Thread: Challenger v10 Type B mini usb connect to titan software manual

Thanks

Default Challenger v10 Type B mini usb connect to titan software manual

Hi,
    I am after instructions to connect challenger v10 to my titan software. I have been told to use mini USB however the instructions are different. When I go into the service menu and type 29 to get the security password to input into the Titan software its not that option anymore. Would be muchly appreciated if I can get some new instruction for Downloading Information from Tecom Challenger Panel. Also Do I need an upgraded titan software?

Thank you
    Mitch

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Download and install the latest version of Titan. It's free no rego required.
    Install it over the top of the version you are using. It updates the database.
    Make sure that you make a copy of the Titan DB before you do this

There are 2 x versions of USB. On the older panel its Mini and the newer panels are Micro.

You will need to the version of the panel. Menu Installer code / 19 / 11 / 1 You need to know if it is a V10-06-**** or lower than "06" EG 02 or 04
    Create a new system in Titan. Under Admin Challenger choose the panel type Challenger 10 or Challenger 10 (pre 10-06)

Plug in your USB cable. You should hear a ding dong sound to say the pc has found the panel.
    If not you will need to load the driver.

To find the password (probably default 10 x 0) Installer menu 19/9/2/2 Screen should show Path2 USB installer. Press enter 1 then enter. enter again and it should say YES-Enabled. If not change it to yes using the */menu key press enter until you get to acc code. Should be 0001. press enter again until you get to P/wrd. It is a 10 digit P/wrd
    Don't make any other changes.
    Panel after 10-04-** have USB on by default.
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Poody For This Useful Post:

secure (19-05-20)

Thanks

Thank you so much for the reply. Im not sure exactly what happen but I connected the system up and for some reason when I clicked download Users & Installer from panel I only for the users and all inputs and areas deleted..
    Sorry probably silly question as I only deal with mostly integrity Inner range. How do I assign my input zones to an area to put them in a alarm group?

Thank you again!

Thanks

If you did a download from a newly created system with no programming in it then you have over writtern all of the programing in the panel with blank data.

In the input programming you allocate the input to an area or area group. (usually just an area)
    You also select the alarm type. By default it will be type 2, which is instant when the area is armed.

How large was the system?
    Everything will have been defaulted to the software defaults.
    It may be better to do a hardware default then upload that into the software. That will give you a place to start.
    The first 16 inputs programmed etc.

Thanks

Hey mate,
    thanks again for your reply. If it it did wipe it then why wouldn't it wipe all the users aswell not just inputs and areas? There is 10 inputs I need to make names up which is all good however having issues trying to set it to an area? When I assign a user to to the alarm group, the user still does not have access to arm or disarm. Im most likley having issues understanding how put an area in the alarm group as this is what you do with concept. The 14.1.30 - 34 where can I find this in to see what areas are in those alarm groups?
    I have linked a few screen shots.
    Thank you

Last edited by mitch04; 21-05-20 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks

I have sent you a PM