Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to set up satellite for foxtel IQ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Question Self Install ??

Quote Originally Posted by jgarg View Post
    With the standard fox boxes you need to go into the setup menu and input 0611
    this then allows you to view the installation menu.You can then view lnb type,signal strength etc.
    It should be set to its home transponder,so If you have the correct elevation angle and the pole is vertical then slowly move the dish until the signal level increases.
    Does that 0611 work with the IQ box?
    We're not talking about the standard Foxtel STB.
    Kindest Regards......

Thanks

I do not know as I said ,its worth trying unless you have a better idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    G'Day Cobbers,
    I've been searching and the self install instructions are hard to find unless you pay for them.
    All sorts of agreements on quality and inspection of cabling etc.
    Not sure if it's mandatory, but you need a phone line for some of the features.
    Visiting various forums, I found that self install can cost Zilch to $$$$ depending what's needed and the operator/supervisor you talk to.
    You will still need a subscription card for each box.
    You need to ring them to activate each box.
    So it would appear there is no point in just hooking up to the dish and it all works.
    I'll see what more I can find, but that seems to be the nitty-gritty.
    If any one has any more info, please let us know with links.
    Kindest Regards........

Hi thanks for your help again...

The phone line is optional, and the box has been activated (it worked two days ago at other house.)

Thanks for the heads up jgarg, ill give that a go today.

One thing, is the mount pole isnt straight, It goes up straight, and then out on an angle, but this should matter should it, as you can still adjust the angle on the satellite?

The satellite came off a friends roof who moved house and didnt need it.

Cheers!

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by exilr8 View Post

The phone line is optional, and the box has been activated (it worked two days ago at other house.)

Thanks for the heads up jgarg, ill give that a go today.

One thing, is the mount pole isnt straight, It goes up straight, and then out on an angle, but this should matter should it, as you can still adjust the angle on the satellite?

The satellite came off a friends roof who moved house and didnt need it.

Cheers!
    G'Day,
    They call that self flagellation. Makes setting up well nigh impossible. As you change azimuth, you are also changing elevation.
    The emphasis on having the mast plumb, vertical in all directions, is not a foible, but an absolute necessity.
    Then again if you want to run around in ever decreasing circles until you disappear up your own fundamental orifice, then, by all means ignore the advice,
    Kindest Regards........

Thanks

Look take the box back to your mates place.
    Pack a suitcase of your belongings and move in.
    Much easier than the path your on.

Or set your pole up properly and start off on the right foot.

And that thing you call a "satellite" is a satellite Dish.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoat View Post
    Look take the box back to your mates place.
    Pack a suitcase of your belongings and move in.
    Much easier than the path your on.

Or set your pole up properly and start off on the right foot.

And that thing you call a "satellite" is a satellite Dish.

How about you get your head out your ass, and realise that in the real world nobody listens to anything you say - because if they did - you would not need to be wasting all your time on a forum, hoping to get some sort of recognition and praise, that you are craving for in your real life.

Nobody makes you be here, if my posts annoy you, simply dont read them.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

The pole MUST be perfectly straight in all directions... this can be critical.

Thanks

Thumbs down " Hoist by his own petard. "

How about you get your head out your ass, and realise that in the real world nobody listens to anything you say - because if they did - you would not need to be wasting all your time on a forum, hoping to get some sort of recognition and praise, that you are craving for in your real life.

Nobody makes you be here, if my posts annoy you, simply dont read them.

Thanks

Just trying to make it easier for you as your not listening to the help given.
    Good luck.

Thanks

1. Setup dish pole correctly plum 90degrees
    2. Tune dish to Optus C1 using the info you already have and Fox box signal metre or satelitte finder
    3. Make sure box is on 10400 (most probably already is) check this by going to system setup and pressing 0611 select.
    4. Enjoy your mobile phone subscription ads, old repeated tv shows and live sport

Thanks

Hey Exilr8 - it took me days to find my first statellite - so many blind alleys to go down - where abouts roughly are you in Adelaide?

Thanks

Default Newbie Sat Install HELP Request

Hi guy sorry to piggy back onto this thread but I'm attempting to do the same thing (Foxtel IQ sat setup).

I've gone through all the suggestions previously posted without luck.

(Except I don't have a Sat finder (will be getting on but in the mean time))

My Info is as follows:

Dishfinder info:
    Address: coxs crown rd rylstone
    Latitude: -32.7415°
    Longitude: 150.0421°

Satellite: 156.0E Optus C1
    Elevation: 51.4°
    Azimuth (true): 10.9°
    Azimuth (magn.): -1.0°

I have a the Dish pointed in the suggested direct above and am using the same LNB as the first poster.

My Foxtel IQ setting are ass follows:

(0611 Select does work for the Foxtel IQ Box)

LNB
    Highband Lo Freq = 10.70
    LNB Power Supply = ON
    22Khz Command = OFF

Hometransponder
    Freq = 12.438 (Can't seem to change)
    Poloarisation = H
    Symbol Rate (Kbaud) = 27800
    Fec = 3/4

Now I'm not getting any signal on the box and am at a loss to determine whiy.

First Question is what angle should my LNB outputs be facing?

Secondly I have an extra person helping me so how/where can I go to see the signal strength change as I slowly adjust the dish direction (if thats my issue)

Thirdly any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guy ,

Idna

Thanks

Cool IQ box setup.

Quote Originally Posted by idna View Post
    Hi guy sorry to piggy back onto this thread but I'm attempting to do the same thing (Foxtel IQ sat setup).
    I've gone through all the suggestions previously posted without luck.
    (Except I don't have a Sat finder (will be getting on but in the mean time))
    My Info is as follows:
    Dishfinder info:
    Address: coxs crown rd rylstone
    Latitude: -32.7415°
    Longitude: 150.0421°
    Satellite: 156.0E Optus C1
    Elevation: 51.4°
    Azimuth (true): 10.9°
    Azimuth (magn.): -1.0°

I have a the Dish pointed in the suggested direct above and am using the same LNB as the first poster.
    My Foxtel IQ setting are ass follows:
    (0611 Select does work for the Foxtel IQ Box)
    LNB
    Highband Lo Freq = 10.70
    LNB Power Supply = ON
    22Khz Command = OFF
    Hometransponder
    Freq = 12.438 (Can't seem to change)
    Poloarisation = H
    Symbol Rate (Kbaud) = 27800
    Fec = 3/4
    Now I'm not getting any signal on the box and am at a loss to determine whiy.
    First Question is what angle should my LNB outputs be facing?
    Secondly I have an extra person helping me so how/where can I go to see the signal strength change as I slowly adjust the dish direction (if thats my issue)
    Thirdly any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guy ,
    Idna
    G'Day Idna, Welcome,
    The first thing to determine is your LNB. Is it 10700 twin/dual polarity?
    Has it got two co-ax leads coming from it to your box?
    Are they both connected?
    To start with, have those down leads at about 7 O'clock looking into the dish.
    You can fine tune that once you acquire the Satellite.
    The Dishpointer figures that you quote check out for your location.
    Usually on either side of your Mast to Dish bracket you should see graduated scales.
    You can set that to either Elevation(51.4) or Latitude(32.7). Works out the same.
    Make absolutely sure that your mast is PLUMB. (Vertical in all directions.)
    If your mast bracket can rotate on the mast without slipping down, OK.
    Otherwise put one of these brackets on the mast to hold it up when loose.

You should now be able to swing your dish, ever so slowly, through the azimuth of 10 Degrees True to pick up the Sat.
    With a Satfinder meter, you would start with the gain high and then back it off until you get an on scale reading that you can peak on direction.
    You can then fine tune the Skew(twist the LNB in the bracket) and the Elevation at the mast.
    I think you have your box set up OK to watch the Signal and Quality bars on the Box.
    As I do not have an IQ box, will have to get another member to help with the settings.
    Let's see how you go from there.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".......

Thanks

Exilr8 & Idna how did you both go with beer4life's advice in post #53? Please let us know if you got your Foxtel IQs up and running, I've successfully undertaken this project and it's not too hard to do...
    3 dedicated Penta 85 cm dishes for 3 Optus Satellites + Sharp Quad LNBs (BS1R8AR428A). Penta 85cm dish+INVACOM SNH-031 UNIVERSAL LNBF+POWER TECH DG240 DiSEqC 1.2 H-H KU MOTOR. 1.8M Phoenix (IS8 C-band) + 2 single LNBs + orthomode. (All sat signals 95%) Using Foxtel HD, VAST+PVR and UltraPlus X-9200 HD PVR @ 3647 feet above sea level!

Thanks

Idna would do well to protect his/her street address.
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

if your willing to spend some money ... go out and get yourself a trimax SM-2500, you wont regret it.......or u could always rent one if its up for rent...this is a pro sat meter my dads got and its got a colour LCD screen and it shows u all the channels and everything ....thoses little sat meters are good for nothing

Thanks

Guys (and girls maybe) I just want to thank you so much, I got a 1.8 meter dish today and set it up for Optus C1 for Foxtel with an IQ box, everything I needed to know was in this thread somewhere, without posting a question. The link to dishpointer.com was great, thanks beer4life ? and then the clincher was the 0611 code to get into the pointing menus. Anyways, I am a ways outside OZ and watching Foxtel with no drops right now. so thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, it was very useful.

Only thing I don't get however, but does not require an answer really as I have a rock solid picture. I never got the last green bar of the signal strength meter to show and signal quality was always on the first red bar, no matter what I did, but once I got it centered it worked fine, I did not have anything other than the on screen signal strength meter to go by but I got there

Thanks

Cool Another satisfied customer.

Quote Originally Posted by philou View Post
    Guys (and girls maybe) I just want to thank you so much, I got a 1.8 meter dish today and set it up for Optus C1 for Foxtel with an IQ box, everything I needed to know was in this thread somewhere, without posting a question. The link to dishpointer.com was great, thanks beer4life ? and then the clincher was the 0611 code to get into the pointing menus. Anyways, I am a ways outside OZ and watching Foxtel with no drops right now. so thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, it was very useful.

Only thing I don't get however, but does not require an answer really as I have a rock solid picture. I never got the last green bar of the signal strength meter to show and signal quality was always on the first red bar, no matter what I did, but once I got it centered it worked fine, I did not have anything other than the on screen signal strength meter to go by but I got there

G'Day Cobber, welcome.
    Crikey, that thread was a long time ago. Fantastic that it helped you go solo. Always great to get feedback and I thank you on behalf of every one else that contributed.
    I'm a little unclear what you mean at the end. The only thing we may have missed is the LNB Skew adjustment. ie: twisting the LNB in it's Holder. For the eastern states, the downlead should be about 7'Oclock looking into the dish and about 3 O'clock for West Australia. Just watch for best Quality on the box.
    Very Warmest Regards, " The Druid "........

PS: Saw your other post, you are doing well.
    For Noumea a 1.8 meter solid dish with el cheapo LNB works just fine, watching that right now
    Last edited by beer4life; 18-07-09 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Forgot me 'ead.

Thanks

..............I never got the last green bar of the signal strength meter to show and signal quality was always on the first red bar, no matter what I did, but once I got it centered it worked fine, I did not have anything other than the on screen signal strength meter to go by but I got there
    Yeah sorry, I was not so clear here on re reading it What I meant was, once I got into he right setup with the 0611 code and got the signal strength meter, it has 6 bars, 1 red, a 2 yellow and 2 greens that I can see, I can never get the last bar to go on, maybe that's normal (so I have 5 out 6 lit up). The one I don't understand is under that, signal quality, I have only one red bar lit up yet I have prefect reception ?

What I meant here "but once I got it centered it worked fine" was that centering the dish just using the signal strength meter on the STB is not so easy because it is mostly just full strength or nothing, but I got there eventually. Thanks again everyone for their help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Yeah sorry, I was not so clear here on re reading it What I meant was, once I got into he right setup with the 0611 code and got the signal strength meter, it has 6 bars, 1 red, a 2 yellow and 2 greens that I can see, I can never get the last bar to go on, maybe that's normal (so I have 5 out 6 lit up). The one I don't understand is under that, signal quality, I have only one red bar lit up yet I have prefect reception ?

What I meant here "but once I got it centered it worked fine" was that centering the dish just using the signal strength meter on the STB is not so easy because it is mostly just full strength or nothing, but I got there eventually. Thanks again everyone for their help.
    Wow. 59 posts on how to align a dish to Optus C1 along with a fair bit of waffle thrown in. It's really not that hard people

And for the record, the pole does not have to be perfectly plub.
    Providing the dish is pointed at the sat, any variations can be overcome with the az/elevation adjustments
    More criticaly important is that the pole is rigid and can not flex
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

• The Following User Says Thank You to Fernbay For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (19-07-09)

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast