Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beiruit

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    OMG George, you and your conspiracies!

Yes some kind of dust that initiated it is quite plausible as well. Whatever was in the silos might have contributed, usually a lot of dust involved there.
    Fact is that SOMETHING was burning strong before the explosions.
    Have read on another forum there was a stash of fireworks stored in the warehouse containing the AN stockpile. Given the warehouse was beside grain silos which generate a lot of fine dust the whole place was an ignition waiting to happen.

A contingent of firemen was sent down to put out the fire and looking at the video of bright things shooting into the sky before the big explosion the fireworks scenario seems a plausible explanation.

Once AN gets heated it becomes very unstable.

All the firemen perished in the explosion so unless they were sending messages back to base we will never know what actually happened.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Landytrack For This Useful Post:

tristen (07-08-20),Uncle Fester (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

FAKE....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    In fact I laughed my head off when it came over the news. I was hoping it would be thousands of the turds wiped out , not just hundreds , potentially saving Centrelink a fortune for years to come.
    My Italian mate said last night, They are calling it a disaster, the only thing disastrous about it was they and an explosion that big and there wasn't a hell of a lot more of them taken out. He said what can you expect from people that are always cutting corners and never do a job right.

I agree with your assessment of them entirely. I grew up around them, lived around them, worked with them and done business with them and found them to be the most immoral, dishonest, untrustworthy and vile people I have ever come across by a huge margin. I will not do business with any of them. No point, they cost you far more time, money and frustration than they are worth by 10 miles. I too have seen how they operate in the construction industry. You can watch them and not believe what you are seeing. One doesn't tell anyone else that hasn't also witnessed it for fear of being thought a liar because you know it sounds too far fetched to be true even though you saw it, more than once, with your own eyes. I also regard them as the dumbest, most useless race of human beings imaginable. The stupidity I have seen repeatedly both on an individual and group level is astounding. They are just completely devoid of normal Human intelligence.

A few years back I happened to have to talk to a lebbo bloke. He asked about my parents. I said my mother was killed when I was 10. His instant reply, " Who Killed her" ?
    In the 40 odd years I have told people that, no one ever assumed SOMEONE killed her before. The majority assume correctly that it was in a car accident. While I'm not putting the guy down for the Comment, I found it extremely telling of the mindset of these people to automatically think and jump to the conclusion she had been murdered than everyone else in all these years that assumes she was Killed in a car or other accident.

I saw a vid and they were interviewing the Beirut Mayor.
    He said it might take a year to rebuild the city. That made me laugh! I thought with you lot, it will look no different in 5 years than what it does now and anything that is rebuilt will be falling down again. Seems like one hell of an opportunity for China to move in, rebuild and take over. Can't see them wanting the place though.
    Say what you will about the Chinks, Their ethics, values, standards and sense of decency is a Million miles away from that of the lebs.

They will certainly have their work cut out for them just getting basic services and living conditions up to scratch again. The gubbermint was already supposedly rotten to the core and the economy on the brink of collapse. They have probably gone completely under now but the accountants don't have a pen and paper left to work out how far down. It would be a challenge for any society but for this lot, it's a near missions Impossible. They will only manage it if somone else comes in to help.... Help do 95% of the work and organisation that is.

I was looking at pictures last night and thought the amount of scrap metal they are going to have to cut up and will probably go to china is going to be Biblical.
    That and concrete they can Crush and re use like everyone else does but being lebs, they will probably take it out and dump it at sea or something.
    Actually they will probably take it down the road and dump it on someone eleses land who will dump it on someone else who will Dump it on......

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (07-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    My Italian mate said last night, They are calling it a disaster, the only thing disastrous about it was they and an explosion that big and there wasn't a hell of a lot more of them taken out. He said what can you expect from people that are always cutting corners and never do a job right.

Actually they will probably take it down the road and dump it on someone eleses land who will dump it on someone else who will Dump it on......
    who will Dump it on.... A Christians land! Who will be murdered if he dumps elsewhere.

There you go George.

Well just look at the misery they have caused here since Hawke went against the dept immigration advice post lebbo war and let them in. They are the wedge for the ROP to get in which were were doing very nicely without. Actually it was a pricks act because the Christian lebos that came here before were getting away from that lot and they were allowed to follow.

I cant get over the bang, what a ripper!. Finally something good from smartphones and FB etc. Better doz the joint into the bay and take them for an Turkish style walk in the desert.

• The Following User Says Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (07-08-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Is a conspiracy to you an opinion based on researched fact or just something that doesen't fit withy your overt lefty ideals?
    You might like to swallow the excuses hook line and sinker but I prefer to test the narratives and see how they stack up to established fact which is exactly what I did.

The crock you sometimes write here beggars belief.
    Proper unbiased research is certainly something you should try yourself one day, instead of your endless dribble about your 'lefty' hate, what ever that is.
    Science and scientists are all 'lefties' for you guys anyhow who have difficulties fathoming facts.
    Every explanation that does not involve bombs and terrorists will always be fake news for you. So who do you think blew them up? Israel?
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-08-20 at 01:37 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

RFI-EMI-GUY (07-08-20),trash (08-08-20),tristen (07-08-20)

Thanks

I'll say one thing for you mate, you are good for a laugh if nothing else. :0)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Well at least some success if I make people laugh.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (07-08-20),tristen (07-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Damn......................there goes hezboularrr (however the hell you spell it) terrorist bombing supplies for the next 30 years................asking for international donations for a re-supply

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

george65 (07-08-20),hca (07-08-20),lsemmens (07-08-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Some of the biassed and uninformed comments posted in this section of the forum absolutely disgust me; not only in this thread but in many others also.

The Lebanese people are human beings just like you and me. Those affected by this disaster deserve our sympathy and whatever help we can give them.

The unfortunate thing about Lebanon is that the country has been ruled by totally dishonest men, whose only object has been to amass great personal wealth at the expense of the common people.

Through the course of my work, I have come into contact with many Lebanese, who I have found to be honest, hard-working, friendly people. All have welcomed me into their homes, their lives and their families.

Not all have been highly educated, but I have yet to find a people who are more loving and welcoming.

I count myself very fortunate indeed to have so many loyal Lebanese friends and associates.

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-08-20),DB44 (08-08-20),Johnno (07-08-20),lsemmens (07-08-20),peteramjet (07-08-20),RFI-EMI-GUY (08-08-20),Tiny (07-08-20),Uncle Fester (07-08-20)

Thanks

I have also experienced the Lebanese as warm hearted people and they have made me laugh many times in a good way.

I also know very generous and kind Jewish people.

It makes no sense that these people are at war with each other so long.

This is all only due to their disgusting, corrupt and manipulating leaders.

One should never generalise, rather only single out the bad apples.

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

ammlione (08-08-20),bob_m_54 (08-08-20),Johnno (07-08-20),lsemmens (07-08-20),peteramjet (07-08-20),RFI-EMI-GUY (08-08-20),Tiny (07-08-20),tristen (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Well said tristen & Uncle Fester... Well said.. /clapping

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-08-20),lsemmens (07-08-20),Uncle Fester (08-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post

Through the course of my work, I have come into contact with many Lebanese, who I have found to be honest, hard-working, friendly people. All have welcomed me into their homes, their lives and their families.
    Just because your experiences and position towards these people is different to others, does not make their comments any more biased or uninformed than your own.

You are of course free to give them whatever sympathy, help and donations you wish, no one will stop you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I have also experienced the Lebanese as warm hearted people and they have made me laugh many times in a good way.
    There are exceptions to every Rule. I have met a Murderer that I found to be very decent bloke. Not going to open my doors as a halfway house to those coming out of long bay though.

I also know very generous and kind Jewish people.

It makes no sense that these people are at war with each other so long.
    Don't know about sense but their history and reasons are very well documented. You know, that research thing you were telling me about.

This is all only due to their disgusting, corrupt and manipulating leaders.
    Ahh, NO, refer back to that research thing again.

One should never generalise, rather only single out the bad apples.
    Tell that to insurance companies who screw over U25Yo drivers whom have never had so much as a ticket let alone an accident or base your insurance premium on where you live.
    The don't generalise excuse is a popular one for inevitably defending the guilty but a completely Flawed one in the real world.

I go more on the ideal that if If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck..... I don't get too caught up if it's actually a goose. Likewise, it's stupid to do the same thing and expect a different result when the past evidence is very clear as to what the likely outcome is. My experiences and pretty much everyone I have ever spoken to in business and private is the same so to dismiss it as not following the soft of heart and head narrative does not make them invalid.
    Last edited by george65; 07-08-20 at 05:47 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

puca (09-08-20),VroomVroom (10-08-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

You have shown yourself to be a prejudiced bigot time, and time again, George, would you take too kindly to having your heritage dragged through the mud?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-08-20),tristen (07-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    You have shown yourself to be a prejudiced bigot time, and time again, George, would you take too kindly to having your heritage dragged through the mud?
    Yes, a prejudiced Bigot. That would be someone who doesn't fall into line with the rest of the sheeple in having the socially deemed acceptable opinion and have their own position wouldn't it?

Drag away with my heritage. In the past I wasn't here, had nothing to do with it. In the present I'm a White middle aged Christian ( if that's the right term for an atheist with Christian up brining) So I'm already the biggest bastard in the whole wide world. What are you going to tell me that's not whinged about every damn day by the perpetually aggrieved? My heritage is the most dragged through the mud of any people on the face of the earth!

In any case, How is making rational, repeated evidence-based assessments dragging them through the mud? If the shoe fits . . .

Just talking to my mate on skype about what was said here about the wonderful lebs:

"Well I have lived in Lakemba and Bankstown since I was 12, apart from almost 3 years away. I'd say that I have met one or two Lebs more than he has, he's full of it. In fact, I have met very few people in my life who don't have a negative impression of Lebs"

He's Italian. Must be a predjuiced Biggot as well. He also has been tested and verified as having the an IQ in the top 10% of people in the world. Not a guy that anyone will easily win an argument without being a verified genius themselves.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

puca (09-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

George is an overly verbose pain in the arse sometimes, but bigot? Go buy a dictionary will you?

bigot
    /ˈbɪɡət/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Plenty of people on this board qualify, and George is nowhere near the top of the list IMHO.

Pot Kettle Black......
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-20),DB44 (08-08-20),Godzilla (07-08-20),puca (09-08-20),VroomVroom (10-08-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I'd not have considered you amongst the bigots, enf. I do realise that I may have used the broadest sense of the term when describing George. All I can suggest is.......If the cap fits.....
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-08-20),tristen (07-08-20),Uncle Fester (08-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    George is an overly verbose pain in the arse sometimes, but bigot? Go buy a dictionary will you?

bigot
    /ˈbɪɡət/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Plenty of people on this board qualify, and George is nowhere near the top of the list IMHO.

Pot Kettle Black......
    You have offended me.

I am not a racist or a bigot.

I hate everyone else and their opinions equally, not one more than another.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-20),ammlione (08-08-20),bob_m_54 (08-08-20),DB44 (08-08-20),enf (07-08-20),puca (09-08-20),Reschs (07-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

I'd not have considered you amongst the bigots, enf. I do realise that I may have used the broadest sense of the term when describing George. All I can suggest is.......If the cap fits.....
    Just be careful that you aren't really saying "if I think the cap fits".......it's easy to set yourself up as the cap fitting arbiter.

Now, why don't we make an attempt to get back on topic......and yes, I'm as guilty as anyone...

I think of the port and surrounds as a large restaurant full of probably innocent people and the storage as a karma filled back pack......

Bigoted enough for the self righteous?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (08-08-20),puca (09-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Some of the biassed and uninformed comments posted in this section of the forum absolutely disgust me; not only in this thread but in many others also.

The Lebanese people are human beings just like you and me. Those affected by this disaster deserve our sympathy and whatever help we can give them.

The unfortunate thing about Lebanon is that the country has been ruled by totally dishonest men, whose only object has been to amass great personal wealth at the expense of the common people.

Not all have been highly educated, but I have yet to find a people who are more loving and welcoming.

I count myself very fortunate indeed to have so many loyal Lebanese friends and associates.
    I absolutely agree, and commend you on such a restrained reply. Some of the "biassed and uninformed" comments I would class as totally out of order, but fully expected from those particular members.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (08-08-20),tristen (08-08-20),Uncle Fester (08-08-20)

• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast