Thread: 60 Minutes: ‘Circus family’. Disgraceful act by NSW Police

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default 60 Minutes: ‘Circus family’. Disgraceful act by NSW Police

Well all heard what happened with Cardinal Pell case but this case make make pell case look like the Police made a Genuine Mistake.
    Watching 60 minute last night and made me puke because the Way the Police and the DDP done a PILE ON with this family just to get them CONVICTED. What in the FU.k is going on with the Police these days to behave this way. Are they on bonuses to get any Conviction

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

eaglem (08-09-20),Landytrack (10-09-20),OSIRUS (15-09-20),RFI-EMI-GUY (07-09-20),Tiny (08-09-20)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I was on a jury once where the police manipulated a couple of things to support their case rather then just present the facts. In the end it worked against them. Not guilty. The case was dangerous driving causing physical injury.

In the case above, I can understand the need to collect evidence.
    I've never really understood the motivation to manipulate. Then there is the language and treatment shown before guilt is revealed in a court of law. Yes, everyone is human, including police but there should be some restraint as part of the job description. Why not just present the actual facts and they land as they fall.
    Last edited by Drought Relief; 07-09-20 at 12:39 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drought Relief For This Useful Post:

eaglem (08-09-20)

Thanks

There was a case in California years ago. A family that ran a day care and all kinds of horrific charges elicited from children by some expert. It all turned out to be bogus.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    "Have Spectrum Analyzer, - Will travel".

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFI-EMI-GUY For This Useful Post:

eaglem (08-09-20),Landytrack (10-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

And people here wonder why I am not a fan of the police.

I knew a guy years ago that had his kids taken off him. I'll grant, he was a weirdo. He was on some TV show where they accompanied the cops and DOCS, smashed in his house and took his Kids on the reports of some loony neighbor. Subsequently came out that through all their investigations they could find No wrong doing, the kids were unmarked, themselves claimed they were loved and taken care of and were in perfect health. Wasn't hard to see the Neighbor was a fruit loop and her grievance pretty much amounted to something akin to being pissed off because the cat came over the fence and shit in her garden.

After putting the poor guy and his wife through hell for some months, the kids were returned and no charges laid.
    There was a follow up story Ironical by the same network when he claimed and got hefty Compensation but of course no apology.

The guy was an oddball, no 2 ways about it, but that's a lot different to doing anything wrong by his kids.

I think a lot of this China flu BS is for the benefit of the cops and extending their powers well beyond what they should be allowed to get away with.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (08-09-20),Landytrack (10-09-20),Mr 672A (08-09-20),OSIRUS (15-09-20),VroomVroom (08-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

I'm reading a book about forensic science at the moment , and it shows the technology available to assist in prosecuting criminal cases , and the standards that need to be met. But it seems like in some cases like these where there is no physical evidence , the cops rely too much on verbal evidence , and even that coming from a child or a tainted memory.. I hope that Pell and other innocent victims sue for false accusation.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-09-20),eaglem (08-09-20),george65 (08-09-20),Landytrack (10-09-20),Mr 672A (08-09-20),OSIRUS (15-09-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    But it seems like in some cases like these where there is no physical evidence , the cops rely too much on verbal evidence , and even that coming from a child or a tainted memory.. I hope that Pell and other innocent victims sue for false accusation.
    Case like this It remind me of make a movie so the DPP wants a conviction so lets make the story like a movie to fit the situation so they start making this like a movie so the jurors gets interested like a good movie and gets the conclusion what the prosecutor needs to find the person guilty. Have you ever notice this they make nothing in something by adding stuff to make the case interesting. The trouble is years ago anyone charge with these type of case was given bail but not know ever since most states have changed the law when it come to bail so once the cops raid your house say 1.pm you are at the watch house by 5 PM then days later you in jail and stay there until your trial but once again years ago if were in unlawfully arrested and sent to jail and found not guilty you would be paid a basic compensation for how man days you are in jail but not now because the Arrogant Politicians made it impossible to get any compensation even if you sue the state because you will be dead from old age before you get any compensation.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-09-20),gulliver (13-09-20),OSIRUS (15-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    the cops rely too much on verbal evidence , and even that coming from a child or a tainted memory.. I hope that Pell and other innocent victims sue for false accusation.
    I mentioned this here a while back.
    Some time ago, my father and I were discussing a family Holiday. We both have VERY different Versions of events situations.
    We found some Photos and an old home movie and turned out both of us were miles away from reality.
    We were both adamant we were right and the other had been smoking something but turned out neither of us were even close.

That was really quite an eye opener for me. There was nothing to gain, I would have bet my house I was right and things happened exactly I remembered but pretty much got nothing but the very basics of where it was and where we stayed right.

As bit of a stir for one another, I asked my Aunt who was there and has pretty bad dementure. She recited with amazing detail and accuracy what dad and I had seen only days before in the super 8 Movie. She remembered details we hadn't even remember Including an accident I had.

Dad and I thought Perhaps we were the ones that should be treated for Dementure not her.

Just goes to show how bad peoples memory can be even when there is nothing to gain let alone when there is and their recollection can be lucrative. Makes a joke of these people accusing others of crimes supposedly committed 30 years ago.

I hope those that have been falsely accused through bungled or biased investigations get Fking Millions.
    Couldn't Imagine anything worse than that.
    Even when you are cleared, a lot of shit always sticks in peoples minds.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-09-20),Landytrack (10-09-20),OSIRUS (15-09-20),Tiny (09-09-20),VroomVroom (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

The issue here is not so much the police investigation, but their treatment while on remand and the hyper media representation of the matter.

The alleged child sex abuse by a number of children is a serious matter that would not be investigated by junior or poorly qualified police. The matter would have been reviewed and forwarded for a legal advising. On that advising, it would have been determined there was sufficient evidence to commence proceedings, and ultimately the DPP deemed the matter (based on that evidence) worthy to prosecute.

Despite the claims by Bryan Wench, solicitor (who himself previously plead guilty to providing false evidence to courts), and comments by some disgruntled punters here, matters do not get to that point without evidence. That evidence would have been more than just the statements of the alleged victims. As this matter is not proceeding however, most of that evidence will never be made public.

When it got to a point where victims began retracting statements and advising they had lied, the matter was pulled, and rightly so. From reading the article that should have happened earlier - but again, we don’t have access to the evidence to determine if that was possible.

Rightly (or wrongly) that is how our system of criminal justice works.

The claims of mistreatment in prison are troubling, and that may well be an issue that Corrective Services needs to address. These people were ultimately refused bail - on a number of occasions - by a magistrate or judge on evidence that was presented to them, and based on that evidence they deemed the refusal of bail necessary.

The more pressing issue here is the media and reporting coverage. Like so many matters, high profile or not, individuals names and photographs are broadcast across all forms of media, and will be recorded online forever, regardless of outcome. The matter may simply be before the court for a mention, but once those names are on the court record the media are permitted to publish the details, unless orders are made to the contrary.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-09-20),Landytrack (10-09-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Therein lies the rub, A person accused has the right of presumed innocence until proven guilty in a court of law. Until they are found guilty, they deserve to be treated with as much dignity and respect as any other person. GIven that this case was dropped, they should be accorded due justice for the "crime" of being accused and treated as criminals, despite no charges ever being brought against them, or convictions recorded.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-09-20),enf (13-09-20),OSIRUS (15-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post

The matter would have been reviewed and forwarded for a legal advising. On that advising, it would have been determined there was sufficient evidence to commence proceedings, and ultimately the DPP deemed the matter (based on that evidence) worthy to prosecute..
    Hmm" Evidence".
    In my thankfully very limited experience but repeated observation, evidence is like statistics... You can make it say pretty much anything you want it to.
    At the very basic level, evidence can be excluded or not entered that goes against the position the party with said evidence want to take. It can also be badly manipulated by experts paid fortunes whom want to appear to be earning their money and be hired in the future.

In my sons court case, the defendants responsible for his accident brought out some arsehole who tried to put their Negligence back on my son and blame him.
    This expert trotted out a lot of crap which thankfully the presiding Judge, the Cheif Justice of NSW, saw right though. He did a better job of questioning the guy than the Gubberment prosecutor did and in the end did little to hide his displeasure at the way the guy was contorting things. In the end he flat out said, he did not find him a creditable expert witness, he found him to be biased and trying to support his theroy's rather than simply relay facts as a creditable expert should do.

I think in the end that counted against the defence and this clown sure cost them plenty of money.

The thing that was the big take away for me ( apart for life long gratitude to the judge) was this clown could have easily got away with this. Had the judge not been as on the ball, the prosecutor certainly wasn't or had it been a lesser defence lawyer, this guy or similar " Evidence" which under examinations was clearly a crock, could have EASILY got away with it and spun the whole case 180o.

This has to happen all the time. As stated by the OP, look at what happened with Pell. I'm sure the prosecution thought they had enough evidence with him and they did for convictions but in the end, it was pretty clear it was a complete load of shit.

I'm all for shooting these low Lifes but you have to get fair and honest convictions. When things start getting made up those doing the fabricating are no better than the ones they are framing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (15-09-20)

Thanks

I have said this before and I will say it again working for a group of solicitors for years I can Guarantee with my life not not many could say this that I can train any child (A actor Child would be easy) Train the Child on WHAT TO SAY and WHAT NOT TO SAY to get any male convicted on any Child Sex Charged. All I would need is one day of Investigating "EG" a man lives by himself in his house and if he lives with his Mother that a BONUS (a few cases like this). The Child find any way to get inside the house with the guys mother there or outside or gone Shopping and if the child does this more than once the guy is Trucked, now that easy to do and then the child mother not the Fathers complain to the Police that this man has done some dirty things to me. I wont go into details for the child how to leave evidence so the Doctors for this but when the Guy is Charged with RAPE and or Maintaining a Sexual Relation of a Child under 16 or both of them + Indecent Dealings + other to make the Case interesting the case has now become a RUNAWAY TRAIN like most Barristers have call this.
    Once the Guy is Charged because the Child went at this man house at least 3 + times THE DPP, The Movie Makers make a Story to fit the Conviction (Reverse Engineering) so the Story writers (the Producers of the Movie + the writers) make up and say Allegedly that this has Happened. You get the picture for this and the Guy is Found guilty and goes to jail then I release my awarding making Movie to the media how to set up anyone to get jailed with these convictions, how I made a scenario for a child to make a complaint of a sexual nature to get any one convicted and after this the whole system get embarrassed how east to get anyone convicted with this and then the STATE spends the next years to find out the person that started this but not spend the time TO FIX there broken system of hear say will get any man convicted like what happened in this above case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I have said this before and I will say it again working for a group of solicitors for years I can Guarantee with my life not not many could say this that I can train any child (A actor Child would be easy) Train the Child on WHAT TO SAY and WHAT NOT TO SAY to get any male convicted on any Child Sex Charged.
    I saw a thing on this years ago.
    Some researchers went into a Kindergarten and staged some everyday event. They then went to the kids ( individually) and started questioning them about what happened. Was the ladys dress blue? Kid said no, it was red. researcher kept putting it to the kid it was blue and the kid quickly went from laughing and getting excited it was red to agreeing with the researcher it was blue. Another researcher then came in, first one leaves, asks the kid some questions including what colour the ladys dress was and now it's blue straight off.

They did a number of different scenarios with different kids as to things that were said, events that happened and even getting the kids to incriminate themselves for things they didn't do and got the same result every time. Put something to the kids often enough even when not at all forcefully and they will come round to what the adult is proposing every single time.
    They put it down to kids wanting to please and the fact they are taught to do what they are told which in this case, they were told by an adult the dress was blue.

I saw this years ago, it isn't the latest research or discovery.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (15-09-20),OSIRUS (15-09-20),VroomVroom (15-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I saw a thing on this years ago.

I saw this years ago, it isn't the latest research or discovery.
    You need someone that has balls to do this and if you do the system will gang up against you because of embarrassment and no doubt you will get jail time but when you are in jail and you will be able to watch the tv where the news or other that will show you how FARCE the whole system is when it comes to any man being charged with Child Sex offenses, how farce that any man can go to jail for doing nothing.
    Now we will do the Same using the same imagine Person that has BALLS and do this for MURDER IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IT because the Police use Real Evidence to convict the person Now we will do this for FRAUD again IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IT because the Police use Real Evidence to convict the person and we will do this for high profile million dollar DRUG Case and once again IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IT because the Police use Real Evidence to convict the person but once again we will do this for any Child Sex case and no evidenced is needed just hear say to start the train to leave the station and when the train start it becomes a runaway train and wont be stopped at any station until it come to the station called JAIL.
    The whole System is a SHAM and we need someone with balls or the other (female) to take on the system because lawyers are making a zillion out of this and the government and the police goes with it.