Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: US riots

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    It's like some of them think that wearing a badge gives them some power above the law.
    I agree wholeheartedly BUT, I don't blame the cops individually, it is in the culture/ training/ Directives and attitude from above. Even the new recruits have an attitude and they didn't develop that in 10 min on the job, that's something they were taught and instilled in their training.

They are all the same in my experience and that is not an individual position, it has to be taught and fostered from the hierarchy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

RFI-EMI-GUY (17-06-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Most probably would, but they also seem to have the same unbiased totally true source of information you appear to have, or maybe they choose the information that supporst their narrow view of the world too.

Not sure where the lying in court bit comes from, but I agree that some professions (doctors and psychs) do have the similar intimidative powers and are also pretty keen to use them when they get their nose out of joint too.

Thankfully, most of the people in these professions are quite normal and reasonable, but it only takes a couple of total knobs to really fvck things up for you, if they choose to.
    Que??

I don't have an unbiased source, and I never said I did ....Jeez.... Inventing things are we?

The ABC is totally left wing biased and corrupted IMO. The others are biased in their own way too. Its just that all but one use their own money. The ABC uses mine, and yours, to lie, misrepresent and distort the news. The others do too, but that's their prerogative as they fund themselves.

Brings me back to the original comment. I still fail to see the point of your post. We ALL know that bad cops exist. So what?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (17-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Que??

I don't have an unbiased source, and I never said I did ....Jeez.... Inventing things are we?

The ABC is totally left wing biased and corrupted IMO. The others are biased in their own way too. Its just that all but one use their own money. The ABC uses mine, and yours, to lie, misrepresent and distort the news. The others do too, but that's their prerogative as they fund themselves.

Brings me back to the original comment. I still fail to see the point of your post. We ALL know that bad cops exist. So what?
    You,ve probably just confused yourself with bringing up the media... Which I still fail to see the point of..

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You,ve probably just confused yourself with bringing up the media... Which I still fail to see the point of..
    ?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    on it now!!

But, please make sure you dont call police when something bad happens to you or your family....just suffer in your own paranoia
    In this country we are told to call the police but where I come from we dont call the Police we deal the matter our self. Calling the Police is a coward ways of dealing with a issue. Have ever heard ethnics saying "Eye for a Eye " here in Australia we must ring the Police when something happens and you know what happens when young trash trashes your house to steal something or steal your car NOTHING!!!!!!!!! The Courts give that scum a suspended sentence and the next day they go and re-offend again. You must be paranoid because you think all Police are good but in my Experience I found some rotten apple as plenty of member here have said before. There is good and bad in all walks of life or haven't you noticed this.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

george65 (17-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

I have no history with police in Australia (or any other Country)

But I have thought about it .... what would happen ? .... and how would you handle it ? .... if the Cops called on you or called you in to the Police Station and Police started to abuse you physically or even verbally because you didn't know anything or they thought you were giving them the wrong answers

we have all heard of cops who ruff you up at the Police station behind closed doors ... or put the high pressure hose on someone etc ...
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

I got the telephone book treatment back in the late 70's

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (17-06-20),RFI-EMI-GUY (17-06-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    I got the telephone book treatment back in the late 70's
    No phone books now, we just slap you with the keyboard with the yellow pages homepage open!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

WhiteOx (17-06-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    I have no history with police in Australia (or any other Country)

But I have thought about it .... what would happen ? .... and how would you handle it ? .... if the Cops called on you or called you in to the Police Station and Police started to abuse you physically or even verbally because you didn't know anything or they thought you were giving them the wrong answers

we have all heard of cops who ruff you up at the Police station behind closed doors ... or put the high pressure hose on someone etc ...
    Yea yea yea, all Hollywood.

Thanks

Yea yea yea, all Hollywood.
    I spose cops taking the law into their own hands with their moral judgements is too.

Oh, wait.... no never mind, already have that confession.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (18-06-20)

Thanks

I am 66, white guy. I have had mixed experiences with the police. White privilege and being respectful has gotten me out of a half dozen speeding , moving violations.

However, at age 16, 3 friends and I were pulled over by four cop cars, 8 cops, for absolutely nothing and held for 45 minutes while they tore apart the car looking for drugs . They found nothing and lied about why they pulled us over. It coukd have gone sideways.

Fast forward, in my 40s, two extremely noisy neighbors. Police do nothing, treat us like we are the problem. My wife "fixed" the problem. Gutsy her, could have resulted in legal troubles.

10 years later, noisy neighbors again in new town. Police do nothing, again, we are wrong for complaining.

One day doing gardening in my front yard and a cop drives up and demands to know why I was watching him. No kidding, a psycho, paranoid cop. Scary.

Two more times calling police , once for noise, another to have a theft investigated. Police do nothing. I tell them I should change my line of work to credit card theft because it is lucrative and the cops and nobody else like banks seem to care .

Oh I forgot one more. I called cops about an incident downtown. I witnessed. Cop drives up with his illegally tinted * cruiser at noon, I can't get his attention by waving, so I tap on the passenger glass and for thism i get read the riot act. Then he refuses to do his job by perusing a suspect.

So. In my lifetime, zero positive outcomes from police departments in various cities I have lived. Do I feel safer? No.

So when folks of color, living in poor areas are afraid to call the cops, I am not surprised. It is also not surprising that some game the system and become criminals.

* by state law unless it is a canine vehicle or unmarked undercover, the maximum tint laws apply to police vehicles like any other. Our entire PD has illegal tint.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    "Have Spectrum Analyzer, - Will travel".

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I too am 66....95% of dealings with the law over those years have been very positive. Tickets and sh!t like that aside (which as a habitual low range speeder, I regard as a fair cop) I have had hardly any issues. In fact I have found the vast majority immensely helpful.

They do what they are paid to do......a shitty job that I wouldn't want in a pink fit.

Disband, defund, decry....whatever, do it at your peril IMO.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-06-20),lsemmens (17-06-20),OSIRUS (17-06-20),porkop (17-06-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

They do what they are paid to do......a shitty job that I wouldn't want in a pink fit.
    Amen brother!!!! How many coppers would say that their day is full of joy and happiness. Every time they have to deal with someone, it is almost never a "positive" experience. I can alomst guarantee that they never get a thank you from joe public when the copper stops him and asks him why he was speeding, drunk, or high. Even the guys manning RBT stations rarely get a smile from the drivers that they've stopped, even if the test returns clear.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Lager

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I joined at 48. Now 57.

Left $100K/year Network Engineer for $37K/first 3 months then to $56K/year.

Nearly 10 years later and I am nearly up to my pre-police wage.

Not bad for being punched, kicked, spat at, abused, crashed van on way to help someone i didnt know (taken to hospital), hated on social media and blamed for everything wrong in your live that is of your own making.

Yet I want to do nothing else till the day I die.

I joined to make a difference in others lives, and on the odd occasion I get to do that.

For me it is a calling.

It changes you. You see the worst in people and expect the worst from them from the onset.

You wonder why cops are sometimes abrupt, short, uncaring, quick to judge, occasionally heavy handed............all of the above.

Tell me, when you go to your job in the city and sit behind a desk looking out a window at the skyline for 8 hours, do you think about not making it home in one piece???

Every day, every job I attend...........how would you deal with it?

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-06-20),enf (18-06-20),lsemmens (18-06-20),mandc (18-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    How many coppers would say that their day is full of joy and happiness. .........Even the guys manning RBT stations rarely get a smile from the drivers that they've stopped, even if the test returns clear.
    Sure, but I doubt any of them were stupid enough to think they were going to have flowers thrown at their feet or didnt know what they were getting into.
    I do believe many of them are completely brainwashed with the approved beliefs their masters hand down to them like they are saving people's lives when they book them for going 5 kmh over the limit etc. Not complaining about people breaking the law and being caught, just the belief some cops have that things like this are saving people rather than revenue raising.

I was encouraged to beome a cop when I was still at school. My grandfather was good mates with the chief superintendent I think was his title. Had been close fishing mates for decades. Told my grandparents he would get me in no trouble.

Even at 15, I knew i didnt want to be dealing with deadshits, lowlifes, scumbags and doing death knocks like then coppers that came to our door when I was 10 to tell us my mother had been killed.
    Fk that for a joke.

Was watching cops in the US tonight getting pelted and chased by rioters. Said to my father, thats why I could never be a cop, wouldn't be a round left on me if I had pieces of shit coming at me like that.

No one calls the cops because things are going well and they are having a good time.

Dealing with shit all day would have to take a toll but it think the "us and them" attitude they nearly all have these days which has been iluustrated right here which is clearly drummed into them does their position in the community and public perception no good at all.

Thanks

Tell me, when you go to your job in the city and sit behind a desk looking out a window at the skyline for 8 hours, do you think about not making it home in one piece???
    Oh FFS!!!!!
    Lay off the bleeding heart BS!!!

The numbers PROVE their are a shitload more dangerous professions where people don't make it home than cops!
    My mother worked in an office and didn't help her make it home to her 7 and 10 yo kids.

Fking self important attitude of some people shits me to goddam tears!

Thanks

work for a power utility, job ranges from keeping the power on, the upgrades, to cut offs for not paying your power bill

Spat at, called a rascist, abused for upgrading power lines etc,etc, etc
    been there 30+ years and I have seen it all
    and the worst people are those that have money - doesn't matter the colour and usually white or asian that say we are picking on them
    Black, asian, wogs (like me) and whatever else, low socio-economic areas to well off they are all arseholes and wankers and whatever else

the other day I get hauled up for being rascist by some flogger in head office because they have been conned into the poor black man rascist bullshit
    did I say anything wrong, nope

these f$ckers get more benefits in their lifetime than anyone else and stil cry
    Take away their benefits and those of any other race, creed, colour or whatever they think they are and make them all work for the money they needto survive
    NO free handouts for anyone and then take away the police like they all want
    walk into my yard and don't expect a slap on the wrist when you break into my house while everyone is asleep, steal the phones wallets and whatevrer and cry " Ineed itto buy food" more like drugs,smokes and alcohol

If i catch the F&ckers this time I will make sure that they never be able to use their hands to hold anything or wipe their arses

I'm not rascist but it has to a timethat this is all because the world has gone soft and pandering to the thieving lowlifes

Am I sorry, no, I have kids that still to this day remember that day clearly and the shit that followed and they are in their late teens early twenties

I will now protect what is mine with gusto and god help the f*fkers who cross me

this is that real world where these arseholes that live in their high security world that they never see or believe exists - if it doesn't exist then why all the security?

I have seen coppers bashed in a country town, did they deserve it maybe a couple but the others no, the world has now become differnent because of the drugs, attitude and respect(which doesn't exist) towards each other
    Go out after dark and possibly not get home without an injury of some sort because someone thought you looked at them the wrong way

Sad but all true state of affairs
    Last edited by efab; 18-06-20 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-06-20),enf (18-06-20),george65 (18-06-20),porkop (18-06-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

I joined at 48. Now 57.

Left $100K/year Network Engineer for $37K/first 3 months then to $56K/year.
    Does not make sense to do this not unless you wanted the Neighbour and other to see that you have a badge and a uniform. At least you lasted to 48 before coming a cop. Most know they will become a Law Enforcement person when they are in Primary School age because when they are kids they play at lunch Cow boys and Indians and the spoken person is always the Sheriff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Oh FFS!!!!!
    Lay off the bleeding heart BS!!!

The numbers PROVE their are a shitload more dangerous professions where people don't make it home than cops!
    This remind me of Black death in Custody because the Abo's say they are Murdered in Jail compared to whites but as you know this is not true and the same goes for cops being killed doing their job but I do know that More Electrician have died in one year doing their jobs and nobody give a shi.t.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 18-06-20 at 11:05 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

george65 (18-06-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    ...........................and the same goes for cops being killed doing their job but I .............................

Four were killed in Melbourne in just one incident a few weeks ago.......jeeez......memory issues?

And I'm not aware of ANY electricians killed taking on scumbags, criminals and general lowlifes....or contrived demonstrations waving placards that say that "the only good electrician is a dead electrician" waving behind a shower of spit.. although considering some of the bad quality work I've paid premium ripoff prices for in the past....ummm...naaaahhh, I'm not like that.

• Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast