Thread: Telstra want to replace my Phone & ADSL Landline with Mobile Phone Technology

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

Default Telstra want to replace my Phone & ADSL Landline with Mobile Phone Technology

Telstra want to replace my Phone & ADSL Landline with Mobile Phone Technology "smart Modem" and a mobile phone outdoor antenna

Is this a good thing or a bad thing ?

My Landline got some bad static in the phone line recently, so I rang Telstra to come and fix it ....

Telstra are saying my landline is a single cable and "they cannot find it" where there must be a corrupted join in the cable (maybe got some water in it)

I think they may be wanting to get me off the landline because they do not want to service the cable any more .... (now most other people have gone to a flavor of NBN Broadband delivery)

I am concerned if the mobile phone technology will do everything as well as my trusty old landline has done ?

Can people be on the phone as well as people on the internet at the same time ?

I only get one to two bars of Telstra mobile phone reception on my phone and sometimes get breaking up when in the house .... so they suggested an outdoor mobile phone technology antenna

he made a point to say that it was not like fixed wireless NBN technology (because I said I could not get fixed wireless NBN in my area) he said it was mobile phone technology (maybe 3g or 4g)

Will I be able to keep my old Landline telephone number ?

Will I be able to run a Router for a UK VPN, and a Router for a USA VPN and a router for an AUS VPN on this mobile phone technology ?

I am not sure but I think he is talking about a Telstra Smart Modem Router that turns over to 4g wireless technology if a landline is not present ?

I also wonder if everything is the same cost and data allowance or not as my landline plan ?

Not sure if I will have a choice or not either .... he is coming tomorrow with an installation team .... and I have not told him yes or no yet ?

And will there be drop outs in reception .... ?

As I said is this a good thing or a bad thing

Cheers
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 29-06-20 at 09:49 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

2. Look Here ->