Thread: Reliance R12 with TouchNav

Thanks

Default Reliance R12 with TouchNav

Hi,

Have new system as above. Have had various DSC systems in past & have programmed them as required.

First time that a TouchNav has been involved. TouchNav is the only keypad on system.

Most TouchNav options seem to work OK however have some questions that are not covered in the brief TouchNav 1 page doco.

The older systems allowed the telephone number(s) entered to include "wait for dial tone" or "wait 4 secs" options. The TouchNav does not allow these hex characters to be entered.

So does this mean that these special codes are not needed any more? I'm using an Ness external 3/4G dialer.

Also found while trying the system test options that the "Comm" test does not work. Found in the installers doco that feature 22 segment 2/7 can be turned on to include communicator testing during system tests. Turned it on but still the Comm test does not work. Any thoughts?

Did trip the alarm & the R12 did call the telephone number nominated so it is all working OK.

Is there any other doco around that covers the TouchNav in more detail &/or it's programming etc?

thanks in advance.

dazza

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I don't think there is a detailed manual for the touchnav.
    I guess it is just driven by using the icons to select what you want.

As for the 4 sec pause use a 13 in the segment where want a pause. Refer to normal programming manual.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

It looks to me like the TouchNav is a gui layer over the top of a normal codepad. So the Touchpad must be sending codes/data to the panel using a form of coding which is what I was looking for. The main reason was to see what it is using to action the Comms test.

In terms of using "13" in the segment. The "wait 4 secs" was included in the phone number string and accessed by hitting *3* in the old codepads in prog mode.

Using the TouchNav, if I just entered 13 when entering the phone number surely that will just treat the 13 as part of the phone number? The TouchNav phone entry function does not allow anything other than 0-9, no *# either.

Maybe I'll try entering the phone numbers via the program mode and try the 13 or C (hex) you are suggesting.