Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Are NOT Alone. New York Times Article - UFO's

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Default We Are NOT Alone. New York Times Article - UFO's

New York Times Article confirms that bits of UFO's were found and are being analyzed and that the parts or vehicles were not made on earth. "NOT MADE ON EARTH".

The tic Tac is Old News (2004) but now they say that there were actual materials that the government and the private sector had in their possession.

I want to Believe!! lol Have a read and let me know what you think.. Is it a Hoax or is it real ? Come On Trash.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Something in orbit with propulsion.. I have no idea what the hell it is ?? You decide. Keep watching as it changes direction and goes UP then left at speed.. lol

I think it's a reflection in the Camera lens. /dunno, not sure

Nasa's ISS Live Feed

Last edited by Johnno; 25-07-20 at 11:32 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (25-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

I want to believe too Johnno, I really do....but I can't because what I actually believe is that it's a bunch of bullsh!t....

Looks like an orbiting object that seems to my untrained eye to appear to have a retrograde loop in it's orbit the way say Mars does in the night sky due to line of sight.

Vast hidden conspiratorial sections of humanity keeping uber secrets perfectly hidden for ages is just crap IMHO. Same as the moon landing hoax theories....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Johnno (25-07-20)

Thanks

Hehe.. The moon landing hoaxes are the best.. I have a Mate in Europe that believes it was filmed in a studio.. lol Man, don't I give him heaps of shit..

Here's a good site about the moon landing hoax debunked.. In PDF for later viewing..

That article above from the NYT is interesting.. I'm trying to Believe, But My Bullshit alarm keeps going OFF..

Waiting to hear Trash's completely abusive reply towards the tin foil heads as he normally gets it right..
    Last edited by Johnno; 25-07-20 at 10:54 AM.

enf (25-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Given the NYTs recent history, I wouldn't trust them on ANY topic.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (25-07-20),DB44 (25-07-20),Johnno (25-07-20),OSIRUS (30-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Ever since I was a Kid, I always said if there can be us, why can't there be others?

I don't subscribe to the hysteria of people being kidnapped and a lot of the other clap trap that is blown out of proportion but I think the basic premise of we started on a ball of dust Millions of years ago, another ball of dust could have also started the same way some time before, or after even, is far from illogical.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (25-07-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Just another day in my job.....moon units everywhere....nothing to see here.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

enf (25-07-20),Godzilla (07-08-20),Johnno (25-07-20),VroomVroom (27-07-20)

Thanks

Me too George... I've seen some weird shit which I could never explain. /maybe drones, who knows

I've done a bit of ringing around.. What you say ?? I know people ok...LOL

*ring ring*

Sen. Reid: "Hello?"

Johnno: "Senator, we would like confirmation on a few quotes from you and want to double check if they are correct." (shares NYT quotes)

Sen. Reid: "No that's not 100%. I actually said (this).

"I have no knowledge and I have never suggested the federal government or any entity has unidentified flying objects or debris from other worlds.
    I have consistently said we must stick to science, not fairy tales about little green men."

Enf your spot on mate.. (Given the NYTs recent history, I wouldn't trust them on ANY topic.....) Too easy, Another story debunked.

Also the Tic Tac was debunked just by decoding the instrument display panel of the Jet fighters /check the speed.
    Last edited by Johnno; 25-07-20 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks

I wanted to believe.. LOL

Last edited by Johnno; 25-07-20 at 01:09 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

I didn't read ~ it's inconsequential. If I assured you I'd seen a UFO in Sydney, circa 1986, the only fact to be drawn by that is it remains unidenitified.

I slot all this stuff into the same category as the question, 'do you believe in God' ; it's inconsequential....you will only find fact of that belief or not, after you die...(at which point you may have some facts about Lucifer as well =)

God would have no problem proving it's existence, to all of mankind -- all God has to do is manifest itself, to prove it's existence....

Same with UFOs, all they have to do is park up somewhere, get out, and say "G'day" ....the local neighborhood Maccas carpark would be a good choice (lots of cctv coverage =)

Ergo, God and UFOs are roughly analogous ...the both require belief/faith, or they do not exist, due to lack of facts in evidence. Hardcore rocket science this ... and you're always left with human thoughts and imagination....and by that, I mean before mankind knew what wind was, some cultures imagined the wind was God driven or of the spiritual realm. IMHO, belief/faith coupled with human thought and imagination, is a very bad mix -- like icecream and chocolate sauce on your pepperoni pizza ; some things should NOT be mixed.

The analogy is quite good too when you think about it...we have this omnipotent God thing, created the heavens and the Earth (in short, created everything)...it would be such a doddle for a being like this to prove it's existence... think Q out of Startrek and you're close enough. You've got angels to command, the ability to bestow supernatural powers to mere mortals, think about it...of course, we're still waiting for the second coming, so if you want cred it's best to keep your promises ; humans are like that.

Then there's these UFOs, that apparently possess technology that makes our attempts at dealing with aerospace flight, look like a bunch of amateurs turning up to an F1 event, with a victa powered billycart. You'd think, right, at least some of these UFOs would be the alien equivalent of a dunnydore, and that aliens have teenagers, and some of them would be out there on a Thursday night, doing burnouts or having fun doing barrel-rolls around a fully seated A380 ...poor old pilot would be wrestling with the plane as passengers rushed from side to side with their mobilephone to take pictures...lol!...

Which is the next tacit observation ~ the proliferation of imaging devices around the world in the 21st century....it'd be a challenge for UFOs to avoid making themselves cameos in selfies =) They must have a hyped up camera detection units (created by Brains, the Thunderbirds) to make sure they only get seen, in isolated places, by one or 2 people to take pics of.... think about it, think sporadic, random, extraordinary events in the sky (or anywhere for that matter)...planes coming down, meteor/spacejunk reentry events, motor accidents...any frigging thing. You don't see one pic//vid of these things...you get pics/vids from several 10s of mobilephones, cctv cams, even dashcams in cars...youtube's littered with this stuff, the police use it as resource, as does social study.

Yet, still today, there is no mass recorded event of a UFO sighting, that would belay everyone's doubt, as to whether UFOs exist or not, is there? Just as there's still no conclusive evidence at hand, that would belay everyone's doubt, as to whether God exist or not, or to put it more correctly, which Gods exist or not.

Mind you....at least one God at least made a decent attempt of obscuring their existence, by removing the physical remains altogether .. (obviously saw what a medical tricorder could do in the hands of an EMH watching some future episode of Startrek =), whereas allegedly some UFO pilot(s) threw a rod & popped an axle, when they accidentally slammed their UFO powerglide into reverse, while being hoons and showing off while executing a SoL 1.0 sharp right...around a cactus.....in the middle of a desert.....where there's no cameras...and they had the mother of all endos. That sounds like something a human would do to me.

Then, let us suppose to play hypothetical, and God (at least one of them) exists & an extraterrestrial UFO crashed, and it's comprised of a magical metal containing the element 'mysterion' ... has it changed anything, anything at all, over the past 60+ years of my life on Earth? Nope, I've seen no proof of God, no proof of UFOs, no proof of any engineering, in any field of endeavour, that involves any material technology that mankind hasn't developed by itself..nada. These things have spawn some entertaining books of fiction, movies & teevee series... ever ongoing...so they are tacitly contributing to the arts... fair's fair.

That is not me saying that these things don't exist ; what I am saying, is it appears to me inconsequential whether they do exist or not, and if proof of their existence offer no benefit to humanity, then that too is inconsequential.

Wind may have lost it's God status - that hasn't diminished the reality of it's existence ; only 'real' things matter, to matter.

The rather ironic thing is, I was being honest/truthful in the opening line ; I did see a UFO over Sydney back then, and I was not the only person to do so - a few ppl reported it. It made it into a teevee special back then. As I have a scientific/technical mind, I know I saw something I could not readily identify, hovering in the air and moving off to the north. I don't leap to thoughts of that's a UFO, or it's being piloted by aliens or CIA operatives out of Area 51...my brain's still stuck with trying to identify the object. I want one of these things to land out front by the JohnDeere, so I can check it out and figure out what it is, what it's made of, is it a vehicle or drone...does it run on E85 or element 115...how big's the mill? Forced induction?...inertia force dampers/generators?...how does it work? Why is it so?

Like I say, having seen one raises more questions than it does satisfy any need to believe, and until things can be explained in terms of energy & matter and the physical existence I live in, it doesn't matter =)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

allover (25-07-20),Johnno (25-07-20)

Thanks

NYT? Been known as the Duranty post for past 20 years as far as I know. probably longer.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

enf (25-07-20),Johnno (25-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Me too George... I've seen some weird shit which I could never explain.
    When I was about 13, I was sitting on the front Verandah with my Grandparents and 3 Neighbours one summers night. Was about 11PM.
    As we were looking out, This distant but bright looking light came a ways across the sky at Seed. Dead Stopped, went straight up at a right angle the proceeded forward again at the same speed for a short ways then Disappeared. The horizontal and vertical movements were all the same length.

Simultaneously 6 people said, did you see that? That was all it was but it was fast, bright, changed angles like no aircraft ( man made) could and was gone. Lasted maybe 1 second. No one was drinking at the time... except ice water. I have seen a fair few meteors and watch for satellites and this was nothing like it. Meteor's don't do right angles and stop dead, neither does anything else. I never heard any other reports of it but we all saw it.

As whatnot says, It is nothing but unidentified because I don't know what it was, but it was something I have never forgot and something I clearly didn't imagine.
    Never seen anything else like it or I couldn't explain.

One thing that does intrigue me is that " aliens" are nearly always made out to be hostile. Clearly a product of mans imagination because there is nothing to say they would or would not be but I wonder why we always fear them? If we went to mars and discovered life of a a less developed Species, would we need to be hostile or would they be automatically hostile to us?

I think if they were as developed to have the ability to come from places we don't know, we would be like ants under our feet and could crush them at will so they would either wipe us out with no effort or have no need to be hostile.

Thing is, it's all our imagination because there is no fact or experience to go on as to what any other beings would be like.

Johnno (25-07-20)

Thanks

it'd be a challenge for UFOs to avoid making themselves cameos in selfies =)

Yet, still today, there is no mass recorded event of a UFO sighting, that would belay everyone's doubt, as to whether UFOs exist or not, is there?
    I think this is a very good point.
    There is virtualy nothing that happens these days that's not on a CCTV or dashcam camera.

You'd think, right, at least some of these UFOs would be the alien equivalent of a dunnydore, and that aliens have teenagers, and some of them would be out there on a Thursday night, doing burnouts or having fun doing barrel-rolls around a fully seated A380 whereas allegedly some UFO pilot(s) threw a rod & popped an axle, when they accidentally slammed their UFO powerglide into reverse, while being hoons and showing off while executing a SoL 1.0 sharp right...around a cactus.....in the middle of a desert.....where there's no cameras...and they had the mother of all endos. That sounds like something a human would do to me.
    That sounds like your Younger days and Mine were scarily similar! :0)

Johnno (25-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I've seen heaps of UFOs in my time....and as wotnot states, the only fact is that they are UFOs. UNIDENTIFIED!!!! That's all.

Whether life exists extra terrestrially (and I am convinced it probably does) is irrelevant. And what would draw them here and make them so secretive? Any life form that can navigate space and or time would want nothing from us except maybe to use us as a snack. And what would attract them, considering the vastness of the cosmos, to our mudball? An unremarkable mudball among probably gazillions of unremarkable mudballs. Let alone the question of the likelihood of evolved intelligence at exactly the same instant in time in the four dimensions of the universe.

Like I said, it's bullsh!t.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Johnno (25-07-20),wotnot (25-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

Like I said, it's bullsh!t.
    What part exactly do you think is Bullshit?

That there can be no other life forms in the universe, as we know it, or what people claim with regards to seeing UFO's/ aliens or....????

Thanks

My experience 10 years ago most likely was a drone, But when I saw something 35 years ago I don't think drones were around../maybe swamp gas lol
    Last edited by Johnno; 25-07-20 at 05:16 PM.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

If there are intelligent life forms out there, why on Earth would they want to come here?

Maybe they did come here 2 million years ago to mess around with our genes and then suddenly our species became Homo Erectus.
    They obviously would have noticed by now that the experiment failed, so no I don't believe in extraterrestrial UFO sightings.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

I don't believe in extraterrestrial UFO sightings.
    Err...that's vague - you either don't believe in UFO sightings, or, you don't believe UFO sightings are extraterrestrial...or, you don't believe in UFO sightings from an extraterrestrial viewing position? B^)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Err...that's vague - you either don't believe in UFO sightings, or, you don't believe UFO sightings are extraterrestrial...or, you don't believe in UFO sightings from an extraterrestrial viewing position? B^)
    I thought I was clear.
    I don't believe that any UFO sightings expressed from people on this planet come from an intelligent extraterrestrial life form.

Many UFOs sighting are real but they are either space matter or junk or other objects originating from this planet or just optical phenomena.
    The rest is just trickery with the human mind.

I would definitely like to meet an alien but I know it would get shot down and dissected by somebody else on this planet before I would even know it was here.
    As I postulated that they are intelligent, they are fully aware that will happen and will steer clear of our planet and solar system.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 25-07-20 at 03:59 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Oh. Come on guy's.... Don't tell me The Movie PAUL is fake.. I was a believer.

Last edited by Johnno; 25-07-20 at 04:22 PM.

VroomVroom (27-07-20)

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast