Thread: Government spy app soon mandatory?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Default Government spy app soon mandatory?

Our experts at it again.

They got the idea from Singapore who only use it voluntarily and only 20% took up on it ...obviously privacy concerns.

We are getting a chance to use it voluntarily but if less than 40%, ScoMo does not rule out to enforce it's use.
    To me, based on Singapore's uptake, the decree looks likely in the coming weeks.

I like the way they try to sell it:
    "believer in the Australian people making the right decision"
    or ScoMo's :
    "
    give Australians the go of getting it right"

Reminds me of the propaganda methods in totalitarian SciFi movies, LOL

So what are your thoughts?

Mine are at this stage:

1. It requires that you have bluetooth on all the time which is a major security risk. Plenty about that on the net, not up to discussion here.

2. My trust in our Gov creating a secure app without flaws and backdoors(wanted or unwanted) is near 0%.

3. My trust in our Gov building in other silent features to access private information on our devices is near 100%.

4. AFAIK no other government forces you to install a tracking/spy app. There is no evidence that such draconian measures will stop the virus.

5. Singapore who has the app have over 3x more cases per cap than us.

6. Where I see the app being useful is having it switched on mandatory at schools to find out if the virus does pass on to teachers and other kids and then their parents, like that is common with the flu and cold.
    Unfortunately we can't get that data from Singapore as they have shut down their schools.

Edit: How are they even going to police that, make it compatible with all devices and Android/IOS versions or if my phone uses

Last edited by Uncle Fester; 18-04-20 at 01:25 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (18-04-20),Landytrack (18-04-20)

3. Look Here ->