Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4 Police Dead, Driver does a runner...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

@ Olboy, it could have been a mum driving home being pulled over for not indicating, i dont blame the Porsche driver for the chain of events leading up to the accident that occurred.

@ Porkop, having spoken to a few Hwy Patrol friends, they all seem to think the 40Kph rule is dangerous after working it, at the start they were all for it until pile ups and close calls for others started happening.

In your honest opinion, wouldnt it be safer for police and public to change the 40Kph rule to directing the driver to a safer place? Make the law that the driver must take the next exit and pull over off the main road?

While the Porsche driver is a real drop kick (and on another level), hes not helping his own cause.....

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    @ Olboy, it could have been a mum driving home being pulled over for not indicating, i dont blame the Porsche driver for the chain of events leading up to the accident that occurred.
    I know what you are saying

But you can look at it, as though his actions have caused them to all be parked in the E Lane
    Reckless and endangering actions.... Which isn't really a busted indicator or broken down vehicle
    (Granted, they have control of the situation then)

I'm wondering if the first officers on scene knew how to do a confiscate or if they even had the paper work needed too?
    Perhaps a reason why the second unit was asked to attend or maybe just for road safety

Either way, it is what happens next that caused lives and families to never be the same again
    Probably lucky he ran away, or he may have had a "Medical Episode" as well
    Last edited by ol' boy; 24-04-20 at 04:10 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

It's a dumb rule that was probably thought up by a dumb clerk in some dumb bureaucratic public service job as an overreaction to a couple of near misses which clearly can happen anyway.

The last time I was pulled over by a roller (NSW), he had me follow him to a safe place. Guilty as sh!t (speeding), I followed him for about 2km before we could safely get off the road...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (24-04-20),hinekadon (24-04-20),lsemmens (24-04-20),ol' boy (24-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Richard Pusey - Switch Now Home Loans

Seems is business dealings aren't much better

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

shred (24-04-20)

Thanks

Pretty suspect when all the reviews seem to be 1 star or 5 stars (and likely fake).

So how does someone with (it seems) a fairly extensive criminal history get to trade as a mortgage broker? Don't you need a police check or anything like that before you're allowed to sign people up to massive loans?

[EDIT: Lots of comments below this article re "How can he be a broker with an extensive criminal record?" ]
    Last edited by shred; 24-04-20 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Pretty suspect when all the reviews seem to be 1 star or 5 stars (and likely fake).

So how does someone with (it seems) a fairly extensive criminal history get to trade as a mortgage broker? Don't you need a police check or anything like that before you're allowed to sign people up to massive loans?
    Criminals usually work in groups, its called a crime syndicate, the other crim is the banks.....

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

enf (25-04-20),kclar (25-04-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    @ Porkop, having spoken to a few Hwy Patrol friends, they all seem to think the 40Kph rule is dangerous after working it, at the start they were all for it until pile ups and close calls for others started happening.

In your honest opinion, wouldn't it be safer for police and public to change the 40Kph rule to directing the driver to a safer place? Make the law that the driver must take the next exit and pull over off the main road?

While the Porsche driver is a real drop kick (and on another level), hes not helping his own cause.....

I cant disagree with the fact that the 40k limit when passing emergency vehicles can cause problems when there is heavy traffic but signalling to a driver to continue to a safe point is also problematic as, from my experience, and with all seriousness, people are idiots.

I have lite up the red and blue lights at times and have had people slam on their brakes and stop in the right lane of a freeway instantly. you can imagine the issues this causes.

People who don't stop. you get beside them and instruct them to pull over and they say "I didn't know what you wanted" ( the only car on the road and they still have no idea).

Different nationalities.....don't even get me started!!!!

I repeat, generally people are idiots.

sadly, when your number is up there is little you can do about it. You can take all the necessary steps to remove dangers but ultimately you can not control human stupidity or intention!

I could be killed just going to get my lunch because some person has a brain snap when they see me crossing the road and. its all over, or you because some elderly person steps on the wrong pedal as you are walking behind them at the supermarket.

What happen was tragic and defies explanation, at this time. Could it have been avoided, YES, don't be there!!!

Is that an answer.

Porsche driver kills family of 5 in horror freeway smash. Where were the cops!!!!

Cant win!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

alpha0ne (25-04-20),dashinson (24-04-20),enf (25-04-20),fandtm666 (24-04-20),Godzilla (25-04-20),Jma (25-04-20),lsemmens (24-04-20),mandc (24-04-20),mtv (24-04-20),ol' boy (24-04-20),Reschs (24-04-20),Tiny (25-04-20),tollspd (25-04-20),VroomVroom (27-04-20),Xplorer (25-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Well said porkop....

I think we are all frustrated with some new laws...
    As you say, there is no perfect answer.

Porsche driver could killed a family in the next few kilometers...
    Everyone yells "where was the cops"

Trying to get the Porsche driver to a safer place, he might have booted it....

No one expects a truck to arrive with no brake marks
    Last edited by ol' boy; 25-04-20 at 08:43 AM.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I’m having trouble coming to terms that that piece of sh1t Porsche driver breathes the same air that the rest of us good people breath.

I’m prepared to wait for the evidence on the truck driver to manifest itself before I pass moral judgement but that Porsche driver is next level Kunt!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

dashinson (24-04-20),enf (25-04-20),fandtm666 (25-04-20),firemansparky (25-04-20),Godzilla (25-04-20),lsemmens (24-04-20),mtv (24-04-20),ol' boy (25-04-20),shred (24-04-20),tollspd (25-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Regardless of fault, had the Porshe IDIOT not broken the law in the first place, we would not be having this discussion! HE is CULPABLE!!! The law, as is stands, may view things differently. I understand the rationale behind the 40km limit, but, like most, can also see the problems with said limit. Maybe all police should be required to travel around with a road crew whose job it is to set up warning signs for drivers whenever a cop has to pull over an idiot who does not know where it is to pull over safely.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I'm actually amazed more Motorbike Cops don't get skittled...

Especially in Metro areas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Regardless of fault, had the Porshe IDIOT not broken the law in the first place, we would not be having this discussion! HE is CULPABLE!!! The law, as is stands, may view things differently. I understand the rationale behind the 40km limit, but, like most, can also see the problems with said limit. Maybe all police should be required to travel around with a road crew whose job it is to set up warning signs for drivers whenever a cop has to pull over an idiot who does not know where it is to pull over safely.
    You may as well blame the people that built the road then, if the road hadn't have been there then the Police would have pulled anyone over.

Yes he is a turd, yes he is an oxygen thief, but to suggest that he is somehow responsible for a truck that hit the car and killed the Police is a real stretch of the imagination.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mi_tasol For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (25-04-20),george65 (25-04-20),Godzilla (25-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mi_tasol View Post
    Yes he is a turd, yes he is an oxygen thief, but to suggest that he is somehow responsible for a truck that hit the car and killed the Police is a real stretch of the imagination.
    Exactly.

May as well say if no one broke the law we wouldn't need cops, jails, courts etc.

The blame needs to be put where the blame lies not on a scapegoat, easy target as the may be.
    At this stage with what I can see, the truck driver is the one at fault for the accident and deaths, nothing to do with the guy pulled over as much of a low life as he may have been.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

mi_tasol (25-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post

I have lite up the red and blue lights at times and have had people slam on their brakes and stop in the right lane of a freeway instantly.
    Yeah, You have probably lit up the red and blue lights, the high beam and a couple of flame thrower spotties on the roof and bumper as well for good measure.
    Maybe you should sit in a car at night and see what that does to a persons Vision.

Had some Morons light me up one night the same way at about 3 am on a freeway. Blinded the shit out of me as I hadn't even see another car for 10 Minutes.
    As I pulled over, I brushed the curb lightly. Cop comes round and asks If I have been drinking, they noticed I was weaving a bit as I pulled over and rubbed the kerb. I let fly and asked what the hell did they expect? They came out of no where, Come right up my arse and Blinded me with 1000W of light and I was was so blinded with the light in my eyes from the mirrors and everything else being whited out, I was lucky I didn't go over the Fking embankment!
    I said let me do the same to you and see how well you pull over when you can't see a fking thing.

Oh yeah, it's procedure in case you pull a gun on them or something so they can see it. This isn't the US.
    It's a dangerous and stupid practice just like the idiotic 40Kmh law. I'd guarantee people HAVE run into things because of this but that would all be covered up and never admitted.

I asked why they pulled me over like that anyway? Oh, just a random breath test. Why, what was I doing wrong? Nothing, just RBT. And there was all that urgency and created danger blinding the shit out of me to pull me over when I wasn't doing anything wrong?? You couldn't have just turned on the flashing lights from a reasonable distance behind me and let me pull up without blinding me and making out like I was worlds most wanted? You have already run my plate and have a good idea you have a MR. no record what so ever rather than public enemy No.1.

Next thing they ask where I have been and why I'm so far from home at that hour? I said I am coming home from a wedding in the country. Other bright spark takes torch out of my eyes and shines it on the back seat and asks why I have all that equipment back there and If I'm a photographer? I said no, I have all those cameras and photographic shit back there because I'm a plumber and I always wear a suit like this when I go to unblock a shitter. If I had knocked the stuff off, what did they they think that question was going to achieve, and admission? If you want to know if I flogged it or not, why not ask me what I have back there and then check to confirm it. Too Logical?

Is there some reason these people can't do their job without asking stupid questions and doing things that endanger people?

And WTF is it with the questions when you get pulled over for RBT?
    As I asked one guy,
    " Have you been drinking tonight?"
    If I say no are you still going to test me?
    Yes
    If I say yes are you going to test me?
    Yes
    Then if you are going to test me either way, what is the point of the stupid questions? Just get on with it already!

Yes, I realise this is what they are trained/ required to do but if they and the gubbermint want people to respect cops, then how about starting with training them not to ask stupid questions for a start? Must be able to teach them phrases that gets the info they want without sounding stupid.

I repeat, generally people are idiots.
    The logic in recognising that but still implementing procedures that don't account for it would call the whole intelligence of said procedures into serious question and shift the question as to whom the real idiots are. The people making the policy's and procedures or the people they are implementing them on?

If people are such idiots, then the SMART thing to do would be to account for the lowest denominator and implement procedures and education that keeps everyone safe and knowing what to do.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

The only time I have seen ANY emergency vehicle flash high beam at someone is when the idiot does not move out of the way when they approach with lights and sirens blaring.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

porkop (25-04-20)

Thanks

seems so many have issues with police and go an hissy fits why fk knows

i have had dealings with police as some one doing the worng things and some one
    doing the right thing.

george mentioned high beams and being blinded well i for one realised about 40 yrs ago
    that at night when you tab down the review you can still see everything yet high beams
    do not blind you.

then the questions "have you been drinking tonight " well that is so they can quickly
    work out if you will one that needs to be further tested , i had a drink 2 hours ago sir
    but when you blow its showing 0.08 well mate you had more that a drink 2 hours ago
    because rule of thumb 1 drink per hour.

do i agree with the 40km slow down --- yes and no but what ever my fellings
    are i have no right to have a go at the cops about it and abuse them but you
    can go to your local mp and blast them they are the ones passing the law
    not the bloke out risking his life.

i get booze bused at least once a week because of the hours i work
    and am on the road when most muppets are heading home after a gut full of piss
    but do i get the shits " NO " fkn hell why would i, its a few minutes of my day and knowing
    that they may actually get some fkwit and save others in the process.

With the police force as with any other profession be it a bank teller
    checkout chick - bloke at the servo there are fkwits among all of them as there are great
    ones among them but to generalise them all the same to me that shows what a person is
    like.

thats my 1.5 cents
    Last edited by fandtm666; 25-04-20 at 12:45 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

enf (25-04-20),lsemmens (25-04-20),tristen (25-04-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post

With the police force as with any other profession be it a bank teller
    checkout chick - bloke at the servo there are fkwits among all of them as there are great
    ones among them but to generalise them all the same to me that shows what a person is
    like.

thats my 1.5 cents
    Exactaymundo. Painting all in ANY profession (well, maybe pollies and Lawyers) with the brush of a few is just dumb. There are fvckwits in every part of society.

I still say that everyone involved probably made mistakes. I'll stick with that until the true facts are actually known, if they ever are.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    seems so many have issues with police and go an hissy fits why fk knows
    Yes, there are a few in this forum whinging and bitching about the police.

As porkop mentioned, if an erratic, arrogant, ignorant, alcohol/substance affected driver, crashes and kills innocent people, there would be an outcry of where were the police.

Don't ever drive into SA, as their speed limit is 25km going past emergency vehicles with lights activated, not the 40km in VIC.
    Imagine going from 110km down to 25km on a freeway to pass police with lights activated.
    Of course it would be dangerous for unsuspecting, incompetent and inattentive drivers, and for those not keeping to a safer 2-second gap between vehicles.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xplorer For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (25-04-20),enf (25-04-20),lsemmens (25-04-20),ol' boy (25-04-20),porkop (25-04-20)

Thanks

Hey George, sometimes it's good to step back a bit and see it for what it is - you were a random pull over with the standard response from the police. I'm sure you weren't the only random RBT that evening, and I'm sure you weren't the the only one not drinking - but given the fact that in today's world we are blessed with a sheitload of absolute fukkin morons who think they are clever (Dunning Kruger effect) - the police had probably responded as they saw fit. I'm assuming your RBT ended with "Have a good evening".

and yes - people are fukkin idiots, on one hand you have toilet paper hording hoping to sell a roll on ebay for a grand, on the other someone saying "inject yourself with disinfectant" - 2 extreme levels of imbecile there in 2 recent events...........

When it comes to the Police, just answer the questions in a polite yes no matter, never admit to anything, follow directions, wait for the reading and be on your way - easy

f
    有段者

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freakee1 For This Useful Post:

enf (25-04-20),lsemmens (25-04-20),tristen (26-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freakee1 View Post
    Hey George, sometimes it's good to step back a bit and see it for what it is - you were a random pull over with the standard response from the police.
    I have NO problem with being pulled over for an RBT. I had a BIG problem with the way they did it which was dangerous and then it being insinuated there was something wrong with my driving because of them blinding me.

Like I said, they could have put on the lights from a safe distance behind me and I would have pulled over. Blinding the shit out of me with all the high beams was needless and Fking stupid in reality.

I don't care how many times they pull me over for RBT. They will NEVER catch me because I have NEVER drank and drove. Ever.
    I go out, I will have one drink, maybe 2 if the night is young and that's it. I have no problem with soft drink the rest of the night unlike so many fktards that can't control themselves when there is any booze around.

These idiots that get done 3+ times should never be on the road. Make a mistake once, OK, do the same thing again, it's not a mistake, you are clearly too stupid to hold a licence ever again and that's the way it should be.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

enf (25-04-20),freakee1 (25-04-20)

• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast