Thread: 350HD Freezing

Thanks

Default 350HD Freezing

I have two 350HD's one in the Lounge and one in bedroom, both worked fine being streamed wirelessly from a server, however, one of them now freezes after around 10 mins of streaming from the server.

it fires up normal and starts streaming the movie fine, but after around 10 mins it freezes and the only way to continue the movie is to re boot the 350 start the movie again, fast forward to where if previously froze, then continue the movie, however, after around 10 mins it freezes again.

the other 350 still works fine.

any help would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Here is a link to the latest firmware not sure if that will help. Unzip - copy to the device then click on the file from the 350's file menu and let it do its thing. You might have to re setup tcpip, nas and ftp setting after its flashed but that no big deal.

If at some point in the future it stops and starts flashing its blue led you might find this useful

Thanks

thanks Systemrat, however I did install the latest firmware already, that was the first thing I tried, unfortunatly it made no difference.

"BUGGER"

thanks for the advice regarding the Blue LED

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that perhaps try swaping the power supply from one to the other and see if the fault follows.

It's a shame these cant be made to play .mkv files I just got a HD tv and a lot of the stuff is in .mkv format and conversion to avi is a hassle.

Thanks

tried changing the power supply but no joy, it still freezes. comes up with a message something like "the file type cannot be played or the file is corrupt"

I did find one thing interesting, as I picked up the unit it sounded as though something was loose inside, so I took the cover HDD cover off and tipped it up (making sure no power was connected) somthing was loose but it was onder the Circut board part, anyway, I moved the unit around untill it finaly dropped out. it was a piece of metal, looks like a metal cover off some component, it's 14mm long and 5mm wide and it's obviously a cover off something. no way am i going to open up and expose the circut board to take a peek, could Annul the warranty!

I take your point about the .mkv format, been there, tried that, had no success. that could turn out to be another "BUGGER" I am about to swap my old TV for a 1080p panel too

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

If its still under warranty return it. Never know your luck they might replace it with a 450. If its from CPL make sure you have a reciept for its delivery as a friend had a few problems with them when they claimed to have lost it.

I read up on .mkv files and it seems the chip in the 350 cant handle it so no firmware is going to fix that issue.

PS I had trouble with the NDAS software not copying stuff 100% - I now use ftp which is a bit of a pain but more reliable in the result. With NDAS it would come up incompadable which was due to bits missing during the copy.

Thanks

yeh I should be able to find the warranty. a 450 would be nice, I wonder if they are any easier to set up than the 350, I had a bugger of a time with them. still once you get to set one up successfully it's easy.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

450's don't have NDAS, so if you are a simpleton, they r harder to set up (450's with Vista are a bitch!!!!!)
    They play the exact same files... no real advantage at all. Just HDMI out... which is of little help unless you are playing 7.1 audio.
    Which i don't think they can handle anyway

Thanks

I dont use NDAS anyway. I just have a box with 5 x 500GB HDD's driven by XP into a Linksys router, works fine, untill this little adventure with the 350.

I keep the multimeadia separate from the main internet network which has Vista & XP puters served from a D-Link router, saves having kids stuff up the multimedia, bad enough now having to continualy fix the network. all the crap they download with Limewire.