Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Trump Vs Biden.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

This has always confused me, what is a left winger
    I remember an interview with the daughter of Premier Hamer in Vic many years ago, she was asked did she vote for her father, the answer was no, as she claimed she had a social conscious
    Now if you have a social conscious, eg global warming, are you automatically a lefty, possibly if you are influenced by the Murdoch media, the answer is yes, the ABC the answer is no
    I have a social conscious, yet i run a private enterprise, live in a good middle class area,like my toys just as any other man does, but i am a leftie evidently
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

It seems increasingly likely that Republicans will lose both Georgia Senate races today.
    Donald Trump is once again raising baseless concerns about the legitimacy of the vote count on twitter. More fraud claims coming.. lol
    95% count completed and the Dems are up 34,000.
    Last edited by Johnno; 06-01-21 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks

“If Vice President Mike Pence comes through for us, we will win the Presidency,” Trump tweeted just then.

The US congress convenes in a joint session on Wednesday afternoon to receive the certified presidential election results from the states and announce the winner. Vice-president Mike Pence will preside in his ceremonial role as president of the senate. Neither the constitution nor election law gives Pence any role beyond calling on members of congress and then announcing the result.

But Trump is pressuring Pence to go rogue and... something. As with most of Trump’s internet-grown conspiracy theories, the president’s messaging is disconnected from reality.
    Last edited by Johnno; 06-01-21 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Left is generally considered to be ‘progressive’, right is generally seen to be ‘conservative’. Clearly not every political topic with fit those categories, hence why I think the ‘left’ and ‘right’ labels are misnomers.

I find ‘left’ and ‘right’ are generally terms used by those who argue the extremes of political party lines. They label themselves and others to create divisions that would otherwise unlikely exist. If someone doesn’t agree with a ‘rightist’ view on a subject, they are labelled a ‘leftist’ (and visa-versa) even if their views on other topics are similar - this occurs frequently on this forum.

The vast majority of people are centralists and hold views from both ‘sides’ of the political spectrum, depending on the issue at hand. They are neither ‘left’ nor ‘right’, regardless of what political party they may generally align themselves with.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

enf (07-01-21),Onefella (07-01-21),tristen (06-01-21),Uncle Fester (07-01-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    He may turn out great, but I haven't been confident in ANY president in the last 25 years or so except perhaps Obama, and he was a bit of a disappointment.

I think a real civil conflict is on the way, which will please China no end.
    It is now looking likely Biden will have more powers than Obama (at least I may have got that prediction right from my second last post) ...so he better do great !!!

Real gun laws in the USA, what a shocker that would be.
    Proper education for all in the USA, so they finally can find out that Australia is not part of Europe but owned by China, the shocks will never end.

Trump will not stop heating up a revolution, so I agree it is going to be VERY hard for any democratic president to deal with that.
    If Biden could actually manage to calm the 'crazies' down, that would be the greatest achievement I can imagine right now + convincing more than 50% to take the vaccine.
    As I said a while ago, the USA needs a sedative or sleeping tablet, not sure what word I chose but Biden fits both.

If they could only find some way to confine Trump to his Florida mansion and golf course and reroute all his twits to 127.0.0.1 there may be a way.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (07-01-21)

Thanks

Trump supporters causing all sorts of problems in the Washington rally today.. This is Unbelievable !! Where's the security ?? National guard will be called for sure.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Left is generally considered to be ‘progressive’, right is generally seen to be ‘conservative’. Clearly not every political topic with fit those categories, hence why I think the ‘left’ and ‘right’ labels are misnomers.

I find ‘left’ and ‘right’ are generally terms used by those who argue the extremes of political party lines. They label themselves and others to create divisions that would otherwise unlikely exist. If someone doesn’t agree with a ‘rightist’ view on a subject, they are labelled a ‘leftist’ (and visa-versa) even if their views on other topics are similar - this occurs frequently on this forum.

The vast majority of people are centralists and hold views from both ‘sides’ of the political spectrum, depending on the issue at hand. They are neither ‘left’ nor ‘right’, regardless of what political party they may generally align themselves with.
    Very well articulated, could not sum it up as well

Premium Member

Thanks

Well there you have it, it was so obvious that you have a group of insanity that will believe any thing told to them by a power hungry psychopath that they would invade the top echelon of power and cause disruption
    If you believe their cause is just, i suggest you go see a physiologist as you may have some underlining mental issues
    Pence is being told to do some thing that he has not the power to do nor the precedent, for the sake of stability< Pence should at this point disassociate him self from Trump

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

tristen (07-01-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Well there you have it, it was so obvious that you have a group of insanity that will believe any thing told to them by a power hungry psychopath that they would invade the top echelon of power and cause disruption
    If you believe their cause is just, i suggest you go see a physiologist as you may have some underlining mental issues
    Pence is being told to do some thing that he has not the power to do nor the precedent, for the sake of stability< Pence should at this point disassociate him self from Trump
    Did I miss something with the physiologist?

Pence has strung along with this guy about as long as is humanly possible....

Hahahaha...what a joke.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

When I saw Pence in the debate with Harris, there was something in his face while he was defending Trump that just didn't look right. I am not a great one for body language but it seemed like a very subtle sign that he was not always happy in his position at that moment.
    Now Trump announces that Pence doesn't have the courage to go rogue against the constitution after the Don put him under pressure.

The Capitol Hill riot speaks for itself, Trump clearly encouraged his mob and needs to be prosecuted and locked away (with no Internet access) together with his 'special people'.
    I can only hope democracy will prevail and Biden will still be announced today, so Trump's mob doesn't get some victory feel and more strength out of their disgusting actions.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

tristen (07-01-21)

Thanks

Unbelievable, Trump is still encouraging and praising them right now, not even a hint of condemnation:

[QUOTE]Donald Trump tweets again

"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long," the President wrote.
    "Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!"[/QUOTE]

This terrorist needs to be arrested and SILENCED right now !
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-01-21 at 10:26 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Uncle Fester;836997]Unbelievable, Trump is still encouraging and praising them right now, not even a hint of condemnation:

Donald Trump tweets again

"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long," the President wrote.
    "Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!"[/QUOTE]

This terrorist needs to be arrested and SILENCED right now !
    Why are you so intent on silencing him? So he's a loon. So what? Seems to me that you are a tad hysterical. Again.

Locking people up and silencing them is something that history shows is what repressive dictatorships do. Not even Trump did that. Perhaps they should suspend the US constitution using Trump as an excuse. Temporarily of course.

What's next? Re-education camps for both he and his supporters? Seems I've heard of that somewhere before.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-01-21)

Thanks

Why are you so intent on silencing him? So he's a loon. So what? Seems to me that you are a tad hysterical. Again.
    In interest for the protection of their national security.
    Facebook and twitter have already followed.

Protecting Trump again, you never give up.
    You think he is simply a loon? It is very naive to think that.
    I'm a tad hysterical ? What he incited today in the USA goes beyond anything that has happened there since the civil war.
    I am certain everybody in the world seeing this must be shaking their head right now, except you.
    ..but you could be right from earlier, China and probably also Putin might be 'secretly' laughing. China can now use this to show it's people how weak Democracy and the USA is.

The USA has a lot of damage to repair that Trump left behind.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-01-21 at 11:23 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    In interest for the protection of their national security.
    Facebook and twitter have already followed.

Protecting Trump again, you never give up.
    You think he is simply a loon? It is very naive to think that.
    I'm a tad hysterical ? What he incited today in the USA goes beyond anything that has happened there since the civil war.
    I am certain everybody in the world seeing this must be shaking their head right now, except you.
    ..but you could be right from earlier, China and probably also Putin might be 'secretly' laughing. China can now use this to show it's people how weak Democracy and the USA is.

The USA has a lot of damage to repair that Trump left behind.
    I'm not protecting Trump at all, just saying that he is guaranteed certain rights under the US constitution which you seem too easily prepared to ignore. THATS suspention of democracy and dictatorship talk by ANY definition.

To use Facebook and Twitter as examples of the suspension of freedom is dictatorial and repressive nonsense. You are as hysterical and willing to ignore democratic freedom and law as you say Trump is it seems to me. For the good of the people of course...

Perhaps you should start burning books that are contrary to your point of view....that's been done before hasn't it.

Thanks

So you are saying any terrorist should be freely allowed to spread their propaganda and call for violence in a democratic country and f&@k all national security ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    So you are saying any terrorist should be freely allowed to spread their propaganda and call for violence in a democratic country and f&@k all national security ?
    So your saying that anyone that YOU decide is a terrorist should have all rights stripped away...are you standing there in a Napoleonic pose with your right hand over your heart by any chance? Sounds more like Trump to me.

jeez, your naked hate is irrational man, really. Anyone that disagrees with your dictatorial opinion suddenly becomes a Trump defender.....

Thanks

So your saying that anyone that YOU decide is a terrorist should have all rights stripped away...are you standing there in a Napoleonic pose with your right hand over your heart by any chance? Sounds more like Trump to me.

jeez, your naked hate is irrational man, really. Anyone that disagrees with your dictatorial opinion suddenly becomes a Trump defender.....

I am not deciding anything.
    Many American officials are calling this a 'local act of terror' , 'domestic terrorists' incited by Trump.
    Maybe you should finally read the news on a proper network and find out what happened.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-01-21 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

I remember an interview with the daughter of Premier Hamer in Vic many years ago, she was asked did she vote for her father, the answer was no, as she claimed she had a social conscious
    Now if you have a social conscious, eg global warming, are you automatically a lefty, possibly if you are influenced by the Murdoch media, the answer is yes, the ABC the answer is no
    I have a social conscious, yet i run a private enterprise, live in a good middle class area,like my toys just as any other man does, but i am a leftie evidently
    I thought the correct terminology was "Leftie Bedwetter" or is that now redundant since the departure of a certain person.. LOL

Thanks

@bob_m_54, your avatar gets a whole new meaning in that discussion

bob_m_54 (08-01-21)

Thanks

Seems I am not the only one who thinks Trump should be removed ASAP:

RFI-EMI-GUY (07-01-21)

• Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142 LastLast