Thread: adjust time on navman s30

Thanks

Default adjust time on navman s30

hi all,
    anyone have a clue how to adjust the time on one of these,it didnt update for daylight savings and no where in the menu can i see the option to change it,google hasnt been my freind in this instance either.
    thanks all
    Doogle

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doogle1970 View Post
    hi all,
    anyone have a clue how to adjust the time on one of these,it didnt update for daylight savings and no where in the menu can i see the option to change it,google hasnt been my freind in this instance either.
    thanks all
    Doogle
    Yeah I haven't got a clue how to adjust my S90 either. Have been looking for 10 mins so far and it's driving me mad!

Thanks

Not looking good. This bloke doesn't know either:
    Reckon might have to contact Navman and see if they know!

Thanks

hi all,
    thanks all
    Doogle
    Hi,All.

I have a cheap Voxson,and mine didn't update either,

I just set it to GMT+ 11,instead of GMT +10,
    Got the right time now.

Might be worth a try.
    Cheers.
    John

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnno02 View Post
    I just set it to GMT+ 11,instead of GMT +10,
    The Navman S series appears to have no setting for this anywhere I can find.

Thanks

i just called navman and they confirmed that there is currently no option to change the time,however they are working on a software fix and advised me to keep checking there website for the download.

Thanks

i just called navman and they confirmed that there is currently no option to change the time,however they are working on a software fix and advised me to keep checking there website for the download.
    Hi All,

These units may still update,I just checked the Calendar,and Daylight Saving is not supposed to start until 26th of this month.

It actually started earlier than it should have,for some reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnno02 View Post
    Hi All,

These units may still update,I just checked the Calendar,and Daylight Saving is not supposed to start until 26th of this month.

It actually started earlier than it should have,for some reason.
    What calendar did you check? Microsoft seems to know what time daylight saving starts. My Windows XP updated just fine.

Thanks

My Xp also updated fine.

I was telling a Mate about this earlier today,and he said Daylight Saving is early this year.
    I checked the Calendar on our wall,(a freebie from local chemist), and it shows the 26th as being The Start of DS time.

Thanks

Smile

Hi All:
    I have a Navman S90i
    After much researching here is what I found.

NAVMAN GPS Daylight Savings Settings (Uses a file called "date_time_zonespec.csv")

Found this question on the Internet (Unknown source, couldn't find it again).

Q. Navman iCN720 is not showing the correct time. How can I fix this?
    Read N O T E S below before continuing!!!
    A. To allow the Navman iCN720 to display the correct time, please follow the steps below:
    Note: You will need to have Microsoft Active sync installed (or if Windows Vista, have "Windows Mobile Device Center" installed) on your computer before proceeding.

1. Click here:
    to download the date_time_zonespec.csv file to your desktop.

2. Copy saved file to DiskOnChip > Navman > SmartST_CE >Data
    How?
    Open folder with saved file and right click on the date_time_zonespec.csv file. Click copy
    Connect your iCN 720 to your Windows compatible PC
    Wait for the device to synchronise with your computer
    Open Microsoft ActiveSync and click on Explore
    Double click on DiskOnChip
    Double click on Navman
    Double click on SmartST_CE
    Double click on Data
    Right click in the empty space and click Paste.
    Confirm the File replace by clicking on Yes
    Wait for the file to transfer across
    Close the explorer window
    Disconnect the device from the USB cable and allow the software to load

3. After this, head outside and wait for a GPS signal. After maintaining a GPS signal for approximately 20 minutes, the ICN 720 will automatically adjust itself and display the correct time.

N O T E S - I M P O R T A N T
    The procedure above should be the same for the S_Series Navman except the location and the downloaded "date_time_zonespec.csv" file is out of date.
    So just edit your existing file after first making a copy.
    S_Series file Location <NavmanDrive>:\Navman\SmartST_CE\Data\date_time_zo nespec.csv
    I stress again, it pays to make a copy of the original "date_time_zonespec.csv" file in case it doesn't work or you make a mistake and the original copy can be copied back.
    You can rename the original file...
    "date_time_zonespec.csv"
    to...
    "date_time_zonespec.csv.org"
    and then copy the new edited file version to same place.
    For those people who live in Australia, there is sample data of all time zones below.
    Note Check the DST Start & End times I've entered to confirm I've made no mistakes.
    Read the notes below to edit/check the start & end times yourself.

ADELAIDE - Sample entry of fields in date_time_zonespec.csv file with comments...
    ID = Australia/Adelaide
    STD ABBR = CST 'Central Standard Time.
    STD NAME = CST 'Central Standard Time.
    DST ABBR = CST 'Central Standard Time.
    DST NAME = CST 'Central Standard Time.
    GMT offset = +09:30:00 'Add 9.50hrs to GMT.
    DST adjustment = +01:00:00 'Add 1.00hrs.
    DST Start Date rule = 1;0;10 'Where "1"=Starts first week in Month; 0=Sun (5th 2008) [1=Mon, 2=Tue etc.]; 10=October.
    Start time = +02:00:00 'Hour of day (2:00am) that daylight savings starts.
    DST End date rule = 1;0;4 ''Where "1"=Starts first week in Month, 0=Sun (5th 2009) [1=Mon, 2=Tue etc.], 4=April.
    End time = +03:00:00 'Hour of day (3:00am) that daylight savings starts.

A U S T R A L I A - S e t t i n g s
    ID STD ABBR STD NAME DST ABBR DST NAME GMT offset DST adjustment DST Start Date rule Start time DST End date

rule End time
    Australia/Adelaide CST CST CST CST +09:30:00 +01:00:00 1;0;10 +02:00:00 1;0;4 +03:00:00
    Australia/Brisbane EST EST EST EST +10:00:00 +00:00:00 1;0;10 +00:00:00 1;0;4 +00:00:00
    Australia/Broken_Hill CST CST CST CST +09:30:00 +01:00:00 1;0;10 +02:00:00 1;0;4 +03:00:00
    Australia/Darwin CST CST CST CST +09:30:00 +00:00:00 1;0;10 +00:00:00 1;0;4 +00:00:00
    Australia/Hobart EST EST EST EST +10:00:00 +01:00:00 1;0;10 +02:00:00 1;0;4 +03:00:00
    Australia/Lindeman EST EST EST EST +10:00:00 +00:00:00 1;0;10 +00:00:00 1;0;4 +00:00:00
    Australia/Lord_Howe LHST LHST LHST LHST +10:30:00 +00:30:00 1;0;10 +02:00:00 1;0;4 +02:00:00
    Australia/Melbourne EST EST EST EST +10:00:00 +01:00:00 1;0;10 +02:00:00 1;0;4 +03:00:00
    Australia/Perth WST WST WST WST +08:00:00 +00:00:00 1;0;10 +00:00:00 1;0;4 +00:00:00
    Australia/Sydney EST EST EST EST +10:00:00 +01:00:00 1;0;10 +02:00:00 1;0;4 +03:00:00

-------------------------
    Field Description/Details
    -------------------------
    Source:

• ID
    Contains the identifying string for the zone_spec. Any string will do as long as it's unique. No two ID's can be the same.
    • STD ABBR
    • STD NAME
    • DST ABBR
    • DST NAME
    These four are all the names and abbreviations used by the time zone being described. While any string will do in these fields, care should be taken. These fields hold the strings that will be

used in the output of many of the local_time classes.
    • GMT offset
    This is the number of hours added to utc to get the local time before any daylight savings adjustments are made.
    Some examples are: America/New_York offset -5 hours, and Africa/Cairo offset +2 hours. The format must follow the length-of-time format described above.
    • DST adjustment
    The amount of time added to gmt_offset when daylight savings is in effect. The format must follow the length of time format described above.
    NOTE: more rule capabilities are needed - this portion of the tz_database is incomplete
    • DST Start Date rule
    This is a specially formatted string that describes the day of year in which the transition take place. It holds three fields of it's own, separated by semicolons.
    1. The first field indicates the "nth" weekday of the month. The possible values are: 1 (first), 2 (second), 3
    (third), 4 (fourth), 5 (fifth), and -1 (last).
    2. The second field indicates the day-of-week from 0-6 (Sun=0).
    3. The third field indicates the month from 1-12 (Jan=1).
    Examples are: "-1;5;9"="Last Friday of September", "2;1;3"="Second Monday of March"
    • Start time
    Start time is the number of hours past midnight, on the day of the start transition, the transition takes place. More simply put, the time of day the transition is made (in 24 hours format). The format must follow the length-of-time format described above with the exception that it must always be positive.
    • DST End date rule
    See DST Start date rule. The difference here is this is the day daylight savings ends (transition to STD).
    Boost.Date_Time
    • End time
    Same as Start time.

Cheers Sharpy
    Last edited by sharpis; 23-10-08 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks

Wow, thanks! Works beautifully! I'd sent an email to Navman 3 weeks ago and no reply. I suppose all would have been fine this Sunday but it's great to know this as there was no guarantee Navman would have it fixed for next year. Thanks again Sharpy.