Thread: Japan will pay $536 Million for Companies to Leave CHINA.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Japan will pay $536 Million for Companies to Leave CHINA.

Hummmm, This is interesting. just for starter 87 companies will do this.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-07-20),eaglem (23-07-20),gordonwh40 (22-07-20),hinekadon (23-07-20)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Hummmm, This is interesting. just for starter 87 companies will do this.

Sounds like good business sense to me. Something that our governments seem very short on. How many years is it since Australia could be in a position to say "get stuffed" to the rest of the world and not affect our way of life? I'd posit that it was about the middle of LAST CENTURY!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hca (22-07-20),Mr 672A (23-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

great idea , I just hope other countries do the same.
    The USA is also undergoing a gradual reversal , starting with car companies and the construction industry.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-07-20),Mr 672A (23-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

US calls on India to reduce dependence on China. /it's happening..

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-07-20),Mr 672A (23-07-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    great idea , I just hope other countries do the same.
    The USA is also undergoing a gradual reversal , starting with car companies and the construction industry.
    The more the better and if all western countries do this this alone will tell china to wake up. The only friends that China will have is all the small African countries that voted for china at united nations.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-07-20)

Thanks

The only issue there is that the Chinese get aggressive when pushed.. They have done it to Australia and the Europeans with sanctions of there own, also the US & China the two biggest World Economies is at it's lowest point in decades.

(Reuters) - "The U.S. demand this week that China close its consulate in Houston". The UK have dump the Chinese owned 5G off their Communications Network.

Not to mention - "The Chinese navy has confronted Australian warships in the South China Sea during a voyage that saw them sail close to contested islands claimed by Beijing."

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

This story is hardly relevant to us as we are shamefully the lowest when it comes to manufacturing in general:

We wouldn't be allowed to sit at the same table with Japan on this matter.

A few little Aussie businesses might be working in China but it dwarfs what the Chinese are is doing inside our country.
    If the Chinese were all to suddenly leave Australia our economy would probably shut down.

Like it or not, we need them and it will take a VERY long time for us to become reasonably self sufficient, if at all.

What make me sick is hearing all the time stories about our poor suffering restaurants because of the lock downs.
    It looks like eating out is our only flourishing industry.
    Ppl are so dependant that they can't even cook their own food anymore, so how will it be possible to change our mentality to start producing our own stuff?

I really hope Covid causes a lot of restaurants to permanently close and new businesses emerge instead where items, clothes, etc are locally manufactured, in small and large so we can actually afford to tell China to get stuffed one day.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-07-20 at 11:30 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Johnno (23-07-20)

Thanks

I agree with some of your points Uncle Fester, Unless Australian's will work for peanuts per hour, Manufacturing in a big scale will not happen here.
    People still want Cheap Cheap.. Businesses want Profits, shareholders want Profits.

India will take up the slack for $5hr or the African continent for $4hr. Their only problem is Infrastructure. /Roads, Ports, Telecommunications all need major overhaul which will take a decade if not more..
    It took China 30yrs to have one off the best PORTS I've seen. It all takes time... Rome wasn't built in 6months.. lol

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (23-07-20)

Thanks

I hardly buy takeaway and maybe eat at a restaurant once a month. /maybe... It's the younger generation that can NOT cook..
    Job seeker were giving double payments because they will spend and the gov will get gst back..
    Pensioners got jack shit because they save their money and don't spend on takeaway..
    Last edited by Johnno; 23-07-20 at 12:18 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

hca (23-07-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Yes the wage problem.

A major rethinking is required and major blockages are also in the way from the side of our Government with their overzealous restrictions and red tape which leads to excessive production costs that have nothing to do with the wages of the workers.
    The hourly rate for many in hospitality for example is pathetic compared to our housing cost, our most important basic need of life that our Government allowed speculators to drive up.

The only way I can see this working these days is partial Automation even with smaller businesses.
    Programmable robotic arms will get cheaper if there is demand, to do the physical labour and replace cheap labour with skilled higher payed workers who program and maintain the systems and manage everything.
    My 14 y/o son is getting this to build and program for his birthday:
    This is hardly a toy anymore, the only difference with the ones used in factories is the size and power. Unfortunately it is being held back in customs. Goes to show how little our Gov supports intelligent learning toys and self development.

Think of farming, nobody touches a spade and a hoe anymore. Huge investments are made for the machinery, yet that industry had survived up to now, if it were not for the inclement weather lately (draught and fires), which looks here to stay.

Small scale family businesses can work too with hand labour, producing high quality individual items and clothing on order for those who can afford it and don't want 'off the shelf items'.

Things can be done but nobody is willing to do them.
    All talk and complaints but no can do !
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-07-20 at 12:43 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Johnno (24-07-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

THe only issue with restaurants and food stores isn't so much the COVID, but the lack of planning. If you own, say a pub, and order in a case of beer then the govt closes you down, yet again, that case can, at least stay on ice for a few weeks until you open again. A restaurant or any other fresh produce supplier, i.e. restaurant, is told that they can open on "opening day" so the shops all order in ready for opening day, suddenly the govt changes its mind. The poor restaurateur is then stuck with a lot of fresh produce that must be consumed within a couple of days, No chance of putting on ice for a few weeks.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Johnno (24-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

A few little Aussie businesses might be working in China but it dwarfs what the Chinese are is doing inside our country.
    My 14 y/o son is getting this to build and program for his birthday: Unfortunately it is being held back in customs
    Now where pray tell did that particular Item come from?
    Oh, There it is:
    Longgang District,Shenzhen, China

it will take a VERY long time for us to become reasonably self sufficient, if at all.
    Yes, especially when people keep buying stuff from them thereby keeping it business as usual with no economic penality for all the shitfluckery they are doing to so many countries besides what they have done with their deliberately manufactured and released Chinaah Flu weapon.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    THe only issue with restaurants and food stores isn't so much the COVID, but the lack of planning.
    I worked with the restaurant Industry for more than 10 years as a business consultant.
    The lack of planning goes way beyond ordering, the industry has one of the highest rates of failure of all. It's what I call a " Glamour" industry, so many people want to have their own eatery but so few have a Fking clue what is REALLY involved.

I think a LOT of takeaways or those that easily adapt to take away only ( like burger and fish and chip shops that only have a few tables anyway) will be thriving. Those from Bistros up will be hurting. Bad! I pushed Take away with a few businesses I worked with 20 odd years ago. When you have the place pretty much full and you need / want more income, it's the logical and only way you can go. It always met with resistance from the business owners and it was always a run away success.
    that was before all these Menulog etc setups and we just used to have some kids that basically waited outside till and order came in and they nominated their ( fixed) delivery charge which they got. Too high people would come in, they lost out. It worked well though. The best ones were the holiday towns in peak periods. People were happy to pay the extra and not have to go out again in the packed places and they could have something they liked as well as keep the kids happy.

There are load of predictable things that cause businesses to fail in that game, and a huge one is Ignorance and literally, failing to plan. The amount of people that go into the food game and will straight out tell you, they don't need to write a business plan because they have worked in the industry or are great chefs or.....
    whatever. Many want the dream which more times than not in their minds even if they aren't saying it is to be able to have friends and family in their place and it's a " glory thing first and foremost over a business.

Even when setup and run as well as can be, it's still a tough game. So many time I argued with people looking to set up a place, both for the first time and having had other places, about going to the local chamber of commerce or council and get me the numbers... How many people in the area, what is the age breakdown, the income level, ethnicity... etc and they would tell me they didn't need to know that, it would be OK.... Blah blah.
    Many want to and think they can be the best and their food will be great but even if it is, that's 20% of the equation. There are so many things involved.

In fairness, not a lot different to a lot of other business people, first timers especially but this is a tough game and it's an easy one to get into and blow a lot of money Real fast. One thing I did find with the Restaurant industry, they have below ( well below) idea of marketing and promotion. They think their food is great so they will be successful.

I reckon there will be SHITLOADS of restaurants go under. Long established places, good places, profitable places. Thing are just out of their control now and the average margins are not high. Sure there are the Gold mines but for every place raking in the bucks, there are 100 that are struggling. And often the most upmarket and lavish places and not making the money the average punter would think.

I think a LOT of them will Crash and a lot will spring up after this Chinah Flu BS is all over... If ever it's really going to be over.
    The ones that fall will leave gaps. Catering equipment will be cheap as chips and landlords will be wanting to get some return on their empty places. The entry cost will be lowered and both newbies and some that got shoved out will be wanting to get in.

If I were going to get into the food game, and I have discussed it with my daughter, I'd be doing a food Truck.
    The costs can be SO much lower, they are a trendy thing atm so people will flock to them with no more than a half decent looking signwriting and Announcements on SM and off you go. And if one location doesen't yeild the returns you want, Saddle up and try the next spot. And if it all goes TIts up, you have less ties up, far less to worry about with leases and the setup has better resale than the value of the equipment alone.

It's MARGIN you look at and keeping costs down is much easier and you can still charge pretty much what you would in a fixed location. At this time with the big upsurge in takeaway, not having a sit down or a fixed location is a major benefit.

EVERY industry is crying they are going under ATM and every industry always is carrying dead wood that shouldn't be there in the first place. The restaurant industry will be hit hard but it will come back and maybe it will gain more professionalism and a higher standard over all Especially for the sit downs and Fine Dining.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (24-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

One of my daughters manages a cafe here in Canberra. There are a couple in the same chain. From day one of restrictions, the owners were savvy enough to immediately get the management staff together. They all came up with a plan to switch to takeaway coffee (their specialty), re design the food menu for that, as well as roster staff to four days a week to keep everyone employed if they wished. Almost all stayed. In fairness, they already had a couple trailers for venues, so that made things easier.

In a short time, as people got pissed off with restrictions and wanted to go out, they were taking in money hand over fist. Since they reopened the cafe itself, all distancing has been strictly observed, and the clientele keep returning in droves.

They are doing great, chiefly because they recognised the problems and just overcame them quickly without bitching.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-07-20),george65 (23-07-20),Johnno (24-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Now where pray tell did that particular Item come from?
    Oh, There it is:
    Longgang District,Shenzhen, China

Yes, especially when people keep buying stuff from them thereby keeping it business as usual with no economic penality for all the shitfluckery they are doing to so many countries besides what they have done with their deliberately manufactured and released Chinaah Flu weapon.
    Totally missing the point as usual.

So where is the local company that makes these programmable robotic arms here in Australia?

Instead our kids just get fed dumb shit. I think our Gov actually wants that because the dumb don't ask difficult questions.

IMO it should be compulsory for our kids to learn to build and code these things at school. Instead it is now compulsory for my son at our local high school to learn Chinese.

Incidentally, I ordered that arm about 3 months ago and haven't ordered anything from China since.
    I have been trying to re-engineer my projects so that I can use more basic components from the local Jaycar store but they source their stuff from China too.

My current wish to boycott China is mainly about their political posturing.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-07-20 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Totally missing the point as usual.

So where is the local company that makes these programmable robotic arms here in Australia?

Things can be done but nobody is willing to do them.
    All talk and complaints but no can do !
    Yes, I agree totally and also about people missing the point!
    They say they want manufacturing and by extrapolation, Jobs and money to stay in the country then they Throw their hands up and give in to buying Chynese and furthering the problem the first time they want something. Fking unreal.

If you keep buying from Chinaah there won't be any incentive to manufacture anything in Australia because there will be no demand or market to cater to. Maybe you have to back up what you say and keep your money in your pocket, not keep supporting the CCP because it's convenient. Some times effecting change and taking a stand isn't always the easiest or most comfortable road but you are either fair dinkum or you are a Hypocrite. Pick a side.

Like a lot of others, you talk the talk but when push comes to shove, you still want your cheap Chinese made products and won't put in the hard yards to back up what you say. Which surprises me not in the least. Maybe you have to find your son something else, made in Oz or in a country of a non commie Gubbermint and put in the effort and have the courage of your convictions. If you want to see a return to locally produced goods, You have to at least do your bit as a consumer to support that.

Why didn't you get him a Micromite or Maximite? Programmable controllers designed, built and supported by an Australian. I'll gaurantee he'll learn a lot more programming with one of those than he will the Commie toy you bought him.

Instead it is now compulsory for my son at our local high school to learn Chinese.
    Is that what they told you when you went up the school and told them you didn't want him learning Chinese and enquired what other subjects could he do instead?
    I find he HAS to learn Chinese very hard to believe.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

IMO it should be compulsory for our kids to learn to build and code these things at school. Instead it is now compulsory for my son at our local high school to learn Chinese.
    If true then a different school should be the first priority

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-07-20),Mr 672A (25-07-20)