Thread: I need assistance with RC model ships if anyone has the time and patience

Thanks

Default I need assistance with RC model ships if anyone has the time and patience

Good afternoon,

I am a model ship builder and I have built several ships and planes over the years and most things back when I started (The Stone Age) were mechanical in their general application. I used steam plants or "gas" engines. I never bothered with lights or fancy "stuff"

I have recently built my wife a 3D Printed model ship that I want to run electrically and have LED lights. I have got the mast lights to work as the mast is a long piece of brass and is already a sensational resistor, but have since burned out numerous LED's in the quest to provide lighting for the ship's superstructure and navigational lights. I also want to run two thrusters as the propulsion system and have 1 ESC (50A) that is water cooled that I was intending running the ship on. I know how to plumb the ESC in, but I don't know if the ESC will be able to run both motors or if as best practice I should have 2 ESC's with a "Y" plug for the receiver.

I am great with mechanical stuff, but this electrical stuff is all very confusing. If anyone would be prepared to assist me, i can supply pics of what I have and provide specs of thrustor motors, LED's I intend to use as well as batteries I was thinking would be okay. I am happy to completely reconfigure and go with the best practice as I want this model to be working soon so my wife can use it on the lakes at Caboolture.

Kind regards,
    Gav

Look Here ->
  • 24-07-20, 05:19 PM

Reason
    moved to electronics thread

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Welcome to Austech, Gav.

Great intro, however, that's all this section is for... intro's.

For assistance, I suggest the electronics forum would be the best section to post for help and discussion.

Actually, I'll help you out and copy it there.

I've moved your post there too wotnot)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

• 25-07-20, 07:52 AM

Reason
    Off Topic