Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Housing have magical powers ?

Thanks

Default Does Housing have magical powers ?

Hi all,

As most of you know I am 70 years old, disabled etc etc.(boo hoo what a shame). Sob story over.

Since reaching my use by date over 20 years ago, I have had to live in public housing for over 10 years, I used all my super for private rent.

Now the point of this post.

Housing have threatened to send in a locksmith and bully boys to gain access to my one room palace just so they can do their annual property inspection and charge me $100 for the privilege.

I have refused the contractors access due to the CV19 virus and me being in quarantine, also I have a very low auto immunity threshold.

Plus, I also believe that this hovel will be available for inspection after the virus pandemic is passed.

Could someone here with empirical knowledge of the facts let me know if I have the right to tell Housing to get stuffed and that they have no rights to force entry into this home.

TIA

Luv and kisses to all

PS i just remembered, Spotless the contractors, refuse to send their contractors to finish mending the leaking roof citing the virus as a danger to their people.
    Buy cheap and pay often, - there is no substitute for stupidity.

You wipe your bum after each crap, why don't you clean your teeth after every meal?

There is no shame in being uneducated nor in being stupid.
    The true shame lies in knowing that you are and doing nothing about it.

Only the living worry about dying.

To the tobacco addicts - Smoke more and die sooner, so I can breathe fresh air. Thank you.

Education is the only sure cure for religion

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i guess they do they own it and want to make sure you are not wrecking it.

i am just sure they want to see your drug crop or meth lab or dungeon where you keep your sex slave.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,964 Times in 1,287 Posts

I thought Housing had suspended all regular inspection at the moment due to the current situation with Covid19.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

You need to phone your local 'member' Ma and let them sort it out, sounds like hitler now works @ the lack of housing dept

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-06-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

There are some organisations that may be able to assist you with your "negotiations", ma. I can't recall in which state you live, but if you ring either the salvos or the Uniting church, their social welfare arm may be able to connect you with the appropriate legal (and financial) advice. When my wife was alive, we were very well supported by those organisations when we were in need. And, no, they don't "preach at you"
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

WhiteOx (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Could you or family do a Skype walk through or a Video/ pics and send them?
    Should be enough to tell them all they need to know.

I'd be making a complaint to dept of housing or whomever the " landlord" is and cite your fears and tell them you are High risk.
    If you don't get anywhere, Contact one of those Current affairs shows,. Bet they would have a field day with that!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (22-06-20),SS Dave (21-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

That makes sense and even real estate agents have been doing the inspections that way .

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Got any indigenous blood, no matter how far back? Usually fixes housing issues......
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-06-20),eaglem (22-06-20),Godzilla (26-06-20),hazman (22-06-20),Johnno (21-06-20),lsemmens (22-06-20),SS Dave (22-06-20),VroomVroom (23-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

My mates missus is registered with the local council to make cakes at home.. She pays a registration fee and they pop over and inspect her kitchen yearly..

This year they called to visit and she said No... your not welcome coz of covid... they accepted her reason and gave her a 50% discount on reg fee's.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Got any indigenous blood, no matter how far back? Usually fixes housing issues......
    Yep

I know a person that was in a 4 bed gov house and told the department she needed a bigger house with 2 bathrooms.

The department moved her request to the top of the list because 3 of the foster kids from the same mother "claims" to be Indigenous so she got a 5 year old 5 bed ensuite double lockup garage house in 6 months on the government rental system (so cheap)and the moving costs was heavily subsidised and have paid for new beds as well.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

enf (22-06-20),gulliver (22-06-20),hazman (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_Baker View Post
    Hi all,

I have refused the contractors access due to the CV19 virus and me being in quarantine, also I have a very low auto immunity threshold.

Plus, I also believe that this hovel will be available for inspection after the virus pandemic is passed.

Could someone here with empirical knowledge of the facts let me know if I have the right to tell Housing to get stuffed and that they have no rights to force entry into this home.
    sounds like you live in SA ? I was the fire safety advisor / contractor to the NSW equivalent a long time ago and yes they do have rights to enter , for many and varied circumstances. check your lease for the exact wording. They don't often bring in a locksmith to do so and if you don't want to cough up the cost of that its best to come to a halfway point and let them in , maybe at a time when you are at the shops or similar. Walk in and bomb the place with Aldi spray disinfectant after they have left. Georges idea of a video walk through could work , but I doubt if that would be acceptable more than once.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    sounds like you live in SA ? I was the fire safety advisor / contractor to the NSW equivalent a long time ago and yes they do have rights to enter , for many and varied circumstances. check your lease for the exact wording. They don't often bring in a locksmith to do so and if you don't want to cough up the cost of that its best to come to a halfway point and let them in , maybe at a time when you are at the shops or similar. Walk in and bomb the place with Aldi spray disinfectant after they have left. Georges idea of a video walk through could work , but I doubt if that would be acceptable more than once.
    I live on the Central Coast of NSW. I have not been able to leave this room for the past six years except to take out the bin.

The only stranger I have allowed in here during this period is Reschs from this forum.

If I let them in and break my quarantine and I contract CV19 who benefits?

Thanks for your reply, best so far and no I am not aborigine.

Does any one here have Coutts Trotter email ?
    Last edited by Ma_Baker; 23-06-20 at 08:33 AM.

You wipe your bum after each crap, why don't you clean your teeth after every meal?

To the tobacco addicts - Smoke more and die sooner, so I can breathe fresh air. Thank you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ma_Baker For This Useful Post:

Reschs (25-06-20)

Thanks

they have a right to a yearly inspection but must give 14 day notice

now to your issue if as you say you are in quarantine and currently have
    a low auto immunity threshold then you just need a letter from a medical professional
    stating that due to your condition etc any outside contact could be harmful to your health
    and that once healthier and new date could be arranged for the inspection.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_Baker View Post
    I have not been able to leave this room for the past six years except to take out the bin.

The only stranger I have allowed in here during this period is Reschs from this forum.
    How have they done these yearly inspections in the past 5 Years? Surely this isn't the first time they have wanted to do an inspection.
    Can you not just wait outside while they come in and have a look around which should take 2 min and come back in when they leave?

Have you actually got back to anyone and informed them of your condition as yet?
    Can't see them pushing the issue under the circumstances. They wouldn't even come read my electricity meter on the outside of the house last time round due to china Virus concerns. Can't see them pushing this issue IF you inform them of your situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    How have they done these yearly inspections in the past 5 Years? Surely this isn't the first time they have wanted to do an inspection.
    Can you not just wait outside while they come in and have a look around which should take 2 min and come back in when they leave?

Have you actually got back to anyone and informed them of your condition as yet?
    Can't see them pushing the issue under the circumstances. They wouldn't even come read my electricity meter on the outside of the house last time round due to china Virus concerns. Can't see them pushing this issue IF you inform them of your situation.
    There was no CV19 in the last five years, so I let them in, they spent more than half an hour doing sweet FA.

I can't go outside for that length of time.

Latest update:

For good or ill this is what I have just sent to FACS.

In receipt of threatening letter from Housing. The letter's writer does not disclose her name.

I am a disabled 70 year old, having a very low auto immunity threshold.

Housing have threatened to send in a locksmith and bully boys to gain access to my one room unit just so they can do their annual property inspection and charge me $100 for the privilege.

I have previously refused these contractors access due to the CV19 virus and whilst I am in quarantine.

Plus, I also believe that this unit will be available for inspection after the virus pandemic is passed.

Having checked with many different resources it is obvious to all parties that there is no requirement for housing to do any form of property inspection whilst the virus is active.

For your information I have included a link to NSW Health.

Disability 1800 643 787
    Seniors Info 1800 171 866

Can someone please stop this situation until after this pandemic. I look forward to your prompt response by email.

Update and Follow up from Housing.

I am writing to you in relation to your email about the access for the smoke alarm and asset survey on 30th June. This appointment has been cancelled as per your request and noted that this will be put on hold until further restrictions are lifted.

Thanking you

| Client Liaison Officer – Central Coast District
    Last edited by Ma_Baker; 24-06-20 at 11:36 AM. Reason: success

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

All the best, Ma, If they do lock you out, you can come to Souf Orz and camp at my place.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Ma_Baker (24-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

all the best with the situation Ma. as you can understand though , it looks a bit sus when a tenant wont allow access to a property - it does look like you are hiding something. And also I know these are difficult and challenging times , and all the while the Housing Dept do have a duty of care towards you and need to ensure your living conditions are reasonable by inspection.
    All breaches need to be reported up the line to higher managers for discussion and action.
    They never used to be like that until one incident I can recall before I retired - There was one lady in the Redfern multiblock who was an extreme nutjob . This lady ( i'll call her Susan ) was the worst kind of belligerent idiot that you can never hope to come across. For 3 years she refused access to any official from the dept , none of her neighbours liked her or spoke to her , the place was a major hazard of biological proportions. Saint Florian's worst nightmare even . She used to allow us in as contractors to clean up every blue moon , So the dept just gave up and stopped trying as not even legal action worked. The rent was still being paid by direct deposit a couple of years later until one day the rent stopped. so the dept investigated again , we broke in and found her body. the stench was unbearable and no one bothered reporting it. well didn't some people get into the shiit over that !! So protocols are followed up more carefully nowadays.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-06-20)

Thanks

Hi all,

My bad I edited a post rather than post new info. This time I am trying to update the thread.

Sorry for duplication.

Update and Follow up from Housing.

I am writing to you in relation to your email about the access for the smoke alarm and asset survey on 30th June. This appointment has been cancelled as per your request and noted that this will be put on hold until further restrictions are lifted.

Thanking you

| Client Liaison Officer – Central Coast District

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ma_Baker For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-06-20)

Thanks

So it only took one email to sort it out?
    You hadn't written to them before and asked for the inspection to be delayed and why?
    If that's the case, can't really see see too much to blame them for. Seems once made aware of the situation, they were pretty accommodating and got back to you pretty quick.
    Glad you got the problem solved quickly and easily.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    So it only took one email to sort it out?
    ............................... Snip out rest.................................
    Only one email BUT to the correct recipient. One of many possibilities, welcome to the lottery.
    Last edited by Ma_Baker; 24-06-20 at 05:06 PM.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast