Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Are NOT Alone. New York Times Article - UFO's

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Don't you spoil The movie "Alien Autopsy" ... It looks real and I'm about to watch it. LOL

Last edited by Johnno; 25-07-20 at 04:24 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    What part exactly do you think is Bullshit?

That there can be no other life forms in the universe, as we know it, or what people claim with regards to seeing UFO's/ aliens or....????
    Jeez george, neither. Read the post again.........................

The bullshit is that aliens are visiting us....plain and simple. What people saw is irrelevant. It's not proof of anything, they are UNIDENTIFIED!!!! , and they appear to fly....that's all.

As for aliens? The odds are staggeringly against a visitation by so called alien intelligence....doesn't mean life isn't out there.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

ET bloody well better not show up here!

Imagine : "Take to Your Leader!", "Which dickhead to you want"?

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (07-08-20),Johnno (25-07-20),lsemmens (26-07-20),Reschs (25-07-20),wotnot (25-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Don't you spoil The movie "Alien Autopsy" ... It looks real and I'm about to watch it. LOL

I don't think that is an alien as we know the term, Just another meth addict.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (25-07-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I wish that I had the motivation to read all the replies, I'm sure I'd get some amusement out of it all. Star Trek is real, too, all you have to do is ask Nimoy, or Shatner.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Just a comment on an article i read, Einstein and Steven Hawkins were not in favor of contacting extraterrestrial humans, only for the fact that they would be of superior intelligence than world man at this time and the only result would be domination of the world man by a superior race
    eg white man v's aboriginal. Heavy man as Neil would say
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

We'd just have to stage an ELM protest (Earth Lives Matter) and all the self flagellating, guilt ridden, softcock aliens would immediately roll over and let us tear down any statues no matter what they represent.

Then we'd all feel great.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    ......all you have to do is ask Nimoy, or Shatner.
    Geez Looney you been on the whacky baccy again, the one highlighted in red above has been dead for five years, and you think you can still talk to him.....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    If there are intelligent life forms out there, why on Earth would they want to come here?

Maybe they did come here 2 million years ago to mess around with our genes and then suddenly our species became Homo Erectus.
    They obviously would have noticed by now that the experiment failed, so no I don't believe in extraterrestrial UFO sightings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I would definitely like to meet an alien but I know it would get shot down and dissected by somebody else on this planet before I would even know it was here.
    As I postulated that they are intelligent, they are fully aware that will happen and will steer clear of our planet and solar system.
    The world must seem like such a bleak place to you. Life has its drawbacks, but it is still wonderful. And as far as we know beats the alternative!

Human achievement and history has seen some terrible events, but overall is wonderful and miraculous and worthy of celebration. If experiment there was it is not a failure but a spectacular success!

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

george65 (26-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    It's not proof of anything, they are UNIDENTIFIED!!!! , and they appear to fly....that's all.
    Glad you mentioned that...it's why I used the words like 'hovering' and 'moved off to the north' (I could be talking about a hotair balloon with words like that) ...the use of the word 'flying' is highly assumptive, I doubt what I saw was 'flying' at all ; in fact, in it's (still) unidentified form, I'm not even too sure it was actually part of this thing we call 'reality' anyway ; if the multiverse theory has any credence, I'd be more at ease thinking what I saw was transdimensional or such, and not an object of matter as we know it....and even if I knew *that* for sure, it's still unidentified....and life goes on, as per normal, unabated.

I'm surprized no loony has come out and blamed covid19 on alien visitation =)

Thanks

Ok, I'm still baffled at what this could be... So I'll repost the Link below. I Posted it on social media and their farken useless.. They all think it's ET.. lol

Does anybody have a good explanation at what this could be ?? I don't believe it's an orbiting object as it changes direction
    (moves Left then travels UP does a figure 8 kind of then picks up speed)

Maybe something in the ISS camera ?? A reflection of some kind ?? Have a look pls.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I looked -- without telemetry from ISS relaying it's position, where the camera was pointed, and whether the ISS was at a fixed aspect and not rotating around it x-y-z, there is nothing you can determine from that video =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (26-07-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Just another ice junkie in the slab. Its terrible what that drug does to your complexion
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

enf (26-07-20),Johnno (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    What part exactly do you think is Bullshit?

That there can be no other life forms in the universe, as we know it, or what people claim with regards to seeing UFO's/ aliens or....????
    What part is Bullshit? ALL OF IT.

OK. So I will repeat an original Trash quote:

UFO's are evidence of terrestrial stupidity not of extraterrestrial intelligence.
    George do not in any way confuse the possibility of life existing elsewhere in the universe and it visiting here.
    These are two completely different subjects and linking them demonstrates a non sequitur fallacy that looks more deliberately ignorant than a misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I wish that I had the motivation to read all the replies, I'm sure I'd get some amusement out of it all. Star Trek is real, too, all you have to do is ask Nimoy, or Shatner.
    If there is one thing I have learn from Star Trek, it is the universe is full of arseholes.
    Pointy ear arseholes, angry arseholes, blue arseholes, grey arseholes, omnipotent arseholes.
    And don't think you can escape to the Star Wars galaxy. Dark Helmet from Spaceballs makes it very clear - I'm surrounded by arseholes !

OK... so lets clear it all up. What is the truth here?
    UFO's don't exist.
    Now before you start screaming "But people see UFO's so therefore they exist".
    NO.

The UFO phenomenon exists. It exists in the same way that religion exists. Everybody knows god and what their version of god wants and claim to see signs from god blah blah blah..... Your religion exists, your god does not. Your belief does not validate either.

People see something and then jump to a conclusion.
    I see a light in the sky - therefore aliens.

"I know what I saw." NO YOU FVCKING DO NOT. Saying it does not validate it. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. Just because it quacks like a duck does not mean it is a duck.

Oh but pilots and credible and trained people have seen them, how can they be wrong?
    Appeal to authority - people make mistakes and they lie. It does not matter who they are.

The claims of UFO's has been going on since after WW2. And the descriptions of UFO's have changed over that time.
    There are now billions of surveillance cameras and dash cams and all sky cameras and the numbers of these camera and other sensors increase daily.
    And UFO reports are .... not increasing with increase coverage. They're non-existent.

Oh but evidence is being covered up.
    Welcome to conspiracy town. You are now officially a conspiracy theorist.
    A recent conversation with a hard core UFO believer insisted he was not a conspiracy theorist and in the next sentence would claim the government is covering up UFO's. It's not a conspiracy, it's what they do. No seriously, can you hear yourself speak?

UFO nutters (and if you believe in any form of UFO - you are a nutter) will often double down and step back from aliens being the source of UFO's and then step right back into conspiracy town and claim they are secret superior tech human made aircraft. NO.

This does not mean people don't mistake secret aircraft for UFOs.
    Shit, people go to Rachelle Nevada to watch them and then they mistake what they see because they often look a bit weird.
    Then they embellish what they saw or describe or draw it in such a way that other people can distort the interpretation further.

Big flying black triangle was one of the descriptions I heard for a type of UFO flying out of Area 51. When you see a B2 flying at a distance, yep, big black flying triangle. But when you know that it is and then you listen to what ordinary people say.... wow... yeah, you're fvcking making shit up and the other idiots are buying it and then incorporating it into their bullshit experiences.
    If the next person said "And jesus came to me in a dream and said these UFO's were from Alpha Centauri", I would not be the least bit surprised.

UFO's as Alien spacecraft don't exist.
    UFO's as supertech human aircraft don't exist.
    UFO's are mistaken identity in every case or they are a hoax.
    People do not know what they are seeing and the more they claim they do or claim they are qualified to, the more you should be suspicious.
    Multiple people seeing a UFO does not give it credibility. They will feed off each other's BS and cross contaminate their reports.
    (This is the reason the police do not let witnesses collaborate their stories nor do they consider the report of any one person to be accurate or more valid than any other person for any reason that cannot be verified with hard evidence.)

Now as the creater of several UFO's and then seeing the reports of those UFO's. WOW... the shit people make up.
    It comes as no surprise that people think UFO's a real.
    It also comes as no surprise that so many people still believe in the invisible sky fairy they call god.

Oh... another favourite one. "UFOlogy is a science."
    WHAT, NO, FVCK OFF! No university on this planet (with the exception of the Cannibis University in Nimbin) do not have a subject or course called UFOlogy.
    No UFO's in Astronomy or Physics.

The only place UFO's appear in science is in Psychology and Psychiatry !!!
    Why? Because they are not real and the people who believe they are are experiencing a cognitive error in psychology or suffering from mental illness in psychiatry.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

enf (26-07-20),Johnno (26-07-20)

Thanks

Does anybody have a good explanation at what this could be ?
    Maybe someone does but I do not.

Maybe something in the ISS camera ?? A reflection of some kind ??
    That would be a distinct Possibility.
    I can see that either the platform the camera was on or the sun was moving relatively. It is more than possible that was an internal reflection in the lens of the camera.
    Lenses are made up of multiple lenses and although they are coated to reduce internal reflections, they still happen. I also Notice the sun is an an extreme angle to the direction of the lens . This could easily cause a lot of bouncing around of light internally. The angle would not have to move a lot to cause the reflection to move.
    The movement in. the fact it halts then moves off quicker would all be what I would expect to see in a pinpoint aberration with a moving camera or light source.

I have no idea what this is but certainly what I saw could very well look like this especially given the angle of the light source. No lens is perfect and from what I understand of these lenses they are Huge in diameter as well as containing many lens elements which all make internal reflections easier to Occur.

Even if it were an alien space ship, how could anyone possibly really know anyway? It's a dot of light moving across the image. That's all.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (26-07-20),Tiny (26-07-20)

Thanks

Thanks George, Wotnot & Enf for the replies about that vid I posted.. It has helped. /Cheers guys really appreciate it.

I ended up watching 'Alien Autopsy' & 'Paul' for the second time last night.. Yes, I know their fake. I still like the movies. Great 4 a laugh.. Especially 'PAUL' that Pot smoking Alien... lol

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (27-07-20)

Thanks

I was thinking a bit more about this.
    Lens elements are Curved, Parabolic. The dot entering the picture, appearing to stand still, moving up/ around and going off the other way at higher speed would make sense to me as a reflection. On the long side the angle will be less steep so slower. When it gets to the centre of the lens it could appear to stop as it plateaued and then the movement up would be as the angle changes and the reflection falls off the mid point. Wouldn't take a lot of deflection to do that. The faster exit would be commensurate with the angle increasing.

It's all pretty similar to what you can do with a flat mirror. If you had a curved one and where angles were changing and maybe bouncing of multiple surfaces,I believe you could set something up to mimic this. I actually think the reflection might not as much be just of the glass elements but from the lens barrel itself. These are always painted black but could also be some part of the mechanism, aperture etc. It's also possible it could just be a flaw in the lens. I don't know how perfect they try to make them but I could imagine an inclusion on a large Diameter lens would not affect the overall quality too much but could under certain circumstances, like extreme light angles, cause an aberration that 99.9% of the time wouldn't rate a 2nd thought. I'll also bet these thing are custom ground and worth a fortune so they wouldn't throw them out unless they had to. Big, perfect chunks of optical glass are not cheap nor easy to come by.

It is just a dot of light, could be light refracting off a bit of dust in the lens as well but there is no detail in it to determine what it may be, Like I said, even if it were a space craft.
    If that's what it was, way too far away and lacking in detail to make any creditable call.
    Same as if I'm in a plane over the dessert and look down on a black car. If I'm high enough I can't determine if it's a Vehicle, a roof top, a rock, a plane crash site , the creature from the black lagoon on holiday or anything other but a black spec in the dessert.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (26-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yo, Johnno!.... for your viewing edification =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (26-07-20)

Thanks

Thanks George....

@Wotnot, Yes I'm aware of the Tic-Tac and the Go-Fast plus many many more.. I mention in an earlier post how it was easily debunked. Thanks for the Vid anyway. /actually just viewed it recently

I'm a member of metabunk.org/ LOL .. We have all sorts of strange things that get analyzed. Some Very bright people on board. /not me lol
    Last edited by Johnno; 26-07-20 at 05:46 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Al, you must realise that Vulcans live way longer than us, so Nimoy has just returned to Vulcan on one of those UFOs. CBS only said that he had died to sell more merchandise.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast