an hour on Sunday, think all their wrong doings are absolved and their shit don't stink. They are the furthest people from being kind, charitable, helping others or anything else I understand about religious principals. NOT saying all faithful people are like that but SOME definitely are!

Like I say, don't care what people want to do as long as they keep it to themselves and don't bother ME with it.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Like I say, don't care what people want to do as long as they keep it to themselves and don't bother ME with it

Exactly the same credo I conduct my own life by & taught my children ; I so wish more were of like mind.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    ...Genesis before or after Peter Gabriel?...or both? =)
    I wasn't really bothered who sang and initially hardly noticed when Peter Gabriel left.
    I was attracted to their instrumental experimental sounds all through the 1970's.
    They lost it when they went pop in the 80's.

...back to gee'sus

Taxing religion is done in other countries, never understood why not here.
    In Germany you had to apply to "step out of the church" so you can save tax.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 31-03-20 at 10:55 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (08-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post

Exactly the same credo I conduct my own life by & taught my children ; I so wish more were of like mind.
    If there is one thing I can't stand it's a busy body and a snitch.

Neighbours across the road are god botherers.
    When we moved in here they couldn't get across fast enough to say hello which was nice and then start telling us all about where their church was and they would love to introduce us etc. The second we declined and politely made it clear we were not faithful, they weren't interested in knowing us. Since then as the next door neighbours warned us about, they have put us in for a few minor things ( some I didn't honestly know were rules) that don't concern or impact them and left anonymous notes in the letter box saying they would put us in if we didn't stop. (Watered the garden once 15 Min after cut off time apparently. ) Other neighbours have had similar petty complaints and warnings. One guy 2 Houses down on the same side as them got a complaint letter about him turning on his INSIDE lights at 3 am.... when he gets up for work. No one can figure how his lights could bother them especially as they don't bother any of us closer and opposite. Another was about his sister who baby sits parking her car on the road... as she is perfectly entitled to bloody do! No where near them but when they have their Church group meetings there, at least 20 cars are parking all over and they are never quite when they go beeping horns and shouting out. Hypocrites!

Have since returned the favour with pictures and time codes of their transgressions of different things. Mowing the lawn after permitted hours, washing cars during water restrictions etc. Last one was that the Garage the son lives in is not registered as a granny flat and is not to be used as an abode. Printed on a plain piece of paper without a signature and put in the letter box the same as they do, it was mentioned politely but directly if they stop sticking their noses in other neighbours Business and mind their own, then other neighbours will do the same and not inform the council of the Illegal dwelling.
    Couldn't really give a damn if he's running a whore house from there as long as the clients don't annoy me as they enter and leave. But, two can play at their game.

Haven't heard of anyone having any further issues.

Being the faithful type ( really into it I'm told) one would think the term " turning the other cheek " and " Love thy Neighbour " might come to their minds and they would have better things to do than play street police.

Apparently not until their own less than perfect behaviour is brought to light.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

efab (01-04-20),Godzilla (01-04-20),hinekadon (07-04-20),RogerTheDoger (01-04-20),VroomVroom (01-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

<hrrumm>
    As your resident deity on this forum I would like to remind you minions that I am rather disappointed with you lack of disrespect for the faithful.

When the JW's come down my street, they don't come to my place. I've watched them, stalked them and they know I'm here.
    Fvck, I've even tied to bait them and nope, they avoid me like the anti-christ. To be fair, they are right.

I am aware of who i playing for which team and if there is one team they all fear playing against, it's a Satanist, particularly a card carrying member of the Satanic Temple.
    My religious friends and neighbours do not cross the line. They know better and I to not have to warn them. A stinging nettle doesn't need bright colours or any other defenses to let you know what it is capable of. It's reputation is your warning.

But there is always one dumb sheep in the flock who thinks he's a wolf. And it's not the wolf who eats the most sheep
    The goal of every good satanist is to make the faithful believe their god is punishing them. God is one evil petty being with a nasty superiority complex. Just the kin of person you want to punish a believer.

It starts with reminding your faithful friends how faithful you are and that god will punish all the sinners. You need to remind them from time to time that they are being punished because their god hates them. It eats away at them slowly like a theological cancer.

When bad things happen... "It's all part of god's plan." When good things happen, well the faithful must have cheated or sinned. The time for redemption is upon them.
    Meaning you're about to do more bad shit to them so they believe they deserve it.

Evil isn't big obvious things like a turd in a paper bag. Evil is tiny little things, very very subtle things like a chicken bone they find in their back yard. A mysterious harmless thing that they dismiss but the seed of evil is in their head. Three months later you leave one in their letterbox with a tiny red bow on it. That shit is going to #### them up.

Oh I've got so many other fun ones. Ghosts are a fun. It's like Halloween for adults. I'm like Bettlejuice, Bio-exorcist. It's important that the living don't have proof of the dead.

neigbours informing on others. Ramp that shit up. Ring up and complain too using their name. Make sure you get some real whoppers in.

Signs from god.. Oh I'm good at those. Especially when they get cryptic before leading them to dark places.

Stigmata .. yeah that shit is funny when it comes from your letterbox or number plate. It's got to be real blood, but keep it really small and subtle.
    The number six is a real bleeder.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (08-04-20),wotnot (08-04-20)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12