Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Beiruit

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

I see consipiracy theorists on FB now saying that the explosion has exposed secret tunnels built below the docks !!! emm yeah ok as if in a corrupt lawless shithole like that they would really need to use secret tunnels lol
    and as for those members on here who feel the need to defend these poor misunderstood people ( and have probably never met any lebbos anyway ) please feel free to be on the recieving end of the rocks they were throwing at the police... See how far your virtue signalling kind words go when actually face to face with the knuckle dragging inbreds !!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

george65 (10-08-20),hinekadon (19-04-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

[QUOTE=eeprommemory;829441]here watch the explosion in 4K you can see and hear the fireworks.

That's what I saw too... Looks like Fireworks to me...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (19-04-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Please....don't perpetuate this.

Put it in the past and move on.

This sort of behaviour is precisely why I generally tend to avoid this section of the forum.

Civility costs nothing.

Agree to disagree, but be nice about it.
    We have, and I detect no real animosity. You must be sensitive.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (19-04-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Sorry Enf, can't let this slide without calling out the BS Hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Please....don't perpetuate this.

Put it in the past and move on.

This sort of behaviour is precisely why I generally tend to avoid this section of the forum.

Civility costs nothing.

Agree to disagree, but be nice about it.

YOU were the one that started the shit slinging in the first place. If you don't like it, don't start it and then whine about " avoiding this section of the forum" because you were the initial Culprit behind what you are first and foremost guilty of.

Take your own damn advise before preaching it to others in order to get the approval of the other little whiny girls looking for social acceptance of their position.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    please feel free to be on the recieving end of the rocks they were throwing at the police...
    I saw some Vids on How the people of Beiruit have already started pulling together and working hard to get things back to situation normal.

Good to see these people using their seemingly inherent skills with Bricks and mortars to restore the City to the former glory most of the country displayed in the mid 70's.
    It really is testament to the reliability of these people in showing just what they are made of as they have thoroughly demonstrated so many countless times before.
    Nothing like a civilised, dependable people getting on with putting troubled times behind them and moving on to what they do best as if nothing happened.
    I am sure the outcome will surprise no one and the place will be indistinguishable from what it was almost half a century ago.
    Such inspiring Progress from a well defined culture.

I'm sure there will be loads of their countrymen now here in Oz keen to get back to help with the situation in the homeland and whom here would hold that against them or not support that selfless decision in the Full?

Not me, that's for sure!

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

This thread has been reported, I have two options here....

1: Ban the resident racists from posting in the thread.
    2: Close it.

Option 2 looks to be the best.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (11-08-20),Johnno (10-08-20),lsemmens (10-08-20),Uncle Fester (10-08-20),wotnot (10-08-20)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    This thread has been reported, I have two options here....

1: Ban the resident racists from posting in the thread.
    2: Close it.

Option 2 looks to be the best.
    Leave it for the moment, with this warning (as otherwise simply reporting posts and threads you personally don't like is a great way to shut down anything you don't like)

I have no problem with animated discussion. But general unsubstantiated dribble gets a bit annoying.

Maybe a few should subscribe to a newspaper and read it each day. I read 2. In general, its good for having some idea about a topic being discussed rather than throwing in all sorts of weird conspiracy theories.

This has been a long ongoing saga. I am using cut and paste a fair bit here, as I simply cannot type for long periods of time anymore, regardless, I am happy with the quality and source of the information (wikipedia with confirmed links and various credible news sources). Conspiracy theorists can check it themselves.

On 27 September 2013, the Moldovan-flagged cargo ship , owned by the Cyprus-based Russian businessman Igor Grechushkin, set sail from Batumi, Georgia, to Beira, Mozambique, carrying 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate. The shipment had been ordered by an African explosives manufacturing company for mining in Mozambique. On 21 November 2013, the ship made port in Beirut.

Some sources said it was forced to port due to mechanical issues and possibly engine problems,while other sources claimed the owner did not have sufficient funds to pay tolls for the Suez Canal and attempted to take on a shipment of heavy machinery in Beirut. The heavy machinery was stacked on top of the doors to the cargo space containing the ammonium nitrate, causing the doors to buckle and damaging the ship. After inspection by port state control, the Rhosus was found unseaworthy, and was forbidden to set sail. Eight Ukrainians and one or two Russians were aboard, and with the help of the Ukrainian consul, five Ukrainians were repatriated,leaving four crew members to care for the ship.

Grechushkin went bankrupt, and after the charterers lost interest in the cargo, he abandoned the ship. The Rhosus soon ran out of provisions, and the remaining crew were unable to disembark due to immigration restrictions. Creditors also obtained three arrest warrants against the ship. Lawyers argued for the crew's repatriation on compassionate grounds, because of the danger posed by the cargo still aboard the ship, and an Urgent Matters judge in Beirut allowed them to return home. They had been forced to live aboard the ship for about a year.

By order of the judge, the cargo was brought ashore in 2014 and placed in Warehouse 12 at the port, where it remained for the next six years. The MV Rhosus sank in the harbour in February 2018.
    Customs officials had sent letters to judges requesting a resolution to the issue of the confiscated cargo, proposing that the ammonium nitrate be either exported, given to the army, or sold to the private Lebanese Explosives Company. Letters had been sent on 21 February 27 June and 5 December 2014, 6 May 2015, 20 May and 13 October 2016, and 27 October 2017. One of the letters sent in 2016 noted that judges had not replied to previous requests, and "pleaded":

"In view of the serious danger of keeping these goods in the hangar in unsuitable climatic conditions, we reaffirm our request to please request the marine agency to re-export these goods immediately to preserve the safety of the port and those working in it, or to look into agreeing to sell this amount ..."

That's the basis of the story. It has been very well known and reported that the cargo has been there since being removed from the ship. While conspiracy theorists can conspire all they like, the fact is that Lebanon is a mess in every way, politically and economically. You only have to to look back two paragraphs to see that there have been numerous requests asking to have it removed and nothing was done. This is what happens when you have a corrupt government that doesn't perform (take note Victorians) tasks it is meant to perform. You just handball it on to someone elses desk and nothing happens for years.

All reports I have read have indicated the explosion has mainly effected a Maronite Christian section of Beirut. Not all Lebanese are Muslims, however its worth looking at what Lebanese people we have in Australia.
    230,880 Australians (about 1% of the total population) claimed some Lebanese ancestry in 2016. The 2016 census reported 76,450 Lebanese-born people in Australia, with nearly 66,000 of those resident in Greater Sydney.

The Lebanese-born population numbered 5000 in 1971. Following the outbreak of the Lebanese Civil War in 1975-1990, this wave of migrants were often poor and for the first time, over half of them were Muslim. This influx of new migrants changed the character of the established Lebanese community in Australia significantly, especially in Sydney where 70% of the Lebanese-born population were concentrated.

Christian Maronite and Orthodox Lebanese Christians that settled in Australia over the last two centuries were able to gain some influence within Australian politics. In late 1975, unrest in Lebanon caused a group of influential Maronite Australians to approach Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser and his immigration minister, Michael MacKellar regarding the resettling of Lebanese civilians with their Australian relatives. Immediate access to Australia could not be granted under normal immigration categories, thus the Lebanese people were categorised as refugees. This was not in the traditional sense as the Lebanese people were not fleeing from persecution but escaping from internal conflict between Muslim and Christian groups. This action was known as the "Lebanon Concession".

Between 1975-1990, more than 30,000 civil war refugees arrived in Australia. Most immigrants were Muslim Lebanese from deprived rural areas who learned of Australia's Lebanon Concession and decided to seek a better life. They were Sunnis from northern Lebanon and Shias from southern Lebanon as Christian and Muslim Lebanese were unwilling to leave the capital city, Beirut. Immigrants of the Lebanese Concession primarily settled in south-west Sydney; Sunnis in Lakemba and Shias in Arncliffe.

Muslim Lebanese in general have a bad name in Australia, where as Christian Lebanese don't. Certainly the gang rapes carried out by Lebanese Muslims gangs in Sydney in 2000 reinforced that even further and the Cronulla Riots were certainly aimed at Lebanese Muslims who had been causing trouble. In November 2016, Immigration Minister, Peter Dutton said that it was a mistake of a previous Liberal administration to have brought out Lebanese Muslim immigrants. Clearly Dutton was referring to the decision by the Fraser Liberal Government in the mid 70's. Foreign Minister, Julie Bishop said Dutton was making a specific point about those charged with terrorism offences,but Dutton was criticised for his comments in the media by politicians, terrorism experts and others.

Anyway, that about covers it. By all means if you want to discuss it, discuss it. But you will need to make an improvement in regards to the quality of the posts or the thread will end up being closed as pointless. It's well known that I don't like having threads closed and expect members to act intelligently enough that closing threads is not a requirement. You will gain a lot more credibility with a well thought out post that contains facts, you can also offer a valid opinion without shouting pointless racist barbs. I am not going to be a hypocrite, I consider myself a racist, however there is a big difference between an intelligent racist post and a dumb racist post.If you want to make your post about race, you will need to offer up some valid thoughts, facts and opinions. No doubt some will disagree, however even I find some of the race related comments pointless, predictable and boring. And that's coming from someone who thinks multiculturalism is one of Australia (and the worlds) biggest undo able disasters.

If it goes back to pages of pointless rubbish, it will be closed. I am sure you are all smart enough to not let that happen. I should also point out, political threads are not a place for the faint hearted on Austech so if you are going to be offended in general, it is best to just simply avoid them.

Thank you

• The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (10-08-20),ammlione (16-08-20),enf (10-08-20),fred49au (14-08-20),george65 (10-08-20),humax300 (14-08-20),lsemmens (10-08-20),Tiny (10-08-20),VroomVroom (10-08-20),wotnot (10-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

All they had to do was dump it in the sea, problem solved.....

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (10-08-20),RFI-EMI-GUY (10-08-20),Tiny (10-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    All they had to do was dump it in the sea, problem solved.....

I was thinking along same lines. Load up a dozen old barges, with portions, soak the stuff with fuel oil and tow it out 15 miles and light it up.

It appears, as usual there must have been a profit motive, folks on high in govt looking to cash in on this toxic bounty. Why else would a judge ignore a public hazard?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    "Have Spectrum Analyzer, - Will travel".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Thank you
    No, Thank YOU.

Point taken and appreciated.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

A tad OT, but ammonium nitrate storage facilities are widespread, and in this country as well;

Let us hope the handling & safety measures for AN are being followed here.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RFI-EMI-GUY View Post
    I was thinking along same lines. Load up a dozen old barges, with portions, soak the stuff with fuel oil and tow it out 15 miles and light it up.

It appears, as usual there must have been a profit motive, folks on high in govt looking to cash in on this toxic bounty. Why else would a judge ignore a public hazard?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    No need to do anything to it, it dissolves completely in water and is harmless, just a fertiliser.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Stuff that!
    Safety measures are the first things to go when greed, cost cutting and outright stupidity comes into play.... as it always does.

As I said, no matter what the cause, no matter if someone did send a missile or plant a bomb into the lebs stock pile, It's still their stupidity for having it there in the first place and that would no less apply here.

Lets hope someone learns from the mistake of others and takes a potential Terrorist target away all together before we look like complete and utter morons having missed the biggest wake up call in history. Our pollies are always so worried about how we look on the international stage, If anything happened to that would look like the most pitiful idiots in the history of man kind after what has happened. Not looking too damn bright now.

Loosing even a small regional city would make 9/11 Look like a fender bender in the scale of worlds all time best car crashes. Imagine the loons dreaming of the glory and Martyrdom pulling that off would bring them?
    The instructions of some " leaders" whom would like nothing more than to harm us are very well known. I saw a report on it the other night that Oz is a prime target and certain interest groups have been told to light fires everywhere they can, Oz being a prime directive.
    The fact this mistake has now been Publicised makes it a prime target and the only sensible thing that can be done is take it away. Quickly.

Makes no sense to me why you would put so much in one place instead of the obvious precaution of spreading it out into smaller and less lethal amounts and away from populated areas.

I might be racist but I try to be honest. We are at least 100X as Dumb as the lebs for having that much in the location it is no matter what the "safety" precautions are. The only difference is apparently we have been more fortunate in ours has not gone off.

Yet.

Having that stuff removed to a more sensible location IS something all these useless idiots would get some support for protesting right now.
    Hopefully the right minded people will bring pressure to bear to rectify this mistake before we look like the biggest morons in the whole wide world.
    Getting that dispersed IS something I would sign a petition for.

I wonder where else we have similar stupidity taking place? If It's in Newcastle, I'[ll guarantee the same idiotic mistake is happening else where.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (10-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    A tad OT, but ammonium nitrate storage facilities are widespread, and in this country as well;

I was wondering how long before this rubbish nimby story would make it here.
    Every environmental anti-industry leftard jumped on the Newcastle Ammonium nitrate story like it was enriched plutonium or something.

The level of stupid is just hard to believe until you realise the same idiots complain about 5G.
    Ammonium nitrate is just another of their punching bags against big industry like mining.

When you know how ammonium nitrate is manufactured, stored, transported and used in the Hunter Valley it's pretty hard to work out how you would get it to deliberately explode. The way we handle it in Australia makes it pretty damn safe.

But my firends who work in the explosives industry were falling over themselves laughing last weekend when I pointed out the elephant in the room.
    The fvcktards are all screaming at the ammonium nitrate like Satan himself had just dropped a massive stinking turd in Hunter Street.
    Only one of my friends started laughing when I suggested the big pressurised vessels next door might be a tad more of a concern.
    "If one of those leaks, there's no big bang. But thousands of people downwind are dead and the last thing they smelt was cat piss."

The ammonia used to manufacture the it is going to kill a lot more people a lot quicker if one of those tanks ruptures.
    No smoke, no flames, no explosions. Just a Jonestown kind of apocalyptic scene. You can try to run away, but you're just going to die tired.

Years and years I've seen thousands of ammonium nitrate trucks driving up and down the New England highway and do you think just one of them would crash into a petrol or diesel tanker? NO. (Bitchin).
    Queensland is about the closes we've come to enjoying this spectacle.

And then there was our Mark John Avery in Doonside about 16 years ago. I was out the front of home when I hear a big deep explosion. From the sound I guessed it was something awesome about 15km away to the west.

It is impressive what your average idiot can achieve when they put their mind too it and have a resource of unlimited knowledge like the internet behind them.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (20-04-21),lsemmens (20-04-21)

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345