Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: US riots

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    With that intelligent statement I suggest you move to the States.

In this country we have proper Gun Laws and they are NOT "a load of crap".
    Yes you can thank John Howard for this and I hope John Howard is still alive if and when China invades us and we have nothing to shoot back with. Just Image if any country foot soldiers tries to invade the US,

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

george65 (04-06-20),Jma (04-06-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Sorry George, if you responded to me I dont see your replies coz you’re blocked! Neither do I care about your responses!
    That the wrong way about this. Maybe you cant see my post too.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 04-06-20 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks

What they should do is heard all the Blacks in two or three states and evict all the whites out of the those states. Now what will happen? I bet they will kill each other, the last time I saw a graph on the internet it was double killing black killing black compared black killing whites.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

Hehe...it's amazing where responses to this turn up....like in my email this morning from Bandcamp;

Link from 2nd para -->

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    And yet you comment.....

My leanings are with you man, but really?.................
    sorry. point taken
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Looking @ the body language and faces of the cops in the 'I can breath/knee on neck' video I cant help but think these cops see themselves as working in an active war zone with hoards of active black/brown hostiles surrounding them, and lets face the truth here..........thats exactly the conditions they are working under

Too bad 'management' does not respond (as if they had the manpower in the first place) to the warning signs when their subordinates show signs of burn out after working in what can only be considered as a war zone for years on end dealing with the same offenders............day after day

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (05-06-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

And the myths continue to be exploited for cheap political gain..........republished from the Wall Street Journal.

George Floyd riots: The myth of systemic police racism in US

Heather MacDonald

The Wall Street Journal
    7:42AM June 4, 2020
    354 Comments

George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis has revived the Obama-era narrative that law enforcement is endemically racist.

Former US president Barack Obama tweeted on Saturday (AEST) that for millions of black Americans, being treated differently by the criminal justice system on account of race is “tragically, painfully, maddeningly ‘normal’.”

Obama called on the police and the public to create a “new normal”, in which bigotry no longer “infects our institutions and our hearts”.

Democrat presidential contender Joe Biden released a video the same day in which he asserted that all African-Americans fear for their safety from “bad police” and black children must be instructed to tolerate police abuse just so they can “make it home”.
    Los Angeles Police Department officers kneel during a rally led by Baptist Ministers to City Hall in memory of George Floyd on Wednesday. Picture: AFP)
    Los Angeles Police Department officers kneel during a rally led by Baptist Ministers to City Hall in memory of George Floyd on Wednesday. Picture: AFP)

That echoed a claim Obama made after the ambush murder of five Dallas officers in July 2016. During their memorial service, the president said African-American parents were right to fear that their children may be killed by police officers whenever they go outside.

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz denounced the “stain ... of fundamental, institutional racism” on law enforcement on Saturday. He claimed blacks were right to dismiss promises of police reform as empty verbiage.

This charge of systemic police bias was wrong during the Obama years and remains so today. However sickening the video of Floyd’s arrest, it isn’t representative of the 375 million annual contacts that US police officers have with civilians. A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing. Crime and suspect behaviour, not race, determine most police actions.

Police officers fatally shot 1004 people last year, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53 per cent of known homicide offenders in the US and commit about 60 per cent of robberies, though they are 13 per cent of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites last year, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, New Jersey, who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1 per cent of all African-Americans killed last year. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

On Memorial Day weekend in Chicago alone, 10 African-Americans were killed in drive-by shootings. Such routine violence has continued — a 72-year-old Chicago man shot in the face on May 29 by a gunman who fired about a dozen shots into a residence; two 19-year-old women on the South Side shot to death as they sat in a parked car a few hours earlier; a 16-year-old boy fatally stabbed with his own knife that same day.

This past weekend, 80 Chicagoans were shot in drive-by shootings, 21 fatally, the victims overwhelmingly black. Police shootings are not the reason that blacks die of homicide at eight times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined; criminal violence is.

The latest in a series of studies undercutting the claim of systemic police bias was published in August last year in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The researchers found that the more frequently officers encounter violent suspects from any given racial group, the greater the chance that a member of that group will be fatally shot by a police officer. There is “no significant evidence of anti-black disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police”, they concluded.

A 2015 Justice Department analysis of the Philadelphia Police Department found that white police officers were less likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot unarmed black suspects. Research by Harvard economist Roland G. Fryer Jr also found no evidence of racial discrimination in shootings. Any evidence to the contrary fails to take into account crime rates and civilian behaviour before and during interactions with police.

The false narrative of systemic police bias resulted in targeted killings of officers during the Obama presidency. The pattern may be repeating itself. Officers are being assaulted and shot at while they try to arrest gun suspects or respond to the growing riots. Police precincts and courthouses have been destroyed with impunity, which will encourage more civilisation-destroying violence.

If the Ferguson effect of officers backing off law enforcement in minority neighbourhoods is reborn as the Minneapolis effect, the thousands of law-abiding African-Americans who depend on the police for basic safety will once again be the victims.

The Minneapolis officers who arrested Floyd must be held accountable for their excessive use of force and callous indifference to his distress. Police training needs to double down on de-escalation tactics.

But Floyd’s death should not undermine the legitimacy of American law enforcement, without which we will continue on a path toward chaos.

Heather MacDonald is a fellow at the Manhattan Institute and the author of The War on Cops

The Wall Street Journal
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (06-06-20)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    With that intelligent statement I suggest you move to the States.

In this country we have proper Gun Laws and they are NOT "a load of crap".
    Can't, border shut.
    Walmart is required by the Federal Firearms License to conduct background checks on anyone wanting to purchase, in some states the requirements are stricter than others.
    Your statement I quoted about the 2nd amendment allowing any nutter or criminal to purchase or steal from Walmart is exactly what I said it was...a load of crap.
    Proper gun laws?
    Ha ha, you're funny.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (04-06-20),george65 (04-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    And the myths continue to be exploited for cheap political gain..........republished from the Wall Street Journal.

The reality is, it's all a sad mess from which ever way you look at it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    Proper gun laws?
    Inevitably, when ever someone starts on about gun laws, the usual Rhetoric is they need to be tougher. Whenever I ask them to explain the steps in getting a gun or a gun licence, they have no idea. Often the reply is " You can just go into a police station and get a licence then go to a gun shop and get one or order one over the internet. ". Yeah right.
    They also have no idea of the reality of guns having had 100% of their firearms experience and education on TV or Movies.

What they don't get is how easy they are to get if You want one. I guarantee I could go out tonight and pick one up from some muzzo in Punchbowl or Lakemba no worries in the world. If the crims want one, they have 3. Thinking gun laws stops anything is just fooling oneself. Same as believing because crack is illegal there must not be any around.

They think machine guns are available to the public and said guns hold about 10 Minutes non stop firing worth of rounds in the magazine.
    As far as hand guns go, the most the majority of people have even seen one is the butt of one hanging out a cop or security guards Holster. They have never shot one and certainly have no idea what it takes to actually hit anything with one. They think just like in the movies you point the thing, blaze away and hit everything you aim at every single time.

It is hilarious to take someone to a range and let them shoot a hand gun. Give them a .22 and they comment how heavy it is. Even on an open range they are surprised how loud they are even with hearing protection. Give them a .357 and the first reaction is "How do you even hold the thing it's so heavy. ?" Drop a factory round in the thing, stand behind them and catch even decent size blokes as the Recoil catches them by surprise as does the fire ball that comes out the thing and they almost get knocked on their arses. You only ever put one round in the thing at a time and watch them real close. They stand there slack jawed for 5 Minutes after they fire the thing as they contemplate the difference between what they thought was going to happen from watching Movies and reality of what they just experienced.

The funniest thing for people with handguns is they think they are just going to blaze away and put every round through the bullseye on a target 10M away but then are asking where the other holes are when they can't even get them on a 1M sq target. Umm, you missed, completely, but you managed to evenly distribute the other 6 rounds around the target so well done for making use of all the paper! /sarcasm.

In the old days, you could give someone a weak rifle cartridge like a .30M1 Carbine and they thought they had shot a cannon. Give them a .308 after you had trained them up a bit not to take their own eye out with the scope and not too many wanted a 2nd go. When you could have a semi auto, they quickly learned the faster you shoot the less you hit and the difference between movies and reality there as well.

It's always funny to hear people whinging about guns and gun laws when the great majority have no idea of anything about them at all.

I have been thinking of getting a Bow.
    Don't have the range of a gun but there is plenty one can do with them and you don't have all the BS and red tape to own one.

Obviously I like guns but I sure would hate to live in the US where people have the mentality they aren't safe without one. Mate of mine is a wedding Photographer in the states and where he is, Girls won't even get married without having a snub nose strapped to their legs under their wedding gown and he says at least 80% of the guests will be packing.

Seems pretty sad to me to live in fear like that.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

Obviously I like guns but I sure would hate to live in the US where people have the mentality they aren't safe without one. Mate of mine is a wedding Photographer in the states and where he is, Girls won't even get married without having a snub nose strapped to their legs under their wedding gown and he says at least 100% of the guests will be packing if in a black neighborhood.

Seems pretty sad to me to live in fear mainly in black neighborhoods like that.
    fixed that for you george

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (05-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

The cops wouldn't take you down to the ground or call for extra backup unless you were being violent in the first place or they felt that they were in danger. If Floyd was stupid enough to try and pass a bad cheque for only $20 ( just pay cash FFS ) , and was stupid enough to be violent and resist arrest , then he had what was coming to him.
    If he had any sort of brains he would have just gone quietly with the police to face the music.

Got to feel sorry for the young officer involved - 4 days on the job , tries to give first aid to a criminal and now is being charged with aiding a murder !! What a great advertisement for joining a politically correct police force.

and now every dole bludger , abo and Antifa member wants to protest and claim racism? don't do the crime and you wont do the time!!

Is there a movement supporting white taxpayers? #Istandwithwhitetaxpayers lol

Thanks

Gotta love all the half truths that get told, slightly off topic, but still, I feel, relevant

The of Channel 9's Brooke Boney is a disgrace:

“I can’t breathe…”
    “If you can talk you can breathe.”
    No, that’s not the transcript of what happened to George Floyd in the United States but the last conversation David Dungay jnr had only a few minutes before he died with five men on top of him inside a cell in a jail in Sydney, a few days after Christmas in 2015...
    The brouhaha that led to his death didn’t kick off because he had attacked another inmate or a guard, but because Dungay was eating a biscuit and was told to stop.
    So tell me again how all lives matter. Explain to me why “come to Australia” is trending on Twitter when an Aboriginal man can die because he was eating a biscuit when he wasn’t supposed to be.
    Brooke Boney identifies as an "Gamilaroi woman" and a journalist. The journalist bit is certainly wrong, if this propaganda is a measure.
    How could any responsible journalist omit the critical facts? How could they claim - with any integrity - that Dungay died simply because he was "eating a biscuit when he wasn’t supposed to be"? And that this is evidence of our supposed racism?
    Yes, the ABC's Fran Kelly has as evidence that we have our own George Floyd:
    Dunghutti man David Dungay... uttered ‘I can’t breathe’ 12 times before he died in a Sydney prison hospital in 2015 after being restrained by guards.
    Family members of David Dungay are drawing direct parallels with the death of George Floyd.
    So did ABC indigenous affairs correspondent Isabella Higgins,
    Australia had its own George Floyd moment... No one has ever been charged for Dungay's death.
    And hundreds of protesters at a Sydney rally led by the Australian Communist Party chanted: “Justice today for David Dungay.”
    But here is the background Boney and the ABC omit. The background that makes clear Dungay is not our George Floyd.
    Yes, Dungay died in Long Bay jail after being restrained and crying “I can’t breathe”.
    But that’s where the parallels end, and critically important differences begin.
    Dungay had chronic schizophrenia and was acutely psychotic. He also had diabetes and was spotted by warders eating biscuits.
    They told him to stop. They did not do this from some whim. This was not some random cruelty or racism.
    Dungay was in fact being a danger to himself – tests that day had shown his blood sugar was far too high. Warders were actually trying to protect him.
    Dungay refused to stop eating and got agitated. Warders held him down so a nurse could sedate him.
    He did say he couldn’t breathe, but from the video you can hear he shouted it, not gasped it. Most of the warders thought he was foxing:

YOUTUBE

But Dungay wasn’t foxing. Tragically, he died, but the coroner no one was to blame. Not only had the warders been trying to help, but Dungay hadn’t been suffocated. His heart gave out.
    The on “long-standing poorly controlled type I diabetes, hyperglycaemia, prescription of antipsychotic medication ... , elevated body mass index, a degree of likely hypoxaemia caused by prone restraint, and extreme stress and agitation as a result of the events”.
    This is the case that Boney and the ABC present as an excuse for protests like America’s – against our alleged racism, police brutality, and Aborigines being murdered by officials.
    It’s a fraud. Shame on them for so wilfully playing with the fires of race resentment.
    Will the Sydney Morning Herald do the responsible thing tomorrow and publish an article just as promiment as that from Boney that sets out the full facts of this case? Or is it happy to risk encouraging race riots?
    And will Boney apologise?

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

enf (06-06-20),george65 (05-06-20),lsemmens (05-06-20),mandc (06-06-20),webtech (05-06-20)

Thanks

They are organising mass " Protests" in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane on the weekend.

Still limiting the amount of people that can go into a Pub or club or a wedding or a funeral but they expect thousands to turn up to these potential Riots and the Fktard premiers have said there won't be any fines given out for not social Distancing or breaching china Flu Restriction.

Absolute Fking joke! Anyone that was fined under the current restriction rules I think has a damn good case to tell the gubbermints to stick their fines up their backsides.
    I saw Gladys Beri, Beararse, Barramundi last night asking people to keep their social distance at the protest. Yeah, they are surely going to listen to that because dead beat trouble stirring protestors and rioters are such a conscientious and law abiding lot when it comes to their pillaging and destruction.

Completely typical, go after the law abiding soft targets to raise revenue but when it comes to the real crims and trouble makers that have no respect for law and order or society, they are let get away with their shit because it's all too hard for the cops.

This whole Black Looting Matters BS has nothing to do with Australia and is just another Social media manipulation of the deadbeats so they can get some headlines and manufacture some more news to stir up those with nothing else better to do than be aggrieved.

Lets see if Boxes of rocks suddenly start turning up on city streets here like they have in NY and other places. If a single window is broken, a single car is scratched or a single person assaulted, the state gubberments and the premiers should be held PERSONALLY accountable for letting this Bullshit go ahead.

I thought the China Flu might bring an end to all this PC Bullshit and give the world a reality check back to real old fashioned values and dispense with all this feelgood bullshit. Boy, was I wrong. Again! Seems all it's done is just make things more ridiculous and fuel the stupidity.

All these Restrictions and lockdowns and stopping people going about their lives and then they allow, in fact condone, this sort of crap.
    If the mythical 2nd wave does hit, they should expect exactly no one take any notice of any restrictions they bring in. Seems all you have to do to get around any law is use your right to Protest.

I think I'll Go protest at the footy on Saturday and then at the pub afterwards seeing they can't stop anyone protesting and it's a " Right". Shouldn't be too hard to get a few hundred people to join me and fill the place as usual . We can protest "Good gubbermint Matters" as our cause or " Remove Fktard Politicians". Probably get 20 years for sitting in a pub having a beer with a few mates holding signs like that and there would be 1000 Cops watching everything where there will be 20 at the Black Looting matters Riots.

Should get about 90% of support from people whom are fed up with these idiots running us though and every footy ground and pub in the country will be packed..

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    Gotta love all the half truths that get told, slightly off topic, but still, I feel, relevant
    .................................................. ................
    YOUTUBE

But Dungay wasn’t foxing. Tragically, he died, but the coroner no one was to blame. Not only had the warders been trying to help, but Dungay hadn’t been suffocated. His heart gave out.
    The on “long-standing poorly controlled type I diabetes, hyperglycaemia, prescription of antipsychotic medication ... , elevated body mass index, a degree of likely hypoxaemia caused by prone restraint, and extreme stress and agitation as a result of the events”.
    This is the case that Boney and the ABC present as an excuse for protests like America’s – against our alleged racism, police brutality, and Aborigines being murdered by officials.
    It’s a fraud. Shame on them for so wilfully playing with the fires of race resentment.
    Will the Sydney Morning Herald do the responsible thing tomorrow and publish an article just as promiment as that from Boney that sets out the full facts of this case? Or is it happy to risk encouraging race riots?
    And will Boney apologise?

Of course any good "journalist" knows Never let the facts get in the way of a good story
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

enf (06-06-20),harryt (05-06-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    Can't, border shut.
    Walmart is required by the Federal Firearms License to conduct background checks on anyone wanting to purchase, in some states the requirements are stricter than others.
    Your statement I quoted about the 2nd amendment allowing any nutter or criminal to purchase or steal from Walmart is exactly what I said it was...a load of crap.
    Proper gun laws?
    Ha ha, you're funny.
    Duh... psycho asks a mate to buy the gun at Walmart, mate passes 1 min Fed check. Mate legally sells the gun to the psycho, no checks, no questions asked.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Seems the Black bullshit matters protests here are to do with Abbos Dying in Custody.
    They talk about 400 since... whenever.
    Once again, the FACTS paint a real different picture to the actual narrative.

Indigenous Non-Indigenous Total
    n rate n rate n ratea (rate ratio)
    Indigenous Non-Indigenous Total
    n rate n rate n ratea (rate ratio)
    2011–12
    New South Wales 1 0.05 17 0.23 18 0.19
    Victoria 0 0.00 4 0.09 4 0.08
    Queensland 2 0.12 4 0.10 6 0.11
    Western Australia 2 0.10 5 0.17 7 0.14
    South Australia 0 0.00 4 0.25 4 0.19
    Tasmania 0 0.00 1 0.24 1 0.20
    Northern Territory 1 0.08 1 0.44 2 0.14
    Australian Capital Territory 0 0.00 0 0.00 0 0.00
    Total 6 0.08 36 0.17 42 0.14 (0.47)

Yes, more than DOUBLE the amount of non abbos, as a percentage ( and a total) die in custody than Abbos do.
    They don't want to tell you that because the 400 number sounds so much more of an injustice and something to get upset about and use as an excuse to go looting.

Still wondering what these idiot protesters actually want but I'm now wondering if it's a new law brought in that Black people Dying in custody and a Crime?
    Maybe if they made that legislation it would quell the unrest here and make them feel better.

Seem Gladys berylongnose has had a turn around over the Public outcry over the protests and has instructed the cops to block them and a court injunction has been made to that effect. Fking amazing that these moron Pollies have to wait till they see their popularity ratings are tanking before they can see what everyone what a brain could from the outset.

Another interesting fact has Emerged about not Pink Floyd.... the 5 years he did was for assult with a deadly weapon and armed robbery when he held a Gun to a pregnant woman he took hostage during a robbery.

Yeah, Lovely sweet innocent bloke that was of course, as well all know, a Good boy that never did anything wrong...... Between the hours of 5:36:09 am and 5:36:10 am when he was 2 days old.
    Wonder how many of these Fktard protestors know exactly the sort of low life POS he was? Does not change the fact he should not have been killed the way he apparently was but as unfortunate as that was, personally I think I'd be a bit more choosy about who I made a Mater of before going out and screaming my support for them to the world.

I wait so see how this " Peaceful" ( where have I heard that " Peace" word before and whom from??) and now Illegal protest in Shitney turns out tomorrow.
    I'd ask if anyone wants to make a wager on how many cars and buildings vandalised, how many people hurt etc but the trouble is we'll never know because it will all be covered up by the lefty agenda driven media the same as the people these rioters have now killed in the US.... Which is 11 Including at least 2 Black people.

WTF was all this about again???

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (06-06-20),VroomVroom (08-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

WTF was all this about again???
    Boundless human stupidity in my book

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Boundless human stupidity in my book
    NO it was a chance to do some Burning Looting and Murdering.

Thanks

the MEDIA is to blame for all this shit they are ONLY reporting one side of the story to make the blacks mad then go out and get some epic footage.

• The Following User Says Thank You to eeprommemory For This Useful Post:

enf (06-06-20)

• Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast