Thread: Why People Are Sceptical About Authority

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Default Why People Are Sceptical About Authority

Is it any wonder why ordinary people get the sh!ts when they read stuff like this.........................

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-09-20),Landytrack (03-09-20),lsemmens (02-09-20),Mr 672A (13-09-20),shred (04-09-20),Tiny (03-09-20),wotnot (02-09-20)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Is it any wonder why ordinary people get the sh!ts when they read stuff like this.........................

You are right there, enf. I ordered something that comes from the other side of Sydney to me at Sydney. It was posted last Thursday. Yesterday afternoon, Tuesday, I rand AP asking why it has not moved from the receiving office. "Oh, items local take 6 to 8 days before they are delivered". What??? I ordered some items from the US and they were shipped FEDEX. Took 3 days from them to me and a local item takes 6 to 8. Australia Post, you are a joke. Not the workers but management.
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:

eaglem (03-09-20),gulliver (03-09-20),Landytrack (03-09-20),lsemmens (02-09-20),SS Dave (05-09-20),VroomVroom (03-09-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Ugh.... austpost... I'd wager a bob that every online forum like this, has it's own hate content regarding how austpost fails to deliver =)

I still recall it as the Postmaster's-General office, the PMG ; I still remember the cries from the old-guard in the mid 70's as the govt. moved to a corporatism stance regarding the PMG -- "This, is the beginning of the end" was the cry. AustPost got one bit ; Telecom the other. It's pretty much been a horrorshow ever since -- you can tell : aussies all get the shits with austpost and the now telstra -- doesn't seem like those in power know how to run a corporation ; that doesn't bode well for those supposed to run a country.

This is difficult to put into words, but in the old days the PMG was considered somewhat sacrosanct - it represented an ethical standard that folks trusted in, and it stood as a reflection of Australian heritage, that the PMG existed as a trusted entity, regardless of which government had been elected into office.... even though itself the PMG was a govt. department ; it stood for something of honor and high ethics, the that govt. gave back to the people .... then they sold it off.

Many aussie hearts felt betrayed & disillusioned by that act, and still today we remember and feel what we lost....and many like myself have never forgiven them for that lowest of acts.

We perhaps might have thought it was a prudent move, *if* the change proceeded, and we the people ended up with better postal/telecommunication networks and logistics operations, but we didn't --- we got austpost & telstra instead, neither entity which anyone really trusts, in the same way we aussies trusted the PMG...no way, uh-ahh..never. Look at the NBN

Anyhoo... for reference to help those not alive at the time to have lived what wikipedia accurately reports --

Stories of shame, oh my brothers & sisters, stories of shame for the people
    Last edited by wotnot; 02-09-20 at 04:10 PM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (02-09-20),Landytrack (03-09-20),lsemmens (02-09-20),VroomVroom (03-09-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

It is always like that when the pigs at the trough get fed too much.
    Execs should get payed only by performance, not the fact that they sit at some table in some exclusive club.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-20),efab (02-09-20),enf (02-09-20),gulliver (06-09-20),Keith (05-09-20),lsemmens (02-09-20),SS Dave (05-09-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    It is always like that when the pigs at the trough get fed too much.
    Execs should get payed only by performance, not the fact that they sit at some table in some exclusive club.
    I tend to agree. I have absolutely no problem with them getting a big lump of loot to attract them, but after that it should be "prove you're worth it!"
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-20),Keith (05-09-20),lsemmens (02-09-20),Uncle Fester (03-09-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

When I started my working life it was with the Public Money Grabbers, I'd been a loyal customer for many years because I live "out bush". I wasted over an hour on the phone the other day looking for explanation on a bill, 'f'n useless! Unless they can give me a satisfactory answer on Friday when I want to put all my services on hold whilst I am away, I'll be putting them on permanent hold!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I talk to my postie Quite a Bit. He's a very decent guy. Well and truly goes above and beyond with what he does.

I saw him a couple of weeks ago and noted the bags on his stepthough bike were stuffed full. I noted the weight warnings on the bags and commented on the load was a lot for the little bike and how that would affect my own bike weighting at least 4X what these little things do.

He laughed and said If I didn't have double the weight, I'd be amazed. I agreed looking at what he had.
    He said on one hand they are made to take all they can on the other they get in the shit at different times if they don't follow the rules.
    He spoke about a collouge that the week before left the depot, stopped at the lights and had a car run in the back of him and knock him off the bike. Notified the depot, they came got the bike and the mail and the internal investigators then held him responsible for the accident because the bike was over loaded.
    When several of the posties then after being read the riot act refused to take excess mail over their weight limit, their jobs were threatened.

He was telling me how with his overloaded bike, he also got called in to explain the fuel consumption of the thing! He pointed out that instead of loading the mail once a day, he had been regularly going back to the depot 3 times a day because they were giving him oversize parcels they weren't even supposed to carry but because Starwreck the Oz post couriers were also overloaded, they were giving the smaller but oversize parcels to the posties. He handed me 2 large shoe boxes my daughter had ordered. That was one bag full on his own.

If 10% of what he tells me is true, and I have no doubt 101% is, then they put up with a hell of a lot, particularly in the last 6 Months.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (06-09-20),eaglem (05-09-20),enf (03-09-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

AusPOO is making a motza and just claimed they delivered most packages/day ever a short time ago and we are not even near Christmas.
    Obviously Covid has a lot to do with this but one would think they would be screaming to employ new deliverers especially in a time where so many have lost their job but I have heard nothing of the kind.
    I understand the Australia post is still somewhat owned by our government, so why doesn't it step in so it can actually create new jobs and not only talk about it the whole time?

... ah yes, the 'well performing' CEO won't want that, could reduce her booming profit a little. Volunteers for this charity institution it is.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 03-09-20 at 11:24 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (05-09-20),enf (03-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Interesting emails ive had from Aus Post over the last few weeks due to our account with them.

First they dropped the Vic workforce down by 10%, then down by 30% due to the virus....but expected the staff that were left there to continue picking up 100% of the workload.

Then we noticed goods that should be delivered the next day locally taking over a week. Customers are going off at us about it (like im personally transporting the goods to them)

Then a email from Aus post that our parcels are being transported from VIC to NSW to be processed, then shipped back down to VIC.

Meanwhile im fuming as some of these deliveries were just a few Km from our factory, beyond logical comprehension......

Had a massive fight with their local management a few weeks ago, new driver rolls up, gets out, its a female (the regular driver is male), not wearing her mask over her mouth (was under her chin), looks at the parcels on the pallet and says thats too much for her to lift.

Son asks her if she needs help, she replied yes and she just stands there watching while he loaded all the goods in.

Im watching from across the factory fuming, walked over as she left, asked my son what happened and why is he doing her work for her, when a heard what happened (and right under our roller door security camera), Aus post management had a really nice email from me, asking if my 100+K a year account was not enough and if i should come and also and unload it at their depo.

They have become the biggest useless bunch a lazy bastards, from the top to the bottom, everyone just looking at how to pass the day with minimal effort and maximum return into their pockets.

The whole organization needs a shake up.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (06-09-20),eaglem (05-09-20),enf (04-09-20),SS Dave (05-09-20),VroomVroom (07-09-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

They have become the biggest useless bunch a lazy bastards, from the top to the bottom, everyone just looking at how to pass the day with minimal effort and maximum return into their pockets.

The whole organization needs a shake up.
    But only AFTER the execs take a bonus...................it's FUBAR.

That's a bad story mate, and becoming increasingly common I think....

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (06-09-20),eaglem (05-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

I think it's going to get worse everywhere. The next wave of excuses for the socially Developed bedwetters and snow flakes is being instilled into them right now.
    With all the China Flu crap, the " Mental Health " attention is growing. Like all well meaning, worthwhile and creditable endeavors, I predict this is going to be twisted and turned as a instrument and excuse for the Bludgers and soft Crocks. It will be the work load, no matter how light, is too much for them, any criticism of their work ( unless glowing sunshine and unicorns ) will be putting too much pressure on them and there will be a whole now raft of Bullshit OH&S or work place requirements bought in to address this. Won't be as much for the genuine cases but for those looking to twist it to their own Illegitimate gain.

That postie won't be complaining it's too much for her to lift, she will be complaining the mere sight of driving up and just seeing it will be too much for her to mentally cope with. It will be an excuse not to do her job and to take 3 Days " Mental health leave" to recover from the stress of actually being asked to perform the job they were hired for.

Just watch the " Mental Health" issue take off as an excuse for all manner of slack, Laziness and general pathetic bludging bullshit.

Premium Member
    Thanks

they are talking about cutting posties down to 3 delivery days a week because of the lack of mail is this Australia wide or just here in Perth

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dai View Post
    they are talking about cutting posties down to 3 delivery days a week because of the lack of mail is this Australia wide or just here in Perth
    That's already happening here....or maybe it's every second weekday....same thing anyway.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

It took 3 weeks todeliver lock sets from SE Melb to S Melb distance of 20-25 k's. Items went to Sydney got sorted and then sent back Melb, all because of Corona Virus. Customer would not believe me
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Received a card from AP in the letter box yesterday. It said that due to extraordinary amounts of parcels and letters, mail will be delivered every second day. This is to happen until April 2021 (I think, I threw the thing into the garbage). So, instead of employing more out of work Australians, lets not do what the postage charges are for and not deliver the mail. Great idea CEO, you deserve that bloated bonus for coming up with that idea.
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (06-09-20),enf (05-09-20),Johnno (05-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Received a card from AP in the letter box yesterday. It said that due to extraordinary amounts of parcels and letters, mail will be delivered every second day. This is to happen until April 2021 (I think, I threw the thing into the garbage). So, instead of employing more out of work Australians, lets not do what the postage charges are for and not deliver the mail. Great idea CEO, you deserve that bloated bonus for coming up with that idea.
    Well said Keith.. I received the same card, every second day.. In Melb that's the only time I go out - to check the letter box.. There goes my scheduled daily exercise routine. LOL

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

gulliver (06-09-20),Keith (06-09-20)

Thanks

Did'nt get a card but postie told me last week we were going to get every 2nd day mail delivery.
    He's on the bike one day with the mail and the other day he's in the van doing parcels.