Thread: Which CBAND 5G Filter LNBF Would you get. (Mediastar)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Which CBAND 5G Filter LNBF Would you get. (Mediastar)

I'm trying to pick one of the two Mediastar 5G LNBF to get ready when out tower goes 5G. Also I'm worried about a small dish size as my dish is 2.3M Prime Focus mesh.

Both LNBF's are Mediastar
    One is 14 Degrees with NO PLL Untra High Gain Model 5002

OR

This one is 15 Degree but has PLL Ultra High Gain Model 5052

No Doubt the 15 Degree PLL would be better (most say this) but what I'm worrying about is the 2.3M dish and its lower gain and I dont want to use the 15 Degree PLL LNBF if I'm going to lose some transponders (lower gain) because the other is 1K better (if that would make a difference) but has NO PLL.
    By the way I never uses a PLL before. Also I dong care about the cable entries as I have the same as the 5002 NOW so the 5052 is better as its 90 degree to the connections and it would be easier under the plastic Cover. Anyhow I'm not worried about the connections, all Im worried about is losing some of my Transponder due to the 5G and the Filtering itself might make the LNBF less effective on a smaller dish.

By the way My main satellite box that controls the Diseqc for all the sats I use is the Ultimo 4K and on some Satellite it hard to get a lock (about 10 to 20 seconds) so that can come in consideration because I think that the PLL could help this but again if the PLL will lose some Transponders I wont get it.
    Thanks

What would you do (the Pros and the conns between the two)
    Thanks All
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 24-05-20 at 12:15 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I'm trying to pick one of the two Mediastar 5G LNBF to get ready when out tower goes 5G. Also I'm worried about a small dish size as my dish is 2.3M Prime Focus mesh.

Both LNBF's are Mediastar
    One is 14 Degrees with NO PLL Untra High Gain Model 5002

OR

Thanks All
    I notice something new. seems like the best LNB feedhorn combo.

and

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    I notice something new. seems like the best LNB feedhorn combo.

and

Old Post re-lived.
    Anyhow
    I bought this, our tower is been done for 5G and waiting to be turned on. got two type, one DRO and one PLL. Yes I need twin output because I have multiswitch on all my dishes

The other link for the DRO is gone as the seller has sold out and taken the link off.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

hos here (27-09-20)