Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Covid hits home

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Just heard on the radio, another 1 death and 238 cases in Victoria.. Very Frustrating. People are Not taking it Serious.

Still plenty of people roaming the streets. Poor behavior!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Neighbour told me this afternoon we are now banned from entering qld because we live in an area Qld deems a " Hotspot".

Too bad for Qld. Neighbour was a little pissed as he was heading up there on Friday to take delivery of the new $85K caravan he was going to buy. I said but we are nowhere near there. He made enquiries this afternoon and was told he wouldn't be allowed in because of the postcode on his licence. As he now can't get it, He pulled the plug and already got his deposit back. Was planning on a fortnight in qld while they were getting the thing but have changed their mind now. Didn't waste any time getting another one that was their 2nd Choice which is built in Vic. They are bringing it across the border for him after paying some company to professionally clean and seal it and provide paperwork to get it in the state. I was surprised he got one so quick and they certainly are bending over backwards to sell it to him.

Neighbour and the Mrs have decided to wander back up through the south coast and support some of the fire ravaged towns instead. This pair got over $1.6M from her mothers estate Christmas before last and they weren't short of a quid before. Guess they won't be spending it qld, ever again from what the guy said today and I can't see him living long enough to forgive and forget this particular event he and the mrs have taken as a great personal insult and aggravation.

The fact we live in the Campbelltown area which is 26 KM away from where we are and Liverpool is further, makes us social Leppers apparently. That's too bad. I live in one of the cheaper houses in the street. Mines only worth about 1.9M . Most here are well over $2m and 3m in the area is not even at the impressive end. House literally round the corner was featured in the SMH property guide last year as one of the top houses in the country. Wouldn't want people who live in hovels like that that going to qld would they? Of course the new owners of that place would fly their plane they have at the airport down the road there but guess they don't want peasants like us up there.

I haven't been to Campbelltown or Liverpool in well over a year. I doubt many people round here have. Sure they are immigrant and bogan filled shitholes but it's a whole different world where we are. Bit like Redfern and Double bay which would be closer to one another. Lumping us all in the same boat is going to put a LOT of very well heeled noses out of joint in this area. As for the casula hotel, Thats at least 35 Km away and I'd guarantee the names of the people round here that have been there in the last 5 years could be written in the top left hand corner of a postage stamp in 12 point.

My mate on his 20 acre Multi Million estate is even further out but has the same post code and goes to QLD every year around this time being his quieter period. Normally drops 10-20K on his holiday as they go on every tour, experience etc and eats Lobster every damn day in the best hotels and resorts but I'm damn sure he won't be taking this real well.

Lets see how the Qld economy and tourist industry's get on in the coming 12 months and beyond. Good chance the Chinese Tourists will be noticeable by their absence, Japs are already over the place and now they have pissed off a good amount of the locals. They have lost $100K to their economy in people I know and talk to every week, wonder how many more that will blow out to? Been getting " come to qld" emails and offers daily for months but I think I'll stay here in lepperville from now on or maybe see what the NT or WA have and broaden my horizons a bit.

For " The smart state", they sure seem to be making some real Dumb decisions.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,075 Times in 9,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

For " The smart state", they sure seem to be making some real Dumb decisions.
    It's got nothing to do with intelligent decisions. It's got EVERYTHING to do with political scamming for the up coming state election. The ALP in QLD have to appear to be in control and showing real leadership. Bankrupting the state is irrelevant to them as they just don't give a sh!t.

They'll try to blame Morrison and the feds later. McGowan in WA is playing the same cheap political game. Despite having the highest unemployment rate in the country, he'll try to shift the blame to the coalition when all the free money runs out.

It's the ALP at it's cheapest and finest.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,528 Posts

Bankrupting the state is irrelevant to them as they just don't give a sh!t.
    I've been alive 60-something years, and I can safely say this is the same for all politicians in the country, regardless of political party (and the ones that think different never make it into power, and thus have no track record).

As for Qld and the economic damage caused by all this, it's exports that are leading the charge there (or lack thereof), and there's nothing the political softcocks can do about that...(those that have cocks anyhow, do your own gender abridging where necessary)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    It's got nothing to do with intelligent decisions.
    Can't argue with that!
    Haven't heard of one intelligent decision they have made so far!

The ALP in QLD have to appear to be in control and showing real leadership.
    I would suggest if that is the goal, they are going about it entirely the wrong way.

Bankrupting the state is irrelevant to them as they just don't give a sh!t.
    Nothing new there. Pollies are only concerned about the next term or 2 at best and then they move on to something else and let the next guy deal with the shit they left behind.

They'll try to blame Morrison and the feds later.
    Also straight out of the universal Political Playbook. Win an election making all sorts of promises and then the day after you get in say " Sorry, can't do any of that because the other guy we took over from Fked things up too much and we didn't know how bad things were but we'll try our best to do what we can but we can't keep any of the promises you elected us for".

There have been some big and ongoing scams in the world, BLM, Climate Change, Y2K, Ponzi Schemes, but the biggest and longest running scam of all is without a doubt, Politics!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,075 Times in 9,093 Posts

There have been some big and ongoing scams in the world, BLM, Climate Change, Y2K, Ponzi Schemes, but the biggest and longest running scam of all is without a doubt, Politics!
    Religion....lay down mazaire.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (16-07-20),Tiny (16-07-20),VroomVroom (17-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,528 Posts

...lay down mazaire

More like closed misère really, 'coz you never see all of their cards & ulterior motives...the 3 tricks one never sees, held behind closed doors ... ie; wouldn't be the first time I gotten away with a a closed misère call whilst holding the bird all along, and as we say in the game, an open misère hand is never far away from a slam no-trumps...you just need to know where the bird is, that's the trick =^)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (16-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

I won't post todays deaths and infected cases reported in Vic, (google it) but it's getting out of control.

Hurry up and introduce stage 4 you dickhead Dan, It's the only way to stop this shit atm without a vaccine.

People are not taking it as serious and still having house parties FFS.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (17-07-20),shred (18-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I was sent this linkage this morning........

But he cited historic issues of underfunding dating back to white-minority rule, and insisted that his department was rising to the challenge of Covid-19.
    Blame whitey !!

I bet those whites who used to run the place are really ashamed of themselves for letting the incoming hoards seeking a better life/work in white rule SA (literally millions of them) fleeing their own dysfunctional black governed hell holes from all over Africa take over the country

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post

fleeing their own dysfunctional black governed hell holes from all over Africa take over the country

Are there many/ any black run countries in the world that aren't poverty stricken Shitholes?

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (20-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Are there many/ any black run countries in the world that aren't poverty stricken Shitholes?

But isn't it funny how damn near every black gubmint/country is eerily similar ??...........ohhhh wait.............its because of whitey being nasty 100 yars ago..................building housing that is still in use today..............along with ports...................and railways !!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I won't post todays deaths and infected cases reported in Vic, (google it) but it's getting out of control.

Hurry up and introduce stage 4 you dickhead Dan, It's the only way to stop this shit atm without a vaccine.

People are not taking it as serious and still having house parties FFS.
    I won't argue with you about Dan but for different reason.

Dan and his cabinet seems cannot take control of the problem. By control I mean stopping the source of infections keeping state economy at least crawling.
    Majority of the horrid new cases lately come from known places for some time now. Yes, retirement villages are the real problem here and the source as was reported linked to casual staff who are moving between different facilities infecting more and more people having no PPEs supplied.

I understand those casual workers are low paid and have to take at least two jobs (two retirement villages) to earn enough money.
    So the source is known for quite some time and Dan did nothing to solve it.

How do they see stage 4 is going to solve the problem is a mystery to me and sounds like a lot of crap or government attempt to hide own incompetency behind "actions" visibility.
    Instead of spending money on economy destruction why not to have focused approach? Spend money on keeping the staff equipped and safe and provide sufficient incentives to casuals to work part time only till the pandemic passes. Also restricting access to the village might be a good idea instead of restricting entire state.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Johnno (17-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    But isn't it funny how damn near every black gubmint/country is eerily similar ??
    Yep!
    the leader is a corrupt as it gets dictator that siphons off all the money in the country while all but the well off are starving. They turn the military into a corrupt private army whom roam around Raping, pillaging and murdering at will. They have wither just come out of a civil war or are about to go into one. The countries largely rely on foreign aid to survive at all and the majority of that is taken by the dictator in charge or his Cronies.

The countries have no health facilities worth a damn, no social security or assistance, no real government or assistance and the places are inevitably crime ridded and lawless hell holes as well. More of the people live in slums than in any sort of decent standard of housing and the countries are the last places on earth you would want to find yourself.

And the most significant thing of all is, they do it to themselves. Nothing to do with whites, It's always one black doing it to other blacks, their countrymen.
    Every single time. But of course they blame it on white people with some excuse or another when the truth is they are overwhealmingly too fking lazy and dishonest to get off their arses and better themselves and Improve their situation.

When you look at these aid agencys, they are always working in black countries. I can't ever remember seeing anything where they were aiding a white country.
    Now while there may be some minute possibility to their claims that the white people don't give them a fair go in white countries, there sure is no putting that 0one up in black countries.

I won't give to any of these aid organisations. Ever since I was a kid at school 50 years ago they have been trying to help the poor starving people.
    Those 2C I put in the tin when I was in kindergarten probably saved some kid my age.... who wient on to have kids themselves even thhought the situation hadn't changed whom probably have kids of their own or great grandkids they way they seem to be always reproducing.
    We are told the problem is worse than ever now.
    If they have been working on this problem for OVER 50 years and it's got worse, then clearly they are doing something bloody wrong and all the probably billions by now spent has been a complete failure and only exacerbated the problem.

No use throwing good money after bad and There are plenty of people here right at home that need a hand so I will and do help them first.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (20-07-20)

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234