Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 4 Police Dead, Driver does a runner...

Thanks

To be honest and i have only said it in one other thread
    i think this thread should be closed .

it has gone so far of tangent its not funny and the OP was about the tragic
    loss of life not about peoples feelings over 40km zone peoples profession
    or peoples interactions with other professions.

so my final .05 cents sad loss of life full stop.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-04-20),porkop (26-04-20),tristen (26-04-20),wotnot (26-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

It is mate

It has also made me think about Truck Licences
    (And i'm sure they will now be reviewed)

For a start, a Truck Licence, like all our Transport Licences is "Time Based" not "Competency Based"

I've seen a lot of new Truck drivers lately and not many look like English is thier first language
    That aside, you can get Truck Licence when you are 20 years old, never drive a truck for 30 years, then get in a drive one, legally!!!!
    This truck driver doesn't look like he falls into that category, but it's an avenue i bet they look at.

The new bread of Truck driver uses a Semi or Fully Automatic Truck, they probably breeze through thier training and get behind the wheel.

It sure is a horrible accident, in its truest sense
    As enf says, it will be a compound of things that made conditions right for an horrific event.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-04-20 at 01:09 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

you can blame the big companies like toll for getting the curry munchers and south african truck drivers over on visas.....

they are a disaster waiting to happen, you can try and train them, but they will always revert to the driving style they learnt overseas.

the curry munchers have no concept of braking distances and are constantly on and off the throttle as they were taught that way saves fuel.....

combined with dodgy assessors.....
    Last edited by hoe; 26-04-20 at 02:11 PM.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-04-20),enf (26-04-20),hazman (27-04-20),Mr 672A (08-05-20),ol' boy (26-04-20),VroomVroom (27-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,077 Times in 3,348 Posts

The problem, and Porkop has pointed it out, is that most interactions with the public are that of enforcing the law. Human nature, especially that of the law breaker (whether knowingly or not) is on the defensive and often of the frame of mind "wasn't me, why are you pulling me over?" Coppers, of all our public servants, are probably ranked lower than even politicians in some peoples minds, the rest, often think of them as a necessary evil who should be out catching "bad guys". I've known many cops over the years, as have I, politicians, surprisingly, both take on their respective professions for similar reasons. That is, to provide a service to their community and, hopefully, leave it in a better place than when they started.

An aeronautical phrase springs to mind here "Your attitude determines your altitude". If you treat any policeman with due respect, 99.9% of the time you'll get it back. The very few cases otherwise are mist likely because that same copper has just finished cleaning up after a messy domestic violence incident or a car accident where a kid has wrapped himself around a power pole.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

dashinson (26-04-20),enf (26-04-20),Jma (26-04-20),porkop (27-04-20),Tiny (26-04-20),tristen (28-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

just a thought here - it was reported that the truck driver was actually driving in the E lane at speed for a quite a few metres before the accident , do you suspect it was a terror related incident ? maybe the curry muncher was Muslim and we all know they will gladly use a vehicle as a weapon.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    just a thought here - it was reported that the truck driver was actually driving in the E lane at speed for a quite a few metres before the accident , do you suspect it was a terror related incident ? maybe the curry muncher was Muslim and we all know they will gladly use a vehicle as a weapon.
    I had thought that, when i heard no brake marks
    But then again, modern trucks have pretty good ABS systems
    It could be anything, he could be a really good man that suffers from depression and this incident may have totally shattered him to the core.
    I know i couldn't live with myself if it were me. You'd just wish to wake up and it was all a bad dream, but its not sadly.

Hopefully someone has DashCam footage of the lead up
    Could be any number of reasons
    No doubt the ECU, ABS and EBS data has been taken from the truck
    If it is a common route for the truck driver, there will be a long history of his driving on the fwy cameras and most likely a gps tracker in the truck
    Would not be hard to build up what his common movements were and why this day he moved into the E Lane

The Truck Driver has been interviewed and charged now on 4 counts
    He was not charged with Drugs or Alcohol in his system or in his possession, according to todays news.
    It's all up to the lawyers now
    Last edited by ol' boy; 27-04-20 at 03:24 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    - it was reported that the truck driver was actually driving in the E lane at speed for a quite a few metres before the accident , do you suspect it was a terror related incident ?
    I tend to favour the theroy he was just a typical Dumb as Dogshit Punjab and a truck driver to boot.
    If the thing about finding the drugs in the truck also turns out to be true, than this would account for a lot as well.
    Either way, there was obviously a reason they raided his home and I'm sure that would have provided evidence to help point to anything bar an actual misfortunate accident.

That said, things like this generally have a combination of 3 factors that cause them. seems like just being in the wrong place at the wrong time was one of them.
    Might also have just been the truckwit was cooking the books as they all do and been driving too many hours and was falling asleep.

Fking amazing. 6 People there and the one that deserves to live the least runs off with no problem, the dipshit that caused it survives and the ones that deserved to live the most, don't.
    Makes no sense.
    Never does.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

allover (27-04-20),lsemmens (27-04-20),VroomVroom (28-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

We has a Punjabi driver drop off some parcels yesterday.

I stood down the back of the factory watching him unload.

I watched my new camshafts being chucked to the ground like they were a piece of wood off cut.

I watched 2 packages of 20Kg discs being dropped from standing height crashing onto the concrete.

I then went on to watch my son about to drop him, lucky for the Indian i got up and dragged my son away. (not that i minded, i didn't want the business liability)

Apparently he claims they were heavy, i asked him if he did his oh&s training to bend his knees when lifting and lowering.

The standard of drivers these days, sheeze......now to call the company, those camshafts alone cost me $1200, plus the discs......

Lucky i have cameras around the place.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

enf (28-04-20),exited (28-04-20),lsemmens (28-04-20),VroomVroom (29-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Truck driver at the centre of nightmare crash that left four hero cops dead says he was trying to 'avoid a WITCH' when he swerved across a freeway and ploughed into them in the emergency lane
    oh dear

Thanks

Truck driver at the centre of nightmare crash that left four hero cops dead says he was trying to 'avoid a WITCH' when he swerved across a freeway and ploughed into them in the emergency lane
    He would have been much better off hitting 1 witch than running into the parked cars and killing 4 people.

I wonder if this is setting up an insanity plea or diminished Responsibility because he was on drugs?
    Should automatically get double the sentence if either one of those defences is even raised.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I wonder if this is setting up an insanity plea or diminished Responsibility because he was on drugs?
    Should automatically get double the sentence if either one of those defences is even raised.
    It is a pretty weak source, apparently over heard by a inmate at the same facility

It also struck a chord with me, as 10+ years ago, we had to get a guy out of a Surfers Paradise bar and all walk him home, all of us standing around him, as he was adamant there were fire breathing dragons chasing him.
    We all cracked jokes with him the next day about his dragons, but he was staunchly defending they were there!

That is the first and last thing i ever wanted to know about ICE
    And if it was drugs, you might be right george, another Cy Walsh defence coming up.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Wouldn’t you just run the witch over if they are so scary?
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (07-05-20),dashinson (06-05-20),enf (07-05-20),Godzilla (07-05-20),lsemmens (06-05-20),ol' boy (06-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Wouldn’t you just run the witch over if they are so scary?
    We joke but then one thinks of the Consequences of this and it's fking mind numbing.

If the guy had a genuine medical episode or a mechanical failure, it would be bad enough but at least there would be the tiny consolation it was an accident and couldn't be helped. If, as it seems, he was drugged off his tits and this was the real cause..... Just pathetic and a total and utter waste from such stupidity.

There is no current fitting punishment and no upside.

On one hand, I think it's a perfect reason to bring back the death sentence. Something draconian needs to be done to get these Fktards not only off the road but off these Drugs all together. On the other hand, I think well, it's not going to bring those 4 People back and then you have another family grieving and probably bludging off welfare. On the 3rd hand, they will probably be bludging off welfare now anyway and we will have to keep the Piece of shit alive for the rest of his days as well.

Seems the death penality has the best potential outcome from a whole piss poor debacle of a tragic situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    he was trying to 'avoid a WITCH' when he swerved across a freeway and ploughed into them in the emergency lane
    oh dear

Crazy as it sounds, seeing a witch, jhin or headless person is a perfectly valid excuse that will hold up in court in many countries I have worked in.

Probably Australia too in a few generations.
    Last edited by hca; 07-05-20 at 04:56 AM. Reason: typo

Premium Member
    Thanks

I wonder if the truck driver thought he'd be a BUS for a short while?

LSemmens
    Thanks

Yes, the death penalty might be a good solution. My only problem with that is that the 'sole who is put to death can no longer remember the sh*t he is in. I'd be more inclined to lock him up on bread and water in a third world prison cell. Stale bread at that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Yes, the death penalty might be a good solution. My only problem with that is that the 'sole who is put to death can no longer remember the sh*t he is in. I'd be more inclined to lock him up on bread and water in a third world prison cell. Stale bread at that!
    The reality is no matter what you do, you cannot undo the shit fight and tragedy that has happened. Executing, bread and water or torture won't bring back those lost or ease the pain of the families and friends. With that being the case, there just is no fitting answer or punishment.

It's all just a loss, a waste and incredible heartache for those left.

I WOULD gladly execute Rapists and Child molesters and assorted Sickos all day long and I would sleep well at night. I'd prefer to have them in a room with a meter of garden hose for about 6 months before hand but somehow, when I think of this idiot in the truck, There seems to be no satisfaction. The others would have had ill intent and perversion. This guy was just a fktard. Probably just my screwed up mind and it's not that I feel sorry for him but I just can't think of any satisfactory punishment at all being it was such a stupid and pointless thing to have happened.

If offing anyone caused me any second thought, it would be a case like this. Not because I'd feel bad for him but because as you allude to, just wouldn't be enough and I don't know what would be?
    Maybe letting him live with the guilt might be the best thing but again..... perhaps the only thing that might go some way as being fitting for what he has done is use him as an organ donor.... Then again, If he's Fked himself on Drugs, he's probably worthless for that as well. :0(

LSemmens
    Thanks

The reality is no matter what you do, you cannot undo the shit fight and tragedy that has happened. Executing, bread and water or torture won't bring back those lost or ease the pain of the families and friends. With that being the case, there just is no fitting answer or punishment.

It's all just a loss, a waste and incredible heartache for those left.
    Therein lies the problem. How do we punish the guilty. Yes. Killing them solves the immediate problem, but what solves the "future" problems.

Thanks

Killing them solves the immediate problem, but what solves the "future" problems.
    That's the thing isn't it? I don't believe you can. It will never change nor will Human Nature. :0(

Premium Member
    Thanks

Therein lies the problem. How do we punish the guilty. Yes. Killing them solves the immediate problem, but what solves the "future" problems.
    The Tray Truck called to that job must be feeling like he dodged a bullet
    Last edited by ol' boy; 08-05-20 at 11:01 AM.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345