Thread: MediaStar HD8200s - Web Server Credentials

Thanks

Default MediaStar HD8200s - Web Server Credentials

I don't know exactly when this happen but this weekend, I tried to access the Unit, through network (normally I have the service off) but I need to make some changes on the attached USB disk (deleting and copy video files) and tried via Network and come up with this Web Server Authentication! (I have no idea what this could be - Manual doesn't refer it). And I'm pretty sure with obsolete Windows7 I was able to communicate with the Box, without asking for credentials.

Ok I though what could use for alternative and I know Windows 10 discover Media Servers in the Network, which I got it, but when I tried to drill down to each folder content just says the folder is empty. Under shock I run to the machine (literally) and nervously checked the content of the attached USB Drive, and all was there. Phewww... This is via the storage folder on windows explorer, there's also another alternative like check all videos but this means list all video files, which will take forever and no under sort order, so very hard to find anything if you were looking for specific content.

So two questions:

1) What are the default Credentials to connect via IP (Windows Explorer). Asks for Username and password.

2) Is there an alternative way to do this via network? I'm guessing here FTP, but for sure the Credentials issue needs to be solved before attempt other method...

I mean I can always detach the USB disk and bring it to the computer and make the desire changes but on 21 century this is kind of old fashion and makes no sense at all! LOL

Oh another piece of information that probably is important is the network access. The unit is under wireless and the PC is on Ethernet, maybe there is an incompatibility between the networks? The obsolete Windows 7 that I used before was also on Wireless so same network as the Unit.

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I think the ftp username was root and password or root mediastar? Been a long time