Thread: Bosch Alarm System No Code & Instant Alarm on Power Up

Thanks

Question Bosch Alarm System No Code & Instant Alarm on Power Up

Hi all,

So I’ve recently moved into a house, that has a Bosch Alarm System which we want to get up and working.
    The previous owner doesn’t know the code, and I’ve tried 2580 but not joy, the alarm still continues to sound.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, we’ve got 4 children one who has a disability and having the system set up to alert us if he decides to wander off when we’re asleep would be an amazing help.

Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdo1992 View Post
    Hi all,

So I’ve recently moved into a house, that has a Bosch Alarm System which we want to get up and working.
    The previous owner doesn’t know the code, and I’ve tried 2580 but not joy, the alarm still continues to sound.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, we’ve got 4 children one who has a disability and having the system set up to alert us if he decides to wander off when we’re asleep would be an amazing help.

Thanks in advance.
    1234 is the default installer code for Bosch systems, you could try that and see if it allows you access. It's unlikely to be honest, if the master code has changed then odds are the installer code will have been reprogrammed too. There is a system default button in the main panel that you need to hold down while powering up the system, if that doesn't work then the panel has been locked out. I would suggest that you have a professional installer take a look as depending on the keypad you have they can be tricky to navigate. They could also help you with securing the house for your kiddie, maybe reed switches on the main doors might help.

Thanks

Probably need a tech to service it and reset codes. Or start at 0000 and go to 9999.

Thanks

Solution panels will default to booting in AWAY mode, so any zone going unsealed will cause an alarm unless it's a delay zone.

To be clear, you're definitely entering the code and then the AWAY key to disarm, yes? If not, you need to use the AWAY key to submit the code.

The system can be factory defaulted (generally, although this can be disabled in programming) without the code from the main board. However, this will reset all settings including zone types, dialler settings and the like. You can reprogram from the keypad with *some* ease (depending on your skill level) but this can be tricky if you're not familiar with the system. Alarm technicians will be able to reprogram this panel for you if you can't. If you're so inclined to try it yourself, the installation manuals have the defaulting procedure - if you hear relay clicks while attempting this, defaulting has been disabled and you'll need the original codes or to replace the panel.