Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Is China Up To Now!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Default What Is China Up To Now!

So you want to talk about China.

Looks they they are doing some very aggressive tactical moves right now in the South China Sea.
    China’s bold military move against US in the South China Sea
    Chairman Xi Jinping has deployed two new aircraft carriers in a move designed to stoke tensions with the US and ultimately, Australia.

The US could no longer win a war against China
    China’s navy has just completed a mission that has left US officials terrified – and it has serious implications for Australia’s security.

What are they really after? Taiwan, some more islands or a conflict with the USA?

Is this just a smoke screen to take attention away from what they are up to in Honk Kong.
    Chinese government pushes new law to bring Hong Kong further under its control
    China has launched one of its biggest bids for power since the coronavirus pandemic began, leading to massive protests.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

China flags willingness to 'retake Taiwan' with aggressive tactics
    Sydney Morning Herald International Editor Peter Hartcher says the Chinese communist party has offered a “deliberate signal” that they are prepared to ramp up aggressive tactics in a bid to rejoin Taiwan to China. Mr Hartcher told Sky News that Chinese leaders left out a “critical part of its traditional phraseology” when discussing the reunification of the two nations during the National People’s Congress. “For decades China has talked about its working towards the peaceful reunification with Taiwan, [but] the word ‘peaceful’ was dropped from the official work report – for the first time in decades,” he said. “This isn’t an accident. "The significance of the one word is that, apart from the authority of the President Xi Jinping himself, there is no more sensitive political issue in China than the status of Taiwan. “This is a very deliberate signal that while China has never renounced the use of force to what it calls ‘retake Taiwan’, it has now changed the emphasis.” Image: AP
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

^ Looks like the MSM have their new 'news' feature for the week

China’s bold military move against US in the South China Sea
    Chairman Xi Jinping has deployed two new aircraft carriers in a move designed to stoke tensions with the US and ultimately, Australia.
    Alarmist claptrap to scare the sheeple............the chink carriers would not survive five minutes against the yanks who have been perfecting aircraft carrier operations for the past 80 years..........the chinks have barely started

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

what a time to start a war with the corona virus distraction.

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (27-05-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post

Alarmist claptrap to scare the sheeple............the chink carriers would not survive five minutes against the yanks who have been perfecting aircraft carrier operations for the past 80 years..........the chinks have barely started
    No matter who anyone thinks would win, this has escalated in recent weeks.
    It will not be good for anyone if this gets above threatening behaviour.

here is an interesting opinion from, James Stavridis, retired U.S. Navy admiral and former supreme allied commander of NATO.

I spent most of my seagoing career in the Pacific, and sailed many times through the humid waters of the South China Sea. It’s a big body of water, the size of the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico combined. The sea bottom is full of oil and natural gas. Nearly 40% of the world’s international shipping passes through it.

China wrongly claims most of it as territorial seas. And as relations between the U.S. and China deteriorate into coronavirus finger-pointing and election-year posturing, the chances for a conflict in those waters are rising. In recent weeks, several U.S. warships — including a destroyer I commanded in the early 1990s, the Barry — have been confronted by the Chinese while conducting patrols. Why has this body of water become such a flashpoint, and what can be done to avoid an incident that could set off something bigger?

The historical underpinnings of China’s claims go back to the voyages of a 15th-century admiral, Zheng He. I wrote about him in my recent book, “Sailing True North,” and every time I met my Chinese counterparts at port visits and exercises, they would toast Zheng He. And with good reason. His explorations of the South China Sea, Indian Ocean and African and Arabian waters are legendary.

But they’re no legal basis for China to claim the entire South China Sea as its private lake. The argument has been firmly rejected by all other nations that surround that body of water, and by international courts.

To push back against Chinese claims, the U.S. Navy conducts so-called freedom of navigation patrols, designed to demonstrate that these are international waters — “high seas” in the parlance of international law.

These patrols can be tense. A couple of decades ago, when I was a commodore in command of a group of destroyers there, several of my ships conducted such missions. They consisted of sailing right through Chinese-claimed waters, which today contain artificial islands that the Chinese have built and militarized with missiles, airstrips, long-range guns and troops.

The Chinese will often overfly the destroyers — the jets sometimes just a few dozen feet in front of the bow — or send their own frigates and destroyers to challenge the U.S. warships. This can consist of hailing and making threats on bridge-to-bridge radios, shining precise fire-control radars to “illuminate” our ships, pointing missiles and guns in the general direction of U.S. forces and sailing far too close for safety. I counseled each of my destroyer captains to remain steady, avoid unnecessary confrontation and report back to me continuously, while I made reports to high authorities. It was always a white-knuckle experience, and my staff and I breathed a sigh of relief each time one of our ships finished the job.

During the recent patrols, the Barry and another destroyer, the Bunker Hill, were confronted by Chinese vessels, but they avoided an escalation. These missions will continue to inflame U.S.-Chinese relations, and are likely to be repeated more often as the year goes on. Much as U.S. ships are now finding the balance between confrontation and harassment from Iranian boats in the Gulf, they will need to do so in the South China Sea, where the stakes are higher.

The key for the U.S. is to gradually bend Chinese behavior without breaking the international relationship in a way that leads into a Cold War or armed conflict. The best way to do that is to bring more international allies into the freedom of navigation patrols (including North Atlantic Treaty Organization partners along with Australia and Japan); increase U.S. engagement with Taiwan, particularly in military-to-military cooperation; insist on a full-blown international investigation into the Wuhan outbreak of the coronavirus; and build stronger relations with other nations around the littoral of the South China Sea.

These confrontational measures should be accompanied by a basket of offers to gain China’s cooperation. These could include furthering trade and tariff agreements that provide access to U.S. markets beyond the “phase one” measures negotiated shortly before the pandemic; cooperating on Arctic trade routes and environmental norms there, something Beijing highly desires; conducting joint humanitarian operations; working to create “norms of behavior” between the two nations’ naval forces (much as Russia and the U.S. have hammered out); and exploring strategic and tactical arms-control agreements.

In essence, confront where we must, but cooperate where we can. Henry Kissinger warned several months ago that he sees the U.S. and China as being “in the foothills of a Cold War.” While I like his mountainous metaphor, we should also look to the sea to gauge how contentious this relationship is about to become. The forecast for the South China Sea is choppy weather indeed.
    Last edited by Tiny; 26-05-20 at 06:03 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-05-20),LeroyPatrol (26-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

American Forces have been occupying Darwin since 2012 now, even pushed some of our own out....

Maybe we should look at whom started it
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-05-20 at 09:25 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    America have been occupying Darwin for 4 years now, even pushed our own out....

Maybe we should look at whom started it
    Really? China has the harbour......

Reading the rags this morning Eachway, Fitzgibbon and the rest are about to unfurl the white flags.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Really?.
    Yup, US Marines have been in our old Darwin Tank Core for the last 4 years...
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

And? I don't see the relevance...

Who started what? As far as I can see, no one has started anything...except a virus and a whole bunch threatening innuendo, followed by a ramping up of the sell out by Dan the Manchurian.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-05-20),george65 (26-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    And? I don't see the relevance...

Who started what?
    The Chess Game

100's of similar news reports over the passed 4 years
    I'm not saying China is losing any sleep over a pissy 2500 US Troops based in Darwin with some ashtray change being spent on a new Military facility
    But it's a posturing move all the same, just as what China is doing.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-05-20 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

The easiest way to put China in their place would be to just stop all trade, in and out. When THEY loose the US as well as every other western market as well as the resources they need from them, they might get a wakeup call. The chinese don't have a lot of their own resources so are in fact when push comes to shove, a lot more dependent on other countries than we are on them. We wouldn't trade with them if hostilities broke out so what the problem with pulling the pin before they do?

Sure, would make things difficult but a lot less painful than going to war which seems to be what the Chinese are hell bent on starting.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

loanrangiel (27-05-20),Mr 672A (27-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Too many Politicians and People in high places with very greased hands is our problem.

You make some good points there george.
    But all i see when out on the water is ship after ship that looks like this... (taken yesterday)
    And i don't even live in an area that see's many ships at all, compared to the East Coast or WA.
    Loaded with Containers with "CHINA" stamped on them... Inbound.
    Many refrigerated too.

This one got it right, send them to the bottom

Last edited by ol' boy; 26-05-20 at 10:39 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (27-05-20)

Thanks

Hopefully now things have quietened down a bit they are not desperately needed.

Those masks would dry out ok from a bit of seawater. Very rare to get anything useful for free in the lucky country these days.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    what a time to start a war with the corona virus distraction.
    More and more this goes on I think the Covid 19 was deliberately done to weaken the west forces. Trust me they will be a WAR soon, mainy before 2025
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 27-05-20 at 11:26 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

The Chinese has new toys and when you have new toys you want to use them. Look at Germany in 1935 to the start of WW2 they had new toys and wanted to use them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

It seems atm China are wanting to take on everyone.... all at once.
    Not just Oz they are having a bitch at, it's NZ, hong Kong, Taiwan, India and even the US.

They might be powerful and I was reading stories from a few months back they were tightening relations with Russia and Iran as well as N. Korea but even still, they are biting off a lot to chew the way they are going.

Thanks

We just need one missile targeted at the 3 gorges dam, problem solved.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (28-05-20),george65 (27-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

F#ck them, seize all Chinese assets in this country, and don’t let them invest here at all, I can’t stand the pompous shits, I mean their government and rich fat cats, not the average Chinese (if there is such a thing).
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (27-05-20),Jma (27-05-20),LeroyPatrol (27-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

It's pretty simple. The Trumpet now has a chance to blow his horn.

Starting with a commission into Coronavirus and exposing them as responsible. They've already demonstrated they don't want to be held accountable or liable.
    Denial is the asian and communist way. Tell them they have a choice, they can face the music or be tried absentia.

Don't want to turn up, don't want to be a functioning member of the global community. No probs, maybe we'll support outright independence for Hong Kong.
    What? Did you say Taiwan too? Oh right ... got it, you're happy to turn up at the UN and answer some questions.

Same thing I mentioned before about Australian Barley. The Australian government via Scomo needs to humiliate China. There's no need to hurt them, just stop the ####ers thinking they can save face. Import tarrifs for Fortune cookies. Make this joke look as serious as possible so the whole world laughs and understands it is our response to a chinese bully and that their fvcktardary won't hurt us and won't be tollerated.
    Wanna keep it up, we'll call for a commission at the UN about Chinese traditional medicine and the kind of fvcktardary they've been getting up to there.

Politics, you'd think the Australian government would have learned to stop sucking chinese cock and harden the fvck up before Australians discover how to elect a moderate right wing cross bench.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (28-05-20),alpha0ne (28-05-20),enf (28-05-20),hinekadon (28-05-20),LeroyPatrol (30-05-20),Mr 672A (28-05-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    F#ck them, seize all Chinese assets in this country, and don’t let them invest here at all, I can’t stand the pompous shits, I mean their government and rich fat cats, not the average Chinese (if there is such a thing).
    I've met the average Chinese, they are very friendly and hospitable. If I could speak the language, I'd happily live with them. Like most countries, once you get past the BS of the "upper" class, the average Joe is not unlike you or I.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast