Thread: Bosch Solution 16 Zone Indicators 1 to 8 Are All On

Thanks

Question Bosch Solution 16 Zone Indicators 1 to 8 Are All On

Hello to the members seeing this thread!

RECAP:
    Recently a few weeks ago, we have turned on our dusty old Solution 16 alarm system after someone in our neighbourhood has gotten robbed which worried us that our house might be the next target so that was the reason on why we decided to turn it on and use it to keep our house safe. When the system turned on, we did not receive any Master nor Installer codes to the system because the last owner forgot apparently. That left us with no choice but to default the system via the control panel. When we defaulted the panel and programmed all of the basics and fixed all faults, get new batteries and replace some faulty PIR's and felt like our system was ready. However...

ISSUE:
    When we checked our keypads, the zones 1 to 8 were all lit up and the off indicator is flashing even though we thoroughly checked all doors, pirs, windows and smoke alarms. This gave us a bit of a worry and decided that we will just arm it and see if any of the zones would trigger the entry delay. after walking through one of the PIR's... Nothing at all. We all got worried and i gave a shot at calling an alarm technician to get support over the phone but ever since one of their workers told me that they will call me back ASAP and help me with the issue, they've never responded back within a week and 2 days.

CONCLUSION:
    If any of you have experience with alarm systems and had experienced this issue before, can you please support me into resolving this major issue. Thank you!

Extra Details:
    -Bosch Solution 16 Control Panel
    -2x Bosch Icon LCD Keypads
    -4x Hardwired PIR Sensors with 3.3k Resistors
    -2x Recessed Hardwired Reed Switches
    -2x Smoke Alarms

Here is a picture of the keypad:

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Best to get an alarm tech out to check it. May not be programmed properly etc.

Thanks

I was wanting to call a technician to do a check up on our system but we did not want to pay over 100 bucks so we are still trying to get in contact with the alarm technician to receive help over the phone.

If the alarm technician on the phone won't respond until October, we will pay for the checkup and repair.

Thank you for pointing it out though.

Thanks

Don't want to sound rude, but you have attempted to re program the alarm, then want to call a technician to get support for your programming. I don't think he will respond and will be limited in the support he can supply over the phone, as Secure says, bite the bullet and pay for a technician

Thanks

Actually I didn't have to spend the money after all for a professional alarm technician to come over to my place. After researching countless hours on the internet, I soon realised that all of my zones (detectors and reed switches) were open circuits which had caused the zone to be on at all times. I soon had bought 3.3k Resistors, cracked open the housings of the PIR's and Control Panels to access the reed switch resistors and replaced all of the old ones with new ones. The outcome? It actually worked! All zones are now reading correctly and if it detects movement, it would actually display it on the keypad and trip the alarm.

So after all it was not a programming issue but all along it was an open circuit issue.

However, I do appreciate for all of your guys help and hopefully this reply does help some users that are also experiencing this issue to save a few bucks. (Yeah I'm a cheapo )

Some Pictures: