Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4 Police Dead, Driver does a runner...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    This might help for stats.. Fatality statistics - - Safe Work Australia

Interesting Johnno, I wonder what category Police Officers come under in the Occupation section?
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    What a pie in the sky argument.
    To reply to any of the predictable objections you have made would require an amount of respect I long ago lost for anything you say which is again backed up by your latest posting.

You can take comfort in the fact of the shit I don't give for your lefty, bleeding heart opinion and position is truly enormous.

Thanks

I see on the new tonight they have made a big fuss about arresting the driver of the Porsche.
    I wonder if they are going to try and pin the blame for this all on him? Being Vic Police, I'd be amazed if they didn't!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Interesting Johnno, I wonder what category Police Officers come under in the Occupation section?
    I'll take a guess at Public Administration & Safety?
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks

Table 1: Worker fatalities: number of fatalities and fatality rates by occupation, 2018

Occupation Number of fatalities, 2018 2018 fatality rate (fatalities per 100 000 workers)
    Machinery operators and drivers 51 6.2
    Labourers 36 2.9
    Technicians and trades workers 27 1.5
    Managers 16 1.0
    Professionals 8 0.3
    Community and personal service workers 4 0.3
    Clerical and administrative workers 1 0.1
    Sales workers 1 0.1
    Total 144 1.1

Professionals maybe?

Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I'll take a guess at Public Administration & Safety?
    That would be by Industry Tiny
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    This might help for stats.. Fatality statistics - - Safe Work Australia

From your link I found this one of concern

of iatrogenic injuries—the worker died due to medical intervention
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Community and Personal services workers ??

Occupation, Activity sectors, Law enforcement, public safety, civil service, public service rescue, protection of private property..
    Last edited by Johnno; 23-04-20 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks

after looking at the photos if the crash site you can see two major mistakes the cops made i bet that will get covered up.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eeprommemory For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (24-04-20),hinekadon (24-04-20),Mr 672A (24-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

I see the driver of the Pushe was well known to police , being out on bail for numerous other offences including speeding , DUI , drug supply and theft. If the scum was in jail for these offences in the first place then this accident would not have happened.
    Nothing released on the truck driver as yet , looks to be a curry muncher though

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

shred (24-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Truck Driver, a medical episode... OK, we all believe you

Accident took place on the 22nd April, it's now the 24th
    Seems the cause of his injuries (i mean Medical Episode) are being kept very tight lipped

No doubt any person would be in serious shock and that can manifest all kinds of issues
    Last edited by ol' boy; 24-04-20 at 08:59 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    I see the driver of the Pushe was well known to police , being out on bail for numerous other offences including speeding , DUI , drug supply and theft. If the scum was in jail for these offences in the first place then this accident would not have happened.
    Nothing released on the truck driver as yet , looks to be a curry muncher though
    How patheticly Typical on both accounts. Any bets on the origins of the Porsche driver?

I -read- last night that the driver of the Porsche Took Pics of the dead cops and the carnage after the accident, Fled and then posted the pics of the dead cops and the mess on FB. That seemed to be backed up so would explain at least in part why the cops were so keen to get him.

I can see this turning into another Pell case all over again. They will try to put it on him for the deaths of the cops and when they can't they will treat him as guilty as if he did kill them. What ever the lengthy and over complicated Investigation finds, if there was anything wrong the cops did you can bet your backside it will be covered up. Can't make out they were such heros and then say they screwed up.

It would not surprise me in the least to find out that the 40Kmh law had something to do with it and that definitely won't ever be revealed.

Very bloody sad to see the pics of the young bloke that was Killed with his mother just after graduating. The pride and happiness of seeing her son achieve something respectable and then having it all turn to the worst nightmare Imaginable is a pain that can't be described.
    Miserable old pricks like me deserve to be taken in these needless ways, Not bright young kids that do the right things in life and have their whole future ahead of them. That woman worked hard to instil good values in her boy and make sure he didn't turn out to be some low life drain on society and this is the reward she gets for her efforts. Where is the fairness and justice of the universe in that?

If this is supposedly gods way or we are not to understand everything he does, Sorry, but he's a sadistic, low down bastard.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

I -read- last night that the driver of the Porsche Took Pics of the dead cops and the carnage after the accident, Fled and then posted the pics of the dead cops and the mess on FB. That seemed to be backed up so would explain at least in part why the cops were so keen to get him.
    Posting on Facebook wasn't a wise thing to do..
    But the taking photos of the scene is common practise by Police and also every rubber neck that goes by
    In fact, it's good evidence collection that can be used. Aren't Police asking for anyone with video or photos to come forward as we speak?

I can understand the Porsche driver taking some pics to protect himself, then trying fast to upload them off his phone in case his phone was confiscated

The pics were taken in a hurry (judging by the pictures online), and just show the scene, the officers and some bystanders
    Also shows the truck cabin fairly un damaged, no broken windshield, etc

It is hardly what matters and it just a diversion from the real tragedy and/or perhaps the actual cause of the impact
    Very disrespectful for the deceased .... But by the sounds, that Porsche driver doesn't have much respect
    Last edited by ol' boy; 24-04-20 at 10:45 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (24-04-20),lsemmens (24-04-20),tristen (25-04-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,093 Times in 9,097 Posts

Canberra isn't that big in comparison, so the 40 kph rule is not so common. Having just spent heaps of time travelling between Westmead and Canberra, I see what a stupid law this is IMHO.

Half the time you can't see the lights anyway as you're driving along in a semi trailer canyon, with very little or no visibility. Someone over brakes somewhere ahead because they see these lights, and everyone reacts differently. Personally I tend to spend too much time trying to be aware of what is behind me and WHERE they are for fear of being rear ended.

It amazes me that something of this nature hasn't happened already. I'd like to see some reliable figures to indicate whether this rule has actually improved things.

My guess, for what it's worth, is that there were probably mistakes made by ALL parties in this mess. The actions of the lowlife in the Porsche are self evident. It's hardly surprising that he is copping the majority of the sh!t. He's a serial offender and the police were just doing their job. It's also NOT surprising that the truckie, who probably had only an instant to react, had an episode. I probably would have fainted or had a heart attack.

I think the 40 kph law is stupid. I'd much rather people just slowly backed off and were cautious, a concept unenforcable by an absolute law.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (24-04-20),Godzilla (24-04-20),lsemmens (24-04-20),ol' boy (24-04-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    I see the Police raided his house, WHY? Also the News said the Truck driver had drugs in his truck.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Also the News said the Truck driver had drugs in his truck.
    I love it when the news say thing like that, or the Police say they found Cash and Firearms at someones home

There has been Cash and Firearms in this home for years! And if you count painkillers, Drugs too.
    Any farm kid in the Western Districts drives with a rifle in his vehicle and there is always bullets and shells scattered around the passenger seat and footwells.

It can all sound very damming when used by the media or police

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-04-20),SS Dave (24-04-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Only before Xmas 2019 on corner Walker &, Morayfield Rd, Morayfield QLD North Brisbane not far from Bunnings what happened as we left Bunnings and turn the left corner where the traffic light are going towards Petrie and as soon a I got to the first Bend these was a Booze bus in the gravel cut out pulling most cars over and I was one of them, yes the Cop breath tested me, Ask for my license, ask me where do I live (he had the License in his hands) checked my tyres and after this I proceeded to leave. Now that cut out with pot hold that was large enough to hold 20 lts of water in them made it difficult to leave, Also the BOOZE bus the two Cops chase Cars were blocking my view from leaving their safely so I reversed back where the Cops were there, about 8 off them and asked Who was in Charge here and I told him you make it difficult for any person to leave this blind bend as you have only 4 to 5 second to react as If you drive a Manual car and with those Pot Hole you can leave a Stall you car which would leave your car in the middle of the lane and because of this you can say you have had accident caused by the stupidity of the Police. Now the cop said to me if you want complain go to Burpengary Police and ask for,,,,,, ( forget her name) Female superintendent, (Hummm the impression that I got that the Head cop on that blind bend he was told to do his work there in this horrible position and he knew that it was dangerous to be there). All i can say IDIOTS!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

george65 (24-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    I love it when the news say thing like that, or the Police say they found Cash and Firearms at someones home

There has been Cash and Firearms in this home for years! And if you count painkillers, Drugs too.
    Any farm kid in the Western Districts drives with a rifle in his vehicle and there is always bullets and shells scattered around the passenger seat and footwells.

It can all sound very damming when used by the media or police
    I bet you all both the driver of the truck and the Porsche driver will be Charged and if that can't charge them because they don't have a charged they will make one to suit.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

george65 (24-04-20)

Thanks

Seems this grub stood there yelling at a dying police officer how it was her fault his car is damaged. There is also a vid online of him yelling at a lady saying he hopes her cancer comes back and kills her. I think a lot of people will come out of the woodwork about this guy.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to statesmanjeff For This Useful Post:

enf (24-04-20),Godzilla (24-04-20),lsemmens (24-04-20),shred (24-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Imagine if he just drove at the posted speed limit, none of this would have happened.

No deaths, No news story, nothing....

My days of driving fast are long behind me, but even when i did i made sure it was on a country road, in the middle of the night, in either case, there was no one around!
    Speeding like this flog was, in broad daylight, during peak hour, with so many dashcams on the roads just shows his blatant "Zero F@cks Given" attitude even for himself.

When i first saw the older footage of him speeding down the Eastern Fwy, i thought he had a YouTube channel and was doing a "Ghost Rider" style thing by attracting/baiting the Police and then doing a runner.

Turns out he is just a druggo, arrogant, self important flog.
    With the right QC he will probably get off most charges with just the fine
    I'm not sure what law there is for his appalling attitude and lack of any empathy

The dynamic really changes when you consider other reasons for a motorist or police to be stopped in the E Lane.

What if it were just a broken down family in the E Lane? Mum, Dad and the Kids ?? (no need for the 40kph rule)

Or if police were assisting an elderly women with car troubles who was in distress? (40kph rule enforced)
    Last edited by ol' boy; 24-04-20 at 02:40 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-04-20),mandc (24-04-20),shred (24-04-20)

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast