Thread: Top YouTube Earners

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default Top YouTube Earners

Holy smoke, an 8 year old earns $26M US a year from YouTube!
    And the year before that, $22M US

And if that is what YouTube paid him directly, what on earth did YouTube earn???

It sure is a changing world we live in and during COVID-19, these YouTubes are probably earning more than ever!
    Just shows where the money is.

Personally, i'm waiting for the next platform to blow YouTube out of the water, as its become very restrictive to content creators and demands they delete videos or have thier channel taken down or threats of being demonitised.

Here are the top ten YouTube earners for 2019, according to Forbes' estimates:

Ryan Kaji - $26 million
    Dude Perfect - $20 million
    Anastasia Radzinskaya - $18 million
    Rhett and Link - $17.5 million
    Jeffree Star - $17 million
    Preston Arsement - $14 million
    PewDiePie - $13 million
    Markiplier - $13 million
    DanTDM - $12 million
    Vanoss Gaming - $11.5 million

Very interesting that the Top Earners are not necessarily the Top Subscribed channels:

The Most-Subscribed YouTubers and Channels

T-Series (129m subscribers)
    PewDiePie (103m subscribers) ...
    Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes (73.8m subscribers) ...
    SET India (65.6m subscribers) ...
    5-Minute Crafts (64.6m subscribers) ...
    Canal KondZilla (55.7m subscribers) ...
    WWE (55m subscribers) ...
    Justin Bieber (51.5m subscribers) ...

I'm still losing my mind that an 8 year old (with help from his parents) has bagged almost $50m US in the past 24 months
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-04-20 at 11:20 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Supermega (30-04-20),tonyw1 (27-04-20)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Personally, i'm waiting for the next platform to blow YouTube out of the water, as its become very restrictive to content creators and demands they delete videos or have thier channel taken down or threats of being demonitised.
    I get a fraction of what I used to even though I have double the subs and 4x the views. Couldn't work out what was going on till I realised they slashed the pay rates.

Other than pewdepie who I looked at a couple of times to see what the top ( at the time) YT earner did, I have never watched or heard of any of those channels and I am a Big YT watcher.

What I constantly marvel at is people who put a lot of effort and expense into producing quality vids that have been doing it for years and have less than 20K subs.
    Then I have come across Vids that all that seems to happen is the Asian host screams into the camera a lot and has Text emblazoned across the screen every 10 sec as they burn noodles on a camp fire and has millions of subs.

I'm not sure any other platform will be able to knock YT off it's perch now. YT would have to do something cataclysmic in the way of a fk up to open the door to anyone. The amount of server space they must have and the market penetration would see to that and if anyone does come along, they just up their rates for content creators and put the others out of Business.
    Google is one of the biggest companies in the world so who has the ability to take them on anyway?

The way they run things and their ethics are deplorable now but they have the monopoly and I can't see them loosing it.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

The way they run things and their ethics are deplorable now but they have the monopoly and I can't see them loosing it.
    ...yeah, shows in ebay operations as well...and google search results...all the same mob...