Thread: Missing PSU

Thanks

Default Missing PSU

So after renovations, the CCTV system is now missing the PSU. Vanished..

I’m assuming that any standard 12VDC PSU will work?

My other issue is that the cameras are ancient, and Mr Google can’t find me a spec sheet or manual.
    Model: T-GL113-8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931 Times in 1,509 Posts

This? .. -->

What model is the cctv unit? A 12v DC supply will work, you just need to be sure it can supply enough amps.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Most cctv units have it labeled on the back of the unit. I use a 12v2A DC PSU to power my 16 channel cctv recorder. Then i have another psu that is 12v8A that powers all my 8 camera's separately. 4 cams in the house and 4 watching my cars.. lol
    Last edited by Johnno; 11-06-20 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks

The main unit (which is currently sitting on the sink in the newly renovated home office smoko room) is a DVR-H264-SE08. I have managed to get a manual for that, plugged it in, and it seems to be all working well, except for an alarm saying the HDD isn't installed... I was nearly lucky a few week ago when I said he should get one of his "other" mates to look at it, but now I've fully put my foot into it because I rewired the office LAN cabling last week because I was sick and tied of tripping over the extension cords..... He now wants me to get the CCTV up and running ~!@#$, even though I've told him it would be quicker and less painful for all of us for him to get someone who knows what they are doing in for a couple of hours to sort it out :-P

For a bit of background, I became fully under-employed a few months back due to Corona-19, and a mate of mines secretary of 7 years walked out (wanted to work from home and he is a micro-manager so that had no chance of working) and I ended up filling in for her. He's in the construction/demolition game, and has very little idea/documentation of where the CCTV system came from, but the guy who set it up, is no longer alive.

Enter mug#1..

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931 Times in 1,509 Posts

If the recorder unit was previously working, then the HDD alarm light is a problem -- if the unit was supplied without HDD you'll have to fit one ; conversely if the unit has a HDD & was working, something's gone awry (dead HDD, HDD power supply in unit bad) and you'll need to sort that out. You didn't confirm whether the camera info I dug up is correct for the cameras you have, but if that's correct each camera requires 0.5amp @ 12volt (so if you have 6 cameras you'd need a 12volt supply that can deliver 3amps)

Thanks

Yeah wotnot I wasn't clear above, but am slowly getting into it!! I won't be back into the mission control room until later today.

The PSU for the main unit is still about, I used it to fire the unit up and do a quick check. I haven't yet pulled the cover off the main unit to ascertain whether or not it's a failed HDD, or was never there. My bet is that the person(s) responsible for misplacing the camera's PSU took the effort to lift the HDD, but as this adventure of mine into the security world unfolds, I'll wait until I see for myself.

I'm betting that its failed, so will likely have tell the boss "I told you so", should of got some chap in to sort it out. He insists that it had recording in the past, but as you would well now, don't believe everything the client tells you :-)

Whats frightening me more at the moment, is that a subbie dropped around another three cameras, obviously trying to help out, and now I'm worried I might have to add some extra's to the existing system ~!@#$

LOL

Thanks

So just by way to update the thread.

The HDD was shot. Ordered a replacement one, and all back up and running.

Two new PSU's, one for the DVR unit and one for the camera's.

One camera's bracket/housing disintegrated when unscrewing it, ended up putting in a whole new unit including housing.

Another one had the connectors ripped out, and had a great time getting new connectors terminated. The cable had oxidised very badly, and the conduit it is in must be crushed somewhere between it and the office where the DVR is located, so pulling through a new cable wasn't an option.

Extra camera installed at the office door.

Anyhow, my intro to CCTV maintenance is that I will never put my hand up for that one again in any great hurry!!