Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid hits home

Thanks

Default Covid hits home

So it seems the hard facts of the covid infection are hitting home now, Black lives don't matter at all, apparently they just spread the disease like the rest of us, it hits them just like Whites Yellows and Chocolates, not forgetting the cream betweens. Just because the lock down is relaxed its not open shop and its all not over at all, probably it just begun.

Its not over by a long shot and that damage its going to do has just begun. Victoria, Brazil, Usa, Spain, Israel et al, only the deluded think its over and its back to making money as usual.

A sad tale but true even if it gives the cops a power hardon (edit with all of the new powers and fines that will remain after covid.
    Last edited by hca; 07-07-20 at 12:41 PM. Reason: sitill time to fix the last line.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

eaglem (07-07-20),Mr 672A (07-07-20)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,963 Times in 9,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hca View Post

A sad tale but true even if it gives the cops a power hardon.
    I don't think so. I'm sure they would rather not deal with this sh!t at all. Its the premiers and state bureaucrats that are getting a hard on, and have been for some time. Even if they are useless....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (09-07-20),alpha0ne (07-07-20),fromaron (07-07-20),gulliver (08-07-20),hca (07-07-20),lsemmens (08-07-20),SS Dave (07-07-20)

Thanks

maybe I coined it incomplete, I was reflecting on all these new laws and fines and enforcement controls from BB that will probably remain after covid, not the poor fellas at the front line under those towers or out sat along the border either.

• The Following User Says Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

enf (07-07-20)

Thanks

So now its hit home, I heard him say Melbourne 6 weeks, those who quietly and humbly rationed their resources over the last few months with the hope of recovery some time soon, now find themselves right back where they were in March, but this time in a very much weakened position with depleted resources to begin another repeat performance.

I feel so very sorry for those who now see themselves really looking into the abyss.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

A sad tale but true even if it gives the cops a power hardon (edit with all of the new powers and fines that will remain after covid.
    Do you really think I want to have to get up close and personal with some infected fcuk wit?

The only power trip is the public who think that the world revolves around social media
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (09-07-20),alpha0ne (08-07-20),lsemmens (08-07-20),mandc (08-07-20),tollspd (08-07-20),VroomVroom (08-07-20),wotnot (07-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    Do you really think I want to have to get up close and personal with some infected fcuk wit?

The only power trip is the public who think that the world revolves around social media
    Another fine insight into the professional disposition and mindset of some police.
    You get the china flu, you must be a fkwit.
    Such a Helpful, " Be of service and assistance" attitude towards the general public one would assume they were there to help. So much for that idea.

I wonder if other Cops, Nurses and doctors, and ambos are Fkwits if they get it too?

The us and them mentality demonstrated perfectly.
    Sad.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (07-07-20)

Thanks

Nearly made me sick tonight watching the complete and utter sensationalist Bullshit on the news over the people locked in the towers in Melbourne.

Complaining they hadn't been given enough to eat and no toilet paper etc after only 3 Days confined to their own homes.
    One was going on about not having a hot meal in 3 days.
    They are in their HOMES, not in a prison camp tent!

In effect what they are complaining about amounts to they had NO food in their homes and no way to cook a hot meal.....
    What? , do they go shopping every day only for enough for that days meals and keep no food in their house?? Is a Hot meal Take away and that's the only hot meal tey have? Did they all run out of bog roll in the last 3 days?

How many people would not have enough food in the cupboard for a week at any time? No one I know of!

The media make me sick they way they Push this Bullshit. It's a complete and utter insult to a persons intelligence.
    Bloody good reason I don't watch TV and this news Bullshit. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but this crap is aimed at an audience with the presumption they are complete and utter brain dead morons devoid of any Cognitive or rational ability what so ever and will believe whatever irrational crap they are fed.

Are people really that stupid they can sell this shit and have people coming back for more every day??
    Absolutely incredible.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (08-07-20),Johnno (07-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

How many people would not have enough food in the cupboard for a week at any time? No one I know of!
    Also, what is wrong with shopping online in Coles?

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (07-07-20),gulliver (08-07-20),Johnno (07-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

I watched the same bullshit news.. Housing commission towers full of people that struggle in life that seem to drive Audi's & Bmw's. How does that work? FFS..

Vertical cruise ships is what they're called around here...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

gulliver (08-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,963 Times in 9,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

I do. Ya wanna know why? Because that was the advice given by the government and the chief medical officer when this whole cluster fvck began. A few cans and some powdered and long life milk. NOT F*CKING HARD.

If the population at large just took the advice of the calm heads (Morrison and Brendan Murphy) instead of blathering about all the crap that was being dished up by the media....and took a few simple steps that were recommended by these people, then there wouldn't be as much hassle.

Once the state premiers were given the keys to the car then all the problems began.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fromaron (08-07-20),porkop (08-07-20),Tiny (08-07-20)

Thanks

aside from all this, the sad bit is those that small business owners who were looking at trying to get going, now may not be able to do so.

another 6 weeks - I think they said will send lots to beyond the line of return.

really sad outcome for a lot in Melbourne and it affects everyone in the end

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

enf (07-07-20),gulliver (08-07-20),hca (08-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Because that was the advice given by the government and the chief medical officer when this whole cluster fvck began. A few cans and some powdered and long life milk. NOT F*CKING HARD.
    I was raised by my grandparents.
    My wife grew up with her grandparents always close around. Of course they remembered the war years and never forgot. Having things in reserve was kind of instilled into us both.

Mrs always keeps plenty of food, tinned, fresh and Frozen.
    I keep a 3000L tank full of potable water and also generators ready to go as well as a couple of stoves.

In Honesty, I always felt "reassured" with this but also that it was overkill and probably a bit over the top.
    Until about march this year.

We have increased reserves of things, not like preppers to survive for years, but to be able to overcome in panic buying shortage or interruption to supply. I have put away fuel which I'll also rotate and set up some solar arrays on 24 to 240V inverters with batteries which will run the fridges without running a generator.

Yeah, Probably is a bit much and if things get really bad may be useless but as you say, it's not hard, not costly, and it makes us feel a bit more comfortable.
    Plus,if Mrs doesn't feel like going shopping, she never has to.

I have also stocked up my fathers freezers with Frozen Veg, Fish and other various things which are nutritious and would last him several weeks.
    Long life milk was something we got more in of and I also got some for Dad. He has a generator and always keeps plenty of fuel so will be able to keep the frozens that way.

Not hard to stock up on a few standby food items and rotate them as you go.

Pretty amazed there is another run on Bog roll.
    Was never in short supply before, just stupid demand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    aside from all this, the sad bit is those that small business owners who were looking at trying to get going, now may not be able to do so.

another 6 weeks - I think they said will send lots to beyond the line of return.

really sad outcome for a lot in Melbourne and it affects everyone in the end

Not to worry about those on the government tit, or payroll for that matter, what happens to those who have depleted their reserves during this, be it those doing it alone or those now on a much reduced cash flow trying to hold things together. Retirees, tradies, newly unemployed, self employed et al, quietly that number is increasing daily, more and more peoples net worth is approaching zero and now to confront another open ended 6 weeks.

How long after your bankrupt till you can get help at the CES?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post

Vertical cruise ships is what they're called around here...
    yes that's been said a lot today, quite popular with the media. A bit like a greyhound that's tree'd a possum in an apple tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Centrelink wont piss on you unless you are down to your last $500. A friend of mine in Sydney lost her entire catering business , staff , equipment , the lot. Approached centrelink for help and was rejected on the grounds that she owned a rental property and had rent coming in. they didn't seem to care that the whole rent was going into mortgage repayments on said property. so she made money short term by letting out 2 rooms in her residental house.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

hca (08-07-20)

Thanks

what happens to those who have depleted their reserves during this, be it those doing it alone or those now on a much reduced cash flow trying to hold things together. Retirees, tradies, newly unemployed, self employed et al, quietly that number is increasing daily, more and more peoples net worth is approaching zero and now to confront another open ended 6 weeks.

My missus was lke that here in WA, she has her own electrical contracting business - sole trader thankfully which made it a bit easier.
    Work was nothing for about 9 weeks due to most of her clients being elderly or others, which made it hard.
    We used alot of our savings to pay the on going business costs e.g insurances, loan, creditors
    and were close to saying the end. It would have been if she had employees, so we understand the issues others face.

Job keeper did help but took so long to come through and now she has apart time job at the school.

For those in Melbourne area, I do honestly feel for them, especially the families. The numbers looking for genuine help is going to increase, but those who do nothing get help without question and then use it for rubbish.

Lets kick the aussie battler in the guts again

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

gulliver (08-07-20),hca (08-07-20),VroomVroom (09-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

NSW reported seven new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday from 9746 tests, including a man who tested negative in hotel quarantine before returning home to Newcastle on Sunday and developing respiratory symptoms.
    There's the problem right there.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

hca (08-07-20)

Thanks

NSW reported seven new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday from 9746 tests, including a man who tested negative in hotel quarantine before returning home to Newcastle on Sunday and developing respiratory symptoms.
    That's a Huge worry!

I wonder what the error margin is in the tests?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Waiting to see the reporting (as if ) on the unprecedented drop in crime figures, especially burglary in the suburbs surrounding said vertical cruise ships.................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Waiting to see the reporting (as if ) on the unprecedented drop in crime figures, especially burglary in the suburbs surrounding said vertical cruise ships.................
    I wonder what other stats will be different?
    Drug arrests, drug over doses, alcohol related stats ( Drop in liquor shop turnover?) assaults, shoplifting..... Unless they are complimentary, you can bet your arse they will never see the light of day.
    Only one way to think after all and anything other than blowing sunshine is " Hate" speech.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

enf (08-07-20)

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast