Telstra are telling us they are going to be shortly cutting off the ADSL. As such I'm looking for a new internet and land line provider and looking at cancelling foxtell which costs a lot and does not get used much. If we can substitute netflix and this "Stan" whatever the fk that is, that will do. I don't watch TV anyway, just for the Mrs and she sleeps in front of it more than she watches it. The normal FTA is good enough as I think we can still get netflix.

Relevant Information:

Use the net a lot, not for downloading movies ( daughter watched some netflicks ) or gaming, but a lot of YT and general viewing.

We are 900M from the node in the street so I am told that we won't get 100 speed.

Would like something fast but not sure how to get it affordably.

Antenna blew off the house so need something to give us Free to air channels or I'll have to put up another antenna which I don't want to do as it will shade solar panels.
Have the foxtell satelite, can I put another box on that for FTA and preferably recording?

Providor I am looking at is is IInet because of cost, speed and you get a set top box for FTA and can get landline through them as well. Looking at the 50 speed pack with the $5 phone add on.

Also saw this satellite deal from skymesh but not sure if 2048 Kpbs is equivalent to NBN 50 speed. They also don't see to have phone or TV.

Am pretty pissed off with the near useless service/ support and Fking around from Telstra so they are low on the preference list. If they are the best deal and reliability and for what I want in TV, phone and net, may have to stay with them and hope for the best.... which is bound to lead to disappointment.

We are on the outskirts of Sydney near Camden.

Pissed off Completely that due to the gubbermints retarded railroading that I couldn't reconnect to the Optus Cable I was on at the old place when it runs right past the house. That was faster, cheaper and infinitely more reliable than this NBN bullshit.
One thing I am concerned about is that no pack of clowns seem to have any speed guarantee. If I sign up for 50 and only get 25 or something, what are my options? Don't want to be paying for something I can't get. I'd like to avoid NBN all together but seems somehow even the satelite runs through that or have I got it wrong? They say it's NBN?

Suggestions welcomed.