Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Greens Party (Maybe it should be in the Joke section)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Fishers and shooters supposedly gave their Preferences to Labor.
    Looks like I wont be voting for F&S next time round.

FFS.....The Greens were out polled by "Informal" in Eden Monaro on the weekend, even after a huge climate derange campaign.
    I hadn't heard that. What a kick in the arse!

Saw an interview with Brandt where he was saying the election result sent a clear message to the Government on climate change.
    I think that message must have been no one gives a shit about his Globull warming whining.

Also said they were pleased with the result they got. Interviewer said but you lost 3.5% of the votes you had last time.

I thought If he's pleased, The only conclusion I can come to is they must have been expecting to lose a lot more! I'm sure they aren't going to get a look in next federal election.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    That Adam Brant what the F..k his name is must of got a phone call from that dude to go and sit at the base of that building waiting to catch that bit of paper...... what a Croc, better still, they must think the lot of us must be idiots..
    They dont 'think'...they know the ppl 'educated' (brainwashed) in the last 20 years ARE idiots

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (09-07-20),wotnot (08-07-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    FFS.....The Greens were out polled by "Informal" in Eden Monaro on the weekend, even after a huge climate derange campaign.
    Yes I saw that. What a Joke!! Yet they say that there campaign was successful, successful for what?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

eaglem (09-07-20),Landytrack (10-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Yes I saw that. What a Joke!! Yet they say that there campaign was successful, successful for what?
    Proving that they are despised and completely irrelevant?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    They dont 'think'...they know the ppl 'educated' (brainwashed) in the last 20 years ARE idiots
    I'd stretch that timeframe to the last 40 years

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (09-07-20),eaglem (09-07-20),hca (08-07-20),Landytrack (10-07-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

We're still to find a decent alternative to the Lib/Lab duopoly.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

wotnot (08-07-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    We're still to find a decent alternative to the Lib/Lab duopoly.
    Yes this has come to my attention in the last 10 years but we are stuck with Labor and Liberal.... Just Imagine if ever in there Green (I bet a few of them have dreamed like this) dreamed that the GREEEEEENS win a Election and they are in Power they WILL::::.
    1/ They will shut down all Coal Power stations and rely on Solar Wind and Fart power to give us energy
    2/ They will Renegotiate the US alliance and tell them WE DONT NEED YOU (the US) anymore because we will bring peace to the World by given Flowers to the Countries that don't like Australia
    3/ The Green party will spend just about ZERO in Defense.
    4/ We will train our Defense Force to become GREEN, "ie" throw there weapons away!.
    5/ We will use our existing defense force for climate change and to provide humanitarian support in our region by talking to them, give them plenty of trees to plant and mostly ask all of the island around us to go GREEN and SHUT down there evil Coal Power Stations.
    6/ And when China when they becomes more aggressive to Australia the Green party will say to them we are a Peace full Country and we will give you plenty of Flowers and Green stuff, we will allow China to use any land for there needs to please you so may I ask you to stop interfering with our country because we dont want to speak Chinese and we are willing to give you anything you need so all you have to do is ask us.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-07-20),Landytrack (10-07-20)

Thanks

Much as I hate to admit it, Many years ago I did vote for the greens.
    I will say in my defense they weren't as deranged as they are now. I did believe that they did at least believe in their cause and while I never thought they would win power, I did think they may be able to influence the majors to do the right thing.

So much for that idea!
    After that they seems to gain popularity and it either went to their heads or they just lost the plot. Try not to laugh But that was when Peter garret went in with them and I ( Naively) thought he would be different and have more conviction. As it was he was soon corrupted like the rest of them but lie and learn ( and admit your mistakes) on my part.

I also have voted for Fishers and Shooters but looks like I'll be going another way next time.

I have never voted for the majors. Not that it hardly makes a difference when they have such followings with everyone else which is fair enough.

People say " You voted them in" but no, I never have but the choices in reality are pretty fking thin. I believe the Choices for people since I have been of voting age are in reality who is the last bad mob not the best.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12