Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was nearly scammed

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default I was nearly scammed

My bank has send me a reminder to check the quarterly statement yes the ins and out of my bank balance and because I forgot to check for week so yesterday I decide to check it yesterday and what I saw was 22 pending deduction from my account. All was from (FACEBK AND series NUMBER AND LETTERS) and the first one was 3 days ago ($1.65) but the rest of them the 21 of them was 2 days ago and they starter from $8.26 to $24.79 to a total off $505.71.
    I dont have FACKBOOK and I always try to use the same ATM from the BANK ONLY but last Friday I used a the Same Bank Machine but it was a piller box ATM the other side of the Shopping centre and because I was in a hurry I used it.
    After Contacting the Bank I spoke to a gentleman there and we have come to a conclusion that the Small pill box ATM had a Skimming device in it.
    May I say I want harm to come to this people May I say I would like to put CURSE on these people to DIE with horrible pain and I ASKED GOD last night to bring them to me so I can cut there eyes out and torture them to DEATH because I have enraged about this.
    In Between the last two days we had 2 phone scammers trying to scam us, both via the Home Phone (Telstra you internet going to be disconnected, pre button 2) and the Second one was The Taxing office doing the same. Again I will put a Curse for them too because since Covid 19 has been around we had very few of them but it look like they have started again. Once again I wish harm for these people.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-08-20),David071 (22-08-20),eaglem (22-08-20),gulliver (25-08-20),OSIRUS (21-08-20),shred (22-08-20)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I dont have FACKBOOK and I always try to use the same ATM from the BANK ONLY but last Friday I used a the Same Bank Machine but it was a piller box ATM the other side of the Shopping centre and because I was in a hurry I used it.
    Rarely ever use them, only when I'm withdrawing 1K + maybe once a year for cash purchses

ALL my usual $$ withdrawals are when I buy food plus 100$ cash out please so no worries about skimmers and deadbeats standing behind me when I use an ATM, much more safe

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

gulliver (25-08-20),Mr 672A (21-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Mrs CC got hacked twice in 2 Months earlier this year. Bank picked up on it that she probably wasn't Buying perfume in France given she had a transaction at the local servo minutes earlier.
    No sooner got the new CC, updated all the regular payments that go through it and the thing got hit again. No money lost but the time in Fking round changing all these payments and having these companies whining you missed the regular payment for the net etc. was the worst part. With all this china flu crap, getting through to anyone takes for Fking ever.

so I can cut there eyes out and torture them to DEATH because I have enraged about this.
    Yeah, I could unleash some pretty sick and demented evil in me with these bastards as well.
    Depends how many I was given though and the ongoing supply.... which probably would be ongoing in perpetuity.

Scammers, Child Molestors, Rapists and con men I could happily shoot or amputate middle appendages with a Chainsaw all day long and never get tired of it or have a seconds pity or remorse for doing it. If I had a lot to do, then the quick, bulk methods would be ok but if I had the opportunity to take my time.... They would probably take the option of offing themselves by beating their heads on a brick wall once they saw what I could come up with.

I KNOW I could do it and sleep very well. Pretty sure in fact it would probably help my mental state and get me over a few demons. Not that I have any worrying issues or anything.....

I would go a little easier on Politicians..... but not much. :0)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-08-20),gulliver (23-08-20),Mr 672A (21-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Now if you had Fakebook, you could have posted about that and the locals would spray paint the fvcker and they would make no money.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-08-20),Mr 672A (21-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

I bought something online from the US a year ago from a reputable supplier.

A few days later i had a Indian on the phone telling me hes calling from the bank about a unusual transaction, me hearing a Indian on the phone telling me hes from the bank had me telling him where to go.

He went on to say, find the banks number online and call him back as hes not a scam.

After checking the number, he was right, i had to apologize.

Someone in the US tried using my credit card number in Walmart to buy some things valued at over $1000.

Mental note not to go off every time i hear a Indian claiming hes from the bank........

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-08-20),gulliver (25-08-20),lsemmens (22-08-20),Mr 672A (21-08-20),OSIRUS (25-08-20),Tiny (23-08-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

In Between the last two days we had 2 phone scammers trying to scam us, both via the Home Phone (Telstra you internet going to be disconnected, pre button 2) and the Second one was The Taxing office doing the same. Again I will put a Curse for them too because since Covid 19 has been around we had very few of them but it look like they have started again. Once again I wish harm for these people.
    These two had Indian dialogue. what wrong with these people?. I look at the 6 o'clock news tonight and plenty of old folks have been scammed up to $600,000

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

Mental note not to go off every time i hear a Indian claiming hes from the bank........
    But you know..............you realllly do know.....that if he/she/it has an Indian accent it is more than likely to be a scam

Not being racist, just a fact of life these days............and a well earned bad rep for anyone with an Indian accent who phones unannounced

Thanks

I read an interesting article recently about the need to “plant your flag” online.

My father doesn’t use computers, doesn’t want to and believes he is less likely to get ripped off, because he has no online access to his bank accounts. But here’s the thing: the banks make it _really_ easy for you to set up online banking. You don’t need much personal information to convince them that you are their customer, wanting to create an online banking account. As a result, there is actually a danger in not establishing online banking access, because it’s much easier for a criminal to set up a new account to access your funds than it is for them to take over your existing online banking account.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post

Not being racist, just a fact of life these days............and a well earned bad rep for anyone with an Indian accent who phones unannounced
    The FACT of the matter is that scamming is a big industry in India, Bangladesh, parts of africa and a few other shithole places.
    Law enforcement is minimal if non existent, often they are in on it getting kick backs and the call center operators make HUGE money out of it. There are plenty of YT vids where they bust these call centres and they are very well organised and set up and have scripts written for the " blowers".

They are usually jealous of people in the west and have no pity for what they do. Some of the things they do to old people in particular are lower than low.

I remember a scam here years ago were people selling space in the Police/ Nurses/ emergency services journals. Having the supposed association with Cops etc supposedly gave them a lot of credibility and they cited numbers of people in those departments rather than the number of journals they printed..... which was a meagre handful and of no adverting value what so ever. They got away with that for years because they relied on the ignorance of people not to ask the pertinent questions and they were careful not to make any false claims. They also used to target Mid size Businesses just sending them invoices hoping they would get paid on the assumption someone else in the Company had OK'ed it. The invoices were in advance so if they got paid, they ran some useless shit ad and they were covered.

I don't think they did anything criminal, they just played on peoples ignorance and lack lack of due diligence. Eventually they did get shut down but I don't believe any recovery or criminal action was ever taken against the ring leaders.

I'm selling a car atm and some of the emails I'm getting from scammers are Thin as a new Brides Nightie and others are quite creative. They haven't let opportunity pass. I have had 2 in 2 days where they want to put the money into my account and/ or have the car picked up and the person collecting it will give me a Bank Cheque ( oh yeah) because they are in Victoria and can't come here to see it themselves because of the China flu restrictions. Plenty of opportunity they make full use of to tug at the heart strings with all of that scenario as well.
    They must be either re birthing them which I thought was a thing of the past now or sending them OS.

In some instances, I don't feel sorry for people when they are scammed or ripped off. Some of these ruses are so damn thin and transparent that if the people loose a few grand, to me it is simply the price of education and they should be lucky they got the lesson without loosing everything.

I have drummed it into my father not to tell anyone anything but he's pretty aware and for once, the rabble rousing "Current affairs" shows on TV have educated him pretty well. Even he says some people are so stupid they deserve to be taken so they wake up. My far from elderly Brother in law got taken for a few grand couple of years back and the BS he fell for was hard to believe. He's worth a quid so they probably did him a favour in that the embarrassment from the jibes he still gets will make sure he doesen't loose a lot more in the future.

That said. if I ever got my hands on any of these low lifes, their end would not be good.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I get these phone calls regularly. If I have the time, I waste theirs, my best was about an hour whilst they tried to work out what they were telling me wasn't working. Eventually their "supervisor" decided that they don't support Linux and just hung up on me.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-08-20),Godzilla (28-08-20),gulliver (23-08-20),hinekadon (22-08-20)

Thanks

Now I have to report this to Cyber Crime, More waste of my time

Thanks

Funny thing is I DONT HAVE FACKBOOK and I NEVER HAS USED FACE BOOK but had 22 Pending on my Commonwealth Bank Account and all of the 22 Pending had: FACEBK ( A Combination of 7 or 8 numbers and letters). Each 22 pending had FACEBK and these numbers and letters and finished with my LAST 4 Numbers on my Commonwealth Bank debit Card.
    Now Why FACEBK? What does FACKBK has to do with this and yet I have nothing to do with FACEBOOK or is this FACKBK something different. What do you think

Thanks

What do you think
    I think they put anything on there that they think people won't take too much notice of. As most people are facewaste users, this is a good general cover name to put on there so people will look and go " Oh yeah" and not check into it too much. I wouldn't be getting at all focussed and in a tizz about face ache, that's just playing on people's apathy and using it as a general cover for the scam. They could have just as well put ebay on it, they are just trying to fly under the radar.

It's the same as I have had probably Dozens of emails now from banks whom I have never heard of much less have an account with.

They obviously Skimmed your Number, once they set up a payment schedule they can put anything on it.
    Don't get concerned about facewaste, nothing to do with them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I get these phone calls regularly. If I have the time, I waste theirs, my best was about an hour whilst they tried to work out what they were telling me wasn't working. Eventually their "supervisor" decided that they don't support Linux and just hung up on me.
    I know just how to upset the Indians. Inside info from a mate that filled me in on the things they hold sacred and how to really upset them. It's not by calling them names, it's by calling their honour and calling their standing in the community into question as to what friends and neighbours would think if they knew they were associating with a criminal. Asking what the parents would think of them and having a deceitful and dishonourable child and how shamed how shamed they would be if they knew what they were doing and the dishonour it brings to the family name of their ancestors really cuts them down. For the blokes I also ask if they are the eldest child in the family. If they are, Jackpot. There is a lot of weight and responsibility put on the eldest male and they are supposed to set the example and look after the rest.

Push the right button and the little scamming mongerals go into melt down. I have had a few go nuts and even keep ringing me back to yell and insult me. I just laugh and that winds them up some more. The funniest one was a guy that called me a Nigerian. The best ones are when they say they are going to come and kill you. I tell them no you can't because you are stuck in your little shithole where you live and can only dream of living where I do and you will never be able to come to a beautiful place like this or meet a beautiful woman to have as your wife. Had a few just go quiet and hang up. Having a beautiful wife is a BIIIG thing in their culture.

The women are the ones that really take things to heart, they usually go really quiet but for some reason don't tend to hang up as quick. They might come back with some insults of their own but they tend to hang on for some reason and let you really go for the Jugular.

I know nothing I say will stop them but I also know what I say will play on their minds and be in their heads because it's eating at their ingrained culture.
    They might be low lying pieces of shit now but the majority were brought up with decent values and encouraged to be upstanding people in the community with honourable and impressive professions to make the parents and family proud.

Reminding them how they have failed the parents and family name by being con men and dregs of society worse than a garbage collector hurts a lot more than they would ever let on.

Mind you, I have used the disappointment to parents line many times with all sorts of people and that rarely fails to get a reaction that let you know you really got to them.
    Last edited by george65; 23-08-20 at 07:21 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (24-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Now Why FACEBK? What does FACKBK has to do with this and yet I have nothing to do with FACEBOOK or is this FACKBK something different. What do you think
    1/ someone skimmed you CC credentials
    2/ then use those to setup an FB business account for ads

Standard scam, been around for years

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (24-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I know just how to upset the Indians. Inside info from a mate that filled me in on the things they hold sacred and how to really upset them. It's not by calling them names, it's by calling their honour and calling their standing in the community into question as to what friends and neighbours would think if they knew they were associating with a criminal. Asking what the parents would think of them and having a deceitful and dishonourable child and how shamed how shamed they would be if they knew what they were doing and the dishonour it brings to the family name of their ancestors really cuts them down. For the blokes I also ask if they are the eldest child in the family. If they are, Jackpot. There is a lot of weight and responsibility put on the eldest male and they are supposed to set the example and look after the rest.

Push the right button and the little scamming mongerals go into melt down. I have had a few go nuts and even keep ringing me back to yell and insult me. I just laugh and that winds them up some more. The funniest one was a guy that called me a Nigerian. The best ones are when they say they are going to come and kill you. I tell them no you can't because you are stuck in your little shithole where you live and can only dream of living where I do and you will never be able to come to a beautiful place like this or meet a beautiful woman to have as your wife. Had a few just go quiet and hang up. Having a beautiful wife is a BIIIG thing in their culture.

The women are the ones that really take things to heart, they usually go really quiet but for some reason don't tend to hang up as quick. They might come back with some insults of their own but they tend to hang on for some reason and let you really go for the Jugular.

I know nothing I say will stop them but I also know what I say will play on their minds and be in their heads because it's eating at their ingrained culture.
    They might be low lying pieces of shit now but the majority were brought up with decent values and encouraged to be upstanding people in the community with honourable and impressive professions to make the parents and family proud.

Reminding them how they have failed the parents and family name by being con men and dregs of society worse than a garbage collector hurts a lot more than they would ever let on.

Mind you, I have used the disappointment to parents line many times with all sorts of people and that rarely fails to get a reaction that let you know you really got to them.
    Most of them are woman.
    Maybe you can make a insult for MEN and for a Woman and stick it here and will study them
    MAN= Say this,,,,,, ,,,,

WOMAN= Say this ,,,,,,,, ,,,,,

Thanks

Yes the Money has been taken out and the scum in Europe has got my money but I can tell you this I will troll around any ATM and will see if they have skimming device and I will rip it off and give it to the Police. Even If I get one I will cost them some Money, You have started this and only death will stop me taking revenge on any scammers
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 25-08-20 at 10:21 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Anytime anyone cold calls you, such as in Godzilla's case*, always ask for their name and department and say you will ring the bank number official number (such as one their website) and ask for them.

I have had a few dust ups with legit people, but as I say to them, "You called me, I don't know who you are". Its not worth the risk with the amount of scammers out there now.

* Can certainly understand the "auto indian alert" going off

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (25-08-20),eaglem (26-08-20),Godzilla (28-08-20),Mr 672A (26-08-20),shred (25-08-20)

Thanks

Yes the Money has been taken out and the scum in Europe has got my money
    Did the bank not cover you for the money?
    We have never lost any money and been hit more than a few times. I'd be taking it up with the bank if they haven't covered you or looking for a new one.
    Most banks and Visa/ Mastercard have pretty good protection polices.

Lets face it, The technology they use is so pissweak anyone half interested can get the info they need to scam you.

Pretty certain the staff at some places you use the card, skim it or do whatever and pass the info on.

We went to Cairns for a Holiday in 2017. Had only used that particular card once in weeks at the car rental Joint when we returned it. Time we got to the airport, bank is ringing Mrs asking about OS transactions at some place buying carpets. She says I am sitting in Cairns airport. They said yeah, thought that may be the case seeing you just paid for a rental car.

Odds on the little fker there was dodgy. Seemed a bit how ya going while we were there but I just thought he was checking out the Mrs. Seemed it wasn't her he was interested in.

We got hit twice in NZ in '18. First alert was the day after we arrived. They cancelled the card. Next one was the day before we were due to leave. Mrs said I will have no cards if you cancel this one. She told them where we would be and when we would be home and they asked if she would notify them when she got back home so they could cancel the card. Also said they may ring to verify some transactions and put a lower limit on it which was fine. She rang when we got home and they said there had been 3 more attempts on it from OS shithole places of course.

Pretty obvious they look for people travelling probably because they know they will be using the cards a lot and won't be back and pass the details on.
    Someone must make Millions out of it.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (26-08-20),Mr 672A (26-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Anytime anyone cold calls you, such as in Godzilla's case*, always ask for their name and department and say you will ring the bank number official number (such as one their website) and ask for them.

I have had a few dust ups with legit people, but as I say to them, "You called me, I don't know who you are". Its not worth the risk with the amount of scammers out there now.

* Can certainly understand the "auto indian alert" going off
    It has become a joke today. We have had 3 scams in 5 days via the Phone. two of them was the same day and in between this I was ripped off by some scum using my numbers on my mastercard/debit card. The three callers that called trying scam us was a woman caller.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast