Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bible bashers

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Default Bible bashers

I see that the godly are in full force trying to get you to believe that god will save us ? I suspect that scomo may be one praying for devine intervention to save the good citizens of Australia that why hes sitting on his arse and doing nothing for the people to curb the pandemic . I heard he had a word from the pope and was told to believe and all would be well

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (29-03-20),william10 (29-03-20)

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Yes my wife gets hammered on her FB every day with posts to pray because Jesus will make it go away.
    I like to say that Jesus(God whatever) 'created' the virus and it will be Humans who will find a cure but it will be the religious nutters who will then thank Jesus for finding the cure.
    I wonder how many got infected from dabbling in the holy water and rubbing it on their faces in Italy when the churches were open? Haa..Chee... bless you!
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 29-03-20 at 03:36 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (30-03-20),gordonwh40 (31-03-20),gulliver (31-03-20),hinekadon (29-03-20),william10 (29-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

I don't have a clue as to how Gary Ablett is going to make this all go away....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

admin (31-03-20),bob_m_54 (30-03-20),hazman (30-03-20),hinekadon (29-03-20)

Banned

Thanks

Aw come on Al just pray Hahahaha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Hehe.. come on Ted, If Jesus can turn water into wine, I'm sure if Gary Prays hard enough he could turn a dole cheque into a bottle of Jim Beam .. lol 😎
    Last edited by Johnno; 29-03-20 at 04:40 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (31-03-20),hinekadon (29-03-20)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    I see that the godly are in full force trying to get you to believe that god will save us ?
    Yes the god botherers never miss an opportunity.
    After politely stating "thanks, but I'm not interested" and them ignoring that, refusing to go, they got told to f*ck off from here earlier today...idiots.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (29-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Their sales pitch never goes far with me, typically it's ;

me: "Excellent ... can you help me get rid of the ghost that haunts this place?"
    basher: "No, but I can assure you that ghosts do not exist!"
    me: "Really? I thought folks like you believed in the Holy Trinity?....you know, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?"
    basher: "Umm..."
    me: "Well which is it?"

...they usually excuse themselves and toddle away... =)

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

george65 (30-03-20),gulliver (31-03-20),hinekadon (29-03-20),Tiny (29-03-20)

Banned

Thanks

I have a sign on the front of the house with the word SHALOM on it they keep away from me

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

enf (30-03-20),Jma (29-03-20),Uncle Fester (29-03-20),wotnot (29-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Some topical Kevin Bloody Wilson. If you're easily offended, don't watch:

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (31-03-20),hinekadon (29-03-20),Johnno (29-03-20)

Thanks

I see that the godly are in full force trying to get you to believe that god will save us ?
    Well he will, but they made a spelling error in his name, it's Geoff who will save us, he's a scientist working on developing a vaccine.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (30-03-20),Tiny (30-03-20)

Thanks

The irony is the bible bashers come out of the woodwork only when something really bad is happening.

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (30-03-20)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

I suspect that scomo may be one praying for devine intervention to save the good citizens of Australia
    No need to suspect...... It's true.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (30-03-20),Uncle Fester (30-03-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

FWIW, the word is Divine, not devine!!!! Actually the "Bible Bashers" are always there. What I do find ironic is those who don't believe in God cry, "Oh God, why does this happen to me?" or use Jesus as an expletive and so forth. If God does not exist, why call upon Him or invoke his name when you are frustrated. There are many more perfectly adequate words and phrases to express your displeasure. Regardless of if there is a God or not, some people seem to require a crutch, some turn to God, others like cuddling a bottle and so on.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (31-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    FWIW, the word is Divine, not devine!!!! Actually the "Bible Bashers" are always there. What I do find ironic is those who don't believe in God cry, "Oh God, why does this happen to me?" or use Jesus as an expletive and so forth. If God does not exist, why call upon Him or invoke his name when you are frustrated. There are many more perfectly adequate words and phrases to express your displeasure.
    Easy - it's part of the indoctrination you are subject to when you're young and malleable.

Hard habit to break afterwards

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

george65 (30-03-20),hinekadon (31-03-20),Tiny (31-03-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    .....What I do find ironic is those who don't believe in God cry, "Oh God, why does this happen to me?" or use Jesus as an expletive and so forth. If God does not exist, why call upon Him or invoke his name when you are frustrated.....
    These religious terms ARE swear words.
    Some swear by God, some swear about God.
    But for me it is generally more acceptable when kids are around to say Jesus instead of Fvck when something unexpected goes wrong.
    ...although I have accidentally said God Fvck when it badly went wrong... hope I didn't start another Genesis, although I do like the band.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-03-20 at 09:02 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (31-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Lost what I thought were a few good Friendships over religion. People I got to know and helped me and I tried to help them in return but they set you up.
    Instead of reimbursement or doing something for them in return, you get, " If you really want to thank me, come to Church on Sunday. I'm sure you will like it" And from then on the guilt trip starts. Can't politely say, sorry, not interested thank you... well I did, many times and as politely as I could muster, but that didn't register at all and they just kept going till things became very uncomfortable. Happened 3 times now with the persons in question all being of a different faith. Same tactic though. Remind me of drug pushers trying to get you to try it once in hopes You'll become hooked.

The worst time is when you loose someone and the faithful people you know whom normally don't bother you with that, swoop in like it's a golden opportunity to take advantage of you while you are in a weakened state. There was one friend we had known for many years and we knew they were faithful and they knew we were far from it. At a bad time the woman was always coming round and laying in the god trip and putting the pressure on my wife particularly. Sending her the typical religious propaganda memes etc which often had my wife in tears. I asked her to stop it a couple of times to no avail. In the end, I messaged her (Unfaithful) daughter whom had no time for it either and asked if she would have a word to her mother for me. I said I didn't want to upset our long time friendship but if it didn't stop, I would talk to her mother in no uncertain terms and live up to the name they used to call me as Kids which was Uncle hand Grenade.
    Thankfully it stopped and we haven't heard much from her since. She was a good friend with no problems till the god trip started.

What really shits me to tears is they are as rehearsed and have more lines than the dodgiest used car or aluminium Cladding salesman. Ask them about something that is patently Illogical in their story and you get a smile and some crap about not being able to understand everything god does or the lord moving in mysterious ways or some other well practised load of horse shit.

Used to get a LOT of god botherers at my First house. Sometimes they would be there every Fortnight for a few months! Might have been because there were a lot of Oldies in the street but none of them gave them the time of day either.

When they came to me, I'd always smile and say something like "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm of the vegetarian faith but thank you anyway. " And close the door. The immediate
    look on their faces was priceless. Other good ones were that I was Cardassian, Romulan or Klingon. That also got some puzzled looks and some curious discussion as they walked back down the path and then compared notes with the rest of the invasion party out on the foot path as they took score.
    Old fella over the road saw them Coming one day though the window just at the right time. He went to the door stark naked and invited them in which they refused and took off fast as they could. He was 89 at the time. His wife couldn't stop laughing about it for weeks. Didn't deter the next lot from coming back couple of weeks later.

They used to make me wonder at the last place though. Middle of leb/ Muslimeville and again, they would be round every few weeks at times, often through the week.
    They must have had some intense training in handling rejection to keep working that area. Bad enough in white, English speaking areas but in the middle of enclaves of the most dedicated fanatics of all.....

Absolute Definition of Futility!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gordonwh40 (31-03-20),hinekadon (31-03-20),lsemmens (31-03-20),VroomVroom (31-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    These religious terms ARE swear words.
    Some swear by God, some swear about God.
    But for me it is generally more acceptable when kids are around to say Jesus instead of Fvck when something unexpected goes wrong.
    ...although I have accidentally said God Fvck when it badly went wrong... hope I didn't start another Genesis, although I do like the band.

I'm very careful about that personally, as I don't wish to give any credibility to that which I consider beyond the scope of tacit proof -- I always spell/use the words 'gawd' and 'geezuz' for example - it's not a religious reference at all ; people still hear what they do ; not my problem.

...Genesis before or after Peter Gabriel?...or both? =)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Do I need to remind you all once again that it is morally wrong to allow stupid people to keep their money?

Taxation is society's main way to limit the damage of stupidity. Tax religion.
    You'll get accountability for every last cent and an excuse to lock up a whole range of scumbags, scammers and kiddy fiddlers for tax evasion while ensuring that the money they do raise gets spent and not stockpiled or invested in church infrastructure and savings where it definitely does not belong.

Tax religion like any other business at 30 cents on the dollar. Scientology, Catholics, Hill$ong ..... God really can fix the economic disease caused by coronavirus.
    Fvck me... we could get the black death back for a re-run and god would be able to pay compensation for that plague and still have enough change for the next.

TAX RELIGION

Make god pay compensation for the virus he created.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (31-03-20),hinekadon (31-03-20),Tiny (31-03-20),wotnot (31-03-20)

Banned

Thanks

Trash you better start a online petition for this I reckon , Satan thanks you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

This is one of my favourite subjects I cant stand religion , religious types or anything connected to it. Its all 100% bullshiyte perpetrated by those who want your money or feel a need to convert you.
    I lost my first missus to some pathetic loser cult in Sydney who promised her the world would be a much better place without me. She was so taken by it all that they encouraged her to join them and leave me to raise my daughter alone. So I did that , and instilled a deep hate of religion in my daughter for many years to come , until one day my daughter started working with a girl who encouraged her to come to a Hillsong conference. from that day on the relationship with my daughter broke down and there was nothing I could do to reverse it. a severe hatred had gone to an insane love for all things Hillsong. Anyway she met this dickhead in this church who she planned to marry soon afterwards. I was to pay for all this of course , trying desparately to retain some normality. Then a week before the wedding , the pastor approached me again at my home and told me that I would not be welcome inside their church because I was not one of them.... I was the one paying for it all !!! I lost it , I mean I really lost it , really really lost it - to the point the police were called to my house to try and calm me down. So anyway I didn't go to the wedding , or any of my relatives , pay any of the bills , and I didn't speak to my daughter for 4 years after that. She never apologized or explained any of it , nothing . completely brainwashed. I was so angry I arranged an open interview on the matter with A Current Affair but then changed my mind.
    After she fell pregnant I softened my stance a bit , but only for the sake of the grandchild. Now things are civil , but again only for the kids' sake. She is still officially removed from my will , and none of my relos talk to her either.

yeah so I hate bible bashing hypocrites , and will have fun at their expense any time I can. The best time was last year in Vancouver , here is me just waiting for the downtown bus and approached by a girl in her 20s representing the Mormons. I quietly declined , and she kept at me. So I stepped it up a notch , asking if they were a sex cult , and I stated how nice she would look as my slave , wearing a collar and all. She was most offended and slinked off. I cracked up , hadn't had so much fun in ages.... later I had hoped she didn't go the cops lol

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (31-03-20),DB44 (02-04-20),george65 (31-03-20),gordonwh40 (31-03-20),hinekadon (31-03-20),Jma (31-03-20),Johnno (31-03-20),wotnot (31-03-20)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast