Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid hits home

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Here's a "good news" read from one of the nurses doing the testing in one of the Melbourne towers. Yes it is from the ABC, but it's written by Lisa Peters, a registered nurse telling about here first hand experiences.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

hca (11-07-20),Tiny (11-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Here's a "good news" read from one of the nurses doing the testing in one of the Melbourne towers. Yes it is from the ABC, but it's written by Lisa Peters, a registered nurse telling about here first hand experiences.

yes very good indeed, a pity there not more first hand things written up like that. Especially considering the only idea most of those in the towers knew about what was going on was on their tvs.

The ABC must have assumed she was referring to commercial networks to let this print through " I'd like the broader community to understand that sometimes media portrayals of what goes on are not necessarily true. "?

• The Following User Says Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (12-07-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Last edited by lsemmens; 11-07-20 at 08:51 PM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post

i'm sorry I think its a load of crap - to quote from the nurse - " I had never been exposed to public housing, violence or police incidents. " what sort of nurse in any sort of hospital has never been exposed to public housing, violence or police incidents ??? maybe a nurse on a different planet ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-07-20)

Thanks

I would say quite a few of them. Just depends on where you are and what you do as a nurse.

There are so many facets of that job.

• The Following User Says Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

tristen (14-07-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I spent a LOT of time in public hospitals with my late wife, the only area that did tend to see most of that sort of crap behaviour was A&E, so, if they worked on the wards, then there was very little of it there.If you worked in surgery or ICU, I'd suggest, nil.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    i'm sorry I think its a load of crap - to quote from the nurse - " I had never been exposed to public housing, violence or police incidents. " what sort of nurse in any sort of hospital has never been exposed to public housing, violence or police incidents ??? maybe a nurse on a different planet ?
    I think she was talking about in the context of the Public Housing environment. But you are free to think what you like eh?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

I think that "a load of crap" is perhaps a bit strong. Could it be that some of these residents were behaving themselves BECAUSE there were cops and cameras there in abundance? And said nurse, by her own admission, has no idea what to look for as she's never been exposed to it?

In my experience, some of these places (and I've never been to these particular communities) are bloody awful. We have'em in Canberra.....drugs and violence abound....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

george65 (13-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

And in one sentence the abc (I would bet $$$ those were not said nurses exact words/phrasing) labels said pubic housing as violent/drugs/police......................and you know the (usual) answer as to why...............it because of racism/white ppl are bad/we are not giving ppl living in pubic housing enough $$$$$$$$

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (14-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    ...it because of racism/white ppl are bad/we are not giving ppl living in pubic housing enough $$$$$$$$
    That's about the size of it.

If you have worked hard, Saved, paid your taxes and been a contributor to society, stayed out of trouble with the law, you are " Privileged" and supposed to be sympathetic to the career Dole bludgers and those that have pissed their money up the wall on booze, Drugs, whatever. Likewise with those that arrived here 20 years ago and still can't speak a word of English and have never worked a day since they got here and keep supporting them literally till you die.

Should you DARE make comment that is not the sympathetic PC soft of heart and head mentality, You are at least a Racist and much worse.
    In my book, you reap the seeds you sow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (14-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Stage 4 restrictions coming soon to Melbourne.. Not Good.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Stage 4 restrictions coming soon to Melbourne.. Not Good.
    how do you know this?
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

It was on the News, another 2 deaths and 270 cases in Victoria.. It's looking like stage 4 real soon..

Maybe by the weekend or next week if things don't improve.
    Last edited by Johnno; 14-07-20 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks

I wonder what does stage 4 mean?
    Shooting people who went to local supermarket to buy some food?

I have a feeling that until we have an effective vaccine after second wave we will have third, fourth etc. I see NSW goes to lock down soon as well and then the history repeats itself. All this "suppression strategy" works in society with high level of law obedience which I can't see around at all. Delay vaccine and society will get the herd immunity anyway but hard way unfortunately.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Johnno (14-07-20)

Thanks

Infectious diseases expert at Australian National University Sanjaya Senanayake appeared on the ABC's 7.30 program a bit earlier and he gave some insight into what a Stage 4 lockdown could look like.

It means very limited, very restricted movement. It will be mentally challenging for all the residents who are under that stage 4 lockdown. It will have economic consequences, too.

He said further lockdowns are "on the table, for sure". And Shootings.. LOL
    Last edited by Johnno; 14-07-20 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks

This is all starting to stink to me.

The idea was to " Flatten the curve" and now it's gone way, waaay beyond that and all this talk of these things like social distancing, limited gatherings and other crap in perpetuity is starting to worry me.
    The front is they are trying to save peoples lives but that does not add up. I ask why are they trying so hard with this when there are so many other things that kill far more people and they don't worry about them? Smoking would be the prime candidate. If they are so worried about people catrching the flu and ending up in hospital taking up beds and then dying, why hasn't smoking been banned years ago?

Maybe it's because there is money in fags and that's why they just don't outright ban them ( and I mean money from the Tobacco Companies to political interests as well as sales).

Yes, I am the suspicious type and it's served me bloody well over the years. Far from infallible but I have learned to listen to my gut feeling and something is telling me there is more to this than meets the eye.
    Not about to suggest it's to do with some new world order or the Illuminati or whatever other Hocus pocus people go on with, but the time and Billions being put into this not just here but around the world is about something more than stopping people getting sick.

It's got to the question of what is worse, the disease or the prevention already. I am of the understanding that only the serious cases need hospitalisation and many people diagnosed just stay at home and get over it. It's not the automatic get it and you are dead no question about it that it has been made out.
    It's pretty clear this is waaay over hyped by the media ( would you expect anything less?) and the gubbermints play along with that as well.

I don't know what the angle to this is yet but I'm getting more and more confident there is a lot of slight of hand going on thats for sure and when it comes to light, it's not going to be something people will be happy about but by then it's going to be too late.

I'm not even sure the pollies are in on this.
    Seems bigger than them as well. Most are just following what the other countries are doing and taking advise from their health authourities which are pretty much all as clueless as each other having this foisted on them so fast.

Thanks

Got to say, All these " New Norms" are already shitting me to Fking tears.

Drove home from the country last night and had a pit stop at maccas. There is a 1" Rail dividing the people going in and the people going out of the place. Nothing else, just a piece of 1" Chrome pipe dividing the same walkway. I looked and thought WTF good is that going to do? If anything, I can see it making things worse by being another surface for people to touch as they walk along. First thing any old person does when they see a rail is put their hand on the thing.

I got a Dirty look from some old Cow at the front of Big W the other day when I walked in the wrong side of the 2" rail they had. Yeah, walk in and out separately to keep everyone safe but once you are in the joint, just Mingle round like normal and walk close by through the narrow aisles that force you together. You won't catch the china flu like that but if you don't walk in and out separated on the right side of that railing..... You're dead mate!

Same with Bunnings. went there too many times last week and one girl was virtually screaming at my father when he went to exit the same way he came in. Sure, he's deaf but the carry on was simply ridiculous. When she ran up to him when the shouting and yelling didn't work when he was almost out the door and directed him back, He thought she thought he was stealing something and immediately showed her his receipt. I made a point to tell him loudly that no, she didn't think he was stealing the Cash register or the payroll, just walking out the door the wrong way like that was a life or death crime against humanity. His reply of " Well what difference does that make when we walked in that way"? was on point.
    The carry on was justified for a shoplifter but not an old guy walking out the wrong way when there wasn't another fker in sight.

And sign the book every time you go somewhere for a coffee or a feed. Yeah, Fk that! Anyone thinks I'm leaving my name and phone number around for anyone to knock off, think again. I am told that either some places Do or will require you to leave additional details like email or residential address. The only thing I'll be leaving if that is a requirement is the premises and finding somewhere else to go even if that is home.

I'm BLOODY sure I had a far better risk of getting sick from being made to stand outside in the Freezing cold the other night while waiting for our Fish and chips than any risk I ran from waiting inside the shop with the 2 other people there.
    I know it's not the shops fault, they have that put on them but that does not make it any less ridiculous.

And all this BS that every shop counter has the Great wall of plastic tables surrounding it that are illogical by design because the first thing you do is lean over them to do whatever you have to and show the person serving you what you want or need or hand them the things you are buying which they pick up, scan and hand back.

Of course out in the shopping centre, no one is walking round wearing 3M diameter Hoola hoops to keep everyone else the required 1.5m away.

Hows that social Distancing BS working out on the buses and trains now anyway? All the buses still just have 12 people on them or are people packing in like normal because the services previously were inadequate anyway with 70 people onboard?

All this prevention is complete and utter BS because it's so half arsed. Nothing more than being seen to be doing something with gaping holes in every restriction that make the procedures completely and utterly pointless in stopping any transmittable disease.

Something that WOULD be worth while is everyone wearing masks and the BS about them only being effective for sick people is another Crock of shit as well.
    I suspect the reason they haven't brought this in is because they know there wouldn't be enough masks to go round and that would cause more problems and annoyance at all this china flu crap.
    Last edited by george65; 14-07-20 at 11:32 PM.

Thanks

What could Victoria's 'stage 4' restrictions against coronavirus look like if they were imposed?

Masks or face shields would likely be compulsory, If they allow people to go to work, they cannot go to work bare-faced.
    The Police can pull you up and ask WTF are you doing outside.

More businesses would need to close, the definition of what essential workers and businesses are would need to change.

Metro Melbourne could be split into self-contained zones. Including further limits to restrict travel within certain zones or postcodes.

Schools to be closed to stop the virus spreading between families.

In New Zealand, all businesses were closed apart from supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics and other organizations it described as "lifeline utilities" during the strictest period of its coronavirus response.

Australia took a different approach, allowing fashion retailers and hardware shops to stay open, sometimes leading to large crowds. (All being said on the News)
    Last edited by Johnno; 15-07-20 at 08:47 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

wotnot (15-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

What could Victoria's 'stage 4' restrictions against coronavirus look like if they were imposed?

=)
    Last edited by wotnot; 15-07-20 at 10:28 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (15-07-20),Johnno (17-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post

Australia took a different approach, allowing fashion retailers and hardware shops to stay open, sometimes leading to large crowds. (All being said on the News)
    Thing was though, we still, at least in the first round, had very low infection rates.

It wasn't till all the black bullshit matters rent a crowd and virtue signalers exercised their right to protest and the Habibs were screwing round with the newly arrived in quarantine and taking the clap home to the rest of the family that a real problem developed.

I think if the bunnings shopping trips were going to be a problem, with the record numbers of customers and sales they did, it would have well shown up by now.
    The fact it hasn't been a problem nin some places and has gone nuts in others to me shows that the authorities still don't have a real handle on this as to it's spread and transmission.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (15-07-20)

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast