Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESports Racing

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

here you go wotnot, they are inviting you to challenge them.

Here's your chance to match up against Eseries stars

Fans will have the chance to test themselves against Supercars’ elite brigade of drivers as a bonus element to the BP Supercars All Stars Eseries.

Fixed set-ups will be implemented throughout the online championship, with Dunlop Super2 Series leader and simulator racing expert Brodie Kostecki tasked with locking in settings for all cars to run at each designated track.

The spin-off effect is that Supercars will make the set-ups – catered to each circuit – available to all fans to try.

While trying to outpace drivers in real-life is stunted by factors including time and cost, fans can have unlimited attempts with the exact same car set-up to see if they can match the stars of the sport in the online sphere.

The set-ups for Round 3 Mount Panorama can be downloaded here, for users with the relevant iRacing software.

Fans are encouraged to record their attempts and upload them to the relevant posts on Supercars’ Facebook page.

Qualifying for the third round will begin tonight at 6:00pm AEST and will be broadcast exclusively on Fox Sports 506 before racing begins at 7:00pm.

From 7:00pm, racing will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 506, Kayo, Sky Sports (NZ) and 10 Play. Online fans from around the globe can watch races via the Supercars Facebook Page and Supercars’ Teams Facebook Pages.
    Go here for links to the iRacing setups >>
    Last edited by Tiny; 23-04-20 at 03:40 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-04-20),wotnot (24-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    I agree, i think its cool and entertaining and lets face it, they are in the entertainment business.

I'd actually like to see 2 or 3 rounds of ERacing mixed into a normal season
    They could race at Monaco or Nurburgring

Or maybe have a couple of Virtual rounds of Australian tracks they will race later in the year
    Then you can have a Virtual winner and Supercar winner for the same track and see how their Virtual Racing compares to real life racing.

Plenty of ways to make this fun and inclusive.
    After all, there must a very lucrative Video Game market enjoying a resurgence

The Virtual Supercar data can be saved and offered online on iRacing for any punter to try his luck against
    Agreed! It would be good to see both the real round and the virtual round back to back. Drivers are less likely to take risks on the track that they might do on a virtual track with no attendant "disadvantages". (i.e. car damage or Personal injury).

With virtual rounds we might even be able to have a virtual "cannonball run" across Australia.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

here you go wotnot, they are inviting you to challenge them.
    Ahh, ok...not gunna happen realtime 'coz fixed-wireless (they use string) NBN, and being a linux user, DX-11 and above has shot many games in the foot for me, you get that. Having that baseline dream of the same simulator software available globally for all players irrespective of the OS/platform of choice, is a long way off yet.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Ahh, ok...not gunna happen realtime 'coz fixed-wireless (they use string) NBN, and being a linux user, DX-11 and above has shot many games in the foot for me, you get that. Having that baseline dream of the same simulator software available globally for all players irrespective of the OS/platform of choice, is a long way off yet.
    Well I have a PC with the more than the minimum required set of:
    Minimum System Requirements
    ***These are our minimum requirements, just meeting these will produce graphics at our minimum in test mode***

PC Computers:

Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Windows 10 64-Bit
    64-bit Windows
    4 core CPU or better – Some examples (but not limited to): AMD FX-6300, Intel Core i5-4430, Intel Core i5-2320, AMD Ryzen 3 1200
    8 GB of RAM
    A gaming graphics card with at least 2GB of DEDICATED memory – Some examples (but not limited to): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI Radeon HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550 or better
    10 GB of free disk space (40 GB for all cars and tracks)
    Microphone optional, required for voice chat.

DSL, Cable, Fiber, 256K or faster – supported. Medium & High Earth Orbit Satellite is not supported.
    However I'm on Satellite broadband which is not supported.

Looking into membership, they have a lot of racing going on & pricing is quite reasonable.

What Comes With Membership?

• Unlimited racing against real people from around the world in official series
    • Over 40 official Series, Over 400 private leagues
    • Full racing and website functionality including ghost racing, stats, teams, etc
    • 20 cars and 21 tracks for free & access to over 100 laser scanned cars and tracks
    • Access to full racing licensing and rating system
    • Team Racing with driver swaps
    • Endurance Racing – Up to 24 Hours in length
    • Heat racing
    • Mixed class racing, open setup racing, team racing, league racing, private racing
    • Time trialing, open practice, special racing events
    • Hosted/Tournament racing
    • Full member forum access
    • World class customer support
    • 24/7 live online racing, centralized service & community, always find a race
    • The most realistic driving experience ever created for PC
    • Simple installation & ease of use, no messing with files & messy downloads
    • Over 80 laser scanned officially licensed tracks available
    • Over 80 laser scanned officially licensed racing cars available
    • Officially sanctioned and licensed NASCAR, Indy Car, World of Outlaws, Aussie V8, IMSA
    • A racing community of over 80,000 racers
    • Constant content, improvements and features added with one click updates
    • Endorsed by from every major racing series from around the world

IRACING PRICING SUMMARY

All subscriptions include 18 cars and 18 tracks, our full premium service and all the racing you want 24/7. If you wish to buy additional cars, they cost a one-time fee of $11.95. If you want to buy additional tracks, they cost a one-time fee of either $11.95 or $14.95 depending on the track. We offer many volume discounts as well:

• Purchase any 3 or more cars or tracks at the same time and receive 10% off
    • Purchase any 6 or more cars or tracks at the same time and receive 15% off
    • Purchase a total of 40 or more cars or tracks and receive a 20% discount on all future content purchases
    • Own everything? Get a 30% discount on future content purchases
    • We also run membership specials exclusively for members throughout the year

Looking to organize your own racing in a league or standalone races? We make servers available for a very modest cost — just 50 cents per hour. This is only charged to the host. For example, if you decide to host a 4-hour session it would cost you as the host $2 dollars, but for everyone else in the session it would be free. We also have a bulk purchase discount for the hosted sessions.
    iRacing really is a great value when you look at all that we have to offer. We try to be as upfront about associated costs as we can be. We are priced the way we are so we fit into just about anyone’s budget and everyone receives the same premium service no matter what they can afford. You don’t have to buy all the cars and tracks at once and, in fact, many people never buy or very slowly buy additional cars and tracks. Other people buy them all right away but most fall in-between.
    Check us out for a month or even three months for a small amount of money to get a better understanding of the service and see for yourself what we are all about. If you don’t like what you see, simply click the “don’t renew” button in the My Account section of our website. If you have questions feel free to contact our world class customer support team directly at support@iracing.com.
    Interested in special offers, free giveaways, and news?

Last edited by Tiny; 24-04-20 at 04:13 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

wotnot (24-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Well I have a PC with
    ..windows installed. I have a PC of better spec with linux installed... don't you dare infer 'PC' == windows, PC is 'personal computer' ...hell, I've installed/run linux on an iMac ..you gunna call me an apple fanboi? =^)

Don't confuse platform with OS of choice ~ it's a travesty

However I'm on Satellite broadband which is not supported.
    Yeah, the great disparity...latency. I often think it's the single biggest thing that stops this technology from really taking off -- gameplay varies considerably because we all live a different distance from the servers, and not all internet connections are the same - sux really.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-04-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    ..windows installed. I have a PC of better spec with linux installed... don't you dare infer 'PC' == windows, PC is 'personal computer' ...hell, I've installed/run linux on an iMac ..you gunna call me an apple fanboi? =^)

Don't confuse platform with OS of choice ~ it's a travesty
    No lets not go there & it is not what i said, I have a PC with more than the minimum requirements. It is; W10 64 bit installed, i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB.
    I could have any OS & it will still be my PC. OK.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-04-20),wotnot (24-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

At least you understand =) hahaha

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-04-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Good news on the MotoGp front.

First ever Virtual Grand Prix is announced

After the incredible success of MotoGP™’s first ever Virtual Race, a second event was announced and Virtual Race 2 was broadcast on Sunday the 12th of April. From Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) and Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) to Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) and Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP), the line-up was star studded and the race action packed as the grid took on the Red Bull Ring in Austria.

Feedback on the Virtual Races from the MotoGP™ community, fans, partners and more has only continued to grow. 29 broadcast partners showed the event, with titans of sports broadcasting showing the race to audiences around the world. Partners such as Sky Italy, Canal+ in France, DAZN (in Spain, Italy and DACHS), BT Sport in the UK, ServusTV in Austria and Germany, Viasat in Sweden and many more showed the event in Europe, whilst the Americas received coverage thanks to the likes of NBC in the USA and Fox Brazil and ESPN in Latin America. Fans further east could enjoy coverage from partners including Motorsport TV Russia, Eurosport India and Fox Asia, with those Down Under covered by Fox Australia and TEN. SuperSport also broadcast the event in Africa, meaning the second MotoGP™ Virtual Race once again reached every inhabited continent on Earth – as did the first!

There’s not too long to wait to see more showstopping action, either. On Sunday the 3rd of May – the original date for the Spanish GP – another world first will be broadcast: the Red Bull Virtual Grand Prix of Spain. The event is to show solidarity with and in aid of the Official Charity of MotoGP™, Two Wheels for Life, supporting their efforts in the fight against Covid-19. It will begin at 15:00 (GMT +2) and will see all three Grand Prix classes – MotoGP™, Moto2™ and Moto3™ – compete in a unique three-race online event.

Most premier class teams can choose to field a rider each, with the exception of the Repsol Honda Team, who can enter two as reigning MotoGP™ Champions.

In Moto2™ and Moto3™, ten riders can enter in each category, with the right of entry given in Championship order following the QNB Grand Prix of Qatar. Who will it be? All will be revealed as the event approaches…

Catch up on anything you missed from the first and second editions, including plenty of behind-the-scenes content, and then stay tuned at motogp.com, esport.motogp.com and across social media for more as the Red Bull Virtual Grand Prix of Spain gets closer and closer and more details are unveiled.

Source:

added to that they should be using the latest 2020 MotoGP game software which became available yesterday.

Don’t forget that you can get MotoGP™20, the official MotoGP™ video game, from Thursday April 23rd!"
    Hopefully they show the race full screen??

Game at

ABOUT THIS GAME
    Rev up your engines for a new chapter of the MotoGP™ series!

MotoGP™20 is back with a revived Managerial Career mode and more.

Awaiting you are even more realistic graphics, improved gameplay, a new way to experience the historic content and all the excitement of the 2020 season!
    MANAGERIAL CAREER MODE

Decide whether to join a 2020 season team and race together with the official riders or join a totally brand new team following your manager's advice. A complete entourage is ready to support you on path to the glory.

BIKE DEVELOPMENT
    Improve your bike's performance during specific career tests by introducing changes to certain technical aspects:
    Electronic traction control
    Engine brake
    Anti-wheelie system
    Power mapping
    Engine
    Frame
    Aerodynamics.

Plan your strategy!

GRAPHIC AND TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS
    MotoGP™20 introduces major graphic improvements to sky, asphalt, settings, weather, lighting, vegetation and damage on the bike, which will also have an effect on its overall performance. You will be able to enjoy more realistic physics, where you will have to learn to monitor your tire wear and the braking system.
    The new 3D models of the riders, the face scans of official team managers and new animations will make you feel even more immersed in the MotoGP™ world

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    MINIMUM:
    Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500, AMD FX-8100 or equivalent
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 2 GB VRAM or more / AMD Radeon HD 7950 with 2 GB VRAM or more
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 22 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    RECOMMENDED:
    Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7 GHz / AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM or more | AMD Radeon RX 580 with 8 GB VRAM or more
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 22 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    Last edited by Tiny; 24-04-20 at 07:45 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Found this very helpful to explain most of what I have read or heard over the last month.

Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (30-04-20),RedXT (29-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yeah, that's good explanation

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Then there RK's sim made from studs and a camping chair

I do see some real positives with this Sim Racing
    For one, there is no drug and alcohol testing

Maybe one day we will see some driver hitting the glass bbq down the back straight at Bathurst
    Last edited by ol' boy; 29-04-20 at 11:32 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Fun for the whole family

Wow, they all love Bathurst

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Supercars eSeries from Montreal
    With 4 guest drivers

Supercars reading Austech too?

It even comes with Netflix celebrities
    Joe Exotic

Last edited by ol' boy; 30-04-20 at 03:46 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (30-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Last edited by ol' boy; 30-04-20 at 03:45 AM.

Thanks

I built this for my grandson last year, it sits in front of a 4 x 2.4 mtr projection screen

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedXT For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (30-04-20),Tiny (30-04-20),Uncle Fester (07-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedXT View Post
    I built this for my grandson last year, it sits in front of a 4 x 2.4 mtr projection screen

Awesome Build.... But i see Muscle Cars

Thanks

Awesome Build.... But i see Muscle Cars

yea I still got a few

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedXT For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (30-04-20),ol' boy (30-04-20),Tiny (30-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedXT View Post
    yea I still got a few
    Wow mate, all stunning
    Did you attend a big Ford Auction at Birregurra last year?
    Was an original XW GTHO there, unrestored, went for $40K i think to a SA buyer
    Thing had all the doors off (but in the car) and blackberries growing up through it

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Supercars eSeries from Montreal
    With 4 guest drivers

Supercars reading Austech too?

It even comes with Netflix celebrities
    Joe Exotic

Bahahaha, yeah what was Chaz thinking??

The racing was excellent again, these guys are bringing it to a great level of sim racing, I'm really impressed.
    Cheers, Tiny

Premium Member
    Thanks

Go Chaz

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast