Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Are NOT Alone. New York Times Article - UFO's

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Al, you must realise that Vulcans live way longer than us, so Nimoy has just returned to Vulcan on one of those UFOs. CBS only said that he had died to sell more merchandise.
    Get up with the times, there is no Vulcan to go home to, Eric Bana ate it....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (27-07-20),lsemmens (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    It is just a dot of light, could be light refracting off a bit of dust in the lens as well but there is no detail in it to determine what it may be, Like I said, even if it were a space craft.
    If that's what it was, way too far away and lacking in detail to make any creditable call.
    Same as if I'm in a plane over the dessert and look down on a black car. If I'm high enough I can't determine if it's a Vehicle, a roof top, a rock, a plane crash site , the creature from the black lagoon on holiday or anything other but a black spec in the dessert.
    So you are thinking correctly about it George.
    I'm a bit tired about explaining all the problems with these videos. There is no convincing people who "want to believe".
    Jesus is real to them like UFOs. I should just write one article with the points and post it for each time it appears. But UFO nutters just keep on coming up with new twists and they think any inability to explain something trivial is confirmation.

Applying critical thinking to things like this is the only real way to understand the reports.

The first thing this is context. Remember that these are not all the same thing. Each video is something different.
    The article makes them incorrectly all look like the same thing and they are not.

The next is the audio. Don't think that the audio is associated with the video. While the crew may be talking about something they aren't talking about what is in the video.

Also remember that audio from the different clips are talking about different targets.
    So while one video is tracking something then next video with 'similar' audio is not tracking something but the crew are talking as if they are still talking about the same thing.

Now you've already sort of drifted onto the subject but haven't quite put your finger on it.
    The UFO is not real. It's not really there. It's an artifact of the camera.

The one with the aircraft banking is the easiest one to debunk and it's the one the ufo nutters have gone mad for.
    But despite the really obvious clues that the UFO isn't there, they insist it's real.

You can draw two conclusions from the video with respect to the "object" and the camera.
    Either the object is moving and the aircraft / camera is following or chasing it.
    Or, then object is stationary and the aircraft is flying a circle relative to it.

The angle of the camera doesn't ally itself well with the second scenario.
    The aircraft appears to be following the object at first glance.

But if you assume the aircraft is flying at 600kph, then you can determine a rough distance to the object and how fast it's apparently moving (hypersonic) the further away it is. That's the first clue that something isn't right.

The next is the object does not move relative to the camera. The only thing that makes you think the object is moving is the background.
    It's a cartoon. The character stays still and the background moves.
    this is the critical thinking. If the object isn't actually there, then this makes sense. If you believe incorrectly that the object is actually there, then you cannot come to that conclusion. UFO nutters already bought the illusion, they want to validate it. They start with the wrong premise.

The background provides more clues. when the oject follows exactly the movement of the aircraft.
    If the plane moves up, slows down or yaws, the object follows it exactly, like it magically knows what the plane chasing it is doing it and reacting instantly.
    This is an amazingly simple thing to recognise and it points clearly at it being an artifact of the camera.

But the object changes attitude ! Yes it does and it only does so when the plane flies through some turbulence. As if the camera were bumped.
    Otherwise the object remains completely static with the camera. the camera isn't tracking the object. It's not looking at anything.
    The aircraft isn't following it because it's not there. The aircraft is banking because the crew are engaged with something completely different but the video is taken completely out of context and given a UFO tag to fit the new narrative.

UFO's are mistaken identity.
    It's so easy to believe a lie than understand reality.
    Last edited by trash; 28-07-20 at 01:04 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

enf (28-07-20),Johnno (28-07-20),Tiny (28-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Applying critical thinking to things
    They stopped teaching this to kids in school decades ago ; it's dangerous knowledge.

Now that those kids are parenting adults, they can't pass on this knowledge to their kids either, because as parents they don't possess such knowledge.

Millennials with children -- the real new world order!

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (28-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

And I’m guessing there will be NO REFUNDS on all this time I spent creating the disclosure celebration dance routine. What the heck!

Last edited by Johnno; 28-07-20 at 02:57 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

Tiny (28-07-20),wotnot (28-07-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Pity Worf isn't there =)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (28-07-20),Tiny (28-07-20)

Thanks

LOL I dig it!.. Only problem there is Klingons Don't Dance

Last edited by Johnno; 28-07-20 at 03:35 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (28-07-20),trash (29-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    They stopped teaching this to kids in school decades ago ; it's dangerous knowledge.
    My year 11 chemistry teacher taught this lesson brutally.
    He gave the class an assignment which he knew it was not possible to get the right answer.
    And he offered a reward to the first student who could give him the correct answer.

Naturally all the smart kids got their assignments in pretty quick.
    I was much better at chemistry than I actually knew and I was lazy so I took my time.
    When I didn't get the right answer I thought I'd done it wrong. So I did it again. And still wrong.
    The correct answer was obvious and the temptation to just give that answer was haunting me.

I didn't do it. After trying a couple of more times I had a half finished assignment and my teacher was warning me that I only had one day left to submit it.
    The day came and I just gave him the assessment without the answer and just told him I couldn't get a valid result.
    "You're such a disappointment Mr Trash!" was his words. I figured I'd get zero for it.

When he gave out the results I got 100% and almost everybody else got a zero for cheating.
    "You were supposed to cheat and flunk Mr Trash! I just can't tell if you're lazy or smart."

"Oh it's definitely lazy sir!"
    "A smarter person might say that Mr Trash!"

The lesson was to think critically and that sometimes getting a negative or null answer is the right answer.
    "I don't know", is always a valid response. But Mr trash I think sometimes abuses this course of action.

The science staff were joking one day at lunch and guessing what careers some students might become famous for in their field.
    My name came up and the Chemistry teacher suggested he was training a war criminal. It took them several minutes to stop laughing and even the Biology teacher agreed.

Big Picture Science Podcast this week.
    Last edited by trash; 29-07-20 at 02:34 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (07-08-20),Johnno (29-07-20),Tiny (31-07-20),william10 (29-07-20)

Thanks

My year 12 computer science teachers jaw will drop once he hears that I just successfully connected two USB cables first try in a row.

I'm a God amongst human beings... LOL
    Last edited by Johnno; 30-07-20 at 09:36 AM.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123