Thread: Bosch 3000 alarm setup issues

Thanks

Default Bosch 3000 alarm setup issues

Hello, I recently started to configure a Bosch 3000 alarm and have encountered a few issues.
    My issues are
    1. On Board Tamper alert fault reported. I have the box closed and on the wall so I don't know why it would be making this fault. Has anyone seen this?
    2. Whenever I make a change either under installer or master once I save the change it sets of the alarm until I disarm it. Is this normal?
    3. I have set receiver to a phone number and it seems that as soon as I connect the phone line it rings the phone number constantly. Is this due to previous faults or the tamper fault that is not being removed?

I have managed to configure fobs, wireless sensors, PIRs, B426m board, Aplus softare with no issue( although changes uploaded by the aplus also cause the alarm to go off) so I think it is almost there but I need to fix these few issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Maddog78; 17-08-20 at 03:37 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

First, fix the onboard tamper fault. Short the terminals if you have to. Then report back here how many more issues remain.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joelau007 View Post
    First, fix the onboard tamper fault. Short the terminals if you have to. Then report back here how many more issues remain.
    Thanks. Should I just run a wire between the onboard tamper terminals or a resister?

Thanks

Thanks for the link. I saw that but I have the 5inch display and I wasn't quite sure where they were going with the suggestions in the responses so was a bit confused.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
    Thanks. Should I just run a wire between the onboard tamper terminals or a resister?
    Just a wire will do, no resister.

Thanks

Thanks. I probably won't get to this until the weekend but will reply once I have some results from doing this.

Thanks

Hi there,
    I am interested in connecting my Bosch 3000 Alarm to Homekit for Home Automation.

@ Any chance you are doing something similar as part of your setup?

Thanks

Thanks

Hello, I recently started to configure a Bosch 3000 alarm and have encountered a few issues.
    My issues are
    1. On Board Tamper alert fault reported. I have the box closed and on the wall so I don't know why it would be making this fault. Has anyone seen this?
    2. Whenever I make a change either under installer or master once I save the change it sets of the alarm until I disarm it. Is this normal?
    3. I have set receiver to a phone number and it seems that as soon as I connect the phone line it rings the phone number constantly. Is this due to previous faults or the tamper fault that is not being removed?

I have managed to configure fobs, wireless sensors, PIRs, B426m board, Aplus softare with no issue( although changes uploaded by the aplus also cause the alarm to go off) so I think it is almost there but I need to fix these few issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Onboard tamper use a bit of wire or reisistor.
    2. by default zone 8 is tamper for box (24hr) and will always sound as you got out of installer mode, if you only have 4 zone you need to disable the unused zone (if they are wireless you need to disable all the hard wired zone).
    3. Need the the "domestic default" option for dialer, think its "965 , stay, away" in installer mode.

Thanks

Sorry no automation plans at the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1982 View Post
    1. Onboard tamper use a bit of wire or reisistor.
    2. by default zone 8 is tamper for box (24hr) and will always sound as you got out of installer mode, if you only have 4 zone you need to disable the unused zone (if they are wireless you need to disable all the hard wired zone).
    3. Need the the "domestic default" option for dialer, think its "965 , stay, away" in installer mode.
    Thanks. I am pretty sure I disabled everything from zone 7 upwards. Some wireless but at zone 6 and 7.
    The piece of wire between the tamper terminals has stopped the on board tamper fault and when I made a change to the clock on reboot it did not set tbe alarm off. So the issue appears to be the cases tamper switch. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to troubleshoot this?
    I will be doing a test walk tomorrow to make sure my pirs and wireless pirs are working correctly. Strobe test works. Is there a way to test the external siren only and not the internal siren?
    Thanks all for the wire tip.
    I will also change the dialing properties to domestic tomorrow aswell to test.

Thanks

Thanks. I am pretty sure I disabled everything from zone 7 upwards. Some wireless but at zone 6 and 7.
    The piece of wire between the tamper terminals has stopped the on board tamper fault and when I made a change to the clock on reboot it did not set tbe alarm off. So the issue appears to be the cases tamper switch. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to troubleshoot this?
    I will be doing a test walk tomorrow to make sure my pirs and wireless pirs are working correctly. Strobe test works. Is there a way to test the external siren only and not the internal siren?
    Multimeter test the switch

I think you need to RTFM again. From the LCD screen, command, test, horn speaker

Thanks

Still have to disable zone 8 onboard as if you are using a wireless zone for 8 the hard wired zone needs to be disabled.

it will be "9" by default, need to changed it to "15" in programming.