Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCL Tv's

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Default TCL Tv's

My job has been coronad so I'm looking at one of these cheap 65" TV's. They seem to be good bang for buck with all the features! But how is the picture? It has their version of 200hz refresh so should be good for sport and fast moving stuff.

........Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

i bought a cheaper 55 inch model for the missus, i'm very impressed with it.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    i bought a cheaper 55 inch model for the missus, i'm very impressed with it.....
    I had a quick look today and compared the 75" version with a Samsung. Very good picture really and $1000 difference! ($1295 compared to $2295)

no 65" in stock. Stock surprisingly seems to be a problem with the corona virus atm.

Premium Member
    Thanks

i bought one for a friend about 4yrs ago they are very pleased with it

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I had a quick look today and compared the 75" version with a Samsung. Very good picture really and $1000 difference! ($1295 compared to $2295)

no 65" in stock. Stock surprisingly seems to be a problem with the corona virus atm.
    until you use it at night. Most LCD Tv's fail at Night and this is the way to check them not in a Room with plenty of TV's with the overhead light on that are so bright that you need to use Sun glasses.

By the way if you loyalty to this country that we live in I would not buy Anything that is China.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    ...By the way if you loyalty to this country that we live in I would not buy Anything that is China.
    Ha,ha,ha!

They're all made in China these days, even the much-praised Sony units.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

DB44 (15-05-20),LeroyPatrol (07-05-20),Tiny (07-05-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

I have a 48 or some thing, 5 years old, kids (adults) use it with their play station, still going ok
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

I stumbled across the TCL firmware web page if interested in upgrading the tv's operating system.

• The Following User Says Thank You to joezep For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (09-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joezep View Post
    I stumbled across the TCL firmware web page if interested in upgrading the tv's operating system.

good to see regular updates. I popped into the local store and still nil stock.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

By the way if you loyalty to this country that we live in I would not buy Anything that is China.
    I'm very loyal to this country that my ancestors go back many generations of all Aussies. I also despise China for what they have done and what they stand for.

Please tell me what Brand TV is made in Oz I can buy?

I too don't want to buy Chinese but right now, with the way we have been sold up the river, there is a whole shitload of things that just aren't made anywhere else BUT China and you have no alternative to buy things made anywhere else.

I Really hope one thing to come out of this China weaponised Flu is we do crank up our manufacturing and pride in Australian made products the way it used to be when I was a kid.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    My job has been coronad so I'm looking at one of these cheap 65" TV's.
    I'd HIGHLY suggest getting the extended warranty. Save me on NAME brands a Couple of times when they shit themselves.

I'm not impressed with any brand Names atm. I had an LG that fell over in 11 Months. They replaced it no problems but still, WTF am I paying as you say, $1000 more for a good brand when it doesen't even last a year. The place that we went back to for the new ones sid we weren't the only people to have them fall over around the 12 Month mark.

Year before Last my father paid a LOT for a Panasonic. Fell over at the 14 Month mark. He went back to where he bought it and they said stiff shit, out of warranty. I nearly shit a Kidney when he told me and went up there 2 days later. Went into the store with him and the guy said if this is about the TV, it's out of warranty.
    I leaned over the counter and quietly said " You and I both know that's a complete and utter crock of shit. You don't pay Nearly $4k for a TV to last 14 Months. Now you can do this the right way or I can dedicate all of the too much time I have on my hands and turn this into a shitfight like you have never seen. Do you want to do it the easy way or the other way?" 3 days later they came picked it up, next day they rang and said we will give you a credit / refund. What a wise Decision.

He then bought a Sony and that developed a distinct line across it also about a year later. Sony sent someone out who took one look at it and said yeah, current set, we'll send another one... which they brought back a few days later and took the other ( can't really say old) one away. Not like the things are on all day and night or get moved around.

Daughter bought one of those Hisense things a few years back. not had any problems and the picture and sound seems very good to me. A lot of these TV's use the same LCDs and boards anyway. If you are in the know you can pick the cheapies with the good components.

At least with the extra warranty you give yourself a better chance on a low price unit. If the thing falls over at 22 Months, harder to argue a cheap set should last X years. With a 5 year warranty, who gives a shit? I think it's JB just give you a store credit for what you paid so you go get the latest one.

I know of a Photographer that is pretty hard on his gear. At about the 11 Month mark he puts the body or flash or whatever in a Microwave and gives it a zap for a couple of seconds.
    If it still works he zaps it again. Fks all the circuitry and everything else so they just give him a new one and off he goes again. Also heard of someone that had a phone they kept fixing but it was never right. Gave it bit of a warm up in the microwave, dead as, gave him a new one, no more troubles.

I can't get my 4.5 yo TV in a Microwave but I can pull the magnetron out of an old oven, put it next to the TV and turn it on from a good Distance! :0)

Thanks

Hang on a sec,

I am sorry to point this out, but: A bit late for that is is int it ? That horse ran 15 races ago!! The horse has gone, the homeless used the gate for firewood and the hajis made daggers from the hinges.

The masses spoke with their wallets long ago, at Kmart and Target Etal, cheap clothes, cheap tools, electronics, kids toys, you name it, we want it all!

Crap all of it, it sold ok, but its YOU all destroyed so many small producing Australian communities, the shit would not have been imported if dumb arse Aussies did not buy it. Aussies did this not Chiacoms or Yanks, our own kin did this!! Descendants of Anzacs, plus a some ring ins.

Put our production and development down the shite tube!!! for nix! Don't cry now the goose is cooked and only the Prime tax collector remains. Those Dago ladies at the Phillips, Awa, etc TV and radio factories? Like the rest no jobs, make mine a Sanyo, no Baofeng!

Transfer production to China, Black and Decker, Kmart, Target, Bunnings, this is all self inflicted injury, but its cheap, Now your kid needs a job, need an apprenticeship? put him on on a plane, suck it up I say, you all called it on with your wallets! Self inflicted injury.

I laugh like F.. when I see cretins Aussies with the best of intentions protest for jobs or whatever, dressed in imported cheapo Kmart crap clothing saying "support Australian jobs" . f wankers all of them, I support them but look at what they are wearing and despair.

Sorry to offend but a spade is a spade and self inflicted injury used to be a chargeable offense.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

jaap (15-05-20),LeroyPatrol (10-05-20),TVguy (15-05-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Be careful guys, my son's wife was "made in China" and she is wonderful! All of my kids have married wonderful partners. Now! Back to China Bashing!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (15-05-20),gulliver (15-05-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Please tell me what Brand TV is made in Oz I can buy?

I too don't want to buy Chinese but right now, with the way we have been sold up the river, there is a whole shitload of things that just aren't made anywhere else BUT China and you have no alternative to buy things made anywhere else.

I Really hope one thing to come out of this China weaponised Flu is we do crank up our manufacturing and pride in Australian made products the way it used to be when I was a kid.
    We use to make TV in the 70s, we use to make VCR in the 70's, We use to have two Aircraft Carries in the 70' but now we make FUC.K all and make fuc.k all.
    I love tv's, I will never by anything that is Chinese again No Hisense No TCL NO anything that made in china.
    Now I know we make nothing but Sony Is a Good Tv, they make good LCD Tv's at the lower end of $ and the higher end $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. LG Make a lot of LCD's Most are IPS Rubbish that I dont like but most today want a TV for wide viewing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Be careful guys, my son's wife was "made in China" and she is wonderful! All of my kids have married wonderful partners. Now! Back to China Bashing!
    Wont be long before all of us will be at WAR with China. The only thing that save us is the American Fleets above us in the Pacific. I think its time to invite the US Pacific Fleets to park itself in Darwin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hca View Post
    Hang on a sec,

I am sorry to point this out, but: A bit late for that is is int it ? That horse ran 15 races ago!! The horse has gone, the homeless used the gate for firewood and the hajis made daggers from the hinges.

The masses spoke with their wallets long ago, at Kmart and Target Etal, cheap clothes, cheap tools, electronics, kids toys, you name it, we want it all!

Crap all of it, it sold ok, but its YOU all destroyed so many small producing Australian communities, the shit would not have been imported if dumb arse Aussies did not buy it. Aussies did this not Chiacoms or Yanks, our own kin did this!! Descendants of Anzacs, plus a some ring ins.

Put our production and development down the shite tube!!! for nix! Don't cry now the goose is cooked and only the Prime tax collector remains. Those Dago ladies at the Phillips, Awa, etc TV and radio factories? Like the rest no jobs, make mine a Sanyo, no Baofeng!

Transfer production to China, Black and Decker, Kmart, Target, Bunnings, this is all self inflicted injury, but its cheap, Now your kid needs a job, need an apprenticeship? put him on on a plane, suck it up I say, you all called it on with your wallets! Self inflicted injury.

I laugh like F.. when I see cretins Aussies with the best of intentions protest for jobs or whatever, dressed in imported cheapo Kmart crap clothing saying "support Australian jobs" . f wankers all of them, I support them but look at what they are wearing and despair.

Sorry to offend but a spade is a spade and self inflicted injury used to be a chargeable offense.
    Well its about time to fix this issue but we need a Strong Leader with Balls but its had to do this in a country like Australia because the opposition opposes everything, The GREENS make me puke.

Thanks

You can not park the us fleet in DARWIN because the Chinese own it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Ha,ha,ha!

They're all made in China these days, even the much-praised Sony units.
    Yes I know that as most of the Components inside come from China but It has to stop and after this Covid 19 shit It will stop according my friend that worked for Sony in Japan. Yes Japan has been given china heaps about this Covid 19 stuff and the same time Replies from china was like us in Australia that china wants to boycott buying our stuff but the difference is for Japan the Chinese has reminded what happened in WW2. Yes Also some LG OLED Panels have been coming from China (Gen 8.5 from Guangzhew )and because of manufacture issue they have stopped for the moment. Funny thing about China is they have smiles on one Chinese Face but at the other end you have the arrogant communist party dictating to everyone.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 16-05-20 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    You can not park the us fleet in DARWIN because the Chinese own it
    Yes another mistake buy out stupid Government Govenment to sell it two or three years ago. I wonder if the Chinese can dictate who parks in it. Surly Australian Govenment cant be that stupid to not have a Claus as to what can park in it. Most ports are owned by other Countries including Sydney which is partly owned by the Chinese and other. What in the Fu.k Australia is thinking about selling everything AFAIK you cant buy anything in China.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 16-05-20 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks

Anyhow back to TCL as they are about to release the new series 8 in Oz (the first one in the US had issues being passive )MINI Led that can get up to 4000 nits @ a 25% window. I would like to get the Sony Z9G that can get up to 4000 nits and has 720 Zones which will limit blooming I say limit but its to expensive.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 16-05-20 at 11:16 AM.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast