Thread: eclipse avn827ga

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

Default eclipse avn827ga

help
    trying to sort a mates eclipse avn827ga aps
    i know fa about gps
    so he paid eclipse or whoever for this aussie map update, but even tho it seems to update to the sd card
    in the car, nothing has changed
    i have since formatted the card ? bad idea ? & can put backup back on it
    am i missing something? i read you shouldnt alter the sd card.
    any help would be good.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

It kinda depends on the map supplier most in car GPS use Naviextra for the mapping, Some units the map is locked to the SD cards serial number and others it's the unit's serial number

The most important files are the license folder files and if by chance you have that folder put that back on the SD card the folder came from and log into naviextras.com and hopefully it will update the missing files.

If the card was supplied as a update there is probably not much that can be done other than maybe a cracked version but getting an australian version map is near impossible.

I think 1st step is to work out what brand of maps it had and check the website on how to update the mapping.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SS Dave View Post
    It kinda depends on the map supplier most in car GPS use Naviextra for the mapping, Some units the map is locked to the SD cards serial number and others it's the unit's serial number

The most important files are the license folder files and if by chance you have that folder put that back on the SD card the folder came from and log into naviextras.com and hopefully it will update the missing files.

If the card was supplied as a update there is probably not much that can be done other than maybe a cracked version but getting an australian version map is near impossible.

I think 1st step is to work out what brand of maps it had and check the website on how to update the mapping.
    yes naviextra or watever the site
    i should have taken screens
    seemed to update on the card ok, so it showed, paid upgrade, $130, but when he put it back in the car, same maps, told him to ring them.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68