Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Border Closure QLD

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Truck drivers are crossing borders and going everywhere every day and they get their knickers in a twist about half a dozen people that have virtually quarantined on the way there and were tested and supposedly cleared before they got off. BFD.
    I guarantee if anyone here had a 100Ft yacht and the means to escape Victoria right now, They woulnd't be hanging around either.
    Was OK for 30K protestors to demonstrate but now they are pissing and moaning about a few people travelling.

Just another petty media rabble rousing story about nothing trying to stir up the bedwetters.

Personally I'd be a lot more concerend about the 3000 Chinese students they want to bring in.
    We know how well all this Hotel Quarantine has worked out so far.
    Doesn't look like it.....got money, flout law...if guilty, they should go to jail with the lubralips...

But a sizable donation to say...oh I dunno, the ALP maybe?...that'll take care of it.

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (26-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Political Crock of Shit.......

"I can assure people that everyone's perfectly safe, these people never got off that yacht in Queensland, they were tested on the yacht and now they're all in hotel quarantine."
    So they know they don't have it or they sure as hell would have made a song and dance about it but they are going to use the current laws to imprison them so as to be seen to be doing something to appease the whining peasants and political point score.

Typical.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

oooh, I can selectively quote too....

The family had originally been granted an exemption by Queensland's chief health officer, Jeannette Young, because she had been told the yacht was being sailed to the state for repairs and would make no stops.

"This exemption was given so they could come up directly from Victoria to Queensland, without stopping along the way, to have the repairs done," Dr Young said.

"Now, they were only meant to have the people necessary to bring the yacht safely up to Queensland."

Mr Simonds, executive director of the ASX-listed Simonds Group, was joined on his 15-day jaunt by his wife, Cheryl, his youngest son Vallence and Hannah Fox, daughter of Linfox executive chairman Peter Fox.
    They stopped, when they weren't supposed to. They have people aboard who had no permission to be there. I'm sure that Hannah Fox was necessary for repairs to be undertaken as stipulated in the exemption.

They violated the law...

Queensland Police had been provided with video evidence by Nine's A Current Affair, which appeared to reveal passengers and crew disembarking from the Lady Pamela in Yamba on August 21, which is understood to have been a breach of the conditions of their exemption.
    And it looks like they also got off in violation of their exemption.

They are liars who have flouted the law....you're prepared to brush it off and that's OK by me, although I am a little surprised.

But, it is what it is.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

They are liars who have flouted the law....you're prepared to brush it off and that's OK by me, although I am a little surprised.

But, it is what it is.
    Yeah, you are correct, they did the wrong thing. But then again, anyone that is half realistic knows there have always been one set of rules for the rich and connected and a set from everyone else and there always has been and always will be. It's far from anything new.

To me, with all the shit that's going on right now like the other thing you posted, there is so much more to worry about.
    The world is melting down at a rate never seen before and some rich people going from one state to another when clearly they pose NO risk to anyone and are just being used for political grand standing just isn't worth worrying about at this time. If I had the means, I'd do it as well and I'll bet a lot of people, even right here would as well.

Sure its wrong but so was things like BLM protests, hotel quarantines, closing borders and fking economy and the mind numbing stupidity continues daily which DOES hurt people and a lot of them. So many wrongs that have a real effect on everyone and will impact our way of lives. These people on a boat just don't rate to me. I'll admit I am stressed with all this China Flu shit, I am totally over the whole over exaggeration and Bullshit of it and the way the so called leaders are working it for all they can and for reasons that I am not aware of but clearly there is some agenda for.

Yeah, maybe at another time I might get my panties in a twist about it but right now, just seems to me there are so many other things going on this just doesn't rate in even the little, let alone grand scheme of things.

They have them in quarantine for however long, I'm sure that will be a hardship to them but in the end they will probably be rubbing shoulders with those that are grandstanding on their wrong doings in a months time and Pluckachook will probably be coming asking for political donations.
    The whole system at that level is corrupt as all Fk and there is nothing the plebs like you and I can do about it.

Not saying next week I won't be having a whinge about that but right now, just so many more things that are more worrying to me.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-08-20),enf (26-08-20)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12